4/18/2012, 11:28 AM
No POTUS should have eaten dog.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=16160174

OULenexaman
4/18/2012, 11:46 AM
linky no worky

KABOOKIE
4/18/2012, 12:13 PM
Its all over the news. Obama chowed down on some dog back in his mooslum days.

Curly Bill
4/18/2012, 12:26 PM
Have you seen what he's married to? He's done worse than eat dog!

OULenexaman
4/18/2012, 12:33 PM
Mad Cow vajayjay?

Curly Bill
4/18/2012, 12:34 PM
I think likening his old lady to a cow is slanderous towards cows.

OULenexaman
4/18/2012, 12:42 PM
Oops....tell Elsie I'm sorry.

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 12:48 PM
Here ya go

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-boy-ate-dog-meat-030312102--abc-news-politics.html

OULenexaman
4/18/2012, 12:57 PM
dude is sicker than I thought.....

Midtowner
4/18/2012, 01:07 PM
When he was 9?

OMFG!! THIS MATTERS!!ONE!!11

KantoSooner
4/18/2012, 01:17 PM
MMM White dog soup. Keeps you warm in the winter. And keeps the dogs on their toes and eager to please.

Casava pudding with '9 Lives'. Damn fine eatin'.

Loosen up, people. Lots o' good eats out there.

okie52
4/18/2012, 01:29 PM
When he was 9?

OMFG!! THIS MATTERS!!ONE!!11

Obviously an abused child in need of therapy.

KantoSooner
4/18/2012, 01:51 PM
Haggis

Bubble and Squeak

Blutwurst

Pickled Pig's Feet

Blue Cheese

'Aged' Steaks

Oysters

Catfish

Squirrel

Pate

there are lots of 'western' foods that are pretty unsavory when you get down to it.

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 02:47 PM
You should have your man card pulled(if you have one)for listing 90% of the allsome food on that list

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 03:00 PM
You should have your man card pulled(if you have one)for listing 90% of the allsome food on that list

I've eaten all those on Kanto's list, plus dog and a few other things that have not been mentioned. So what? What is the point of this thread?

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 03:09 PM
You know damn good and well you've never ate haggis.

KantoSooner
4/18/2012, 03:32 PM
Haggis with some stilton on the side and a coupla tumblahs of single malt scotch are a little bit of heaven.

Of course your breath smells like the gates of hell for a while, but I'm not kissing me, so who cares?

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 03:40 PM
And I have bubbles and squeak damn near every Saturday morning...and sometimes during the weekday when i'm in the shower...

okie52
4/18/2012, 03:40 PM
Oysters a western dish?

Blue cheese is somehow grosser than other cheeses?

Aged beef unique to western culture?

Pickled pigs...always liked em.

Never eaten haggis or bubbles and squeak..nor do I intend to.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 03:44 PM
You know damn good and well you've never ate haggis.

I used to travel to Edinburgh Scotland once each year and I have tried haggis. Okay, it was served in plastic wrap rather than sheep stomach, but the natives still called it that and I think the basic ingredients weren't that far off.

okie52
4/18/2012, 03:47 PM
I've eaten all those on Kanto's list, plus dog and a few other things that have not been mentioned. So what? What is the point of this thread?

The point is that there are people that will never think Romney relates to the working man just as there are people that will find Obama eating dog revolting. Not really about any issue other than denigrating your opponent.

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 03:54 PM
I used to travel to Edinburgh Scotland once each year and I have tried haggis. Okay, it was served in plastic wrap rather than sheep stomach, but the natives still called it that and I think the basic ingredients weren't that far off.Oh ok...sorry. I thought you were talking about a scottish woman.:D

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 03:57 PM
The point is that there are people that will never think Romney relates to the working man just as there are people that will find Obama eating dog revolting. Not really about any issue other than denigrating your opponent.

That is so true. It is all about denigrating your opponent. I respect that. The question though is about an American living overseas and partaking in socially acceptable behavior or an American living in the US and strapping the family pet on the hood of his car and driving through a car wash. Now, which one is really questionable behavior?

Midtowner
4/18/2012, 03:59 PM
That is so true. It is all about denigrating your opponent. I respect that. The question though is about an American living overseas and partaking in socially acceptable behavior or an American living in the US and strapping the family pet on the hood of his car and driving through a car wash. Now, which one is really questionable behavior?

Don't forget that Obama was 9.

Saying that Obama is as responsible for what he ate as a 9 year old as Romney was for strapping his dog to his car's roof for a family trip is just dumb.

The comparison doesn't work except in the most meth-addled brains.

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 03:59 PM

I always warsh my dog before I et it

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 04:00 PM
Oh ok...sorry. I thought you were talking about a scottish woman.:D

At lass, I think you were fishing for a Scottish lass. No, I've not been there, ever.

okie52
4/18/2012, 04:03 PM

I didn't know about the car wash although that certainly wouldn't bother my dog but the dog riding in a cage on a car doesn't bother me at all and it is certainly a lot better than the idiots that have dogs riding in their pickup beds. Hell, it sounds a lot better than a lot of dogs/animals that are cooped up on long flights in the luggage compartments.

If you are starving you will eat dog or a lot of other animals/things. Now if you aren't starving then the "culture" could be brought into question. I'll certainly keep my dog away from Obama and the Indonesians.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 04:08 PM
I always warsh my dog before I et it

You're such a silly guy. I bet you don't know about the best tasting dogs. Kanto has already said which season that one should eat dog meat. Dogs are no longer in season, so maybe we should drop the subject with the political spin for a while, yes?

rock on sooner
4/18/2012, 04:09 PM
At lass, I think you were fishing for a Scottish lass. No, I've not been there, ever.

One of my overseas tours was RAF Kirknewton, just outside of Edinburgh, Scotland.
And, I'm here to tell you that the Scottish lasses were most friendly and welcoming,
fish and chips, haggis, lager n lime, Motown on the jukebox, ah-h-h the joys of youth
and all the adventure therein!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
4/18/2012, 04:12 PM
If you don't want him, the Eagles do.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 04:19 PM
I didn't know about the car wash although that certainly wouldn't bother my dog but the dog riding in a cage on a car doesn't bother me at all and it is certainly a lot better than the idiots that have dogs riding in their pickup beds. Hell, it sounds a lot better than a lot of dogs/animals that are cooped up on long flights in the luggage compartments.

If you are starving you will eat dog or a lot of other animals/things. Now if you aren't starving then the "culture" could be brought into question. I'll certainly keep my dog away from Obama and the Indonesians.

Need I remind you that a lot of the dogs riding in the back of Okie pickup trucks are working dogs and companions to Okie ranchers/farmers. My brother can't drive his tractor without his bulldog or his bulldog will pitch a fit and tell him all about it. In no way is that the same as putting a family pet in a cage on the family car and the dog ****ting and then driving the car through a car wash.

okie52
4/18/2012, 04:24 PM
Need I remind you that a lot of the dogs riding in the back of Okie pickup trucks are working dogs and companions to Okie ranchers/farmers. My brother can't drive his tractor without his bulldog or his bulldog will pitch a fit and tell him all about it. In no way is that the same as putting a family pet in a cage on the family car and the dog ****ting and then driving the car through a car wash.

May I remind you this was in the 80's when most people didn't even wear seatbelts including kids. How do those dogs in PU beds do when it brakes or hits something? At least in a crate a dog has some protection. And the car wash is no big deal...well maybe if he did the wax cycle it might have given the dog a little too much lustre.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 04:48 PM
May I remind you this was in the 80's when most people didn't even wear seatbelts including kids. How do those dogs in PU beds do when it brakes or hits something? At least in a crate a dog has some protection. And the car wash is no big deal...well maybe if he did the wax cycle it might have given the dog a little too much lustre.

Still to this day, our pets/working dogs are treated with more respect than Mr. rich guy strapping the family pet on the roof of his car and driving through a car wash. Saying that President Obama may have eaten dog meat in Indonesia as a kid is really stretching the boundaries of logic, as far as I see as an American living overseas. Dude, everything needs to be seen relative to the culture and society. Trying to put spin on bad behavior and a character flaw on others is just that.

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 04:49 PM
He loves his dogs...he got the deluxe wash..includes bikini wax...

KantoSooner
4/18/2012, 04:49 PM
Yes, lustrous dogs would be a bit out there. But maybe a new fad.

All I was trying to say earlier was that we eat plenty of stuff in this country that seems weird to foreigners. (Try explaining the whole process of 'cheese' to the average Chinese guy and get ready for serious nausea to cross his face. "Wait, so you take the lactation of a cow, then let it go rotten until it's solid and then you eat it? What?" )

And oysters, as delicious as they are, make cockroaches look middle of the road. I mean, seriously, oceanic filter feeders? Really? Why don't we just eat our sewage straight? And I love the lil nibblets!

So, puppies, kitties, squirrels, bunnies, nutria, mudbugs, turtles and the like, watch out because I've got a dutch oven, a pantry full of spices and I get hungry at least once each 24 hour cycle.

I think I'll go home and crack open that jar of kimchi and make some veggie rolls to have with beers. Yummo.

okie52
4/18/2012, 04:53 PM
Still to this day, our pets/working dogs are treated with more respect than Mr. rich guy strapping the family pet on the roof of his car and driving through a car wash. Saying that President Obama may have eaten dog meat in Indonesia as a kid is really stretching the boundaries of logic, as far as I see as an American living overseas. Dude, everything needs to be seen relative to the culture and society. Trying to put spin on bad behavior and a character flaw on others is just that.

You won't convince me that a dog riding in a pickup bed is more humane than a dog riding in a dog cage....and really a car wash is inhumane?

The president said he ate dog meat in Indonesia...not me. I said if people were starving they'd eat dog meat...otherwise it was just a cultural thing. Now maybe those starving Muslims might also eat bacon....he11 and damnation.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 04:54 PM

All I was trying to say earlier was that we eat plenty of stuff in this country that seems weird to foreigners. (Try explaining the whole process of 'cheese' to the average Chinese guy and get ready for serious nausea to cross his face. "Wait, so you take the lactation of a cow, then let it go rotten until it's solid and then you eat it? What?" )

And oysters, as delicious as they are, make cockroaches look middle of the road. I mean, seriously, oceanic filter feeders? Really? Why don't we just eat our sewage straight? And I love the lil nibblets!

So, puppies, kitties, squirrels, bunnies, nutria, mudbugs, turtles and the like, watch out because I've got a dutch oven, a pantry full of spices and I get hungry at least once each 24 hour cycle.

I think I'll go home and crack open that jar of kimchi and make some veggie rolls to have with beers. Yummo.

Why you didn't mention hot dogs and chicken nuggets?

okie52
4/18/2012, 04:54 PM

Now maybe if you had said mountain oysters or lambfries.....

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2873632/posts

What does Obama call a dog on top of a car? Fast food!

Why are there no yellow dog Democrats left?

Chow Chow
rack of Rottweiler
slab of lab
German Shepherd pot pie
poodle with noodles

Eating cats gave him gas.

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 05:08 PM
Now maybe if you had said mountain oysters or lambfries.....

Don't know why that should raise any eyebrows either here or there. It is part of our cultural tradition. Curried lamb brains or chicken eggs with scrambled lamb brains on the other hand are probably not. What's the point? Should we equate what we eat to how we treat our family pets?

diverdog
4/18/2012, 05:36 PM

Ditto.

And as far as I am concerned Obama gets his man card punched for eating stuff that would make the average okie cry like a girl.

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 05:56 PM

You're being too kind Chuck. Stretching?!

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 05:59 PM
Ditto.

And as far as I am concerned Obama gets his man card punched for eating stuff that would make the average okie cry like a girl.I'm think'n you'd like to "punch" Obamas "card"...am I right?

okie52
4/18/2012, 07:00 PM
Don't know why that should raise any eyebrows either here or there. It is part of our cultural tradition. Curried lamb brains or chicken eggs with scrambled lamb brains on the other hand are probably not. What's the point? Should we equate what we eat to how we treat our family pets?

So Romney abused his dog by carrying it in a cage on top of the car but your brother keeping his dog In his pickup bed isn't....

Since the discussion might be about eating the family pet it seems somewhat relevant.

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 07:05 PM
Anybody seen Bo lately?

okie52
4/18/2012, 07:06 PM
Anybody seen Bo lately?

He didn't go to the WH, did he?

okie52
4/18/2012, 07:13 PM
T
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2873632/posts

What does Obama call a dog on top of a car? Fast food!

Why are there no yellow dog Democrats left?

Chow Chow
rack of Rottweiler
slab of lab
German Shepherd pot pie
poodle with noodles

Eating cats gave him gas.

Very good!!!

How about a doberman doobie for a nightcap?

diverdog
4/18/2012, 07:14 PM
I'm think'n you'd like to "punch" Obamas "card"...am I right?

Funny. You sure enjoy ****ting your brains out through your mouth....don't you?

okie52
4/18/2012, 07:14 PM
Ditto.

And as far as I am concerned Obama gets his man card punched for eating stuff that would make the average okie cry like a girl.

You ought to see if Obama will eat any of your BBQ pork.

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 07:21 PM
Funny. You sure enjoy ****ting your brains out through your mouth....don't you?How does Obamas dictate?

Midtowner
4/18/2012, 07:28 PM
This steaming pile is 3 pages?

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 07:30 PM
This steaming pile is 3 pages?

I bet we could easily double it...

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 07:36 PM
So how Yall like yer dog?
Ive had it Grilled, Boiled, served with kraut. mixed in with beans and rice , Even et some raw once er twice .

diverdog
4/18/2012, 07:38 PM
How does Obamas dictate?

I don't know. You tell me.

diverdog
4/18/2012, 07:40 PM
Ive had it Grilled, Boiled, served with kraut. mixed in with beans and rice , Even et some raw once er twice .

I like mine with Nuc Mam, chilies, onions on rice.

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 07:41 PM

My experience tells me it is the breed and not cooking style that is most important...

Chihuahua and greyhounds are too lean and basset hounds too fat...I'll take a medium rare poodle any day...

okie52
4/18/2012, 07:43 PM

Chili, cheese and onions.

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 07:46 PM
They need to be medium sized and fairly young
Breed aint that important cept ya dont want em stringy

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 07:46 PM

You are the softest person on the planet for pets and you well know that there is a place in hell for vile thoughts like this. And, I'm not talking about pets but people who need to eat.

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 07:48 PM
You are the softest person on the planet for pets and you well know that there is a place in hell for vile thoughts like this. And, I'm not talking about pets but people who need to eat.

Hell Bro, If this the only thing that sends me to hell, Ima get off lite :unconscious:

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 07:54 PM
They need to be medium sized and fairly young
Breed aint that important cept ya dont want em stringy

I had some stringy dog just last week...disgusting, didn't even leave a tip...

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2012, 08:00 PM
There are certain Filipino neighborhoods here where Black Dogs are hard to find for a reason.

5-0

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 08:04 PM
There are certain Filipino neighborhoods here where Black Dogs are hard to find for a reason.

5-0

Color is of little importance unless you are looking for presentation style points...cook em like a pig and put an apple in their mouth and a lighter color coat contrasts the apple nicely...

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 08:41 PM
Color is of little importance unless you are looking for presentation style points...cook em like a pig and put an apple in their mouth and a lighter color coat contrasts the apple nicely...

There are some people who believe that Angus steaks taste better. There are those who say that the meat of dark haired dogs taste better. I personally think that licking on the skin of dark haired people tastes better. All of that could be wrong and an urban legend. You can go with a blond or a red-head, NTTIAWWT.

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2012, 08:42 PM

The entree is called Black Dog. They're the preferred color.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/18/2012, 08:47 PM
There are some people who believe that Angus steaks taste better. There are those who say that the meat of dark haired dogs taste better. I personally think that licking on the skin of dark haired people tastes better. All of that could be wrong and an urban legend. You can go with a blond or a red-head, NTTIAWWT.I thought you liked the non-poled herefords?

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 08:48 PM
How long has it been since you had a big steaming bowl of Black Dog Chili...

Hey, hey...well, that's too long!

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 09:00 PM
I thought you liked the non-poled herefords?

That's just spooky. My granddad always loved his baldy-faced Herefords. My dad liked Breemers and then Limousin and then Beefmasters. My brother and sister have gone Angus. I still like the Herefords.

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 09:08 PM
That's just spooky. My granddad always loved his baldy-faced Herefords. My dad liked Breemers and then Limousin and then Beefmasters. My brother and sister have gone Angus. I still like the Herefords.

I hate Herefords...I lived in Hereford, Tx...at the time more cattle on hoof than any other US county....needless to say, the place stunk...

okie52
4/18/2012, 09:25 PM
How long has it been since you had a big steaming bowl of Black Dog Chili...

Hey, hey...well, that's too long!

Hey hey momma said the way you move, gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove....

Chuck Bao
4/18/2012, 09:38 PM
I hate Herefords...I lived in Hereford, Tx...at the time more cattle on hoof than any other US county....needless to say, the place stunk...

I once took my girlfriend from the university to my home and she said the very same thing. At that point, I realized that girls are dumb, even as bright as this one was/is. She's a respected university professor now. If she couldn't get over the smell of cattle dung on my boots, there is little hope that she could stand to live with me. None of that makes sense but I was just lucky enough to figure it out. Not everybody can live next to a cattle lot.

diverdog
4/18/2012, 10:31 PM
I once took my girlfriend from the university to my home and she said the very same thing. At that point, I realized that girls are dumb, even as bright as this one was/is. She's a respected university professor now. If she couldn't get over the smell of cattle dung on my boots, there is little hope that she could stand to live with me. None of that makes sense but I was just lucky enough to figure it out. Not everybody can live next to a cattle lot.

Yeah it makes it easy to trick them.

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2012, 10:49 PM
I remember the Wolf Brand Chili ad.

cute.

Balut anyone?

5-0

sappstuf
4/18/2012, 10:52 PM
nEBN8wOKjMo&

diverdog
4/19/2012, 06:03 AM
I remember the Wolf Brand Chili ad.

cute.

Balut anyone?

5-0

That is some nasty fart ammo. Combined with the chili you could take out half of Iran. Of course they would hang you for crimes against humanity.

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 07:27 AM
What a dog eat dog thread this is now.....I'll have mine in a omlette please.

jkjsooner
4/19/2012, 08:29 AM

Cattle dung doesn't smell bad at all. It's a whole lot better than that smell we or any other carnivore produces.

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 08:54 AM
I still like the Herefords. That's what Obama said......right before I do.

KantoSooner
4/19/2012, 08:57 AM
I'm starting to get a definite feel here. Something from our past. Something old and hoary with wisdom and knowledge.

The feelling of DELETE ME!

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 09:05 AM
Cattle dung doesn't smell bad at all. It's a whole lot better than that smell we or any other carnivore produces. damn.....so now it's a dung thread.

Mississippi Sooner
4/19/2012, 09:46 AM
Did someone mention poop?

MamaMia
4/19/2012, 10:36 AM
When he was 9?

OMFG!! THIS MATTERS!!ONE!!11I know for a fact that I would NOT have eaten a dog when I was 9 and neither would any other normal American citizen. Obama is a freak.

C&CDean
4/19/2012, 11:24 AM
Right when I was fixin' to make the first-ever; in the history of ever, move of a thread from the politics board to the SO Mama comes along and drags it back to politics. Dammit.

And I must commend everyone in this thread. It's a hell of a weird one and I likes that.

Back on topic, I've never ate dog and wouldn't unless I was starving or a guest at someone's home that served it. I have eaten monkey and coatamundi (sic?) though and both were quite good.

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 11:49 AM
even if it I was a guest at someone's home and they were serving a big ole rack of lab....Ima tell em to **** off.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/19/2012, 12:05 PM
Don't forget that Obama was 9.

Saying that Obama is as responsible for what he ate as a 9 year old as Romney was for strapping his dog to his car's roof for a family trip is just dumb.

The comparison doesn't work except in the most meth-addled brains.

If Clark Griswold would have strapped the dog to the roof rather than tying him to the bumper, the dog would still be alive. That Romney fellow is right humane.

OK, the dog wouldn't still be alive because that was 30 years ago.

okie52
4/19/2012, 12:09 PM
If Clark Griswold would have strapped the dog to the roof rather than tying him to the bumper, the dog would still be alive. That Romney fellow is right humane.

OK, the dog wouldn't still be alive because that was 30 years ago.

He did strap aunt Edna to the roof...although she was already dead. It did rain on her too so we have the car wash factor.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/19/2012, 12:14 PM
He did strap aunt Edna to the roof...although she was already dead. It did rain on her too so we have the car wash factor.

He was washing her for burial. Clark is a good muslim just like Barack.

sappstuf
4/19/2012, 12:24 PM
even if it I was a guest at someone's home and they were serving a big ole rack of lab....Ima tell em to **** off.

Save the neck for me Clark.

StoopTroup
4/19/2012, 12:34 PM
President Obama is gonna eat Mitt's Liver with a little Chianti and some Fava Beans

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 12:48 PM
[Does Betty Crocker make a Hounddog Helper?

Curly Bill
4/19/2012, 12:49 PM
Does dog taste "gamey?" Surely it doesn't taste like chicken?

pphilfran
4/19/2012, 01:11 PM
Cattle dung doesn't smell bad at all. It's a whole lot better than that smell we or any other carnivore produces.

That may be true...but when you have a literal mountain of cow chit it tends to stank a lot...

pphilfran
4/19/2012, 01:13 PM
Does dog taste "gamey?" Surely it doesn't taste like chicken?

Believe it or not I think it tastes like cat...

diverdog
4/19/2012, 01:18 PM
Right when I was fixin' to make the first-ever; in the history of ever, move of a thread from the politics board to the SO Mama comes along and drags it back to politics. Dammit.

And I must commend everyone in this thread. It's a hell of a weird one and I likes that.

Back on topic, I've never ate dog and wouldn't unless I was starving or a guest at someone's home that served it. I have eaten monkey and coatamundi (sic?) though and both were quite good.

I had monkey in Panama. It was somewhat sweet and smokey. It was cooked over a wood fire. We ate quite a few things in jungle survival school (now closed). I also ate it from street vendor but I did know it was monkey until later.

C&CDean
4/19/2012, 01:22 PM
I had monkey in Panama. It was somewhat sweet and smokey. It was cooked over a wood fire. We ate quite a few things in jungle survival school (now closed). I also ate it from street vendor but I did know it was monkey until later.

When were you there? I was cadre at the JOTC at Ft. Sherman in 1976. Ate snake and a few other creatures while down there too.

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 01:23 PM
Do they make Monkey Jerky?? That sounds kinda funny...

sappstuf
4/19/2012, 01:24 PM

Mystery meat on a stick was hard to pass up once you had a few beers.

pphilfran
4/19/2012, 01:57 PM
Mystery meat on a stick was hard to pass up once you had a few beers.

lol

Mississippi Sooner
4/19/2012, 01:59 PM
I once heard an old man say that if you suck a sow you can see the wind blow.

I think he was talking about a pig, but I couldn't guarantee it.

pphilfran
4/19/2012, 02:03 PM
Coming up....six pages...attained my goal...adios amigos...

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 02:30 PM
here let me help....

StoopTroup
4/19/2012, 02:31 PM
Folks getting worked up about a kid eating dog meat in a foreign Country is hilarious. The dude already admitted to smoking the weed and being an all around **** off as a kid. The Far Right continues to take shots at a guy for things he freely admits to and he still got elected over a War Hero and Barbie. Now they are bringing in the economic equivalent of Frankenstien's Monster to run against him and think by saying he ate Dog Meat, it's gonna hurt him?

LMAO

The Dude is damn near Superman to some folks. I can't understand the cheap childish shots at this guy unless you are afraid Romney will get elected. Then it starts to make sense. Not perfect sense but sense.

Curly Bill
4/19/2012, 02:37 PM
Believe it or not I think it tastes like cat...

The hell ya say! That right there is some irony!!

Curly Bill
4/19/2012, 02:38 PM
Folks getting worked up about a kid eating dog meat in a foreign Country is hilarious. The dude already admitted to smoking the weed and being an all around **** off as a kid. The Far Right continues to take shots at a guy for things he freely admits to and he still got elected over a War Hero and Barbie. Now they are bringing in the economic equivalent of Frankenstien's Monster to run against him and think by saying he ate Dog Meat, it's gonna hurt him?

LMAO

The Dude is damn near Superman to some folks. I can't understand the cheap childish shots at this guy unless you are afraid Romney will get elected. Then it starts to make sense. Not perfect sense but sense.

The Far Right...Man! Those people are so whack!

OULenexaman
4/19/2012, 02:40 PM
The MA legislature seems to praise Romney's economics....

March 4, 2012
United States Republican members of the Massachusetts House of
Representatives wrote the following letter in support of Mitt
Romney:

Massachusetts Republican Representatives Stand with Mitt.
Over the course of this election season, we members of the
Massachusetts Republican Legislative Caucus, have watched and
listened as our former Governor’s record has been scrutinized
by his rivals and by the national media. Now it is our turn to
speak.
Republicans in Massachusetts never had a stronger leader, a
greater defender, or a better friend in the State House than
Mitt Romney.
Let’s start with the economy. When Mitt was elected Governor,
Massachusetts was on the verge of financial disaster. Workers
across the state were being laid off at the rate of thousands a
month.
Our state budget was bleeding red ink, and Democratic
politicians were proclaiming that only tax increases could fill
the gap. Raising taxes, of course, was not Governor Romney’s
way. Quite the opposite. With the same energy and intelligence
he brings to every challenge he faces, he brought efficiency to
our state government. He streamlined our budget and cut
unneeded programs
Without raising taxes—indeed, he cut taxes nineteen times—he
balanced the budget every year of his term. By the end of four
years, he had turned a $3 billion deficit into a $2 billion
rainy-day fund. With the state government’s finances in order,
the economy picked up steam. Unemployment at the end of Mitt’s
term was 4.7 percent, a rate the state envies now.
But the economy was not the only realm where Mitt was a leader.
He cracked down on illegal immigration by vetoing an in-state
tuition bill and by authorizing state troopers to detain people
who had entered the country illegally. When Democrats caved to
the teachers unions and sought to impose a one-year moratorium
on publicly-funded charter schools, Mitt successfully turned
back their efforts.
Every one of these steps required leadership and courage.
Massachusetts is the cradle of liberalism and Mitt was willing
to say “No” to the liberal agenda. When conservatives in
Massachusetts needed someone to fight for them, Mitt stood up
and did the fighting. He didn’t shrink from unpopular positions
that drew heat in the liberal media. He didn’t shrink from
using his veto power to block Democratic initiatives. Indeed,
he exercised his veto power more than 800 times.
Washington D.C. could sorely use a leader of Mitt’s uncommon
fortitude. So could the Republican Party. Mitt governed as a
conservative in a heavily Democratic Massachusetts. And let’s
not forget that he garnered enough independent votes to be
elected in the first place. He’s got a track record that shows
he can defeat Barack Obama.
If Mitt gets to the White House and has a chance to do for the
country what he did for Massachusetts, we will see a turnaround
in this country unlike any we have seen before. America can get
back on the path to strong economic growth and full employment.
We know Mitt’s extraordinary abilities firsthand. It’s time our
great country had a great president once again. We feel
fortunate that our former Governor is in the race.

Sincerely,
House Minority Leader Brad Jones
> Representative Paul Adams
> Representative Jay Barrows
> Representative Richard Bastien
> Representative Matthew Beaton
> Representative Nicholas Boldyga
> Representative Vinny deMacedo
> Representative Angelo D’Emilia
> Representative Geoff Diehl
> Representative Peter Durant
> Representative Ryan Fattman
> Representative Kimberly Ferguson
> Representative Paul Frost
> Representative Susan Gifford
> Representative Sheila Harrington
> Representative Bradford Hill
> Representative Steve Howitt
> Representative Donald Humason
> Representative Randy Hunt
> Representative Kevin Kuros
> Representative Steven Levy
> Representative Marc Lombardo
> Representative Shaunna O’Connell
> Representative Keiko Orrall
> Representative George Peterson
> Representative Elizabeth Poirier
> Representative George Ross
> Representative Todd Smola
> Representative David Vieira
> Representative Daniel Webster
> Representative Daniel Winslow
> Representative Donald Wong

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2012, 03:09 PM
I will be on here laughing out loud when we finally discover the truth that O'Bummer was never eligible to serve as POTUS...

usmc-sooner
4/19/2012, 06:25 PM

LMAO

You think ST is going to come down and realize this was because Obama threw the the first punch about Romney and his dog. LMAO you can't make this **** up.

C&CDean
4/19/2012, 07:31 PM

LMAO

RLIMC from the other side of the mirror? Is that you? Who the **** are you, and what have you done with Greg? Dang son. You're acting like you believe that horse****. Have you been possessed by the devil?

diverdog
4/19/2012, 08:00 PM
When were you there? I was cadre at the JOTC at Ft. Sherman in 1976. Ate snake and a few other creatures while down there too.

I was in Panama in 1983 (if I remember correctly). We were put through a jungle survival school refresher course of sorts not the 10 day course. They snagged us off a mission and send us out with cadre to survive in the jungle environment for a few days. The AF did this to me twice. The other time was in the swamps of SC. They drove up in a bus and you are thinking....oh crew rest...and then all of sudden they take your gear, give you survival gear and off you go. The AF wanted to make sure you knew how to use the your radio, land navigation, interact with SAR, cross water obstacles and live off the land. It totally sucked. Now it is a scheduled training event and I am sure desert survival is at the top of the list.

Here is the article on the course in Charleston and another base:

http://www.charleston.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123201950
(http://www.charleston.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123201950)
http://www.andersen.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123085508

Did you have to go through all the advanced military survival schools to be an instructor? A lot of AF instructors are also involved in SAR and PJ work. I know a number of them went through the advanced SERE schools or as we called it the advanced beatings course (level c).

I am pretty good with a compass but I found navigation in the jungle damn near impossible. Short distance for vis, everything looked the same and crawling over stuff made my pace count not as accurate as I would like. Recently I have been trying to relearn how to use my UTM grids for land navigation. I am hoping to go to Montana this fall and do some back country backpacking.

Did you eat any fer de lances?

olevetonahill
4/19/2012, 08:28 PM
Been my experience that If ya ever put the Uniform on , Ya prolly ate some **** ya just as soon never have second helpins of again

rock on sooner
4/19/2012, 08:46 PM
I can only shake my head at what they do. Stuff that I wanted to do they
said no 'cause of my security clearance. Great admiration and pride when I
see and hear what they do and how they do it. Wonderful warriors to train
and protect us.

diverdog
4/19/2012, 08:46 PM
Been my experience that If ya ever put the Uniform on , Ya prolly ate some **** ya just as soon never have second helpins of again

You have no idea. I was put in the hospital for a week from something I ate in South America. They won't allow me to give blood. Then again I will try anything once.

olevetonahill
4/19/2012, 09:55 PM
You have no idea. I was put in the hospital for a week from something I ate in South America. They won't allow me to give blood. Then again I will try anything once.

I aint been able to donate blood since I came home, Oh and Im pretty sure "I Have an Idea"

KantoSooner
4/20/2012, 08:44 AM
I personally enjoy running through the litany of diseases I've had whenever the blood donation nazis come calling. They quickly decide that they don't really want my precious essense nearly as much as they thought they did.

Hint: if you want out, Dengue fever seems to hold special powers with 'em.

olevetonahill
4/20/2012, 08:58 AM
I personally enjoy running through the litany of diseases I've had whenever the blood donation nazis come calling. They quickly decide that they don't really want my precious essense nearly as much as they thought they did.

Hint: if you want out, Dengue fever seems to hold special powers with 'em.

Heh, I just tell em "Nam Vet"
All the carp we were exposed to and then Vaccinated against .

KantoSooner
4/20/2012, 10:51 AM
You can also use "Patpong Vet" with a winkwinknodnod. Works particularly well with the middle aged, stern nurses who'd secretly love to ask you about it, but won't. Let 'em overhear talk about balloons and blow darts and you'll pretty well never have to worry about them chasing after your blood ever again.

olevetonahill
4/20/2012, 10:55 AM
I'd donate if I could,

C&CDean
4/20/2012, 01:30 PM
I was in Panama in 1983 (if I remember correctly). We were put through a jungle survival school refresher course of sorts not the 10 day course. They snagged us off a mission and send us out with cadre to survive in the jungle environment for a few days. The AF did this to me twice. The other time was in the swamps of SC. They drove up in a bus and you are thinking....oh crew rest...and then all of sudden they take your gear, give you survival gear and off you go. The AF wanted to make sure you knew how to use the your radio, land navigation, interact with SAR, cross water obstacles and live off the land. It totally sucked. Now it is a scheduled training event and I am sure desert survival is at the top of the list.

Here is the article on the course in Charleston and another base:

http://www.charleston.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123201950
(http://www.charleston.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123201950)
http://www.andersen.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?id=123085508

Did you have to go through all the advanced military survival schools to be an instructor? A lot of AF instructors are also involved in SAR and PJ work. I know a number of them went through the advanced SERE schools or as we called it the advanced beatings course (level c).

I am pretty good with a compass but I found navigation in the jungle damn near impossible. Short distance for vis, everything looked the same and crawling over stuff made my pace count not as accurate as I would like. Recently I have been trying to relearn how to use my UTM grids for land navigation. I am hoping to go to Montana this fall and do some back country backpacking.

Did you eat any fer de lances?

I had to go to Recondo at Ft. Bragg, Desert Warefare at Bliss, Cold Weather Survival at Camp Drum, and of course the Jungle Expert training in Panama. I was an E-4, and they had to make me a Corporal since you had to be an NCO to be cadre. In the Army, a Spec 4 isn't considered an NCO, but a Corporal is.

It was a suck time to be down there though. It was when Jimmy the peanut ****er was trying to give the canal back. Colon and Panama City were restricted, and there was a lot of hostility towards Yankees. Good time...

badger
4/20/2012, 02:19 PM

Election 2012: Will you choose the Muslim or the Mormon :P

Was anyone alive and paying attention when people reportedly were worried that Kennedy would be leading this country based on direct orders from the Pope because of his Catholic beliefs? I'd love to hear about it if so.

Also, did anyone make a crazy big deal out of the female Democrat veep candidate in the 80s? I was too young then to be paying attention. This one right here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Ferraro)

I am asking because I wondering if discussions like this are a sign of the times or just a recurring theme throughout history. OMG STUFF APPEARS TO BE CHANGING... BUT IT REALLY ISN'T ROFL

Mississippi Sooner
4/20/2012, 02:46 PM

Was anyone alive and paying attention when people reportedly were worried that Kennedy would be leading this country based on direct orders from the Pope because of his Catholic beliefs? I'd love to hear about it if so.

Also, did anyone make a crazy big deal out of the female Democrat veep candidate in the 80s? I was too young then to be paying attention. This one right here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Ferraro)

I am asking because I wondering if discussions like this are a sign of the times or just a recurring theme throughout history. OMG STUFF APPEARS TO BE CHANGING... BUT IT REALLY ISN'T ROFL

I don't remember the Kennedy thing, but what I remember about Ferraro, at least among people I knew, was that it was pretty much treated as a joke. Mondale had absolutely no chance against Reagan, so the Ferraro deal was more or less seen as a publicity stunt.

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 02:54 PM
Didn't Ferraro go bat **** nuts or something??

rock on sooner
4/20/2012, 02:56 PM

The Kennedy thing was a pretty big deal early on in southern OK but kinda calmed down
after Kennedy addressed it directly. Ferraro was an attempt on Mondale's part to galvanize
women to turn out Ronnie but, obviously, didn't work....something about raising taxes in his
acceptance speech at the convention.

I think politics, like fashion and fads, are cyclical...e.g. hang onto tye dye and bell bottoms
because they'll be back. Pretty much the same with political issues, domestic ones, at least.

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 03:01 PM
Bell Bottoms came back??.......I missed it.

rock on sooner
4/20/2012, 03:06 PM
Bell Bottoms came back??.......I missed it.

Yup, they were called elephant bells...didn't last long, though....

KantoSooner
4/20/2012, 03:12 PM
Badger,
Reread the Federalist Papers. Most of our political arguments were right there in the 1780's and '90's. Likewise the hand wringing over how impolite our political discourse is 'these days'.
Every generation thinks they invented sex and music. Most feel like people in previous generations were, simultaneously, living in a paradise of political consensus and calm AND living in drone-like ignorance of/wilfull avoidance of THE IMPORTANT ISSUES OF THE DAY.

And, yes, Ferraro was a big deal. Not as big as it would have been if she hadn't been running second fiddle to that burned-out junkie Mondale, but a big deal.

TitoMorelli
4/20/2012, 04:07 PM
The Kennedy thing was a pretty big deal early on in southern OK but kinda calmed down
after Kennedy addressed it directly. Ferraro was an attempt on Mondale's part to galvanize
women to turn out Ronnie but, obviously, didn't work....something about raising taxes in his
acceptance speech at the convention.

Yeah, that higher taxes bit really turned the tide and especially hurt Mondale in the swing states - all 49 of them.

badger
4/20/2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah, that higher taxes bit really turned the tide and especially hurt Mondale in the swing states - all 49 of them.

And now Minnesota is on the verge of voting out the NFL when the other 49 states say "Yes, yes we DO like the NFL!" :D

Seriously... if you are gonna build a new college stadium, a new hockey stadium and a new baseball stadium, and then when the NFL says that its decrepit inflatable dome has collapsed under snow one too many times and you say "Please wait a year" once again, you are pretty much voting the NFL outta your state. One issue I remember Jesse Ventura got on almost immediately after taking office was being in favor of a new Vikings stadium... alas, he really didn't have much political sway, being an indy third party candidate and all :D

diverdog
4/20/2012, 06:49 PM
I had to go to Recondo at Ft. Bragg, Desert Warefare at Bliss, Cold Weather Survival at Camp Drum, and of course the Jungle Expert training in Panama. I was an E-4, and they had to make me a Corporal since you had to be an NCO to be cadre. In the Army, a Spec 4 isn't considered an NCO, but a Corporal is.

It was a suck time to be down there though. It was when Jimmy the peanut ****er was trying to give the canal back. Colon and Panama City were restricted, and there was a lot of hostility towards Yankees. Good time...

I remember getting on a bus and there was chicken wire on the windows. I asked why and they said to keep someone from throwing in a grenade. That made me pucker up.

Were you a Green Beret?

BTW now they are teaching guys how to break out of handcuffs and zip ties as part of their SERE training. Hand to hand combat has also been added. We never had that training and I decided if I went down I would shoot all my bullets except one and then do myself in.

cleller
4/22/2012, 07:20 PM
Yup, they were called elephant bells...didn't last long, though....

Elephant bells were the bottom of the 70s fashion debacle.

sappstuf
4/23/2012, 12:17 AM
http://imgupld.lunaticoutpost.com/graphic/images/2012/April/21/B358_4F92EBEF.jpg