PDA

View Full Version : He must be doing something right

Jacie
4/18/2012, 08:51 AM
Notre Dame TE Ragone transfers to Kansas

The Associated Press

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) Notre Dame tight end Mike Ragone has signed a grant-in-aid form to complete his transfer to Kansas, where he will be reunited with former coach Charlie Weis.

Ragone has completed his undergraduate degree and will be eligible to play for the Jayhawks immediately. He joins quarterback Dayne Crist and linebacker Anthony McDonald as former Irish players who will finish their college careers in Lawrence.

Weis recruited all three players to Notre Dame while he was the head coach in South Bend. He was fired in 2009 and hired by Kansas last fall to replace Turner Gill.

Ragone was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA after missing the 2008 season and most of last season with knee injuries. He played in 37 games at Notre Dame. He is the sixth Division I transfer to join the Kansas program since Weis was hired.

PrideMom
4/18/2012, 08:52 AM
Whoopty Do!

Curly Bill
4/18/2012, 08:54 AM
I'd say its more related to expected playing time at Kansas versus what they'd expect at Domer.

...and some peeps like big fat losers! ;)

LVSOONER15
4/18/2012, 09:09 AM
Most of those transfers weren't gonna much playing time. So as one poster put it, whoopty do.

MichiganSooner
4/18/2012, 10:09 AM
A player has completed his degree; granted a 6th year of eligibility? Why doesn't he use that degree and get a job?

Curly Bill
4/18/2012, 10:19 AM
A player has completed his degree; granted a 6th year of eligibility? Why doesn't he use that degree and get a job?

Get a job, or go to college and play some football?

...I know what I'd do!

SoonerNomad
4/18/2012, 10:31 AM
This appears to me to be a sign that Weis, even while at Notre Dame, was successful at recruiting players of the talent level that were better suited being at Kansas, than Notre Dame. Coach Kelly is probably happy to be rid of them.

BoulderSooner79
4/18/2012, 10:40 AM
Get a job, or go to college and play some football?

...I know what I'd do!

^This! You "get" to work the rest of your life.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/18/2012, 10:42 AM
This appears to me to be a sign that Weis, even while at Notre Dame, was successful at recruiting players of the talent level that were better suited being at Kansas, than Notre Dame. Coach Kelly is probably happy to be rid of them.We're gonna have to kick the as*es of both programs this year. Both are getting too uppity!

budbarrybob
4/18/2012, 12:05 PM
But can he Cook?

StoopTroup
4/18/2012, 12:21 PM
It's like we get to beat Notre Dame twice. :D

4/18/2012, 01:19 PM
It's like we get to beat Notre Dame twice. :D1-0 Scoreboard on the Notre Dame Jayhawks!

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 05:47 PM
Kansas will get better, but if you really think about it, a retarded monkey could improve that team.

Weis will run into what every former coach (minus fat man) ran in to...KU will never be a serious contented in football. They can't consistently recruit top tier athletes.

4/18/2012, 05:58 PM
Kansas will get better, but if you really think about it, a retarded monkey could improve that team.

Weis will run into what every former coach (minus fat man) ran in to...KU will never be a serious contented in football. They can't consistently recruit top tier athletes.We...hope..

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 05:59 PM
We...hope..

That's why I posted it. I can continue to convince myself that KU isn't relevant. Work with me here...

Sooner-N-KS
4/18/2012, 07:55 PM
I think it's good Kansas is getting some love, but they shouldn't hold their breath for Weis. He has been a good assistant/coordinator, but he has never succeeded as a head coach.

LASooner
4/18/2012, 09:48 PM
So he's bringing in players that helped him lose at Notre Dame, to help him lose at Kansas?

4/18/2012, 11:36 PM
That's why I posted it. I can continue to convince myself that KU isn't relevant. Work with me here...In order to ensure that something is a failure, one only needs to proclaim it so, and the proclamation automatically comes to pass? (Do we have some science here?)