PDA

View Full Version : Gas Grill Knowledge possessors

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 05:17 PM
Just bot a New propane grill

Can I take the Regulator off the dayum thing and run it direct to my shacks Propane system?

Turd_Ferguson
4/12/2012, 05:34 PM

Can I take the Regulator off the dayum thing and run it direct to my shacks Propane system?Howard, from what I can gather over the innerwebs, just remove the regulator and you also need to bore out the control knob orifices a little larger. That's probably why your flame was so little the last time you tried this.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article18gasgrill.html

C&CDean
4/12/2012, 05:44 PM
Sure if you wanna have Hiroshima on the Hill.

I Am Right
4/12/2012, 05:52 PM

Can I take the Regulator off the dayum thing and run it direct to my shacks Propane system?

Yes, but you then have to buy and hook up with another regulator.

I Am Right
4/12/2012, 05:55 PM
Answer to gas grill question, take grill to a deep ravine and use as erosion control.

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 05:57 PM
Howard, from what I can gather over the innerwebs, just remove the regulator and you also need to bore out the control knob orifices a little larger. That's probably why your flame was so little the last time you tried this.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article18gasgrill.html

Aint switchin to NG
Going propane to Propane

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2012, 06:09 PM
what ya grillin?

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 06:20 PM
what ya grillin?
Nuthin yet
Aint got the dayum thing werkin

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 06:38 PM
Ima worry bout it tomorrow
Have 3 5 gal. bottles Ive just had filled and cant get any gas out of them
Thinkin the Gas place screwed em up some how.

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:07 PM
Sure if you wanna have Hiroshima on the Hill.

North Korean Rocket Test? ROTF

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/media/ALeqM5gVKF8aIhUM19EFDjW6VxpOL0arzw?docId=photo_133 4279590118-1-0&size=s2

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:10 PM
Ima worry bout it tomorrow
Have 3 5 gal. bottles Ive just had filled and cant get any gas out of them
Thinkin the Gas place screwed em up some how.

Did you turn the little screw on the neck of the bottle a bit to see if it would let some propane out? It's the one they use to fill the bottles and relieve pressure before they remove the fill line to the bottle.

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 10:17 PM
Did you turn the little screw on the neck of the bottle a bit to see if it would let some propane out? It's the one they use to fill the bottles and relieve pressure before they remove the fill line to the bottle. Ima wonderin if they coulda shut it off that way? HMMM Ima take em back I really want to just hook up to the shack supply if i can .

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:20 PM
Ima wonderin if they coulda shut it off that way? HMMM Ima take em back I really want to just hook up to the shack supply if i can .

I doubt it but they might not have filled it or turned it off and the propane might have leaked out. Do they all feel the same weight? I bet they screwed up filling them.

It's that little screw right under the silver handle on the neck of this one.

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/propane tank/security screw.jpg

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 10:22 PM
They DEf. Full

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:28 PM
This is a pretty good link to troubleshooting it.

Those new OPD Valves are kind of querky IMO.

http://barbequelovers.com/grills/caring-for-your-bbq/troubleshooting-low-flame-output-on-your-barbeque-grill

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:32 PM
I had to replace the regulator on mine this year. It was definitely not letting enough propane out. I think the Wife unhooked the bottle at the end of the year instead of keeping it attached to the bottle and a spider or spek of dust got in it and clogged it.

Since yours is new...I wouldn't think it was bad but you might unhook the line from the regulator to the grill and check to see if propane is coming out. There just isn't that much that can go wrong from the connection of the line out to the grill burners.

olevetonahill
4/13/2012, 10:19 AM
Ok, Just talked to the Man who Does all of Amerigas repairs and stuff
He said It should all work on the same pressure so I should have No Prob
Will do it to day and Report back if I aint in the Hospital

pphilfran
4/13/2012, 10:22 AM
I did something similar several years ago...can't remember exactly what I was doing but I ended up with a one billion BTU cook stove that shot flames 6ft into the air...

olevetonahill
4/13/2012, 10:23 AM
I did something similar several years ago...can't remember exactly what I was doing but I ended up with a one billion BTU cook stove that shot flames 6ft into the air...

Dumas :adoration:

pphilfran
4/13/2012, 10:24 AM
Dumas :adoration:

No chit!

olevetonahill
4/13/2012, 10:35 AM
No chit!
Was ya hookin up to Natural Gas?

pphilfran
4/13/2012, 10:44 AM
Was ya hookin up to Natural Gas?

I can't remember what I was doing, but it wasn't going to natural gas....

I think disaster happened because I was using a low pressure device with a high pressure regulator...hell, I'm old and can't remember...

olevetonahill
4/13/2012, 10:48 AM
:congratulatory:

OULenexaman
4/13/2012, 11:27 AM
I can't remember what I was doing, but it wasn't going to natural gas....

I think disaster happened because I was using a low pressure device with a high pressure regulator...hell, I'm old and can't remember...Do you still have yer hair?

pphilfran
4/13/2012, 11:41 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/116-1.jpg

OULenexaman
4/13/2012, 11:59 AM
didn't burn it all off anyway.....maybe if ya rubbed a little OVJ on it it would all grow back.

olevetonahill
4/13/2012, 03:50 PM
Got off my lazyass and unloaded the Grill awhile ago. Did a bit of readin then decided to give one of those 5 gal Bottles another chance
werks perfect with the new Grill

Got all the Burners going on High to get rid of that New burnin smell

Gonna use up these 3 bottles Maybe be empty in 2 er 3 years :adoration:

Then Ill try to hook up to the house system