PDA

View Full Version : AD donates million bucks to OU for new athletic facility

cvsooner
4/5/2012, 03:41 PM
Proving once again that he continues to be a Sooner at heart:

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/040512aaa.html

Okay, Sam, Jermaine, Trent, Curtis...time for you to put some money into this too. :adoration:

cccasooner2
4/5/2012, 04:39 PM

Okay, Sam, Jermaine, Trent, Curtis...time for you to put some money into this too. :adoration:

I'll bet he will do a Buffet though and claim a tax deduction. :)

salth2o
4/6/2012, 07:12 AM

I'll bet he will do a Buffet though and claim a tax deduction. :)

Buffett is a Sooner fan?

LVSOONER15
4/6/2012, 08:49 AM
Thank you AD. Very much appreciated.

Boomer.....
4/6/2012, 10:17 AM
Largest gift an ex-athlete has given OU. Way to give back AD!

olevetonahill
4/6/2012, 11:02 AM
Largest gift an ex-athlete has given OU. Way to give back AD!
Dint the RRW do the same thing?

GDC
4/6/2012, 11:31 AM
I toured the new school they are building in Checotah last week. Apparently Carrie Underwood has given millions of dollars to the district over the years, and no telling how much to the rest of the community. To me it is huge when mega-successful folks like her and AD give back like this.

MichiganSooner
4/6/2012, 11:36 AM
Very nice of AD. Sooner Club needs to make sure this donor gets a OU/Texas ticket ASAP.

SoonerPride
4/6/2012, 12:14 PM
Dint the RRW do the same thing?

IIRC TTRW gave like $500,000 for weight training room when they built the Everest Indoor facility.

Both were very generous donations from former athletes showing their appreciation for the Sooner program.

Way to go AD!

Boomer Sooner!

EatLeadCommie
4/6/2012, 12:28 PM
Very, very awesome of AD to do this. A Sooner forever!

I'm hopeful he is keeping close track of his money though so that he doesn't end up broke (like Billy Sims) 5 years out of football.

olevetonahill
4/6/2012, 12:39 PM
IIRC TTRW gave like $500,000 for weight training room when they built the Everest Indoor facility.

Both were very generous donations from former athletes showing their appreciation for the Sooner program.

Way to go AD!

Boomer Sooner!

Just did a little digging.
Roy gave a 100K . Still very generous .

oumartin
4/6/2012, 02:00 PM
Roy pitched in with a NC so it's cool he only gave 100k

MamaMia
4/6/2012, 02:02 PM
Wow! That is so cool. :)

nativesooner
4/6/2012, 02:25 PM
Very, very awesome of AD to do this. A Sooner forever!

I'm hopeful he is keeping close track of his money though so that he doesn't end up broke (like Billy Sims) 5 years out of football.

Billy isn't broke.... He has bbq to slang! lol!

nativesooner
4/6/2012, 02:26 PM
Very nice of AD. Sooner Club needs to make sure this donor gets a OU/Texas ticket ASAP.

Don't say that! They may catch wind and try to bump up the total point requirement!

SoonerfaninIA
4/9/2012, 10:32 AM
I love him and up here for Pro ball, you are either a GB fan or the crazy step-brother (or in my case the crazy step sister, who likes Vikings bc of him)...anyhow, I do not like the new name of the facility. Why couldn't they just call it the AD ROOM...instead of the Adrian Peterson Team Meeting Room? Just seems so blah...... I think after being known as the RED ROOM..they should have and could have shortened it some to still sound macho and have that certain appeal... okay just saying.

But thank you guys for giving what you got. I think most of OUr players give from their hearts and the fans thank you for it. The nice trade-off is OUr fans get to receive a lot . Thank you again and Thank God I grew up in a home that played OU football every weekend on TV or radio, and we were not Cowboys.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/9/2012, 10:38 AM
Why do they call him AD? His initials are AP?

SoonerfaninIA
4/9/2012, 10:47 AM

HAHAHA.../shrugs sarcastically.....

LakeRat
4/9/2012, 02:07 PM

They can't spell.

8timechamps
4/9/2012, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?