PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Starting WRs?????

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2012, 11:14 PM
Who will be he starting WRs this coming season?

Sure we have Stills, Franks, Reynolds, and Jackson back. But they have been everything but consistent. With the talented freshmen and JUCO players coming in, what will our lineup look like?

Metoyer
Stills
Gardner
Neal
Reynolds
Woods
Shepard
Franks

Likely that order and that is saying something since three of the top 4 have not even played one game for OU!

yermom
4/17/2012, 11:37 PM
i'd be surprised if it wasn't Stills, Reynolds, Franks and Metoyer first

TahoeSOONER
4/17/2012, 11:46 PM
Stills, Jaz and Trey on the outside with Franks and Neal working the slot with Clay and Finch poaching time as well. If Neal or Gardner impacts early this will be a talented group with speed and size.

I think it really rides on Stills and his effort to show some leadership and bring these young guys along.

IronHorseSooner
4/18/2012, 07:05 AM
Stills is the key. He's the kind of guy who needs a productive receiver opposite him. I can see teams rolling coverage to Metoyer, and guys like Stills, Jaz, or Gardner taking advantage of that.

Curly Bill
4/18/2012, 07:29 AM
Metoyer and Stills on the outside, Franks in the slot.

StoopTroup
4/18/2012, 12:33 PM
i'd be surprised if it wasn't Stills, Reynolds, Franks and Metoyer first

Those four do seem to be the guys that will be getting some PT, I just wonder if Jackson will pick it up?

I don't see the newbs getting much PT unless one of them can give Metoyer a run for his money.

Right now Derrick Bradley is the only Senior we have in the WRs and it's amazing he's still on the Roster taking up a spot.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradley_derrick00.html

He wouldn't be the 1st Senior we've seen suddenly disappear off the roster. With 5 pretty solid young guys...I don't see any newbs punching through for PT unless they start really showing something this summer.

Boomer.....
4/18/2012, 12:51 PM
They've said great things about Gardner. Al was saying that he could be the second best wide out behind Metoyer.

StoopTroup
4/18/2012, 12:55 PM
Al? Really?

Do you still listen to him? Why?

Boomer.....
4/18/2012, 02:28 PM
Because I get bored at work and want to hear about local sports.

Boomer.....
4/18/2012, 02:42 PM
Well looks like we might have another option:

http://newsok.com/article/3667214

soonerboy_odanorth
4/18/2012, 04:23 PM
Have you all had a chance to go to soonersports.com and watch all the clips posted re WR drills? I wouldn't be remotely shocked to see (keeping a RB & TE in the set) a starting lineup of 16-17-18. Body of work through spring drills... looks to me like Jaz and Metoyer were the most dependable 1-2 (or 2-1), and that Kameel, if he is running slot, just looks more fluid/dependable than Franks... in spring drills.

I'm not down, per se, on either Stills or Franks. But if nothing else those guys (Metoyer and Jackson) really tightened the race to the point that in the very least, again, as far as spring is concerned, there is no clear cut fav for the starting nod. And Franks slips and Stills drops are concerning. It will be a great battle this fall.

Speaking of Gardner... is he going to make it to campus at all? Any update if he is now (after the dust up) keeping his nose clean and completing his coursework? I don't think he is a sure bet to make it just yet, is he?

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 05:42 PM
Metoyer and Stills on the outside, Franks in the slot.

This will be the way they line up for the opener at UTEP. Whether or not it changes soon thereafter is the question.

I'm sure Metoyer will see plenty of playing time.

Sooner-N-KS
4/18/2012, 07:58 PM
Stills was very disappointing last weekend. If he doesn't get it together he's going to be on the bench.

I'm thinking our top 3 will be Metoyer, Gardner and Jazz. I'm not sure if any of them would be able to play slot or not.

JLEW1818
4/18/2012, 08:12 PM
How many touchdowns does Stills have against Texas?

SoonerMarkVA
4/18/2012, 08:53 PM
I'd be very surprised if Reynolds isn't in the starting group. Unfortunately, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Stills falling back. He seems to be be struggling. So, my SWAG right now is Reynolds, Metoyer, and Franks, although I don't think Franks holds on for long. Someone's going to step up, I suspect.

Stills needs to decide he wants this thing enough and get things straightened out. Maybe it came too easy to him too fast with Broyles there to take most of the heat, but he was a shadow of himself once Broyles was out. Hopefully he comes out ready to take defenses' best shot and be a playmaker again.

TahoeSOONER
4/22/2012, 02:38 AM
My guess is that Neal will push Franks for time real quick.

IronHorseSooner
4/22/2012, 10:20 AM
I really believe that Stills has it in him, but I also believe that he is putting way too much pressure on himself. He is following a legend, and we all know that is very hard. Metoyer is going to be a beast from Day 1, Gardner could be, and Jaz seems to be really motivated. The only thing is that Metoyer, Jaz, and Gardner are all big physical receivers. Stills really isn't a slot guy, but might be pressed there just to put the best receivers out there. If Franks can keep his feet, he has the tools to be an effective slot receiver. In the end, I think Metoyer, Stills, and Gardner will be the starters, with Franks, Jackson, and Jaz as second team getting a good bit of snaps, and Neal and Shepard getting some snaps and utilized in the return game.

cccasooner2
4/22/2012, 12:39 PM
Well looks like we might have another option:

http://newsok.com/article/3667214

Agree, I now listen to it somewhat regularly.

8timechamps
4/22/2012, 04:33 PM
Agree, I now listen to it somewhat regularly.

Which one do you think will play the slot, Lehman or Dvoracek?

cccasooner2
4/22/2012, 05:04 PM
Which one do you think will play the slot, Lehman or Dvoracek?

Well in my expert opinion, Lehman will be the slot and Dvoracek will play TE. It really depends on whether their appeals to the NCAA for additional FBS years are granted based on hardship caused by playing in cold environments in the NFL.

Edit: The last sentence is pretty bad, but so what?

goingoneight
4/23/2012, 10:09 PM
Oh, god... OSU fans would jump off of a bridge if Dusty comes back. :D

cccasooner2
4/27/2012, 02:39 PM
Listening to Teddy and Dusty today. Just noticed this on Podcasts. Looks like Hale edits their site. :)

"Miss an Episode?

Did you miss a interview or want to go back and here a previous interview?"

OU_Sooners75
4/27/2012, 02:58 PM
IMO, Franks is the last to see the field unless the newcomers are struggling with keeping their feet!

Franks trips over a blade of grass everytime...even in open field with no one around!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/27/2012, 04:26 PM
IMO, Franks is the last to see the field unless the newcomers are struggling with keeping their feet!

Franks trips over a blade of grass everytime...even in open field with no one around!It's that Kejuan Jones gene. Clay also has it.