SoonerPride
4/16/2012, 12:00 PM
pffft.

PalmettoSooner
4/16/2012, 12:06 PM
eh...whatever floats their boats.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/16/2012, 12:15 PM
Sounds about right to me. I'd like to see LJ step up this year and prove that he's the best QB in the B12, but I didn't see the improvement I expected to last year.

Collin Klein is a heck of a college FB. He willed that team to 10 wins last year. That team should have been .500 at best.

LVSOONER15
4/16/2012, 12:19 PM
meh. Let's talk about it at the end of the season.

Curly Bill
4/16/2012, 12:27 PM
I got no major problems with that.

MiccoMacey
4/16/2012, 12:32 PM
I'm ok with that. And, like everyone else, I'll wait until the end of the year after the WVU QB goes through a whole year of Big Twelve conference play before I annoint him as the best in the Big Twelve. But it's fair enough for me right now.

My other thought...if McCoy starts over Ash, where does the writer put him?

BoulderSooner79
4/16/2012, 12:47 PM
Hard to argue the list at this point, I take it as a nice challenge for LJ (as if he doesn't have enough already).

OUDoc
4/16/2012, 01:10 PM
Landy?

Tulsa_Fireman
4/16/2012, 04:25 PM
As in the Triple Landy, not to be confused with Landry Jones OR the Triple Lindy.

Ask your waitress.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/16/2012, 04:53 PM
I agree with the article, at least the top 3, as Landry's unwillingness to scoot has hurt his performance. As far as pure passer, he might be the best in the league, though.

8timechamps
4/16/2012, 07:18 PM
No issues with the list. As a pure QB, it's hard to see Klein above "Landy", but whatever. After last pre-season, I'd be fine if we were ranked in the bottom half of the top 25, and had no attention being paid to any of our players.

goingoneight
4/16/2012, 08:06 PM
Didn't Klein get exposed in KSU's three losses? I think KSU made the most of the league being down last year defensively. Snyder's formula still works. Force the issue of possession football.

All I saw of Geno Smith last year was a phenomenal bowl game... it's hard to argue against that. TCU's QB looked pretty good, too.

papawlambert
4/16/2012, 08:33 PM
Certainly not in the top 5, but I believe Nick Florence of Baylor will fool a few folks. JW Walsh may end up being the Okie Lite QB.

LASooner
4/17/2012, 02:30 AM
Reading that article makes me realize it's going to take a while to get used to seeing WVU and TCU logos in Big 12 articles.

boomersooner28
4/17/2012, 07:36 AM
I like that fact that Clint Chelf, or whoever that is, is ahead of David Ash! LOL

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2012, 08:15 AM
Reading that article makes me realize it's going to take a while to get used to seeing WVU and TCU logos in Big 12 articles.

Zackly what I was thinking. Probably a LONG while.

I'm still not used to the BigXII.

PrideMom
4/17/2012, 09:28 AM
Looking at the stats under each name, how does Landry Jones NOT be rated #1?

Curly Bill
4/17/2012, 09:29 AM

Cause the game isn't just about stats?

KantoSooner
4/17/2012, 10:08 AM
No one who watched the OSU game last year could vote Landry the best QB. I like the guy and he's got tons of talent, but that was pathetic.

BoulderSooner79
4/17/2012, 10:38 AM

Because someone peeked at the stats for the last 6 games.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/17/2012, 11:41 AM

It may have to do with that little thing of actually scoring touchdowns.

Eielson
4/17/2012, 05:43 PM
No one who watched the OSU game last year could vote Landry the best QB. I like the guy and he's got tons of talent, but that was pathetic.

He looked pretty good in the first half up until that fumble that got returned for a touchdown. That group of receivers was not very good without Broyles. At some point the receiver has to catch it.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/17/2012, 05:57 PM
Landry doesn't get the respect he deserves. I am hoping that he makes people eat **** this year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/17/2012, 06:03 PM
Landry doesn't get the respect he deserves. I am hoping that he makes people eat **** this year.What Sooner fan DOESN'T hope for that?

I will be more than glad for him to have an all-pro type of year, and I think he has the athleticism to do it, but the mental part is the question.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/17/2012, 06:32 PM
Landry doesn't get the respect he deserves. I am hoping that he makes people eat **** this year.What Sooner fan DOESN'T hope for that?

I will be more than glad for him to have an all-pro type of year, and I think he has the athleticism to do it, but the mental part is the question.

Maybe YOU don't have the mental part. So there.

Burn.

Three things that I hope for that will be key for LJ. First is a decent running game. Second is better pass protection. ****, I forgot the third. But LJ hasn't had the line nor the advantages of field position or defense and turnovers that Sammy had. LJ is a bad dude. He leads a lot like Sam did. People forget that Sam had a goofy look on his face all the time. He wasn't a rah rah Timmy tebow type.

Oh yeah! Three! Catch the ****ing ball!

cleller
4/18/2012, 07:48 AM
Is WV is the 2012 version of OSU 2011?

papawlambert
4/18/2012, 08:06 AM
You know, only time will tell.

OUInformant
4/23/2012, 01:39 PM
As a college QB, yeah that probably is about right. I don't know much about the kid from WV, but LJ may be the best pro prospect.

rainiersooner
4/25/2012, 12:54 PM
David Ash. Lol.

CowboyMRW
4/25/2012, 05:59 PM
Certainly not in the top 5, but I believe Nick Florence of Baylor will fool a few folks. JW Walsh may end up being the Okie Lite QB.

Yes, it shall either be JW or Wes Lunt. After the spring game performance, I would give the edge to JW, however he's in the mold of Zac Robinson/Vince Young. I'm not saying that he's as good as Vince, just some of his mechanics look a lot like Vince's. Lunt, however is almost a replica of Weeden. With Monken as being quoted as saying that he's not going to change our offense at all, I would think that Lunt has the upper hand, as he's had a great spring also.

If Clint Chelf wins the job, I might just go ahead and give up on our season. I think more highly of Jordan Jefferson that I do of Chelf

texaspokieokie
4/26/2012, 08:23 AM
Hope Blackmon is drafted by rams; Sammie needs him.

PrideMom
4/26/2012, 11:05 AM
Sam needs ANYONE who can catch the ball!! I do not understand why the Rams spent all that money and did not get a supporting cast to help Sam. The Rams defense is pretty good, all they need is another running back besides Jackson and receivers.

stoopified
4/26/2012, 11:12 AM
Not to jijack the thread but there was sevearl other best of lists on that site and the one I found most interesting is the list of Big 12 coaches .Bob was first(of course),Barnet of TCU second(not so sure about that), and then Gundy was third.WTF? I'm pretty sure Snyder of KSU and Briles of Baylor at the very least should rank ahead of Gundy.

htownsooner7
4/26/2012, 11:15 AM
How bad do you have to be to be ranked below David Ash? 4 tds, 8 picks. Ouch to the 9th and 10th guys.

CowboyMRW
4/26/2012, 11:21 AM
Not to jijack the thread but there was sevearl other best of lists on that site and the one I found most interesting is the list of Big 12 coaches .Bob was first(of course),Barnet of TCU second(not so sure about that), and then Gundy was third.WTF? I'm pretty sure Snyder of KSU and Briles of Baylor at the very least should rank ahead of Gundy.

I can see Snyder, but Briles, seriously?

Curly Bill
4/26/2012, 11:40 AM
Yup agree on Snyder ahead of Gundy, but not Briles.

...and I would indeed place Barnet 2nd behind Bob.