PDA

View Full Version : Add or edit-- have fun with this...

goingoneight
4/23/2012, 10:06 PM
College Football teams and their celebrity alter-egos the last decade:

Alabama = Alec Baldwin: the accomplished one whose family (Baldwins/SEC brethren) smugly rides the coattails of.
Auburn = Donald Trump: because every now and then a shady investment pays off.
Boise State = Tim Tebow: ironically, a Florida alum best describes this media darling.
Colorado = Seth Rogen: aside from obvious comparisons, numerous years are going by now and it still seems like just yesterday they were at their prime.
Florida = Lindsay Lohan: brushes with success tainted by run-ins with the law. People seem to want to distance themselves from them, too (Meyer, Donovan).
Florida State = David Hassellhoff: everytime they try and make a comeback, the world quietly wishes they'd just sit down and shut up.
Miami = Charlie Sheen: the bad boy that keeps getting away with it.
Michigan = Joan Rivers: has undergone so many changes in recent years that no one recognizes them... or really knows they still exist.
Missouri = The cast of Jersey Shore: known for brainless followers and the belief that they somehow matter.
Nebraska = Jenifer Lopez: "No, seriously... I was famous like ten years ago! I can still do this!"
Ohio State = Mel Gibson: just when you thought he was the embodiment of a first class actor and producer... SURPRISE!
Oklahoma = Chuck Norris: you may joke about them, but you don't speak too loudly without getting roundhouse kicked back to where you came from.
Oklahoma State = Carlos Mencia/Dane Cook: getting rich on other peoples' ideas and all the while screaming "look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!"
Oregon = Lady Gaga. That's just what disturbing thing I think about whenever I see those uniforms.
Texas = Kim Kardashian: rich, spoiled, entitled and full of the herp.
Texas A&M = Larry the Cable Guy: because no one truly understands how something this ridiculous can remain relevant in the news.
Texas Tech = Ryan Reynolds: used to be hilarious... hard to take seriously anymore.
UCLA = The Octomom: does anybody really even want that anymore?
USC = 'SC alum OJ Simpson: IOW... "nothing to see here!"

Yes, my panel of experts came up with this over drinks in Drunkytown last Friday. Thought I'd share. Add or edit if'n you'd like to. :D

SoonerInFortSmith
4/24/2012, 07:49 AM
Notre Dame = Dave Chappelle. Signs a big exclusive TV deal then disappears for years. Probably smoking pot in Africa or something.

texaspokieokie
4/24/2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe you should cut down on drinking.

LVSOONER15
4/24/2012, 09:21 AM
College Football teams and their celebrity alter-egos the last decade:

Alabama = Alec Baldwin: the accomplished one whose family (Baldwins/SEC brethren) smugly rides the coattails of.
Auburn = Donald Trump: because every now and then a shady investment pays off.
Boise State = Tim Tebow: ironically, a Florida alum best describes this media darling.
Colorado = Seth Rogen: aside from obvious comparisons, numerous years are going by now and it still seems like just yesterday they were at their prime.
Florida = Lindsay Lohan: brushes with success tainted by run-ins with the law. People seem to want to distance themselves from them, too (Meyer, Donovan).
Florida State = David Hassellhoff: everytime they try and make a comeback, the world quietly wishes they'd just sit down and shut up.
Miami = Charlie Sheen: the bad boy that keeps getting away with it.
Michigan = Joan Rivers: has undergone so many changes in recent years that no one recognizes them... or really knows they still exist.
Missouri = The cast of Jersey Shore: known for brainless followers and the belief that they somehow matter.
Nebraska = Jenifer Lopez: "No, seriously... I was famous like ten years ago! I can still do this!"
Ohio State = Mel Gibson: just when you thought he was the embodiment of a first class actor and producer... SURPRISE!
Oklahoma = Chuck Norris: you may joke about them, but you don't speak too loudly without getting roundhouse kicked back to where you came from.
Oklahoma State = Carlos Mencia/Dane Cook: getting rich on other peoples' ideas and all the while screaming "look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!"
Oregon = Lady Gaga. That's just what disturbing thing I think about whenever I see those uniforms.
Texas A&M = Larry the Cable Guy: because no one truly understands how something this ridiculous can remain relevant in the news.
Texas Tech = Ryan Reynolds: used to be hilarious... hard to take seriously anymore.
UCLA = The Octomom: does anybody really even want that anymore?
USC = 'SC alum OJ Simpson: IOW... "nothing to see here!"

Yes, my panel of experts came up with this over drinks in Drunkytown last Friday. Thought I'd share. Add or edit if'n you'd like to. :D

I found those to be pretty funny. Thanks

badger
4/24/2012, 09:47 AM
Baylor=The latest reality TV show star. Now you see them, now you don't... and now you've forgotten who they ever were.
West Virginia= Charlie Sheen, because you can definite picture him burning a couch or running around in a weird Mountaineer costume with a gun.

MamaMia
4/24/2012, 12:20 PM
Funny. :D

Memtig14
4/24/2012, 12:29 PM
Kansas State

Rosie O'Donnel ....... A flash in the pan that gets uglier every day.

Memtig14
4/24/2012, 12:31 PM
Tulane

Casper the friendly ghost............invisible unless you go looking for them really hard, and still most people think they don't exist.

Memtig14
4/24/2012, 12:32 PM
Arkansas

Porky the Pig........need I explain?

Memtig14
4/24/2012, 12:34 PM
Iowa State

Gomer Pyle........big galoot that can't hurt anyone.

texas bandman
4/24/2012, 01:20 PM
Yale - Bob Hope, "Thanks for the memories" but not you haven't been relevant since the last century.

Thanks for the song!

OU_Sooners75
4/24/2012, 02:19 PM
Tennessee: Richard Simmons: Does a lot of dancing and running around while trying to be hip, but reality is only the old fat women like you!

Flagstaffsooner
4/24/2012, 04:08 PM
KU Fat Albert.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_k0iz08TE6YE/RvE_EwDCxTI/AAAAAAAAAC0/inbxkDq7LEs/s320/Charlie%2BWeiss.jpg

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2010/05/12/fat_albert.jpg

This is becomming a habit with them...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/07/mangino_425aj.png

GDC
4/24/2012, 04:26 PM
Nice job, I got several chuckles out of it.

htownsooner7
4/24/2012, 04:46 PM
North Carolina- Barry Bonds. Cheating freaks of nature who you knew was going to get caught some time.

KantoSooner
4/24/2012, 04:51 PM
Boston College = George Stephanopoulous, somehow, the closer you get to them, the smaller and less impressive they seem.

KantoSooner
4/24/2012, 04:53 PM
Auburn = John Edwards. Sometimes things are just exactly what they appear to be.

cleller
4/25/2012, 01:58 PM
Ole Miss = George Hamilton. Never a big name contender, but too stately and self assured to care.

KantoSooner
4/25/2012, 03:56 PM
Minnesota = Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

Pretty impressive.

A long, long, long, looooooooooong time ago.

VA Sooner
4/25/2012, 06:15 PM
Damn funny. Wish I were creative enough to add to it...

Chuck Bao
4/25/2012, 07:14 PM
Baylor = Newt Gingrich. Talks the talk, but fails to walk the walk. Takes self too seriously for an also ran.

Seamus
4/25/2012, 07:17 PM
Minnesota = Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

Pretty impressive.

A long, long, long, looooooooooong time ago.

^ Winnar

vtsooner21
4/26/2012, 06:38 AM
University of Vermont....Affectionately known as the "Fighting Syrup Gatherers" according to an old episode of "Wings"...

Boomer

DCsooner22
4/26/2012, 09:29 AM

...and has done virtually NOTHING to be deserving of fame.... :D

PrideMom
4/26/2012, 11:00 AM
Maryland - Marlon Brando : could have been a contender...they used to be in national championship games.........

TheUnnamedSooner
4/26/2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe you should cut down on drinking.

Or perhaps, and more likely, he needs more to drink!

SoonerNomad
4/26/2012, 01:44 PM
Penn State - Tiger Woods - years of building false image of perfection and self control, blown away in minutes with humiliating exposure of a bizarre hidden sex scandal

texaspokieokie
4/26/2012, 01:49 PM
Or perhaps, and more likely, he needs more to drink!Rite on !!

Memtig14
4/27/2012, 02:11 PM
Idaho = Mr. Potato Head..........No one hates potatoes.