PDA

View Full Version : ticket market question...

nativesooner
4/17/2012, 03:34 PM
Ok I put it on this board because it's not really a "for sale" question but admin feel free to move it if necessary.

Need help in determining which has more value.... 4 OU/ND tickets in Sec 19, below the walkway...

Or 4 OU/Texas tickets in TBD (last year in Sec 36)?

I know face on ND is $99 each, and I'm assuming RRR will be around $110, but which one do you folks think would be worth more if one were selling???

thanks!

yermom
4/17/2012, 04:11 PM
it's the 4 together that throws me a little, but i think OU/Texas is still going to be the hotter ticket.

i can't really imagine many scenarios where this wouldn't be the case with any home game

a single OU/Texas ticket is generally at least $200, just about anywhere in the stadium. dollars to donuts, you could get into the Notre Dame game for face or less on game day

nativesooner
4/17/2012, 04:13 PM
that's what I'm thinkin Yer... I've never had more than 2 Red Riv tickets so I have no clue

auto
4/17/2012, 04:35 PM
a single OU/Texas ticket is generally at least $200, just about anywhere in the stadium. dollars to donuts, you could get into the Notre Dame game for face or less on game day

If that is the case, OU fans suck and do not understand the historical nature of this game as TouchDown Rudy hates to play a game from the golden dome.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/17/2012, 05:02 PM
dollars to donuts, you could get into the Notre Dame game for face or less on game day

I don't agree. If and only if both teams have a couple of losses each will you get into that ND game for less than face. And especially if both ride in undefeated (which would mean an OU victory over Texas by then) you'll be looking at minimum $200 ea. for these too. I don't recall any face or less tickets for the '08 TT game, for example. Is it possible there was a scattered single here or there for that '08 TT game at less than face? Maybe, but I didn't see any, and I was pounding the pavement hard looking just for a single.

(P.S. That's not to say that overall I don't agree. I think, pre-season especially, the OU-UT game is probably the more valuable ticket. It's just that I think both are especially valuable this year... both, even pre-season, well over face. BTW, anyone want to speculate what the Thanksgiving weekend OU v. LoSuRs ticket will be worth if we are undefeated going into that game this year? )

XingTheRubicon
4/17/2012, 05:12 PM
I think OU/ND will be insane trying to find a ticket for face.

I know OU/TX will be insane trying to find a ticket for face.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2012, 05:27 PM
To me, the ND game has more value, if only sentimental, as I have wanted to see them play each other since I was a wee lad.

Actual value may likely be the Cotton Bowl game, depending on opponent's record at the time of the game. ND could very well be doing good in October and that will fetch some premium, no doubt.

Perhaps purchase the RRS tickets and then decide to sell them later to purchase ND tickets if appropriate?

StoopTroup
4/18/2012, 01:13 PM
My 1st opinion was to say the ND Game as we have waited a long long time for this to happen in Norman.

fexas happens every year and even though it's a huge game....it's in fexas and there are only so many OU Fans gonna go down there and not very many go without tickets usually. I have done it a number of times but finding more than 2 together is pretty tough unless you have some huge bucks to spend.

Going into the ND Game undefeated? It will be a very hot ticket even though ND has to play Navy, Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, Miami (at Soldier Field, Chicago), Stanford and BYU before coming to Norman to play us.

We only have 3 tough Conference foes in fexas, fexas fech and K-State going into the Game, with fexas being one of the games you feel are equals to the ND Game.

If we clobber all three and wipe the field with KU. UTEP, Florida A&M along with the other 3 convincing wins....Undefeated ND will not only be a bigger game than fexas in the Cotton Bowl....it will be one of those Nationally Televised Games that has everyone in College Football tuning in and having 4 tickets together will be worth a hell of a lot of dOUgh and even finding a ticket for Standing Room Only is gonna be pretty tough I bet.

With so many what if's...you just have to decide if you think both Teams are good enough to be undefeated come Oct. 27th. If you guess right....those ND Tickets will bring a whole lot more money than RRSO Tickets.

What are they worth if say OU is undefeated and ND has three losses? Probably about the same as those RRSO Tickets IMHO.

nativesooner
4/18/2012, 03:30 PM
Typically I like to make sure Texas tickets are in hand before doing anything with them. I know when they'll be paid for and all, but I'm always leary of planning stuff until I have tickets in hand. I'm guessing those tickets will be in around the end of September, which at the time we should be 3-0 (I hope). Texas should have the same record or MAYBE be 3-1, and who knows with ND but I'm thinking 2-2 at worse. Say you had 4 RRR tickets in hand, and 4 ND tickets in hand at that time, which would you try to get rid of?

soonerboy_odanorth
4/18/2012, 04:13 PM
Typically I like to make sure Texas tickets are in hand before doing anything with them. I know when they'll be paid for and all, but I'm always leary of planning stuff until I have tickets in hand. I'm guessing those tickets will be in around the end of September, which at the time we should be 3-0 (I hope). Texas should have the same record or MAYBE be 3-1, and who knows with ND but I'm thinking 2-2 at worse. Say you had 4 RRR tickets in hand, and 4 ND tickets in hand at that time, which would you try to get rid of?

Heh. I'd say no matter how you look at it I'm only selling 3 Texas or 3 Notre Dame seats, because my fat *** is going to be occupying 1 of those for both contests.

nativesooner
4/18/2012, 04:23 PM
Heh. I'd say no matter how you look at it I'm only selling 3 Texas or 3 Notre Dame seats, because my fat *** is going to be occupying 1 of those for both contests.

you need to buy the 4 RRR ones and I won't have to worry!

MamaMia
4/18/2012, 04:23 PM
I think OU/ND will be insane trying to find a ticket for face.

I know OU/TX will be insane trying to find a ticket for face.This. ND is going to be one of those games when you only see people with signs and their fingers in the air saying they need tickets. As far as Texas is concerned, I read an article that they are going to double the police force on the ground this year to bust scalpers, so good luck with that. :(

soonerboy_odanorth
4/18/2012, 04:28 PM
No worries Mama... no scalping going on here. native is going to sell me 2 of his 4 OU-UT tix for face... or swap my pair and face for 2 for all 4... right, native? That way I can bring the whole family to this one...

(I know... I know... what color is the sky in my world...)

nativesooner
4/18/2012, 04:41 PM
If anyone deserved a non scalping, it might be you Oda North. lol!

auto
4/18/2012, 04:48 PM
Someone that I know needed money to keep their season tickets. I had cash in hand, till I had the games I wanted. OU/and orange aggie, 2 tickets for each game (25yd line) for $650. The guy thinks I paid too much, we shall soon find out.:adoration:

badger
4/20/2012, 11:38 AM
Since neither RRR or Domer are the first game of the season, the scalper value will be based on how well both us and those teams are doing at that point in the season.

If OU already has a few losses piled up and we're outta national title convention, it will be a buyer's market for both games.

If Texas sucks more than they always suck, look for those prices to be lower. Same goes for Domer.

Don't expect less than face value for RRR, just because there's tons of Dallas area alums and they love to see a "home" game down there, regardless of how the teams are doing at that time. Domer, however, could go for less than face value if you don't have professional scalpers trying to sell to you. If you find the grandfatherly gentleman on a bench near the war memorial on the north side of the stadium with a few spares, you'll get a cheaper ticket than the bozo that has the "I NEED TICKETS" sign while holding a fistful of tickets in the air.

yermom
4/20/2012, 11:58 AM
i'm not sure i've seen the going rate for OU/TX tickets really get below $200 since i've been going

badger
4/20/2012, 01:18 PM
i'm not sure i've seen the going rate for OU/TX tickets really get below $200 since i've been going

The year we lost to TCU and UCLA and the year Texas lost to everyone (5-7 season) probably came close!

nativesooner
4/20/2012, 01:47 PM
hmmm... as far as the Red River Whatever it's called now, I have one friend that's sold his pair in the OU endzone for $500-$550 per year. The last time he took less was that year you mentioned Badg, when Big Red Bomar was the QB and he still got $400. I'll probably sell at the end of September, which at that time I think we'll be undefeated, unless we pull a Techie. I think Texas will be undefeated as well, though they MAY have trouble at Oxford since they'll be playing against one of the mighty mighty SEC teams. Notre Dame worries me on the other hand. They might kinda suck and be 2-2 or even worse at that time. I guess based on that I should go with Texas eh?

C&CDean
4/20/2012, 02:48 PM
It's not going to matter what ND's record is. There's enough Catlicks around who don't even go to OU games who will be wanting to go to this one. I've got a couple neighbors who couldn't care less about OU - but are Popers and ask me all the time if they will be able to find tickets to the ND game this year. I know a couple of guys in DC who have never been to an OU game but have been emailing me about tickets to ND.

I'd be willing to bet you won't be able to find anything under face, and possibly nothing at face.

auto
4/20/2012, 06:33 PM
It's not going to matter what ND's record is. There's enough Catlicks around who don't even go to OU games who will be wanting to go to this one. I've got a couple neighbors who couldn't care less about OU - but are Popers and ask me all the time if they will be able to find tickets to the ND game this year. I know a couple of guys in DC who have never been to an OU game but have been emailing me about tickets to ND.

I'd be willing to bet you won't be able to find anything under face, and possibly nothing at face.

Exactly. With the frequency the Rudy's have visited OU, this could be the last in my lifetime, not missing it for the world. I will be in South Bend next year, it does not matter the setback to my *** pocket.

Jacie
4/20/2012, 07:25 PM
1-8 all time, 6 game losing streak including the one against Bob in 99 when the Sooners had a lead (and as they did in every game that season) and couldn't hold it.

Whatever the records are when that game comes, OU owes ND a beat down of biblical proportions . . .