PDA

View Full Version : Member the "Food StamP" Millionare

olevetonahill
4/19/2012, 10:38 AM
She gettin charged with fraud

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michigan-lottery-winner-charged-welfare-fraud-173600408.html

Bourbon St Sooner
4/19/2012, 11:54 AM
They should let her repay the money, give her a slap on the wrist and let her go. It's not the most egregious case of fraud I've ever seen. She didn't set up a scheme to defraud the gov't. She was already on assistance when she won the lottery.

The friggin gov't didn't even discover it. It was a local news station. And now they want to make an example of her. They need to put some bankers in jail first, starting with Hank Paulson, Tim Geithner and Ben Bernanke.

Curly Bill
4/19/2012, 12:29 PM
It's fine by me if they throw her under the jail, execute her, or send her to outter space. As a drain on the system we'd be better off without her, or anyone else like her.

StoopTroup
4/19/2012, 12:36 PM
^ Philanthropist

Curly Bill
4/19/2012, 12:42 PM
I'm all about tough love.

That, and people pulling their own weight.

Midtowner
4/19/2012, 12:51 PM
Makes you want for the days of the 'ol stocks and pillories.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2012, 03:07 PM
Makes you want for the days of the 'ol stocks and pillories.

Yep, A little shame can go a long way......

badger
4/20/2012, 11:30 AM
Michigan used to allow students to receive food stamps as well. Can you imagine back in college being able to go to the grocery store for something other than Ramen? That was the life of a Michigan college student, up till they decided that just by virtue of being a student (no ties to income level) wasn't good enough to get free food.

So, Michigan is in zounds of debt for other reasons than millionaire lottery winners freeloading off the system.

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 12:44 PM
It's fine by me if they throw her under the jail, execute her, or send her to outter space. As a drain on the system we'd be better off without her, or anyone else like her.

Wow...I hope your kidding but to be kidding you'd have to be funny first. This is just a wtf comment.

The way I understood it when I read this a couple months back was she didn't do anything illegal. Legally she was allowed to win the lottery and keep getting food stamps because food stamps only took into account your income, which she didn't have a job. Is it wrong? Probably. To say she deserved the death penalty because your too caught up in your political views is a bit messed up...

Curly Bill
4/20/2012, 12:47 PM
Wow...I hope your kidding but to be kidding you'd have to be funny first. This is just a wtf comment.

The way I understood it when I read this a couple months back was she didn't do anything illegal. Legally she was allowed to win the lottery and keep getting food stamps because food stamps only took into account your income, which she didn't have a job. Is it wrong? Probably. To say she deserved the death penalty because your too caught up in your political views is a bit messed up...

Are you a drain on the system too? If so I'm for getting rid of you along with her.

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 12:54 PM
Are you a drain on the system too? If so I'm for getting rid of you along with her.

Nope never used food stamps or government aid. Honestly never known anyone who has been. I just think it makes you sound dumb when you suggest executing someone for using government aid legally. But whatever, I'm sure your "jokes" will get all those dirty liberals who believes in government aid to see your side....

Curly Bill
4/20/2012, 12:56 PM
Nope never used food stamps or government aid. Honestly never known anyone who has been. I just think it makes you sound dumb when you suggest executing someone for using government aid legally. But whatever, I'm sure your "jokes" will get all those dirty liberals who believes in government aid to see your side....

So does it make you sound like a crybaby for whining about my "joke?"

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 01:00 PM
So does it make you sound like a crybaby for whining about my "joke?"

Maybe in eyes of people like you, but I'd rather be a crybaby than an overly political *******...

Edit: All I'm trying to say is if this thread was instead a discussion on a political tv show, you'd get zero credibility, and most people would call you mentally insane...but too each his own

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 01:04 PM
Maybe in eyes of people like you, but I'd rather be a crybaby than an overly political *******...

Edit: All I'm trying to say is if this thread was instead a discussion on a political tv show, you'd get zero credibility, and most people would call you mentally insane...but too each his own you ever been on Jerry Springer??

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 01:08 PM
you ever been on Jerry Springer??

No, but I did see a guy who cut off his own legs with a circular saw on there once...

Curly Bill
4/20/2012, 01:09 PM

Edit: All I'm trying to say is if this thread was instead a discussion on a political tv show, you'd get zero credibility, and most people would call you mentally insane...but too each his own

I sure hope I'm able to sleep tonight.

AlboSooner
4/20/2012, 10:08 PM
Michigan is the Mississippi of the North East. Generally a terrible state to live in.

soonercruiser
4/23/2012, 10:58 PM
They should let her repay the money, give her a slap on the wrist and let her go. It's not the most egregious case of fraud I've ever seen. She didn't set up a scheme to defraud the gov't. She was already on assistance when she won the lottery.

The friggin gov't didn't even discover it. It was a local news station. And now they want to make an example of her. They need to put some bankers in jail first, starting with Hank Paulson, Tim Geithner and Ben Bernanke.

Agree!
Slap on the wrist, repayment and $500,000 fine!
Yup! That should do it!

Bourbon St Sooner
4/24/2012, 04:40 PM
I'd be willing to give her a firm spanking and tell her not to do it again if they need my help.