PDA

View Full Version : prayers please

soonerinabilene
4/15/2012, 02:57 PM
Our 13 year old was in a horrible car accident last night. She is still in an induced coma, but has good vitals. Docs are going to try to wake her later this evening. 2 of her best froends were killed, and another is on the edge. As hard as it is, we are the Lucky parents in the icu Right now. They are saying non-life threatening for her, but a long road of recovery.

Memtig14
4/15/2012, 03:02 PM
Prayers for you, yours and the other families.

Turd_Ferguson
4/15/2012, 03:12 PM
Never want to see a child hurt brother...My families thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. Please keep us updated.

XingTheRubicon
4/15/2012, 03:14 PM
That is so difficult to read. Prayers to everyone involved.

MamaMia
4/15/2012, 03:33 PM
My family is praying for you all.

FirstandGoal
4/15/2012, 03:45 PM
Oh wow

Prayers man..... prayers.

picasso
4/15/2012, 04:45 PM
Our 13 year old was in a horrible car accident last night. She is still in an induced coma, but has good vitals. Docs are going to try to wake her later this evening. 2 of her best froends were killed, and another is on the edge. As hard as it is, we are the Lucky parents in the icu Right now. They are saying non-life threatening for her, but a long road of recovery.
I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers your way.
The fact that they are going to wake her so soon is a good sign.

olevetonahill
4/15/2012, 05:15 PM
In Bro
My heart crys for Yall

pphilfran
4/15/2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear..prayers to you and your family...

This wreck?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=489072

"On Sunday April 15, 2012 at 3:39 a.m. the Abilene Police Department received a call of a major motor vehicle accident on FM 600 near Seabee Park. The calling party reported that she had observed a 4 door vehicle southbound and leave the roadway to the east. The police department received additional calls stating that the victims of the crash had been pulled from the vehicle and transported to the Allsup's Convenience Store at 451 Overland Trail.

The vehicle involved was a 2003 Chevrolet Impala 4 door. The driver is identified as Eliseo Garza, a Hispanic male age 17 of Abilene. There were 5 passengers in the vehicle. All six occupants of the vehicle were transported to Hendrick Trauma Center by MetroCare ambulance and private auto.

A 16-year-old female passenger died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. Justice of the Peace Mike Pueschell was notified and pronounced the victim dead at Hendrick Trauma Center at 9:20 a.m. The names of the passengers will be released later pending notification of family members.

The investigation into the incident continues at this time."

rock on sooner
4/15/2012, 06:20 PM
Typing through tears..May God Bless....

tulsaoilerfan
4/15/2012, 06:27 PM
Prayers for all involved

soonerinabilene
4/15/2012, 06:28 PM
Yep, that's the wreck.

Ok, an echocardiogram showed a bruise on her heart from blunt force trauma, nothing major but it is enough to slow everything down and wait until the morning to try to wake her up. Her vitals are great, her pupils and nervous system are fully functional. Doc says everything looks very positive, just need to be as patient as possible right now. She breathing on top of the ventilater, which means she can breath on her own if they chose to unhook her. Will keep updated after we hear more. Thanks for the prayers.

olevetonahill
4/15/2012, 06:39 PM
Yep, that's the wreck.

Ok, an echocardiogram showed a bruise on her heart from blunt force trauma, nothing major but it is enough to slow everything down and wait until the morning to try to wake her up. Her vitals are great, her pupils and nervous system are fully functional. Doc says everything looks very positive, just need to be as patient as possible right now. She breathing on top of the ventilater, which means she can breath on her own if they chose to unhook her. Will keep updated after we hear more. Thanks for the prayers.

Please do
I cant even imagine the stress Yall are under right now
Prayers to all involved.

OU-HSV
4/15/2012, 06:51 PM
Count me in. Here's to a full recovery for your daughter and the other survivor

yermom
4/15/2012, 07:07 PM
that's awful

sounds like she was one of the lucky ones :(

OUbwig333
4/15/2012, 08:13 PM
I'm in for the prayers, hope your young one makes a full recovery

C&CDean
4/15/2012, 08:39 PM
Been there, done that. Hang tough. Amazing how quickly life can change...

colleyvillesooner
4/15/2012, 08:55 PM
In.

soonerhubs
4/15/2012, 09:32 PM
Prayers sent.

Howzit
4/15/2012, 09:32 PM
This is horrible, thoughts go out to all. Miracles can happen, I saw that recently. Believe your own is going to happen.

olevetonahill
4/15/2012, 09:36 PM
This is horrible, thoughts go out to all. Miracles can happen, I saw that recently. Believe your own is going to happen.

Was thinkin that very thing Bro
Hows Chloe?

BajaOklahoma
4/15/2012, 09:58 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all of you.
The induced coma is a great place for her right now - no pain and it allows the body to heal.

I am so sorry you are going through this. And the other families too.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2012, 10:03 PM
I hate to be the *******, but sometimes I just can't help it.

olevetonahill
4/15/2012, 10:10 PM
I hate to be the *******, but why on earth was she in the car with a 17 year old Mexican?
NO, You revel in it
I was wondering who would be the 1st doosh to say somethin

XFollower
4/15/2012, 10:11 PM
Praying for Christ's healing, comfort, and peace for your family.

3rdgensooner
4/15/2012, 10:14 PM
I hate to be the *******, but why on earth was she in the car with a 17 year old Mexican?Really? Out of all the things you could have said, that's what you chose?

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2012, 10:19 PM
Really? Out of all the things you could have said, that's what you chose?
It isn't all that I said.

StoopTroup
4/15/2012, 10:20 PM
SoonerinAbilene...

So sorry to hear. Whatever the circumstances, not only are you very lucky but I'm sure it's going to be hard to tell her about her friends. The Wife and I will send our prayers to everyone affected. God Bless you all.

Cheerin' 4 OU
4/15/2012, 10:39 PM
Oh SoonerinAbilene, I'm so very sorry. I pray the Lord wraps His loving arms around your daughter and her friends as well as your family and their families.

I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pain you guys are going through and I honestly don't want to because it's breaking my heart. God bless you, and God bless everyone involved.

I will say special prayers tonight for everyone involved in this terrible tragedy.

soonerinabilene
4/15/2012, 10:44 PM
She snuck out after midnight with friends, Froston. They decided to joyride out to the lake at 3 in the morning in the middle of a severe thunderstorm. Yeah, she made a horrible decision. To the parents who tjink their kids are perfect and would never do anything stupid, open your eyes, please. We thought the same thing. Its hard to accept. We are dumbfounded. But kids do stupid **** and we as parents have to deal with it as best as we can.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2012, 10:46 PM
She snuck out after midnight with friends, Froston. They decided to joyride out to the lake at 3 in the morning in the middle of a severe thunderstorm. Yeah, she made a horrible decision. To the parents who tjink their kids are perfect and would never do anything stupid, open your eyes, please. We thought the same thing. Its hard to accept. We are dumbfounded. But kids do stupid **** and we as parents have to deal with it as best as we can.

Aye. Well, as I said elsewhere, I'm very sorry to hear this. Terrible news, but I hope your daughter makes a swift and full recovery.

Boomer.....
4/16/2012, 07:55 AM
Prayers sent.

soonerinabilene
4/16/2012, 08:09 AM
She greeted her new nurse at shift change by waking up through the sedation and pulling her respirator tube out. She is alert, talking a little, but in intense pain. Please continue to pray. Thanks!

olevetonahill
4/16/2012, 08:29 AM
Will do Bro

oudanny
4/16/2012, 09:30 AM
Prayers for all. Amen.

Viking Kitten
4/16/2012, 04:48 PM
As a parent, reading this breaks my heart. I am so sorry for all involved.

soonerinabilene
4/16/2012, 05:29 PM
Neurosurgeon just gave a great report! All the blood on her brain has been absorbed back into her body. She has a major concussion and skull fracture, but no brain trauma and no permanent damage. He cleared her neck to remove the C-Spine. Took the tube out of her stomach. Chest tube should hopefully come out tomorrow. She has a long road ahead of her, but looks like a full recovery for her.

BajaOklahoma
4/16/2012, 05:42 PM
That is such good news! Though as a nurse, I would want to wring her tube-pulling neck (in a nice way, of course).
If you haven't already, start a log of her progress. On days that seem to drag with no progress (and there will be a few), look back to remember how far she has come.

yermom
4/16/2012, 06:23 PM
She greeted her new nurse at shift change by waking up through the sedation and pulling her respirator tube out. She is alert, talking a little, but in intense pain. Please continue to pray. Thanks!

sounds like a fighter :)

rock on sooner
4/16/2012, 08:28 PM
Joining the others, great news. Give her a hug for all of us!!!

olevetonahill
4/16/2012, 08:51 PM
Neurosurgeon just gave a great report! All the blood on her brain has been absorbed back into her body. She has a major concussion and skull fracture, but no brain trauma and no permanent damage. He cleared her neck to remove the C-Spine. Took the tube out of her stomach. Chest tube should hopefully come out tomorrow. She has a long road ahead of her, but looks like a full recovery for her.

Great news Bro

Will pray till the cows come home

Turd_Ferguson
4/16/2012, 08:53 PM
Great news!!

StoopTroup
4/16/2012, 09:11 PM
Awesome Abilene.

MsProudSooner
4/16/2012, 09:14 PM

Long road emotionally and physically. As a parent, I would want to alternate between hugs and grounding her til she's 30.

StoopTroup
4/16/2012, 09:24 PM
I hope SicEm marries a 17 year old Hispanic Girl that goes by like...Betty White. :D ;)

olevetonahill
4/16/2012, 09:24 PM
Long road emotionally and physically. As a parent, I would want to alternate between hugs and grounding her til she's 30.

Leave it alone
Are you sicem ex?

salth2o
4/16/2012, 09:48 PM
Great news. Continued prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

MsProudSooner
4/16/2012, 11:05 PM
Leave it alone
Are you sicem ex?

You could have stopped at "Leave it alone." No need to be insulting.

SicEmBaylor
4/16/2012, 11:54 PM
You could have stopped at "Leave it alone." No need to be insulting.
=(
I'd consider it a compliment...

Blue
4/17/2012, 12:50 AM
Maybe quit joking on this guys prayers thread?

Maybe not?

What does it matter when the same people time after time crap on thread after thread? It kinda makes them all unreal and irrelevant. A character if you will.

I hope your daughter and i pray that your daughter heals Abilene. I Hope certain posters here find a peaceful internet death.

SOONERKAT
4/17/2012, 11:51 AM
SoonerinAbilene...

So sorry to hear. Whatever the circumstances, not only are you very lucky but I'm sure it's going to be hard to tell her about her friends.

This was the first thing I thought of when I read this. Prayers for your daughter's recovery, and for your strength to be able to handle this conversation.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
4/17/2012, 02:31 PM
Best prayers for all!

soonerboomer93
4/17/2012, 04:51 PM
Best wishes, hope she has a quick and full recovery.

soonerinabilene
4/18/2012, 08:27 AM
Still doing pretty good. They took the catheter out this morning. Still has the chest tube, though. apparently she is not taking deep enough breaths and the air sacks in the bottom of her lungs aren't being used. They started respiritory therapy to try and prevent pneumonia from setting in. She is really starting to feel the pain a lot more in between her doses of pain meds. Everything still looks really positivethough. They are considering bringing a physicaltherapist into the room starting today to start moving her arms and legsfor her.

olevetonahill
4/18/2012, 08:30 AM
Still Prayin Bro

Thanks for the update .

pphilfran
4/18/2012, 08:37 AM
Damn...good luck and many prayers to ya!

Flagstaffsooner
4/18/2012, 12:50 PM
Im late on this, but my prayers and love to your family are in.

BajaOklahoma
4/18/2012, 06:03 PM
Ask for the blow bottles or use a balloon to encourage the deep breathing. Coughing and deep breaths hurt, especially with a chest tube in.
Try to get PT scheduled so it is when her pain meds are peaking - she will be able to do more.

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 06:09 PM
Take it day by day.

Lots of prayers coming your way.

Thank you for the update! I hope she begging to get out of the hospital in no time!

soonerinabilene
4/18/2012, 10:36 PM
Well, she was just awake for 15 minutes and I saw her smile and heard her laugh. This dad may actually be able to sleep peacefully tonight. Chest tube us out, oxygen is off, and she drank some fluids. God is amazing with the miracles he can do.

salth2o
4/18/2012, 10:46 PM
awesome!

Howzit
4/18/2012, 11:18 PM
Was thinkin that very thing Bro
Hows Chloe?

Chloe is doing unbelievably well, thanks for asking. She's out of the neck brace, in school, and finishing the semester. It's just incredible how this all transpired and we are so grateful. As bad as the whole situation was, there were many positives, and one was the amount of one on one time she and I got to spend together for the month she was in ICU and rehab. I learned much about the person my daughter has grown to be, and I could not be more proud.

olevetonahill
4/19/2012, 01:14 AM
Chloe is doing unbelievably well, thanks for asking. She's out of the neck brace, in school, and finishing the semester. It's just incredible how this all transpired and we are so grateful. As bad as the whole situation was, there were many positives, and one was the amount of one on one time she and I got to spend together for the month she was in ICU and rehab. I learned much about the person my daughter has grown to be, and I could not be more proud.

Great to hear about em Both

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2012, 03:16 PM
Prayer's to you SiA... Sounds like stupid teen mistake. Get her well, get her home, then ground and punish the heck out of her...;) She will probably thank you after all this...

Fraggle145
4/19/2012, 03:27 PM
Glad to hear both are on the road to recovery.

olevetonahill
4/19/2012, 03:36 PM
Prayer's to you SiA... Sounds like stupid teen mistake. Get her well, get her home, then ground and punish the heck out of her...;) She will probably thank you after all this...

Disagree, she will be punished enough when she finds out about the deaths. She wont need nor deserve any more Guilt piled on .

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2012, 03:41 PM
Disagree, she will be punished enough when she finds out about the deaths. She wont need nor deserve any more Guilt piled on .
^This

The injury alone should be punishment enough let alone the punishment of hearing what happened to her cousins and the others in the car.

rock on sooner
4/19/2012, 08:22 PM

^^^this^^^

She will grow, be a much better informed young person and will make Dad happier and
more proud than he could ever imagine. So happy for you both...Godspeed!

I Am Right
4/19/2012, 08:43 PM
Wow, sorry, Prayers are on the way!!!!!!!!

delhalew
4/19/2012, 11:22 PM
Thank God she pulled through. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

OKC-SLC
4/20/2012, 02:48 AM
Just read the thread for the first time, Abilene. I'm glad to hear things are moving along. Hang in there.

oudavid1
4/20/2012, 08:42 AM
I almost teared up twice during this thread. Miss this place. Praise God.

soonerinabilene
4/20/2012, 04:17 PM
From nonresponsive, critical condition to this in 5 days. God still does miracles. Don't try to tell me otherwise.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/soonerinabilene/IMG955972.jpg[/IMG]

pphilfran
4/20/2012, 04:56 PM
She is a cute little monkey...oh, that is a stuffed toy...

8timechamps
4/20/2012, 06:01 PM
From nonresponsive, critical condition to this in 5 days. God still does miracles. Don't try to tell me otherwise.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/soonerinabilene/IMG955972.jpg[/IMG]

AWESOME!

Life can change so fast, so happy to see her smiling.

4/20/2012, 10:29 PM
True. God bless 'em. Feeling good about these two young people. No kidney required.

soonerinabilene
4/25/2012, 01:46 PM
Bfhj Thank you, everybody, for your continued prayers and support! We have just been released to go home. Please continue to lift us up as she recovers physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually!

BillyBall
4/25/2012, 01:51 PM
I just saw this thread. Congrats Abilene, awesome news.

OULenexaman
4/25/2012, 02:47 PM
She is a cute little monkey...oh, that is a stuffed toy... ahh ya beat me to it.:congratulatory:

olevetonahill
4/25/2012, 02:50 PM
ahh ya beat me to it.:congratulatory:
By 5 Days, Ya aint to swooft are ya.:unconscious:

OULenexaman
4/25/2012, 02:53 PM
I been drunk that long???

olevetonahill
4/25/2012, 03:21 PM
I been drunk that long???

:unconscious: