PDA

View Full Version : It's 4/20, the day stoners take to the streets

Jacie
4/20/2012, 09:20 AM
On April 20th, the unofficial Smoke Marijuana in Public Day, those who partake of the demon weed will congregate and at 4:20 pm consume their sacrament of choice.

So at 4:20 pm today, where will you be?

StoopTroup
4/20/2012, 09:23 AM
Watching Cheech and Chong on Comedy Central?

olevetonahill
4/20/2012, 09:29 AM
It sho wont be Token in public .

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 09:32 AM
On April 20th, the unofficial Smoke Marijuana in Public Day, those who partake of the demon weed will congregate and at 4:20 pm consume their sacrament of choice.

So at 4:20 pm today, where will you be?

What? I don't think I've ever heard it referred to that. They have big smoke outs at places like Boulder for all those hippies, but I don't think stoners think of it as a "smoke in public" day...it's just 420...

Turd_Ferguson
4/20/2012, 09:35 AM
What? I don't think I've ever heard it referred to that. They have big smoke outs at places like Boulder for all those hippies, but I don't think stoners think of it as a "smoke in public" day...it's just 420...Stoner's have no idea what time it is, much less the date...

olevetonahill
4/20/2012, 09:43 AM
Stoner's have no idea what time it is, much less the date...
I do to.

Curly Bill
4/20/2012, 09:45 AM
If the stoners literally take to the streets ima run some of em over!

dwarthog
4/20/2012, 09:52 AM
Dunno, but at 4:25 gonna have the munchies...

olevetonahill
4/20/2012, 09:53 AM
If the stoners literally take to the streets ima run some of em over!
You just try to run over ME.
Ill be all Like Wow Dude.

Mississippi Sooner
4/20/2012, 10:00 AM
It's a good day to have stock in Taco Bell.

StoopTroup
4/20/2012, 10:11 AM
Blind Melon Chitlins says ya'll can dance if ya want....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ0Ls86YfPA

badger
4/20/2012, 10:13 AM
It's also NP's birthday. He got his first gift last night: Baby badger let him sleep longer than usual! She is now just over 5 weeks old :D

StoopTroup
4/20/2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqdkizN2NzU

BillyBall
4/20/2012, 10:24 AM
4:20 for people that don't regularly smoke is like St Patrick's Day for people that don't regularly drink. Just another amateur Day.

StoopTroup
4/20/2012, 10:27 AM
4:20 for people that don't regularly smoke is like St Patrick's Day for people that don't regularly drink. Just another amateur Day.

http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/gas-mask-bong.jpg?cb5e28

KantoSooner
4/20/2012, 10:41 AM
Frisbee
Sunshine
A warm summer day
a nice clear pond
perhaps a worthless bird dog or two for company
a pleasant breeze

And a bat the size of my forearm.

Many are the happy memories of youth...

Penguin
4/20/2012, 11:42 AM
Can someone explain this 420 crap? I've never been a stoner, but I used to be a heavy drinker and I sure as hell didn't need a time or date to start getting f'ed up.

I'm guessing this 4:20 stuff was invented by stoners who got jealous of drinkers owning 5 o'clock?

badger
4/20/2012, 11:46 AM
Can someone explain this 420 crap? I've never been a stoner, but I used to be a heavy drinker and I sure as hell didn't need a time or date to start getting f'ed up.

I'm guessing this 4:20 stuff was invented by stoners who got jealous of drinkers owning 5 o'clock?

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29)

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 12:28 PM

Basically it's about the time stoners get home from highschool and light it up....That's where it came from. Shows you how dumb it is.

C&CDean
4/20/2012, 01:19 PM
Basically it's about the time stoners get home from highschool and light it up....That's where it came from. Shows you how dumb it is.

No ****. Only thing is I used to light up on the way to school, during lunch, and after school. 4:30 is when MASH came on so I'd be sure to light up again then too. There's ~24 years missing from my life...

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 01:23 PM
I never did the on the way to school thing......just lunch and after.

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 01:24 PM
No ****. Only thing is I used to light up on the way to school, during lunch, and after school. 4:30 is when MASH came on so I'd be sure to light up again then too. There's ~24 years missing from my life...

That's the thing. Most stoners don't give a **** what time it is. They're stoners because it's an all the time type of thing. 420 is for kids that have to toke up before their parents get home.

C&CDean
4/20/2012, 01:34 PM
I never did the on the way to school thing......just lunch and after.

Dude, the Fedmart parking lot across from Palo Verde High School was the shiz. I remember one morning being so stoned I walked right up the steps and into the front door whilst smoking a joint. Didn't even remember I was smoking it until one of my buddies goes "what the hell?" and I go "holy ****" and stuck the lit joint right into my mouth. Burned the **** outta myself and I'm oozing smoke all down the hallway freaking out. I ended up going back outside and smoking a cigarette to try and kill the smell. God we were stupid.

BillyBall
4/20/2012, 01:36 PM
I just smoke on the 20's, the specific hour is irrelevant.

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 01:57 PM
I also never heard of this 420 **** until today......

KantoSooner
4/20/2012, 02:59 PM
I hadn't heard of it until the last several years. But then I have had, sadly, to weigh work vs getting high and come down on the side of work for many years now. So I'm basically old and out of the loop.

Mississippi Sooner
4/20/2012, 03:15 PM
Dude, the Fedmart parking lot across from Palo Verde High School was the shiz. I remember one morning being so stoned I walked right up the steps and into the front door whilst smoking a joint. Didn't even remember I was smoking it until one of my buddies goes "what the hell?" and I go "holy ****" and stuck the lit joint right into my mouth. Burned the **** outta myself and I'm oozing smoke all down the hallway freaking out. I ended up going back outside and smoking a cigarette to try and kill the smell. God we were stupid.

I did something kinda like that. Went into a convenience store baked out of my mind, picked out whatever munchies I went in for, and then I noticed that the cashier was grinning at me to the point that I got really paranoid and was sure she knew I was stoned. After I double-timed it out of the store and back to the car I realized that she probably did know I was stoned, and she didn't need to see my bloodshot eyes to know it. I not only had a freshly rolled joint sticking behind my ear, about half the baggie of weed I was carrying was also sticking out the top of my shirt pocket. Good thing I hadn't been talking to a cop.

8timechamps
4/20/2012, 06:05 PM
Heard on the radio that CU closed it's campus (in Boulder). Guess they were worried that stoners were going to wonder on to campus and light up...Don't they realize that's already happening...every day?!

Penguin
4/20/2012, 08:51 PM
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29)

I see. That's the origin, but I sure don't remember hearing about "420" before 2008 or so. Why is the term just now getting popular?

I demand answers!

4/20/2012, 10:34 PM
DUDE... Chill.