PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman to be charged this evening

Pages : [1] 2

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 03:00 PM
No word yet on exact charges But that Special Prosecutor Yainch is holdin her a News conference this evening at 6

Prolly going to be several charges
Being 1/2 White will be the main one .

http://news.yahoo.com/official-charges-coming-trayvon-martin-death-184138994.html

pphilfran
4/11/2012, 03:03 PM
No word yet on exact charges But that Special Prosecutor Yainch is holdin her a News conference this evening at 6

Prolly going to be several charges
Being 1/2 White will be the main one .

http://news.yahoo.com/official-charges-coming-trayvon-martin-death-184138994.html

lol

rock on sooner
4/11/2012, 03:05 PM
Be interested to see how many cops in riot gear are visible...since they've
already shot up a cop car...

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 03:06 PM
Wonder if his lawyers will be back on the case ?

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 03:23 PM
If the State dont get him the Feds will, He dont stand a chance, To much Political/Racist BS has been spewed.

The News still insist on showing Pics of Martin when he was 12 er somepun .

http://news.yahoo.com/ag-vows-thorough-review-trayvon-martin-case-134923315.html

C&CDean
4/11/2012, 03:26 PM
I wonder why they don't show the picture of a 12 year old Charles Manson when they talk about him on the news?

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 03:28 PM
I wonder why they don't show the picture of a 12 year old Charles Manson when they talk about him on the news?
It dont promote their agenda Bro

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 04:44 PM
Hes 'In custody and charged with 2nd degree murder "
Breaking News:
Official: Zimmerman is in custody and will be charged with 2nd-degree murder

okie52
4/11/2012, 04:49 PM
Hes 'In custody and charged with 2nd degree murder "
Breaking News:
Official: Zimmerman is in custody and will be charged with 2nd-degree murder

Six month deferred sentence?

Frozen Sooner
4/11/2012, 04:51 PM

Someone killed Charles Manson? Who knew?

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 04:53 PM
Six month deferred sentence?

Watch the riots if and when that happens

okie52
4/11/2012, 05:07 PM
Watch the riots if and when that happens

Please let it happen close to November.

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 05:09 PM
Please let it happen close to November.

Just watched a few minutes of the presser
That Yainch has him tried and convicted already

Sooner5030
4/11/2012, 05:37 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not his alleged nose injury was ever corroborated by anyone?

This will be a hard case.....out of 12 jurors it will be easy to find some that will view the evidence as lacking and will not vote guilty.

It sucks and something sounds fishy but I am not sure what evidence is available to prove he shot him for anything other than self defense.

/haven't kept up with the story

Turd_Ferguson
4/11/2012, 05:42 PM
They may well have some evidence to charge him, but I'm betting this is more of a dog-n-pony show than anything else...

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 06:05 PM
They may well have some evidence to charge him, but I'm betting this is more of a dog-n-pony show than anything else...
If he indeed did Kill him in the way hes accused then hang him and Hang him High
But I tend to agree with you . This stated out as a media Race circus

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 06:07 PM
Hear the words Of that Voice of reason Iron Mike

Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html

8timechamps
4/11/2012, 06:29 PM
It's going to be next to impossible for the court to seat 12 jurors that haven't heard about the case and formed some kind of opinion. It will be interesting to see how the DA's office presents it's case. I haven't really followed the story, so I'll have to read up on what was purported to have happened.

cleller
4/11/2012, 06:29 PM
The fact that he was charged with 2nd degree murder over manslaughter illustrates how badly the DA is caving to the pressure of the loudest interest group.
In Florida, 2nd degree murder is characterized this way: (copy/paste)

The crime of Second Degree Murder occurs when a person commits either Murder with a Depraved Mind, ‘Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life’

After listening to the tapes of Zimmerman calling 911, would you feel this represents the man you heard calling 911?

cccasooner2
4/11/2012, 07:15 PM
What does Nancy Grace have to say about this? I value her opinion above all others. <winky>

Frozen Sooner
4/11/2012, 07:20 PM
The fact that he was charged with 2nd degree murder over manslaughter illustrates how badly the DA is caving to the pressure of the loudest interest group.

The crime of Second Degree Murder occurs when a person commits either Murder with a Depraved Mind, ‘Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life’

After listening to the tapes of Zimmerman calling 911, would you feel this represents the man you heard calling 911?

DAs overcharge all the time, man. Gets 'em plea bargains.*

Manslaughter's a lesser included. They can still convict on that even if the acquit on M2.

*-I'm not defending the practice of overcharging, and personally think it's unethical as hell to charge something you don't think you can prove, but that's the system.

virginiasooner
4/11/2012, 07:26 PM
They want Zimmerman to plead, so this doesn't go before a jury.

jkjsooner
4/11/2012, 07:29 PM
Just watched a few minutes of the presser
That Yainch has him tried and convicted already

Yes, because prosecutors are generally indecisive when pressing charges.

jkjsooner
4/11/2012, 07:36 PM

Manslaughter's a lesser included. They can still convict on that even if the acquit on M2.

*-I'm not defending the practice of overcharging, and personally think it's unethical as hell to charge something you don't think you can prove, but that's the system.

I think some prosecutors go so far as to present charges that not only can't be proven but they don't personally feel is appropriate.

C&CDean
4/11/2012, 07:53 PM

Could you imagine the outrage...the incensed faux gnashing of teeth...the utter and total implosion/explosion of everyone's being/sanity/reason/world if this was a black boy who killed a white boy...wait...oh nevermind...

It's official. The entire country is racist. Racist as hell. If Zimmerman was black, we wouldn't be hearing a word of this and everyone knows it. He's only half white and it's front-page bird cage material. Sometimes I hate America. Seriously.

C&CDean
4/11/2012, 07:55 PM
OK. Not America. Just the liberal ****ing goo gobblers who call themselves the "media." Them, and the liberal ****ing goo gobblers who follow their every word like it's Jesus H. Christ preaching on the Mount. Meh. Cubed.

Midtowner
4/11/2012, 08:04 PM
I'll wait 'til the trial. I haven't seen enough in the media yet to prove this wasn't self defense. That's the state's burden. If they have something, we'll all get to see it. Thus far, if it's just Zimmerman's word versus the D.A.'s circumstantial assumptions, I don't see 'em getting a conviction.

pphilfran
4/11/2012, 08:07 PM
I'll wait 'til the trial. I haven't seen enough in the media yet to prove this wasn't self defense. That's the state's burden. If they have something, we'll all get to see it. Thus far, if it's just Zimmerman's word versus the D.A.'s circumstantial assumptions, I don't see 'em getting a conviction.

They don't have to convict to 2nd degree do they? The jury could go for manslaughter, correct?

pphilfran
4/11/2012, 08:08 PM
Oops, missed Frozen's reply...

Midtowner
4/11/2012, 08:09 PM
They don't have to convict to 2nd degree do they? The jury could go for manslaughter, correct?

Sure, but unless the state can prove that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self-defense, it doesn't make it that far. I've seen at best evidence which points in either direction. That shouldn't be enough, but it sometimes is. We'll see.

soonerboomer93
4/11/2012, 08:11 PM
If he indeed did Kill him in the way hes accused then hang him and Hang him High

I agree it started out that way. However, after listening to the 911 call (by the lady where you can hear someone begging for help) that made me think it definitely needed looking into.

Did you hear the other 911 call? The one where you hear the gun shot?

pphilfran
4/11/2012, 08:13 PM
Sure, but unless the state can prove that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self-defense, it doesn't make it that far. I've seen at best evidence which points in either direction. That shouldn't be enough, but it sometimes is. We'll see.

I understand...

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 08:34 PM
Yes, because prosecutors are generally indecisive when pressing charges.

I think some prosecutors go so far as to present charges that not only can't be proven but they don't personally feel is appropriate.

Do you read what you post?

Which is it here?

cleller
4/11/2012, 08:40 PM
So will the jury be considering what happened between Zimmerman and Martin, or what may happen if they don't convict him or murder?

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 08:44 PM
So will the jury be considering what happened between Zimmerman and Martin, or what may happen if they don't convict him or murder?

Depends on if they have any balls

jkjsooner
4/11/2012, 09:19 PM
Do you read what you post?

Which is it here?

Ain't nothing contradictory in what I posted. Prosecutors always present the case as if the charged is clearly guilty with no doubt. The fact that a prosecutor makes statements that would lead you to say she's already had him "tried and convicted" is nothing abnormal.

Does all of that mean that I agree with everything prosecutors do? Heck no. My response to Froze wasn't even related to the Zimmerman/Martin case.

For that matter, Froze didn't even say anything about the Zimmerman/Martin case in the post I quoted.

olevetonahill
4/11/2012, 09:28 PM
Ain't nothing contradictory in what I posted. Prosecutors always present the case as if the charged is clearly guilty with no doubt. The fact that a prosecutor makes statements that would lead you to say she's already had him "tried and convicted" is nothing abnormal.

Does all of that mean that I agree with everything prosecutors do? Heck no. My response to Froze wasn't even related to the Zimmerman/Martin case.

For that matter, Froze didn't even say anything about the Zimmerman/Martin case in the post I quoted.

What ev dude . Its all in the same thread which would lead a "NORMAL" person to conclude that you were discussing the Z/M case

Carry on

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2012, 09:46 PM
a GOOD defense attorney can beat this

self defense has a measure of subjectivity - and if argued right - can be enough for reasonable doubt

i wonder what the demographics are of a normal jury pool are where he lives

Frozen Sooner
4/11/2012, 09:47 PM

Well, if they bring a case which they don't subjectively believe they at least have probable cause on, that actually IS an ethical violation, beyond just what I feel.

The problem, of course, is proving subjective belief (prosecutors rarely leave notes around saying "I think he's innocent") and that probable cause is a pretty low burden.

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/12/2012, 01:34 AM
Acquittal, or maybe plead a lesser charge. Really tired of these sensationalized trials in Florida

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2012, 02:20 AM
As things stand now, I don't see a jury convicting him for murder.

lexsooner
4/12/2012, 08:10 AM
As things stand now, I don't see a jury convicting him for murder.

No, probably not. The DA initially had declined prosecution, presumably because the evidence just was not there. This time around, I could see, at most, a conviction for a lesser crime, such as involuntary manslaughter. The state would love for Zimmerman to plead out, but I don't see that happening. He strikes me as a rather self-righteous type who will go to trial on this rather than take a plea. Obviously, we don't have all the facts, but it seems like what we have is the following: Martin was a young punk, not a good character and probably a hot head, but he was just walking through the neighborhood and did not do anything wrong, at least not until his interaction with Zimmerman, who was a nervous, ill-tempered type. Zimmerman strikes me as a self-styled Dudley Do Right, not very bright and not tough at all, basically a coward who was empowered only by the gun he packed. If you notice, he was nervous and his voice was shaking and he was agitated in the call to the dispatcher, and this was well before he interacted with Martin. Zimmerman showed poor judgment by continuing to follow Martin, even though the dispatcher advised him not to do so. Martin probably noticed Zimmerman and a verbal confrontation occurred which escalated into a fist fight. After that, it is awfully murky and I am not sure any of the witnesses are helpful. I can see Martin, who was tall and slender, getting the better of Zimmerman. It was not a good combination: a hot-headed punk and a hot-headed coward with a gun.

Turd_Ferguson
4/12/2012, 08:22 AM
No, probably not. The DA initially had declined prosecution, presumably because the evidence just was not there. This time around, I could see, at most, a conviction for a lesser crime, such as involuntary manslaughter. The state would love for Zimmerman to plead out, but I don't see that happening. He strikes me as a rather self-righteous type who will go to trial on this rather than take a plea. Obviously, we don't have all the facts, but it seems like what we have is the following: Martin was a young punk, not a good character and probably a hot head, but he was just walking through the neighborhood and did not do anything wrong, at least not until his interaction with Zimmerman, who was a nervous, ill-tempered type. Zimmerman strikes me as a self-styled Dudley Do Right, not very bright and not tough at all, basically a coward who was empowered only by the gun he packed. If you notice, he was nervous and his voice was shaking and he was agitated in the call to the dispatcher, and this was well before he interacted with Martin. Zimmerman showed poor judgment by continuing to follow Martin, even though the dispatcher advised him not to do so. Martin probably noticed Zimmerman and a verbal confrontation occurred which escalated into a fist fight. After that, it is awfully murky and I am not sure any of the witnesses are helpful. I can see Martin, who was tall and slender, getting the better of Zimmerman. It was not a good combination: a hot-headed punk and a hot-headed coward with a gun.Wow. Seems as though you've known Zimmerman for a long time since you have all this knowledge of him...A coward? Shaking voice? Remember the so called "****ing coon" that got changed to "****ing cold"? I'm glad you have it all figured out...good jorb.

OULenexaman
4/12/2012, 08:23 AM
after watching some of the presser last night......and listening to what was nothing more than a big political grandstanding for this Corey wanna be Governor yanich.....and using this platform to suck in every black voter in Florida for what ever she does decide to run for in the future.....it almost made my beer taste bad. I really needed some painkillers to go with it. The fuse has been lit.

XingTheRubicon
4/12/2012, 08:37 AM
with no eye witness, seemingly the only way to win this for the prosecution is jury selection

however, if the defense attorney can fog a mirror...

olevetonahill
4/12/2012, 08:41 AM
A State that lets a Baby killer go WILL convict this dude

2 reasons
#1 they skeered of the Potential riots and ****
#2 They gonna try to make up for their screw up in that Baby killin case .

No It aint Justice and No it aint the Law
But Ill bet even money on it .

Frozen Sooner
4/12/2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS371331303320120412

Good writeup of the charges and the jury instructions for M2 in Florida.

This is also the point where EVERYONE should say "let the courts do their work."

LiveLaughLove
4/12/2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS371331303320120412

Good writeup of the charges and the jury instructions for M2 in Florida.

This is also the point where EVERYONE should say "let the courts do their work."

It's waaaayyy beyond just letting the courts do their work. I was all for that, but then the media started conflating and exaggerating and turned it in to OJ Part II. Now the guy is almost assuredly screwed. The black community wants blood and they are determined to get it. Even if he is not convicted, I predict he will be assassinated on the streets.

If he gets a mostly black jury he stands zero chance. It is OJ in reverse.

I've said from day 1 I think he is probably, and I mean only probably, guilty of some sort of manslaughter. He has a life sentence already, regardless of the outcome.

jkjsooner
4/12/2012, 10:32 AM
Well, if they bring a case which they don't subjectively believe they at least have probable cause on, that actually IS an ethical violation, beyond just what I feel.

The problem, of course, is proving subjective belief (prosecutors rarely leave notes around saying "I think he's innocent") and that probable cause is a pretty low burden.

Right. And I'm not saying that the prosecutor necessarily feels that the person is innocent although it appears that some are so full of pride as to refuse to admit a mistake even when it becomes obvious.

Anyway, I was talking more along the lines of them thinking someone is guilty but choosing a more severe crime that they don't think is relevant just to see if they can get the accused agree to a plea bargain.

Then you have prosecutors who use a statute in a way it was never intended to be used and they know darn well it was never intended to be used the way they use it.

jkjsooner
4/12/2012, 10:35 AM
I've said from day 1 I think he is probably, and I mean only probably, guilty of some sort of manslaughter. He has a life sentence already, regardless of the outcome.

I have not been a fan of Zimmerman but I do agree with you here. Whether legally innocent or not, I think he was very negligent, played a role in starting the conflict, and ended the conflict in a way that was unnecessary especially considering his role in starting the conflict in the first place. (He wasn't randomly attacked in an alley.) That being said, Zimmerman did not want to kill Martin and and a lifetime in jail would be extremely excessive.

Frozen Sooner
4/12/2012, 10:41 AM
Don't need an intent to kill for M2 in Florida. Read the statute and jury instructions.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2012, 11:06 AM

Probably guilty is not sufficient for a conviction, if the jury does it right.

I don't know how jury selection works in Florida for a murder charge, but I would be surprised if the prosecution can stack the jury 12 - 0 in this type of case. Those personalities that the prosectution might normally favor in jury selection may be the same type that would be sympathic toward Zimmerman.

LiveLaughLove
4/12/2012, 11:22 AM
Eric Holder told Sharpton that he is working on the case. Translation: Regardless of if Florida convicts him or not, the Feds will, so relax.

I'm telling you, this guy is a walking dead man, figuratively and unfortunately, probably literally.

OU68
4/12/2012, 11:26 AM
Eric Holder told Sharpton that he is working on the case. Translation: Regardless of if Florida convicts him or not, the Feds will, so relax.

I'm telling you, this guy is a walking dead man, figuratively and unfortunately, probably literally.

Holders gotta love this - between Trayvon and Jesse & Al showing up in Tulsa, he's hoping everyone forgets about Brian Terry.

OULenexaman
4/12/2012, 12:57 PM
So they put off his arraignment now until May 29th....they are gonna kill him right there in jail.

OhU1
4/12/2012, 06:58 PM
When are they going to drop the 6th grade photo of Martin? Next thing you know we're going to hear he's an "honor student" (like the black kid in the "Bonfire of the Vanities"). Most people's initial impressions of this case, including mine, was that a "white guy" shot this 12 year old "Cosby kid" minding his own business. Thus the overkill of emotion and hype surrounding this tragic but banal case.

Bottom line - it appears to me that Zimmerman shot a wanna be thug because he was afraid to get his *** kicked. The use of deadly force was likely going too far. This is a tragic waste of two lives primarily due to the poor judgment of Zimmerman.

LiveLaughLove
4/12/2012, 07:29 PM
When are they going to drop the 6th grade photo of Martin? Next thing you know we're going to hear he's an "honor student" (like the black kid in the "Bonfire of the Vanities"). Most people's initial impressions of this case, including mine, was that a "white guy" shot this 12 year old "Cosby kid" minding his own business. Thus the overkill of emotion and hype surrounding this tragic but banal case.

Bottom line - it appears to me that Zimmerman shot a wanna be thug because he was afraid to get his *** kicked. The use of deadly force was likely going too far. This is a tragic waste of two lives primarily due to the poor judgment of Zimmerman.

Agree with your assessment.

The question is, why did the media portray it that way? For ratings? For political agenda? Both?

If someone gets killed (two white people have already been beaten in Trayvon's name) will the media have blood on it's hands?

Frozen Sooner
4/12/2012, 09:58 PM
You may want to correct the spelling of Justice Holmes' name. Unless that's a different Oliver Wendell Holmes who spells his name differently. In which case, never mind.

OU_Sooners75
4/12/2012, 10:30 PM
Seems to me just a ploy to get the family what they wanted.

Zimmerman, IMO, is not guilty of murder.

OU_Sooners75
4/12/2012, 10:34 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not his alleged nose injury was ever corroborated by anyone?

This will be a hard case.....out of 12 jurors it will be easy to find some that will view the evidence as lacking and will not vote guilty.

It sucks and something sounds fishy but I am not sure what evidence is available to prove he shot him for anything other than self defense.

Considering the news (CNN and Fox) has stated that his injuries are in the police reports and he was treated for them at the scene...I have little doubt that they are not in fact real or not legit.

Ton Loc
4/12/2012, 10:38 PM
Two lives wasted out of fear. The media is so full of crap they'll twist and stretch any story if they think it will equal ratings/$$$. Zimmerman is guilty of something. I'm not entirely sure its much more than being scared and an idiot leading to an extremely poor decision. Sucks for him and the kid.

OU_Sooners75
4/12/2012, 10:45 PM
Acquittal, or maybe plead a lesser charge. Really tired of these sensationalized trials in Florida
You do know the reasoning right?

Florida is one of just a few states that give the media and public access to trials. So when something like this happens, it will always get over sensationalized in Florida.

LiveLaughLove
4/13/2012, 12:09 AM
You may want to correct the spelling of Justice Holmes' name. Unless that's a different Oliver Wendell Holmes who spells his name differently. In which case, never mind.

Yeah thanks. Actually saw I misspelled it a few days ago and meant to correct it, but forgot about it. Will do it in a bit.

Frozen Sooner
4/13/2012, 09:24 AM
All good. Hopefully that didn't come across jerky.

OU68
4/13/2012, 09:34 AM
Two lives wasted out of fear. The media is so full of crap they'll twist and stretch any story if they think it will equal ratings/$$$. Zimmerman is guilty of something. I'm not entirely sure its much more than being scared and an idiot leading to an extremely poor decision. Sucks for him and the kid.

THIS ^^^^ +1 , yesterday NBC was still showing the baby-faced picture of Trayvon, give me a friggin break!

yermom
4/13/2012, 10:28 AM

if he was bashing his head into the sidewalk, i don't think he had much of a choice at that point

but yeah, i don't think he should have been there in the first place

sooneron
4/13/2012, 10:53 PM
I have yet to see anything that resembled Zimmerman looking like his head was bashed into a curb by a skinny black dude. Face it, the Barney Fife hassled the kid and the kid shoved back and eventually got shot. Fife was wrong and he should not have been packing...

okie52
4/14/2012, 11:13 AM
I have yet to see anything that resembled Zimmerman looking like his head was bashed into a curb by a skinny black dude. Face it, the Barney Fife hassled the kid and the kid shoved back and eventually got shot. Fife was wrong and he should not have been packing...

You should provide your conclusive proof to the DA, they seem to be running a little short in that area.

sappstuf
4/20/2012, 11:28 AM
I'm curious as to whether or not his alleged nose injury was ever corroborated by anyone? This will be a hard case.....out of 12 jurors it will be easy to find some that will view the evidence as lacking and will not vote guilty.

Not sure about the nose, but the back of his head...

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/04/20/news/web_photos/ht_george_zimmerman_head_dm_120419_wmain082734--525x275.jpg

okie52
4/20/2012, 11:31 AM
Not sure about the nose, but the back of his head...

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/04/20/news/web_photos/ht_george_zimmerman_head_dm_120419_wmain082734--525x275.jpg

I think the defense produced medical evidence this morning of the broken nose.

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 11:37 AM
They can't show that!!!! Only pictures of an innocent black 12 year old are allowed. How could NBC ever allow ABC to show something like that!!! It could taint the jury pool.

KABOOKIE
4/20/2012, 12:05 PM
Trayvon ran away. For some reason he came back and decided beating someone that was just curious as to their intentions was "doin the right thang". :rolleyes: Don't bring a bag of skittles to a gun fight.

That being said I think you'll also find later in the case that the reason Z was following this pothead punk thug was because he spotted him snooping into people's parked cars and NOT because he was black. The media just wants you to believe that. Race only came up in the 911 call because the operator asked.

jumperstop
4/20/2012, 12:21 PM
Trayvon ran away. For some reason he came back and decided beating someone that was just curious as to their intentions was "doin the right thang". :rolleyes: Don't bring a bag of skittles to a gun fight.

That being said I think you'll also find later in the case that the reason Z was following this pothead punk thug was because he spotted him snooping into people's parked cars and NOT because he was black. The media just wants you to believe that. Race only came up in the 911 call because the operator asked.

That seems like something that will never be proven. All I know is dude was playing the authority when he shouldn't have been. Was Martin a deviant teen, maybe. Did he deserved to be followed probably not. Zimmerman had every right to defend himself, even to the point of having to kill the kid if the picture up there is truely him. But he has the same right to defend himself when threatened as Zimmerman did. If someone was following me, I would feel threatened for my safety. I understand race **** is always a big issue, but why can't people see this for what it is. Two people who made dumb decisions, Zimmerman by follow the dude and Martin by confronting the guy following him. I do feel like Zimmerman should face some sort of punishment, but to what extent who can say. Hell maybe the media circus and the **** he'll have to deal with for the rest of his life will be punishment enough.

OULenexaman
4/20/2012, 01:18 PM
Hell maybe the media circus and the **** he'll have to deal with for the rest of his life will be punishment enough. Yep.....life in a prison without walls.

C&CDean
4/20/2012, 01:23 PM
Yep.....life in a prison without walls.

Nah. Once this stupidity blows over, the faggoty white apologists and the ignorant embarrassments like the Reverends et.al. will be barking up another tree searching in desperation for another act of white on black racism. And the media and the faggoty dickwads will suck it up like Linda Lovelace on Johnny Wad Holmes. Ain't that right sooneron?

Turd_Ferguson
4/20/2012, 02:22 PM
Do you have any evidence to date who initiated the fight...No. LMAO

Do you have any evidence to date Zimmerman continued following Travon after being told "we don't need you to do that"...No. LMAO

hawaii 5-0
4/21/2012, 02:59 AM
Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman didn't profile, stalk and kill Travon in cold blood and then bang his own head on the sidewalk when he realized what a dolt he was to kill an unarmed teenager?

5-0

sappstuf
4/21/2012, 04:30 AM
Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman didn't profile, stalk and kill Travon in cold blood and then bang his own head on the sidewalk when he realized what a dolt he was to kill an unarmed teenager?

5-0

https://whyweprotest.net/asset-proxy/1b1bb91bef38c6c63a1eaded7305a810bb858f78/687474703a2f2f7777772e7468656c6f73746f676c652e636f 6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f32303130 2f30332f74696e2d666f696c2d6861742d332e6a7067/http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

diverdog
4/21/2012, 06:34 AM
I think the bottom line is that had Zimmerman not got out of his car Travon would be alive and Zimmerman would be free. We will never know the truth of this story and from everything I read neither kid is a saint. This is a bad situation all around and reflects how dysfunctional our society has become. There are times I am embarrassed to be an American and this is one of those times. We are an incredibly violent society and we need to find a way to get back to some sense of civility.

hawaii 5-0
4/21/2012, 12:59 PM
I think the bottom line is that had Zimmerman not got out of his car Travon would be alive and Zimmerman would be free. We will never know the truth of this story and from everything I read neither kid is a saint. This is a bad situation all around and reflects how dysfunctional our society has become. There are times I am embarrassed to be an American and this is one of those times. We are an incredibly violent society and we need to find a way to get back to some sense of civility.

Do you have any evidence to date that Zimmerman shot Travon only because Travon turned down a sidewalk and Zimmerman couldn't run him down with his SUV?

5-0

diverdog
4/21/2012, 01:45 PM
Do you have any evidence to date that Zimmerman shot Travon only because Travon turned down a sidewalk and Zimmerman couldn't run him down with his SUV?

5-0

How did you get that out of my post?

hawaii 5-0
4/21/2012, 01:53 PM
How did you get that out of my post?

Creative writing. People assume Traylon would still be alive if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck. Who's to know that Zimmerman never meant to run him over and save his ammo?

Actually I'm poking Turd for his continued request for evidence.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/21/2012, 02:12 PM
Creative writing. People assume Traylon would still be alive if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck. Who's to know that Zimmerman never meant to run him over and save his ammo?

Actually I'm poking Turd for his continued request for evidence.

5-0
So yer just poking **** cause ya full of it?

hawaii 5-0
4/21/2012, 02:24 PM
So yer just poking **** cause ya full of it?

I'm poking **** because it's easy, fun and I had a few minutes before going to the store.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/21/2012, 02:29 PM
I'm poking **** because it's easy, fun and I had a few minutes before going to the store.

5-0

I see, Carry on.

okie52
4/22/2012, 04:20 AM

5-0

Were you going to buy a hoodie and some skittles?

okie52
4/22/2012, 08:43 AM
Has the Florida DAs office been getting help from Michael Nifong?

REDREX
4/22/2012, 10:44 AM
Zimmerman is Little---He does not look like a tough guy

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 11:11 AM
Zimmerman is Little---He does not look like a tough guyZ is 5'9" and weighs around 150 -160

Martin was 6' and around 200
Z had a Bloody backside of his head.
Now I aint no Investigator but It aint to hard for me to figure out what happened

okie52
4/22/2012, 11:15 AM
Z is 5'9" and weighs around 150 -160

Martin was 6' and around 200
Z had a Bloody backside of his head.
Now I aint no Investigator but It aint to hard for me to figure out what happened

Those descriptions sure don't match what was being reported initially.

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 11:18 AM
Well hell no , That wouldnt make for Exciting News story's
Ya dont hear much about this Eyewitness either do ya ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7C6tnIShQ

okie52
4/22/2012, 11:25 AM
Well hell no , That wouldnt make for Exciting News story's
Ya dont hear much about this Eyewitness either do ya ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7C6tnIShQ

Isnt that the witness that's mother said he was coerced....of course it later turned out the the investigator was trying to get the witness to incriminate zim.

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 11:29 AM
Isnt that the witness that's mother said he was coerced....of course it later turned out the the investigator was trying to get the witness to incriminate zim.

Dont know about that But it sure dint sound like he was coerced to me

sappstuf
4/22/2012, 11:29 AM

Reality doesn't really match what was being reported initially...

Turd_Ferguson
4/22/2012, 02:12 PM
I'm wondering where 5-0 and and all of his ilk are now. Wonder if they still think Zimmerman is a racist, coon call'n, disregard'n the 911 dispatch, gun toat'n murderer? Or, did they finally realize that no matter how bad they wanted race to play a huge part in this....It didn't. Better luck next time I guess...

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 02:24 PM
I'm wondering where 5-0 and and all of his ilk are now. Wonder if they still think Zimmerman is a racist, coon call'n, disregard'n the 911 dispatch, gun toat'n murderer? Or, did they finally realize that no matter how bad they wanted race to play a huge part in this....It didn't. Better luck next time I guess...

They following Al and Jesse to the Next rally

hawaii 5-0
4/22/2012, 06:54 PM

I don't think it was murder in the 2nd. I do think it was manslaughter.

It's what I thought all along. I still think it's manslaughter.

The package is too neatly wrapped, especially with the retired father judge giving his account of what happened.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/22/2012, 08:00 PM
I don't think it was murder in the 2nd. I do think it was manslaughter.

It's what I thought all along. I still think it's manslaughter.

The package is too neatly wrapped, especially with the retired father judge giving his account of what happened.

5-0

Still think it's a hate crime do ya?

So when does ****ing coon not mean ****ing coon???

I'm not counting when some raccoon sneaks onto your back porch and steals the fish you just caught.

Spin and deflect away !!!!

I think this was a hate crime, pure and simple.

5-0 What a jackass...

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 08:13 PM

What a jackass...

Busted . LOL

hawaii 5-0
4/22/2012, 09:41 PM

What a jackass...

I'll hold further judgment until the official CSI tape is played. Anyone can make what they want to from sound editing as we've found out. Since the FBI is involved as to a possible hate crime I'll also wait to see what they think rather than go by your opinion. I'm sure the official 911 tape will be played and both sides will call their experts to determine what was said. I doubt CNN's or Fox's version will be allowed, unless you're that gullible.

Care to expound on who 'they' are when he said, "They always get away" ? Or do you think Zimmerman said, "Anchors aweigh" instead? Or maybe he said, "Have a nice day." Or maybe he said, "He's got a Milky Way."

Right now, you've convinced me of nothing.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 09:50 PM
I'll hold further judgment until the official CSI tape is played. Anyone can make what they want to from sound editing as we've found out. Since the FBI is involved as to a possible hate crime I'll also wait to see what they think rather than go by your opinion. I'm sure the official 911 tape will be played and both sides will call their experts to determine what was said. I doubt CNN's or Fox's version will be allowed, unless you're that gullible.

Care to expound on who 'they' are when he said, "They always get away" ? Or do you think Zimmerman said, "Anchors aweigh" instead? Or maybe he said, "Have a nice day." Or maybe he said, "He's got a Milky Way."

5-0

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

I'm not counting when some raccoon sneaks onto your back porch and steals the fish you just caught.

5-0

You go girl.

Midtowner
4/22/2012, 10:38 PM
Wow.. ya'll have your minds all made up. Right now, is he guilty? Nope. Presumed innocent until the state can prove otherwise. So right now, I'll just assume the guy didn't do it until I've seen enough evidence to prove otherwise. At this point, I've seen the photos which definitely corroborate his statement to the police. As far as what certain witnesses are saying, there's a bounty out on Zimmerman right now. If a witness had exculpatory evidence, they'd probably fear for their lives to air it in the media, and rightly so. As fare as any incriminating witnesses, there's such an emotional thing going on with this case that I don't think it's too far fetched to think that some of the witnesses might lie just to assure a conviction.

sappstuf
4/23/2012, 12:09 AM

What a jackass...

Ouch.

okie52
4/23/2012, 03:42 AM
Wow.. ya'll have your minds all made up. Right now, is he guilty? Nope. Presumed innocent until the state can prove otherwise. So right now, I'll just assume the guy didn't do it until I've seen enough evidence to prove otherwise. At this point, I've seen the photos which definitely corroborate his statement to the police. As far as what certain witnesses are saying, there's a bounty out on Zimmerman right now. If a witness had exculpatory evidence, they'd probably fear for their lives to air it in the media, and rightly so. As fare as any incriminating witnesses, there's such an emotional thing going on with this case that I don't think it's too far fetched to think that some of the witnesses might lie just to assure a conviction.

In case you haven't noticed one of hawaii's finest is on this case and he hasn't been wrong yet.

Turd_Ferguson
4/23/2012, 05:05 AM

5-0Wow. So you'll hold any further judgement after you've already labeled him a racist...that's nice.

Expound on 'they'? Are you ****ing kidding me? Sounds to me like 'they', are the 'thieves' that always get away, but I'm sure in your mind that what he really said was, "The ******s always get away". Right, 5-0?

hawaii 5-0
4/23/2012, 01:52 PM
Zimmerman has now been released on bail, with a trackable ankle bracelet. He can leave the State.

Right now he's filling out an employment form for the Border Patrol.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/23/2012, 01:55 PM
Ya know, the nice thing about a trot line is that you can bait the hooks and then leave for awhile.

Even 'go to the store'.

Some fish take the bait. Some, like **** swallow the whole hook.

Thankee fer playin'.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/23/2012, 02:03 PM
The ol "just troll'n" excuse eh? Nice way to back peddle...

okie52
4/23/2012, 02:12 PM

Yeah, he had everyone fooled...he was just playin' the fool.

olevetonahill
4/23/2012, 04:42 PM

Aint "Trollin" a Bainable offense?

I dont care But I thinks its humorous as hell when They go to trying to Copy me .

They aint ever gonna be the Master Fisherman as I am

OU_Sooners75
4/23/2012, 06:33 PM

I dont think the guy is guilty...and had it happened to me, the same results would have occurred.

All this story is about is the government (executive branch) of Florida is trying to stamp out a riot before it gets started.

Problem is, under their laws, and from what I have read and seen as some of the evidence has been leaked out, Zimmerman will not be found guilty of anything.

The only way he is found guilty of any crime is if the jury already has their minds made up today.

cleller
4/23/2012, 10:26 PM
Zimmerman has now been released on bail, with a trackable ankle bracelet. He can leave the State.

Right now he's filling out an employment form for the Border Patrol.

5-0

He has a pending felony charge, not eligible for the Border Patrol. Any particular reason Zimmerman should not receive the same right to bail, presumption of innocence, and due process that others do? He has already been charged with 2nd degree murder, its not like he walked away clean.

diverdog
4/23/2012, 10:43 PM
Aint "Trollin" a Bainable offense?

I dont care But I thinks its humorous as hell when They go to trying to Copy me .

They aint ever gonna be the Master Fisherman as I am

Up here we use these as bait:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Very_Large_Bluefish.JPG

soonercruiser
4/23/2012, 10:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

5-0

You go girl.

Vet!
You mean that 5-O's post was a hate crime????

Midtowner
4/23/2012, 11:00 PM
I dont think the guy is guilty...and had it happened to me, the same results would have occurred.

All this story is about is the government (executive branch) of Florida is trying to stamp out a riot before it gets started.

Problem is, under their laws, and from what I have read and seen as some of the evidence has been leaked out, Zimmerman will not be found guilty of anything.

The only way he is found guilty of any crime is if the jury already has their minds made up today.

I'm not sure what evidence they have or how a jury will react to it.

The photo certainly does support the defense. I'm about 90% sure if this goes to a jury it's an acquittal. I still don't think it makes it that far.

cleller
4/24/2012, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure what evidence they have or how a jury will react to it.

The photo certainly does support the defense. I'm about 90% sure if this goes to a jury it's an acquittal. I still don't think it makes it that far.

If you're right, somewhere some poor truck driver is going about his business today, not realizing he's going to get his head split open when this verdict comes out. What confounding options we have in this country.

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 08:19 AM
If you're right, somewhere some poor truck driver is going about his business today, not realizing he's going to get his head split open when this verdict comes out. What confounding options we have in this country.

The Hell ya say

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvon-alabama-man-critical-condition-mob-beating-053222142.html

Midtowner
4/24/2012, 12:38 PM
The Hell ya say

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvon-alabama-man-critical-condition-mob-beating-053222142.html

Sounds like some despicable mob violence, but I don't see the relation to the Martin case.

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 02:12 PM
Sounds like some despicable mob violence, but I don't see the relation to the Martin case.

Think thats the Point
But it dint stop the Mob from claiming it tho did it?

Midtowner
4/24/2012, 02:26 PM
Think thats the Point
But it dint stop the Mob from claiming it tho did it?

One person reportedly said that, yes. That doesn't make it related. Stupid racial crime happens all the time. It's just en vogue these days for the media to report it.

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 02:30 PM
One person reportedly said that, yes. That doesn't make it related. Stupid racial crime happens all the time. It's just en vogue these days for the media to report it.

Are you that dense? Regardless of How many in the Mob said anything. Thats the desire of the media to portray it the most racist inflaming way .

KABOOKIE
4/24/2012, 04:03 PM

Only if the victim is black and the attackers are white or white enough. It supports the liberal (D) agenda.

rock on sooner
4/24/2012, 04:17 PM

What's really bad is that if that happens, they'll burn down Florida...Rodney King redux...

OULenexaman
4/24/2012, 04:27 PM
should be fun to watch...

KantoSooner
4/24/2012, 04:40 PM
It's a long border, but if that did happen, maybe somehow we could fence off Florida and kind of do a 'controlled burn' sort of thing.
Lord knows, we could not do any worse in rebuilding than what it is now.

Mississippi Sooner
4/24/2012, 04:46 PM
It's a long border, but if that did happen, maybe somehow we could fence off Florida and kind of do a 'controlled burn' sort of thing.
Lord knows, we could not do any worse in rebuilding than what it is now.

Hell, three sides of it are surrounded by water. And if some of it did jump into southern Georgia or Alabama, oh well.

Midtowner
4/24/2012, 04:46 PM
Are you that dense? Regardless of How many in the Mob said anything. Thats the desire of the media to portray it the most racist inflaming way .

I don't disagree. This story was published by The Blaze originally, right? Isn't that Glen Beck's news site?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/24/2012, 04:47 PM
Any of those really fast cats that want to play ball in Oklahoma should be allowed to leave before the burn begins however.

hawaii 5-0
4/24/2012, 08:35 PM
He has a pending felony charge, not eligible for the Border Patrol. Any particular reason Zimmerman should not receive the same right to bail, presumption of innocence, and due process that others do? He has already been charged with 2nd degree murder, its not like he walked away clean.

OK, someone here is still not getting the full picture.

Let's try this approach..... back to Square 1

Romney/Zimmerman 2012

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/24/2012, 08:49 PM

Romney/Zimmerman 2012

5-0You still in here with yer big ol' treble hook? You big bad troller you!

****'n moran's up in this biotch!

okie52
4/24/2012, 09:21 PM

Romney/Zimmerman 2012

5-0

I kind of like that...it might beat Obama/fido.

StoopTroup
4/24/2012, 10:44 PM
What's really bad is that if that happens, they'll burn down Florida...Rodney King redux...

Per Zimmerman...."They always get away with this BS".

Thank goodness that didn't happen. What a dumbass.

Turd_Ferguson
4/24/2012, 11:08 PM

Thank goodness that didn't happen. What a dumbass.Are you high...again?

Turd_Ferguson
4/24/2012, 11:16 PM

Thank goodness that didn't happen. What a dumbass.Also, remember...this was a hate crime pure and simple. Maybe you and Magnum PI(aka 5-0) should open a detective agency and introduce all of your evidence to Trayvon's attorneys...LMAO!

soonercruiser
4/24/2012, 11:18 PM
Stoop!
You a mind reader or something?
(You should rent yourself out to the GSA at their conventions.)
Who is the "they" that Zimmerman was referring to? Any chance it's the "they" that do break-ins and vandalism in his neighborhood - no matter what race "they" are......???

Welcome aboard the racism train....you obviously have a ticket to ride!

soonercruiser
4/24/2012, 11:19 PM
Also, remember...this was a hate crime pure and simple. Maybe you and Magnum PI(aka 5-0) should open a detective agency and introduce all of your evidence to Trayvon's attorneys...LMAO!

Ya! A mind reader and a PI wanna be.
:playful:

StoopTroup
4/24/2012, 11:46 PM
Also, remember...this was a hate crime pure and simple. Maybe you and Magnum PI(aka 5-0) should open a detective agency and introduce all of your evidence to Trayvon's attorneys...LMAO!

I don't know if it's a hate crime unless the FBI makes a case for it.

StoopTroup
4/24/2012, 11:47 PM
Stoop!
You a mind reader or something?
(You should rent yourself out to the GSA at their conventions.)
Who is the "they" that Zimmerman was referring to? Any chance it's the "they" that do break-ins and vandalism in his neighborhood - no matter what race "they" are......???

Welcome aboard the racism train....you obviously have a ticket to ride!

If it didn't happen....there is no they?

I don't ride trains you are on.

Chuck Bao
4/25/2012, 01:01 AM
I don't know if it's a hate crime unless the FBI makes a case for it.

I really wish that the term "hate crime" would not be bandied about like it is and largely misunderstood. To me, a hate crime is indiscriminate violence against a minority to promote terror within that community and drive them out. Otherwise, it is just a crime.

sappstuf
4/25/2012, 01:22 AM
The Hell ya say

If you don't look like what Obama's son would look like, then nobody cares..

soonercruiser
4/25/2012, 07:20 PM
Obama's son would look like??????

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/Obama-IfIhadadog.jpg

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2012, 09:00 PM
Dude was taking the pot.

http://news.yahoo.com/documents-shed-light-trayvon-martin-killing-235341368.html

The autopsy says medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine. The amount described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin's behavior, Kobilinksy said.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes," Kobilinsky said. "If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

SoonerProphet
5/17/2012, 09:06 PM
Sounds like some of the information coming out is that it was indeed the Nightwatchman who was screaming like a stuck pig. Doesn't seem to be looking good for the Hoodie.

Midtowner
Yeah.. and you know how pot makes people aggressive and homicidal.

Midtowner
Sounds like some of the information coming out is that it was indeed the Nightwatchman who was screaming like a stuck pig. Doesn't seem to be looking good for the Hoodie.

The prosecutor should never have filed charges if she knew about this.

olevetonahill
5/17/2012, 09:08 PM
Dude was taking the pot.

http://news.yahoo.com/documents-shed-light-trayvon-martin-killing-235341368.html

Wonder how they figure it WONT help the D, Wont it expose Martins Character?

Did ya also see where they "released the medical on Z? Dude had 2 black eyes and a busted nose along with the cuts on the back of his noggin

SoonerProphet
5/17/2012, 09:12 PM

Did ya also see where they "released the medical on Z? Dude had 2 black eyes and a busted nose along with the cuts on the back of his noggin

yeah, sounds like he got the **** kicked outta him and was screaming like a b*tch.

olevetonahill
5/17/2012, 09:14 PM
yeah, sounds like he got the **** kicked outta him and was screaming like a b*tch.

Lets see
Martin was 10 years YOUNGER? Check
Martin was 40lbs Heavier? Check
Martin was at least 3 to 4 inchs taller? Check

Z was callin for help to keep from having to **** the punk? Check

Ya got good points there dude,

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah.. and you know how pot makes people aggressive and homicidal.

Not sure about that, but it confirms what Zimmerman said that night. He stated that the suspicious person seemed high.

Both medical reports pretty much confirm what Zimmerman said happened fight wise also.

Never fear though, Holder is going after him on those vague "hate crimes" charges. He'll send him to the hoosegow for sure. Those laws were made for exactly this moment in time. To right a perceived wrong done to a minority.

Whether the wrong is real or not means nothing. They want blood, they will get it.

soonercruiser
5/17/2012, 10:01 PM

And, they have photos of the injuries also.
So, what about the folks who were making hay about no injuries seen on the long-range video footage of him at the police station?

sappstuf
5/17/2012, 10:09 PM
Not sure about that, but it confirms what Zimmerman said that night. He stated that the suspicious person seemed high.

Both medical reports pretty much confirm what Zimmerman said happened fight wise also.

Never fear though, Holder is going after him on those vague "hate crimes" charges. He'll send him to the hoosegow for sure. Those laws were made for exactly this moment in time. To right a perceived wrong done to a minority.

Whether the wrong is real or not means nothing. They want blood, they will get it.

I thought Zimmerman WAS a minority..

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 10:24 PM
I thought Zimmerman WAS a minority..

Not in this meme. He's the honkiest of honkies. Just go with it and don't try to figure it out. It makes as much sense as everything else in the world of journalism these days.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 05:12 AM
Never fear though, Holder is going after him on those vague "hate crimes" charges.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the prosecutor who brought murder charges against Zimmerman appointed by Fla. governor Rick Scott, a Republican?

I haven't seen any charges brought by anyone else.

5-0

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/18/2012, 06:05 AM
Its REEFER MADNESS, although seriously not sure why its a big deal that THC was found in Martin's system. That being said, the evidence surely points to bad judgement, but self defense on Zimmerman's part.

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 06:16 AM
The THC leads to his character and Judgement for 2 things

cleller
5/18/2012, 08:04 AM

Won't matter, the jury will be sitting there remembering the LA riots, and worrying who they know that will be beaten, burned or killed if they let Zimmerman off. Add to this the certainty that if they find him not guilty -- the Feds will do an end-around the double jeopardy issue and charge him with civil rights violations, and send him to prison anyway.

Zimmerman doesn't have a prayer. The loudest shriekers have won their battle.

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 08:11 AM
Won't matter, the jury will be sitting there remembering the LA riots, and worrying who they know will be beaten, burned or killed if they let Zimmerman off. Add to this the certainty that if the find him not guilty the Feds will do and end-around the double jeopardy issue and charge him with civil rights violations, and send him to prison anyway.

Zimmerman doesn't have a prayer. The loudest shriekers have won their battle.

Got a feelin yer right. Been sayin from the start the Fed will step in Much like they did in the Rodney King deal.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/18/2012, 10:37 AM
The THC leads to his character and Judgement for 2 things
He smokes weed, therefore must be a bad person. Right.

OULenexaman
5/18/2012, 10:44 AM
I know the punk *** wanna be gangsta was a bad apple.....the herd was properly thinned.

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2012, 10:49 AM
He smokes weed, therefore must be a bad person. Right.

So...doing something illegal says nothing about your character, gotcha.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 11:09 AM
Its REEFER MADNESS, although seriously not sure why its a big deal that THC was found in Martin's system. That being said, the evidence surely points to bad judgement, but self defense on Zimmerman's part.

It seems the witnesses are going to say that Zimmerman was attacked. I wonder whether anyone saw what led up to the attack? If we know everything there is to know, I just don't see how this goes to a conviction.

You're right though, the THC is totally irrelevant.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 11:10 AM
So...doing something illegal says nothing about your character, gotcha.

Marijuana is more of a malum prohibitum offense though. There's nothing innately immoral about it--at least no more immoral than alcohol or prescription painkillers/anxiety pills.

pphilfran
5/18/2012, 11:13 AM
Marijuana is more of a malum prohibitum offense though. There's nothing innately immoral about it--at least no more immoral than alcohol or prescription painkillers/anxiety pills.

I'll smoke to that!

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 12:11 PM

Except that in Martins case its Illegal . Unless its the prescription meds.

LiveLaughLove
5/18/2012, 12:37 PM

And except for the law enforcement killed by the dealers that are funded by the purchasers. Nah, nothing innately immoral about that at all.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 12:46 PM
And except for the law enforcement killed by the dealers that are funded by the purchasers. Nah, nothing innately immoral about that at all.

And all of that harm, ALL of it, is only because of law enforcement and our legislature's response to the drug. None of that harm would happen at all were it legal. So yeah, nothing innately immoral about the act itself. Actually, if law enforcement wanted to stop all of the harm flowing from marijuana, they could just stop enforcing the law. Those laws are enforced because drug forfeiture actions are a pretty major revenue stream for law enforcement, the private prison industry loves providing their hospitality to all of these non-violent drug convicts with mandatory sentences, it's a multibillion dollar industry from a law enforcement standpoint.

LiveLaughLove
5/18/2012, 12:55 PM
And all of that harm, ALL of it, is only because of law enforcement and our legislature's response to the drug. None of that harm would happen at all were it legal. So yeah, nothing innately immoral about the act itself. Actually, if law enforcement wanted to stop all of the harm flowing from marijuana, they could just stop enforcing the law. Those laws are enforced because drug forfeiture actions are a pretty major revenue stream for law enforcement, the private prison industry loves providing their hospitality to all of these non-violent drug convicts with mandatory sentences, it's a multibillion dollar industry from a law enforcement standpoint.

So its not the law breakers and murderers faults, its the laws fault!

That is a mind boggling twist even for you.

How about people obeying the law and not doing illegal drugs and not selling illegal drugs? What a novel concept, to expect people to obey the law. Well novel for a lawyer evidently. Why am I not surprised.

Ton Loc
5/18/2012, 01:06 PM

This and gay marriage are the two strangest things we continue to hold on to. A drug you can grow on your own and is less dangerous than alcohol and probably 90% of prescription and over the counter drugs.

20 years from now we'll look back and laugh.

Hopefully, 20 years from now Zimmerman will still be locked up.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 01:17 PM
I'd love to see a nice discussion of the violent tendencies caused by smoking a joint.

Hopefully on a separate thread.

5-0

Mississippi Sooner
5/18/2012, 01:27 PM
I'd love to see a nice discussion of the violent tendencies caused by smoking a joint.

Hopefully on a separate thread.

5-0

Hey, don't get between a stoner and his Doritos.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 02:39 PM
So its not the law breakers and murderers faults, its the laws fault!

If folks were able to grow and smoke their own marijuana and there weren't SWAT teams descending from helicopters, yeah, there'd be no marijuana related violence whatsoever. You could grow it next to your tomatoes. This is not disputable.

How about people obeying the law and not doing illegal drugs and not selling illegal drugs? What a novel concept, to expect people to obey the law. Well novel for a lawyer evidently. Why am I not surprised.

Law breaking is bad, I agree with you, but alcohol prohibition gave us the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Marijuana prohibition and what criminals have stooped to in the distribution of marijuana (which would be legal and regulated otherwise) make folks like Al Capone look like saints.

It's a dumbass law and it needs to be off the books. I've never tried the stuff, never will, but I know a bad law when I see one.

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 02:53 PM
If folks were able to grow and smoke their own marijuana and there weren't SWAT teams descending from helicopters, yeah, there'd be no marijuana related violence whatsoever. You could grow it next to your tomatoes. This is not disputable.

Law breaking is bad, I agree with you, but alcohol prohibition gave us the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Marijuana prohibition and what criminals have stooped to in the distribution of marijuana (which would be legal and regulated otherwise) make folks like Al Capone look like saints.

It's a dumbass law and it needs to be off the books. I've never tried the stuff, never will, but I know a bad law when I see one.

Cite me ONE instance of this happening to a casual grower or user.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 02:57 PM
Cite me ONE instance of this happening to a casual grower or user.

A buddy of mine is a police officer in NE Oklahoma. He's on a team which does exactly that. They locate rural marijuana fields and then go after them in full SWAT gear descending from helicopters.

As far as casual growers go, lots of casual growers go to prison for extended periods of time. Do the police use no-knock searches? Yes, all the time.

jkjsooner
5/18/2012, 03:05 PM
A buddy of mine is a police officer in NE Oklahoma. He's on a team which does exactly that. They locate rural marijuana fields and then go after them in full SWAT gear descending from helicopters.

As far as casual growers go, lots of casual growers go to prison for extended periods of time. Do the police use no-knock searches? Yes, all the time.

Exactly. If they made caffeinated products a felony with a minimum punishment of 20 years in prison, you'd start to see crime related to caffeine. You would have an underground market for it, and you'd have people shooting cops in a desperate attempt to escape the 20 year punishment.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 03:13 PM
On the Big Island the coptors will go after any pot they see growing. Casual, commercial, it doesn't matter.

5-0

SCOUT
5/18/2012, 03:34 PM
Isn't Amsterdam reconsidering their drug laws largely due to an increase in crime?

A judge in The Hague ruled the law was legal because of increased criminality linked to the Dutch drug trade. The Dutch government said there would be no exceptions to the new rules.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018089902_dutchpot28.html
This is one of those issues that isn't really a big concern for me, but I remember reading that the Netherlands was having problems with it.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 04:03 PM
Last I heard Holland was trying to restrict sales of smoke in coffeehouses to Nationals. No out of towners.

Memories.......

5-0

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 06:23 PM

To get to some of these remote Commercial fields thats the easiest way.
Not what you implied tho. You made it sound like they coming Down on just anyone that fires up a fatty

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2012, 07:59 PM
Exactly. If they made caffeinated products a felony with a minimum punishment of 20 years in prison, you'd start to see crime related to caffeine. You would have an underground market for it, and you'd have people shooting cops in a desperate attempt to escape the 20 year punishment.

So what you're saying is that when you break the law...the cops inevitably get involved in your life. There's got to be a simple solution to this; I just can't quite put my finger on it.

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx40udwQvZI

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 08:01 PM
So what you're saying is that when you break the law...the cops inevitably get involved in your life. There's got to be a simple solution to this; I just can't quite put my finger on it.

I bet its just right there on the Tip aint it.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 08:54 PM
Zimmerman said he went to Target and was returning home when he saw Martin.

Some think that Zimmerman followed Martin to the 7-11 instead and then followed him back to the Apt. complex. There was no camera to show Zimmerman's vehicle sitting in the 7-11 however.

Zimmerman then tried to run him over but Martin turned down an alleyway and Zimmerman had to leave his vehicle or risk losing his prey.

He then caught up to Martin where he shot him. Zimmerman, then realizing his mistake when learning that Martin was unarmed, proceeded to pistol-whip himself to make it look like he was defending himself.

Personally, I think Zimmerman should have called the cops, reported the 'suspicious' behavior of an unarmed teen walking to an apartment, and stayed in his car and let the cops handle the event.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
5/18/2012, 10:27 PM
Zimmerman said he went to Target and was returning home when he saw Martin.

Some think that Zimmerman followed Martin to the 7-11 instead and then followed him back to the Apt. complex. There was no camera to show Zimmerman's vehicle sitting in the 7-11 however.

Zimmerman then tried to run him over but Martin turned down an alleyway and Zimmerman had to leave his vehicle or risk losing his prey.

He then caught up to Martin where he shot him. Zimmerman, then realizing his mistake when learning that Martin was unarmed, proceeded to pistol-whip himself to make it look like he was defending himself.

Personally, I think Zimmerman should have called the cops, reported the 'suspicious' behavior of an unarmed teen walking to an apartment, and stayed in his car and let the cops handle the event.

5-0You don't fish so well...moran.

hawaii 5-0
5/18/2012, 10:47 PM
Turd, Since some of the official evidence has now been released the message boards are very active with speculation.

Just like your speculation that I'm fishing.

5-0

Midtowner
5/19/2012, 06:39 AM
You don't fish so well...moran.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

MamaMia
5/21/2012, 06:08 PM

I thought this was interesting.

FSS (3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

So if the prosecution moves toward demonstrating Zimmerman as being negligent, in that he didn't stop pursuing Trayvon when whatever dispatcher told him that they didn't need him to, and still continued to do so even after he was told that the police were on their way, we may see the charges amended to manslaughter.

MamaMia
5/21/2012, 06:22 PM

Bottom line - it appears to me that Zimmerman shot a wanna be thug because he was afraid to get his *** kicked. The use of deadly force was likely going too far. This is a tragic waste of two lives primarily due to the poor judgment of Zimmerman.Here is a photo of Martin and a friend at school taken a couple of months before the incident.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/trayvon-martin-girlfriend-larger.jpg

XingTheRubicon
5/21/2012, 08:04 PM
dime bag and papers in his cargo pocket

KABOOKIE
5/21/2012, 09:39 PM
I thought this was interesting.

FSS (3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

So if the prosecution moves toward demonstrating Zimmerman as being negligent, in that he didn't stop pursuing Trayvon when whatever dispatcher told him that they didn't need him to, and still continued to do so even after he was told that the police were on their way, we may see the charges amended to manslaughter.

Not sure where you found that ordnance mamma but I believe 827.03(3) is neglect of a child. This charge would be more appropriate for someone who left their child in a locked car, didnt feed them, left them near a gun, etc... and it resulted in the death of that child. Plus it has to be willingly reckless without any regard to the safety of the child.

Having your head bashed in by a 17 y/o "child" doesn't seem to fit.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2012, 10:53 PM
Here is a photo of Martin and a friend at school taken a couple of months before the incident.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/trayvon-martin-girlfriend-larger.jpg

here's some other pictures of Trayvon

http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2012/03/Photo_on_2010-06-17_at_16.05__2_DC.jpg
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4f7099ea69beddf21800003d/not-trayvon-martin.jpg

MamaMia
5/22/2012, 01:17 AM
Thats lovely. Some of these kids do the stupidest things in front of a camera. Plus, he played football but decided smoking pot was cool. Not good decision making skills for a 17 year old. :(

Then I read that Zimmerman got in some domestic violence trouble, pushed a police officer and was fired from a job for being overly aggressive and having a trigger temper. Does anyone know how old he was when that happened, and if any formal charges were filed?

hawaii 5-0
5/22/2012, 02:03 AM
Thats lovely. Some of these kids do the stupidest things in front of a camera. Plus, he played football but decided smoking pot was cool. Not good decision making skills for a 17 year old. :(

Of course this could apply to several current Sooner football players. Your point is made.

5-0

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:58 PM

Then I read that Zimmerman got in some domestic violence trouble, pushed a police officer and was fired from a job for being overly aggressive and having a trigger temper. Does anyone know how old he was when that happened, and if any formal charges were filed?

All this back & forth about personal backgrounds is secondary to the facts in the case.
And, there is only one version of the facts that has witnesses.

OULenexaman
5/23/2012, 07:34 AM
And now we have Mama on the Trayvon love train?.....didn't see that one coming.

missann
5/23/2012, 07:59 AM

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4f7099ea69beddf21800003d/not-trayvon-martin.jpg

The 2nd pic is not Trayvon. It doesn't even look like him.

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2012, 08:15 AM
heh. The second photo is even called "Not Trayvon Martin"

soonercruiser
5/23/2012, 10:14 AM
And now we have Mama on the Trayvon love train?.....didn't see that one coming.

Mama must be gettin' the 7 year itch!
:chuncky:

Or, facebook twitch!

hawaii 5-0
5/23/2012, 10:17 AM

These people deserve to die just for looking like they do, right?

5-0

olevetonahill
5/23/2012, 10:20 AM

5-0

YOU People sure come up with some weird ****in Ideas .

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2012, 10:34 AM
YOU People sure come up with some weird ****in Ideas .

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2016/whatdoyoumeanyoupeopleb.jpg

OULenexaman
5/23/2012, 12:33 PM
Mama must be gettin' the 7 year itch!
:chuncky:

Or, facebook twitch! she needin her twitter fix......or fixed.

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2012, 01:28 PM

5-0

yes, because thats EXACTLY what I posted

bravo, kudo's to you - your brilliant intellect saw right thru me

Wishboned
5/23/2012, 01:41 PM
Witnesses are now changing their stories...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-22/news/os-george-zimmerman-key-witnesses-20120522_1_witnesses-change-shooting-fdle-agent

soonercruiser
5/23/2012, 04:00 PM
In ordinary circumstances, witnesses are interview by the police....and held accountable for lying to police or changing their statements.
Especially lying to police. Some of those examples are different stories to different interviewers at different places in time.
Otherwise, as times goes along....you can expect everyone's memory to fade...except the two directly involved in contact.
The police need recorded interviews, to set the record straight.
Again...we just have to wait and see.

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2012, 06:05 PM
witnesses giving 2 different stories......i bet they never see the stand at this point

Turd_Ferguson
5/23/2012, 07:55 PM
yes, because thats EXACTLY what I posted

bravo, kudo's to you - your brilliant intellect saw right thru meJK, Keep in mind that -50 knew right from the start that this was a "hate crime, pure and simple"...

soonercruiser
5/23/2012, 09:40 PM
Sounding more like an amnesia crime to me!
Everybody involved is loosing their memory.
Sounds like a Mafia crime case.
Death threats have their effect!

OULenexaman
5/24/2012, 10:45 AM
witness tampering is on!! Somebody's getting to them...

olevetonahill
6/1/2012, 01:56 PM
Zs Bond been revoked

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-want-zimmermans-bond-revoked-175815449.html

olevetonahill
6/1/2012, 01:58 PM
Better read

http://abcnews.go.com/US/prosecution-requests-george-zimmermans-bond-revoked/story?id=16476183#.T8kQYsVnwv0

okie52
6/1/2012, 04:57 PM
Zs Bond been revoked

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-want-zimmermans-bond-revoked-175815449.html

Free Zimmerman!!!!!!!

yermom
6/1/2012, 05:21 PM
way to look shady there, George

Midtowner
6/1/2012, 05:29 PM
Him being back in the pokey has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. It's that he lied at his bond hearing.

okie52
6/1/2012, 05:47 PM
Him being back in the pokey has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. It's that he lied at his bond hearing.

Why isn't his attorney in there with him. His attorney was handling a lot of Zimmermans fund raising (if that was the money issue).

Midtowner
6/1/2012, 07:25 PM
Why isn't his attorney in there with him. His attorney was handling a lot of Zimmermans fund raising (if that was the money issue).

It's unknown what his attorney knew, but an attorney who knows his client is being untruthful to the court must first talk to his client to get him to correct the falsehood, and then should the client refuse, the attorney has a duty to correct that. So yes, this could be a big problem for Zimmerman's attorney if he did know. I don't know that he did. Clients lie to you all the time. Especially in criminal proceedings. Especially when they probably think that if you knew you had a six-figure defense slush fund that your rates would suddenly go up.

What the prosecution is alleging is that Zimmerman's wife knew about the paypal money, testified, and failed to disclose it. That's going to be a bad deal for Zimmerman if true. The lesson here is not to lie to the court.

hawaii 5-0
6/2/2012, 12:21 PM
Poor wannabe policeman George Zimmerman is in deeper doo doo. Lying to a court about his lack of finances and lying about a 2nd passport paints a picture of bad credibility.

I think he's been lying since he realized he murdered an innocent, unarmed minor.

5-0

okie52
6/2/2012, 01:51 PM
It's unknown what his attorney knew, but an attorney who knows his client is being untruthful to the court must first talk to his client to get him to correct the falsehood, and then should the client refuse, the attorney has a duty to correct that. So yes, this could be a big problem for Zimmerman's attorney if he did know. I don't know that he did. Clients lie to you all the time. Especially in criminal proceedings. Especially when they probably think that if you knew you had a six-figure defense slush fund that your rates would suddenly go up.

What the prosecution is alleging is that Zimmerman's wife knew about the paypal money, testified, and failed to disclose it. That's going to be a bad deal for Zimmerman if true. The lesson here is not to lie to the court.

I may have a foggy memory about this but the attorney at one time was connected with Zimmerman's fund raising efforts on the web...seems like those efforts were consolidated and either the attorney or someone else took over the funds. But the attorney had some awareness of the funds prior to bail. Now did he know how much had been raised I don't know.

But this is certainly a stupid development on Zimmermans side.

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 02:00 PM
I may have a foggy memory about this but the attorney at one time was connected with Zimmerman's fund raising efforts on the web...seems like those efforts were consolidated and either the attorney or someone else took over the funds. But the attorney had some awareness of the funds prior to bail. Now did he know how much had been raised I don't know.

But this is certainly a stupid development on Zimmermans side.

Im Pretty sure this Fund raising thing was started AFTER Z went to jail, His attorney was made aware of it After the Bond hearing an Told the Judge about it

The Passport deal is the Big issue to me.

Wishboned
6/2/2012, 02:12 PM
I think he's been lying since he realized he murdered an innocent, unarmed minor.

5-0

He shot somebody other than Trayvon?

okie52
6/2/2012, 02:18 PM
Im Pretty sure this Fund raising thing was started AFTER Z went to jail, His attorney was made aware of it After the Bond hearing an Told the Judge about it

The Passport deal is the Big issue to me.

I was half awake when I heard about the passport issue. Supposedly, if I heard it right, the judge didn't think that was a big issue. I guess Zim had 2 and turned 1 in to the court/his attorney. Again, I may have missed some of the news about it. I also wonder why Zim wouldn't have given both to his attorney.

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 02:25 PM
I was half awake when I heard about the passport issue. Supposedly, if I heard it right, the judge didn't think that was a big issue. I guess Zim had 2 and turned 1 in to the court/his attorney. Again, I may have missed some of the news about it. I also wonder why Zim wouldn't have given both to his attorney.

We only hearing what the News folk wanting us to hear
Hell look at the headlines "Trayvons Killers Bond revoked"
arsewipes

okie52
6/2/2012, 02:46 PM
We only hearing what the News folk wanting us to hear
Hell look at the headlines "Trayvons Killers Bond revoked"
arsewipes

Ain't that the truth.

Its going to get really tough on Zim after Trayvon is canonized.

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 04:43 PM
Ain't that the truth.

Its getting really tough on Zim since Trayvon was canonized.

FIFY

hawaii 5-0
6/2/2012, 10:11 PM
Ain't that the truth.

Its going to get really tough on Zim after Trayvon is canonized.

It continues to get tougher on Zim as his constant lying is exposed.

I don't think his Boy Scout Coon Shooting Merit Badge is getting him very far.

Even his 'witnesses' are having trouble remembering the truth.

5-0

Midtowner
6/2/2012, 10:26 PM

Or perhaps they're having a reaction to the death threats they've received?

SCOUT
6/3/2012, 02:02 AM

5-0
Did you mean Boy Scout Cold merit badge?

okie52
6/3/2012, 10:16 AM

5-0

His Obama son shooting badge made him an eagle scout.

okie52
6/3/2012, 10:18 AM
FIFY

Thanks!

olevetonahill
6/3/2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks!

Im here to hep.

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2012, 01:09 PM
Im here to hep.

Congrats on your vBet winnings.

I wish more people played.

5-0

olevetonahill
6/12/2012, 07:04 PM
Z dont stand a chance, now they done went arrested his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmermans-wife-arrested-perjury-charge-205648308--abc-news-topstories.html

Midtowner
6/12/2012, 08:08 PM
Z dont stand a chance, now they done went arrested his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmermans-wife-arrested-perjury-charge-205648308--abc-news-topstories.html

She lied under oath.

I guess perjury is a crime in Florida.

olevetonahill
6/12/2012, 08:36 PM
She lied under oath.

http://freshbread.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/04/captainobvious.jpg

soonercruiser
6/12/2012, 09:41 PM
She lied under oath.

Because it obviously isn't in Washington, D.C.!

C&CDean
6/13/2012, 05:31 PM
She lied under oath.

If it was good enough for your uber-prez Clinton, it's good enough for Zimmerman. Why was it ok for him and not for Mrs. Z?

Midtowner
6/13/2012, 07:07 PM
If it was good enough for your uber-prez Clinton, it's good enough for Zimmerman. Why was it ok for him and not for Mrs. Z?

I supported Clinton being thrown out of office, so I really don't know what you're talking about. I also fully support him being disbarred. I have zero tolerance for perjury. Especially when it comes from lawyers.

Turd_Ferguson
6/13/2012, 09:28 PM
I supported Clinton being thrown out of office, so I really don't know what you're talking about. I also fully support him being disbarred. I have zero tolerance for perjury. Especially when it comes from lawyers.That would disbar 90% of you loyer types...

olevetonahill
6/13/2012, 09:32 PM
That would disbar 90% of you loyer types...

heaven ferbid a Lawyer tell a ****in lie

cleller
6/13/2012, 09:42 PM
That would disbar 90% of you loyer types...

Wouldn't it be great in lawyers were also sworn in at court? I get so tired of watching SOME (not all) defense lawyers stand up there and lie like there's no tomorrow. Lie in court, lie to reporters, never bat an eye.

Just a pipedream.

8timechamps
6/13/2012, 11:58 PM
What a dumbass. Apparently she (they) thought they could keep the funds in some super-secret hidey hole, and nobody would know about it. Fail.

Turd_Ferguson
6/14/2012, 07:09 AM
I'm still asking the question; What does the amount of money in your bank account have to do with how high your bond is?

Midtowner
6/14/2012, 07:34 AM
Wouldn't it be great in lawyers were also sworn in at court? I get so tired of watching SOME (not all) defense lawyers stand up there and lie like there's no tomorrow. Lie in court, lie to reporters, never bat an eye.

Just a pipedream.

Lawyers are officers of the Court. We are sworn by default with our oath as an attorney and thus do not have to be sworn when we testify. Defense lawyers don't lie. In fact, 99% of them assist the system in shepherding their client to a guilty or nolo plea which saves the system immeasurable time and resources.

And they don't (as a rule) lie. They merely require the state to prove its burden. The refusal to lie or allow witnesses to do so knowingly is one reason you rarely see a defendant take the stand.

Midtowner
6/14/2012, 07:36 AM
I'm still asking the question; What does the amount of money in your bank account have to do with how high your bond is?

Because it's a surety bond which is supposed to be a high enough amount of money that you'll not run, or if you do run, it's a high enough amount of money to convince your bondsman to go get you. So obviously, if you have $250K which you did not earn, that's pretty relevant. Not to mention the fact that committing perjury before you're barely past your arraignment (or during, I'm not quite sure what they do in Florida) is going to cause the Court some concern about your promise to return to court voluntarily.

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 08:26 AM
Because it's a surety bond which is supposed to be a high enough amount of money that you'll not run, or if you do run, it's a high enough amount of money to convince your bondsman to go get you. So obviously, if you have $250K which you did not earn, that's pretty relevant. Not to mention the fact that committing perjury before you're barely past your arraignment (or during, I'm not quite sure what they do in Florida) is going to cause the Court some concern about your promise to return to court voluntarily.

And yet he voluntarily surrendered himself to jail when ordered to do so by the court.

jkjsooner
6/14/2012, 08:57 AM

I'm trying to figure out how this has anything to do with Zimmerman or his wife.

Rather than admitting that they are liars, I suppose it's easier to just change the subject.

okie52
6/14/2012, 09:05 AM
And yet he voluntarily surrendered himself to jail when ordered to do so by the court.

Twice.

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 09:14 AM
I'm trying to figure out how this has anything to do with Zimmerman or his wife.

Rather than admitting that they are liars, I suppose it's easier to just change the subject.
You gotta be ****tin me? That is one of you LIBs favorite tactics. And yet you try to use it against some one else.

Midtowner
6/14/2012, 10:45 AM

I'm sure that'll be considered at his new bail hearing. The State though, for good cause can revoke your bail. The fact that Zimmerman perjured himself regarding his assets is pretty darn good cause. He's just in the pokey pending a new bail hearing which should happen soon. I imagine bail will be set quite a bit higher after a true and correct financial picture is presented to the Court and that Zimmerman will be granted some sort of bail arrangement.

C&CDean
6/14/2012, 05:29 PM

OK, they lied. Still doesn't mean the little ********** didn't deserve to get popped, no?

yermom
6/14/2012, 07:04 PM
they lied about how much money they had and about the other passport that he had that he didn't turn in

i can't imagine why they thought he might be a flight risk