PDA

View Full Version : Eaten at Burger King lately?

cleller
4/9/2012, 07:28 PM
A few years ago Burger King was taken over by a private investment group.I recently read a story about how this private equity group thinks it has got Burger King back to a level that they want to take it public again.
Coincidentally, I ate at a Burger King about 3 weeks ago for the first time in 2-3 years. I was struck by how much better the experience was from several years ago. Good employees, good food, no trouble. I have rarely set foot in a Burger King over the last 20 years, because they became inconsistent. After that recent visit, I had decided to try it again before long.

Anybody else noticed an improvement in Burger King? McDonalds has been the Apple of fast food for the last several years, never disappointing. I wonder if its possible the fickle consumer might be ready to try something new, and give Burger King a chance? To me, Burger King has a better basic burger, if you can get it without some type of hassle.

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 09:09 PM
I saw some famous dude getting a strawberry smoothy there and damn near turned the manager ghey. NTTAWWT

Beckham tried to get the Manager to slip him a banana...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8qz2Ssr6c

SoonerInFortSmith
4/9/2012, 09:14 PM
It has gotten better. They are still lacking in facilities though. McDonalds has a bunch of new shiny stores. BKs still feel like they are left over from the 80s.

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2012, 09:23 PM
BK has a way to go.

On the North Shore is a McDonalds with a tropical hale (house) look. It even has an indoor waterfall.

5-0

Pricetag
4/9/2012, 10:58 PM
I heard on the news the other day that this past year, Burger King slipped behind Wendy's for third in the burger market for the first time ever, and that's why they're revamping their menu.

Breadburner
4/9/2012, 11:28 PM
Have not been there in years or Mcdonalds for that matter....

oudavid1
4/9/2012, 11:37 PM
I have always been a Whataburger guy but when I dont want to spend 7-10$ I go to Burger King. Great food.

cleller
4/10/2012, 07:31 AM
Whataburger is a dark horse. They're always pretty good, and I guess are big in Texas. Got some commercials out that make me hungry.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 07:40 AM
I'd moved BK pretty far down on my list. Maybe I'll give em another try?

OULenexaman
4/10/2012, 07:55 AM
I haven't been to a BK since 85....27 years and still going. I'll just keep that keep that streak alive.

Boomer.....
4/10/2012, 08:15 AM
I noticed that they renovated the BK on 19th in Moore and it looks much better.

soonerinabilene
4/10/2012, 08:34 AM
Burger King and Wendys are way above McDonalds when it comes to burgers, imo. But price, fries, and efficiency are still behind.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/10/2012, 08:46 AM
square meat >round meat

C&CDean
4/10/2012, 09:56 AM
square meat >round meat

That's cause you take square poops and we all know how hard it is forcing a round turd through a square hole.

GDC
4/10/2012, 10:00 AM
There's something about the BK burgers that just doesn't taste right to me. I do like that they have onion rings.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/10/2012, 10:02 AM
That's cause you take square poops and we all know how hard it is forcing a round turd through a square hole.

After the car wreck and taking some pain meds for a few days, it's been tough forcing any of them out..like pooping some cement blocks.

Jacie
4/10/2012, 12:42 PM
The BK fries have improved a lot.

Another thing they do is offer a lot of specialty burgers on a rotating schedule. The don't have anything to compare to a McRib but that is probably a good thing.

ouleaf
4/10/2012, 01:36 PM
I heard on the news the other day that this past year, Burger King slipped behind Wendy's for third in the burger market for the first time ever, and that's why they're revamping their menu.

Yes, this is true. But both are so far behind Ronald, it doesn't even matter.

8timechamps
4/10/2012, 01:44 PM
I haven't had Burger King in probably 5 years. Maybe I'll give it another try next time I'm hungry and there's one close. If I'm in the market for a cheap hamburger, I usually just go to Sonic. They have pretty good burgers....for a fast food joint.

virginiasooner
4/10/2012, 02:20 PM
Have not been there in years or Mcdonalds for that matter....

I worked at Mickey D's -- put me through my first two years at OU. But I haven't eaten at one in nearly 20 years. There used to be a BK near where I used to live, but it got bulldozed about five years ago. And if I feel the craving for a good burger, I eat a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger, with pickles, grilled onions, and ketchup. Holds my burger cravings in check for about a month.

olevetonahill
4/10/2012, 02:32 PM
I'd rather shop at wallyworld behind 5 Fat wimmens with 6 snotfaced kids each as to eat at McPuke

jumperstop
4/10/2012, 03:33 PM
I noticed that they renovated the BK on 19th in Moore and it looks much better.

I've noticed that one being redone too. Still never looks that busy though. I think it's because it's kinda down in a ditch and hard to see from the interstate/road. But of all the ones to be redone why did they choose that one? It's probably only 10 or so years old and didn't look that bad.

Overall BK sucks or did when I used to go to the one by my old house. Whoppers were always soggy letuce and tomato, with WAY too much mayo on them, and I love mayo. I once even got a burger that was pink still...The quality of their food is was crap compared to pretty much every other fast food place I go to. I got a dollar chicken sandwhich there that was more breading than chicken....and I haven't mentioned how slow they are. The one by the last two places I have lived have taken forever. I literally, not exaggerating, waited 30 min in the drive through from the time I ordered to the time I left...The issue I think is that BK hires druggies and high school dropouts while McDo hires mexicans....take a guess which one doesn't mess up. You order something "special" from McDo and they have it marked with a special reciept attached to it, at BK it's just wrong....Personally for fast food burgers and sandwhiches I go to Jack in the Box these days, they are pretty good imo.

oumartin
4/10/2012, 08:47 PM
As far as food quality it's not hard to beat Mcdonalds. Burger King food was always better. They just sucked at customer service and the place was always icky.

Still better than In & Out burger.

Turd_Ferguson
4/10/2012, 09:00 PM
Still better than In & Out burger.I keel you!!!

8timechamps
4/10/2012, 09:09 PM
As far as food quality it's not hard to beat Mcdonalds. Burger King food was always better. They just sucked at customer service and the place was always icky.

Still better than In & Out burger.

That's just crazy talk.

GDC
4/11/2012, 09:04 AM
Wish we had these around here. Their burgers are hard to beat, especially with green chile on them.

http://www.eatabq.com/wp-content/meal.gif

cleller
4/11/2012, 09:06 AM
What ever happened to the "Have it your way" days at Burger King?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkY2hRCb0PQ

This was actually an effective commercial in 1974.

Curly Bill
4/11/2012, 09:13 AM
Wish we had these around here. Their burgers are hard to beat, especially with green chile on them.

Green chile makes everything taste better!

GDC
4/11/2012, 09:16 AM
Green chile makes everything taste better!

Especially Hatch green chile...

ouleaf
4/11/2012, 09:39 AM
I think the problem with BK has been that they just haven't been able to hold on to their key demographics as there have become more and more restaurant options out there over the past 20-30 years. BK has always focused its efforts on marketing towards males in probably the 18-39 demographic. That might work when you only have a few competitors out there, but as new or different options become available that pulled customers away, they weren't really positioned to attract new customers. So that is why Wendy's passed them up as they appeal to a greater cross-section of folks.

kbsooner21
4/11/2012, 04:04 PM
Haven't eaten BK in 10 years probably

NormanPride
4/12/2012, 08:57 AM
Burger King is bad and you should feel bad.

landrun
4/14/2012, 07:42 PM
WhataBurger and Wendys are the two best fast foot burgers you can get. In my expreience, the service as McDs is awful. Burger King is OK.

I worked at both BK and McDs as a teenager. Before Burger King changes their fries the FIRST time... like 20 years ago. Their fries were like McDs, and good.

Today, McDs and Whataburger have the best fries. I was so disappointed when Wendys pulled a BK and screwed up their fries.

... I'm hungry now. :)

StoopTroup
4/14/2012, 08:21 PM
Mmmmmm.....

I can see Curly sucking down a green chile Smoothy from BK. ;)

Blue
4/15/2012, 02:07 AM
I can see you eating the excess plastic...

Curly Bill
4/15/2012, 02:16 AM
LOL