PDA

View Full Version : Weis getting KU some winning practice.

cccasooner2
4/21/2012, 03:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/video-charlie-weis-thinks-kansas-needs-celebrations-135041036.html

Act like you've never been there!

Ground_Attack
4/21/2012, 04:48 PM
LOL...they even messed up the celebration!

LASooner
4/21/2012, 04:51 PM
How can they take him seriously after that display of stupid?

Seamus
4/21/2012, 05:56 PM
Easter bunny, the Angel Moroni, a straight Mick Jagger, successful Kansas football, the Illuminati ... just a few of the things I don't believe in.

SoonerKnight
4/21/2012, 08:46 PM
WTF was that? Holy ?*&^!!!

Sabanball
4/22/2012, 10:48 AM
"First, you get a BIG cooler to sit on...."

LVSOONER15
4/22/2012, 11:24 AM
What the hell was that man?

badger
4/22/2012, 02:44 PM
While out for a baby stroll yesterday with NP, I discussed with him how KU football would do this year after seeing that, it went something like this:

baj: How will KU football do this year?
NP: Bad.
baj: No chance for improvement with Weis?
NP: No.
baj: Will he be able to recruit at KU?
baj: ...

There really isn't any wiggle room, is there? It's pretty much a given that KU football will suck and they will not get any better under fat walrus weis. It's like there's some weird Weis misconceptions out there that didn't get squashed in time to save KU's money.

baj: Do you think he was only able to recruit well before because he was at Notre Dame?
NP: He didn't recruit well at Notre Dame.
baj: He didn't?
NP: He got a few top players each year to make a big splash, and the rest were crap.
baj:...

I guess the Jimmy Clausen thing and the Notre Dame lore made me think that for some reason, Weis was a hardcore awesome recruiter at Domer. He really wasn't, was he?

baj: So he really isn't that good of a coach unless he has good players?
NP: Patroits assistants have shown that it's all Bill Belichick with their success and not the assistants coaching.
baj: So I could coach at New England and hoodie could make me look like a competent coach?
NP:...

So let the record be set straight once and for all!

1. Weis was never a good coach to begin with. It was all New England be the successful team we all hate all along. They have continued to win after Weis left, so what does that say about Weis?

2. Weis was never a good college coach. After those initial years of success with someone else's recruits, the talent left dropped off and so did the wins... conveniently right after Weis got a big contract extension with a uber buyout. Tee hee, Notre Dame got screwed...

3. Weis is not a good recruiter. And in college, there are coaches who can recruit, and coaches who are about to be fired because they can't recruit and therefore aren't winning.

What the hell was Kansas thinking...

KantoSooner
4/23/2012, 01:09 PM
Succinct writeup AND a bit of anecdotal human interest to boot. How many years of journo school did you attend?

badger
4/23/2012, 01:21 PM
Succinct writeup AND a bit of anecdotal human interest to boot. How many years of journo school did you attend?

I don't remember... five bowl games and a Final Four's worth of college time... 4.5 years, I guess? All those signs around campus during the Red/White game telling students to "Think 15?" For any current students reading, they aren't kidding. It is of course better to have a smaller courseload if you can't handle 15 for some reason (family hardship, work study, etc) but otherwise, there's no excuse, even early-on in your college years. Take 15, or you'll end up doing an extra bowl game like I did... at least the bowl didn't suck (Holiday Bowl)

NP is the football expert in the family though as you can tell. Maybe someday baby badger will rival his college football smarts :D

8timechamps
4/23/2012, 06:45 PM
I don't remember... five bowl games and a Final Four's worth of college time... 4.5 years, I guess? All those signs around campus during the Red/White game telling students to "Think 15?" For any current students reading, they aren't kidding. It is of course better to have a smaller courseload if you can't handle 15 for some reason (family hardship, work study, etc) but otherwise, there's no excuse, even early-on in your college years. Take 15, or you'll end up doing an extra bowl game like I did... at least the bowl didn't suck (Holiday Bowl)

NP is the football expert in the family though as you can tell. Maybe someday baby badger will rival his college football smarts :D

Yeah, but life is never more fun (read: irresponsible) than in college. I choose to squeeze four years of college into five.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/24/2012, 01:45 PM
I am embarassed for him.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/24/2012, 09:57 PM
They should have just dumped Gatorade on him.

badger
4/25/2012, 08:32 AM
They should have just dumped Gatorade on him.

Don't some marine mammals just absorb what touches them? I wonder if Weis' fat would just absorb the Gatorade and he'd weigh 20 more pounds afterward.

Yes, sleep deprivation gives you weird brainless thoughts like that :eek:

OULenexaman
4/25/2012, 09:18 AM
Don't some marine mammals just absorb what touches them? I wonder if Weis' fat would just absorb the Gatorade and he'd weigh 20 more pounds afterward.

Yes, sleep deprivation gives you weird brainless thoughts like that :eek: Mangino won a lot there...had many a Gatorade baths........he looked bigger every week to me.

8timechamps
4/25/2012, 12:24 PM
So, that settles it, Mangino and Weis are sponges.

Flagstaffsooner
4/25/2012, 12:48 PM
The competition for the Big XII's "Silliest Coach" is going to be tight this year.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/RyL6QgebyCI/AAAAAAAADN8/m5umOAgWHSk/s400/CrewcutCharlieWeis.jpg

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mike-gundy.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/366667/mack-brown.jpg

http://www.boomtron.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/tuberville.jpg

http://goldandbluezone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Holgorsen-WVU.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
4/25/2012, 12:55 PM

Yes, sleep deprivation gives you weird brainless thoughts like that :eek: Mangino won a lot there...had many a Gatorade baths........he looked bigger every week to me.

He was just getting more powerful.

agoo758
4/25/2012, 01:29 PM
While out for a baby stroll yesterday with NP, I discussed with him how KU football would do this year after seeing that, it went something like this:

baj: How will KU football do this year?
NP: Bad.
baj: No chance for improvement with Weis?
baj: Will he be able to recruit at KU?
baj: ...

There really isn't any wiggle room, is there? It's pretty much a given that KU football will suck and they will not get any better under fat walrus weis. It's like there's some weird Weis misconceptions out there that didn't get squashed in time to save KU's money.

baj: Do you think he was only able to recruit well before because he was at Notre Dame?
NP: He didn't recruit well at Notre Dame.
baj: He didn't?
NP: He got a few top players each year to make a big splash, and the rest were crap.
baj:...

I guess the Jimmy Clausen thing and the Notre Dame lore made me think that for some reason, Weis was a hardcore awesome recruiter at Domer. He really wasn't, was he?

baj: So he really isn't that good of a coach unless he has good players?
NP: Patroits assistants have shown that it's all Bill Belichick with their success and not the assistants coaching.
baj: So I could coach at New England and hoodie could make me look like a competent coach?
NP:...

So let the record be set straight once and for all!

1. Weis was never a good coach to begin with. It was all New England be the successful team we all hate all along. They have continued to win after Weis left, so what does that say about Weis?

2. Weis was never a good college coach. After those initial years of success with someone else's recruits, the talent left dropped off and so did the wins... conveniently right after Weis got a big contract extension with a uber buyout. Tee hee, Notre Dame got screwed...

3. Weis is not a good recruiter. And in college, there are coaches who can recruit, and coaches who are about to be fired because they can't recruit and therefore aren't winning.

What the hell was Kansas thinking...

I pretty much agree with you from beginning to end... but to be fair to him, NE hasn't won a Super Bowl since he left.....

cccasooner2
4/25/2012, 02:21 PM
I pretty much agree with you from beginning to end... but to be fair to him, NE hasn't won a Super Bowl since he left.....

To be fair, we haven't won a NC since Mangino left.

Curly Bill
4/25/2012, 02:25 PM
LOL

LASooner
4/25/2012, 03:29 PM
Schematic advantage! Schematic advantage!