PDA

View Full Version : Congrats SicEm

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 09:54 PM
40 - 0 is pretty amazing. And, at least the title stays in the Big XII for another year.

As an aside, that dude on your wimmen's team is pretty darn good.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/4/2012, 12:41 AM
Hats off to Skeletor and the Mangirl. At least the finals loss couldn't happen to a more deserving foe.

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2012, 03:12 PM
40 - 0 is pretty amazing. And, at least the title stays in the Big XII for another year.

As an aside, that dude on your wimmen's team is pretty darn good.
Thanks! And big congrats to Chuck as well.

Chuck Bao
4/4/2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks! And big congrats to Chuck as well.

Thanks Sic’em and I won’t be as magnanimous as you are, though. For shame on all of you who think that it’s fair play to call women who succeed at sports a man. I suppose that that is about as vile as calling all men under average height as women. We all know that history is replete with over-achieving short-stature men. Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender? By the couple times I’ve met her and accounts of my family and friends, Brittney Griner is a very classy person. Hello, you guys sound like the aggy and that is a terrible put-down as far as I’m concerned.

jkjsooner
4/5/2012, 12:39 PM
Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender?

There is a lot more about her than just being tall and athletic. I think that girl who played for Tennessee a few years ago is sexy as heck and the fact that she's tall and can dunk a basketball just makes her even more sexy.

Griner, on the other hand, talks and in some ways looks like a man. I'd dare say she has some hormonal advantages over your average female just like that South African sprinter. These hormonal differences (not the presence or absence of a penis) is why we have separate men and women's sports.

NMSooner'80
4/6/2012, 02:06 PM
I don't mind Chuck, because he's also an OU fan. The other one should just go to OUHoops.com and hang out on their women's basketball board. Their mod and his toadies all have a major crush on Mulkey and treat her better than Sherri. It's gotten so ridiculous that the mod is starting to create pro-Mulkey threads just to draw out those of us who don't appreciate her sorry attitude and general disrespect for OU and our women's program.

8timechamps
4/6/2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks Sic’em and I won’t be as magnanimous as you are, though. For shame on all of you who think that it’s fair play to call women who succeed at sports a man. I suppose that that is about as vile as calling all men under average height as women. We all know that history is replete with over-achieving short-stature men. Is it not a stretch to think that it’s about time to get over over-achieving tall women without questioning their gender? By the couple times I’ve met her and accounts of my family and friends, Brittney Griner is a very classy person. Hello, you guys sound like the aggy and that is a terrible put-down as far as I’m concerned.

You're reading far too much into it.

GDC
4/8/2012, 04:55 PM
Griner has a creepy man-voice.

4/8/2012, 05:20 PM
Griner has a creepy man-voice.Creepy-crawly even! When she talks, people go WTF!

picasso
4/8/2012, 09:21 PM
There is a lot more about her than just being tall and athletic. I think that girl who played for Tennessee a few years ago is sexy as heck and the fact that she's tall and can dunk a basketball just makes her even more sexy.

Griner, on the other hand, talks and in some ways looks like a man. I'd dare say she has some hormonal advantages over your average female just like that South African sprinter. These hormonal differences (not the presence or absence of a penis) is why we have separate men and women's sports.
She just has a lot of testosterone in her body. I doubt it's roids.

texaspokieokie
4/9/2012, 12:11 PM
see on the news where baylor basketball may be in trouble.

8timechamps
4/9/2012, 01:38 PM
see on the news where baylor basketball may be in trouble.

Would it surprise anyone to find out that there has been cheating going on with football too? Baylor was a win for so many programs over the years, then suddenly they become among the best in the conference. I'm not going to assume they cheated to win football games, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Soonerjeepman
4/9/2012, 03:32 PM
lots of phone calls and txt..(like over 1000 I think)...crap they were already in trouble for recruiting Griner ..which if the one statement is true...that is some fine line crossing...supposedly KM was talking with Griner's dad at an AAU game (both daughters played on the same team) and KM told Griner's dad..."she'd have a great time at BU"..or something to that effect...BUT what's funny is Griner's turned in bu and KM for illegal contact and STILL signed with them...

8timechamps
4/9/2012, 03:47 PM
lots of phone calls and txt..(like over 1000 I think)...crap they were already in trouble for recruiting Griner ..which if the one statement is true...that is some fine line crossing...supposedly KM was talking with Griner's dad at an AAU game (both daughters played on the same team) and KM told Griner's dad..."she'd have a great time at BU"..or something to that effect...BUT what's funny is Griner's turned in bu and KM for illegal contact and STILL signed with them...

If nothing else, the timing of the investigation (with Griner leaving, and basketball just ending) is very interesting.

4/9/2012, 04:33 PM
If nothing else, the timing of the investigation (with Griner leaving, and basketball just ending) is very interesting.One of the announcers in the Finals game vs domer said Griner was to return to BU for another yr of basketball next yr....???

SicEmBaylor
4/9/2012, 04:35 PM
One of the announcers in the Finals game vs domer said Griner was to return to BU for another yr of basketball next yr....???
This is true. She'll be back next year...along with nearly all the starters including Odyssey Sims. Is it too early to call 80-0?

fwsooner22
4/9/2012, 04:38 PM
Now we all get to be reminded of Dave Bliss and Murder at Baylor. Oh boy.

8timechamps
4/9/2012, 04:39 PM
This is true. She'll be back next year...along with nearly all the starters including Odyssey Sims. Is it too early to call 80-0?

I thought she was a senior (maybe I just "hoped" she was a senior). My mistake. And, no, 80-0 is a realistic expectation as long as she is on the team.

fwsooner22
4/9/2012, 04:40 PM
Where would they Go ? Life at Baylor or any other major college program is better than life in the WNBA.

SicEmBaylor
4/9/2012, 04:42 PM
It's insane for Mulkey to get in trouble for talking to the father of a player whose daughter was playing on the same team as her own at a game.

Anyway, these issues are trivial and nowhere near in the same league as the Bliss/Dotson scandal.

8timechamps
4/9/2012, 04:51 PM
It's insane for Mulkey to get in trouble for talking to the father of a player whose daughter was playing on the same team as her own at a game.

Anyway, these issues are trivial and nowhere near in the same league as the Bliss/Dotson scandal.

If the best they (the NCAA) has is the communication between Mulkey and some parent, I'd think that would be a secondary violation. I thought I heard this morning that the meat of the investigation was something like 1000+ calls/text between coaches and recruits? That's getting close to Kelvin Sampson numbers! :)

4/9/2012, 05:19 PM
If the best they (the NCAA) has is the communication between Mulkey and some parent, I'd think that would be a secondary violation. I thought I heard this morning that the meat of the investigation was something like 1000+ calls/text between coaches and recruits? That's getting close to Kelvin Sampson numbers! :)Maybe Baylor will only receive a minor penalty, like only being ineligible for the NCAA tournament, or something like that. Or, maybe only have to forfeit NCAA tournament wins that they had THIS year, huh?

tycat947
4/9/2012, 09:01 PM

Why would her daughter be on an AAU team in Houston? Isn't Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin and San Antonio closer??? Hmmmm, I'm sure it was coincidence that Mackenzie just happened to land on Griner's team in Houston. Kim Mulkey would never do anything so low!!!

Soonerjeepman
4/10/2012, 02:30 PM
I thought km was lesbian..lol surprised she even has a kid! course, she could be one of those "new" lesbians..."tried" to do the social thing then just couldn't stand it...guess my gadar is jacked up if that's the case! LOL..

is km still married...maybe the daughter stays with dad who lives in Houston? don't know and don't care...just thoughts...

** will add...I'm NOT saying she is..just always thought she was...interesting...Sic'em..yes or no?

tycat947
4/10/2012, 03:37 PM
is km still married...maybe the daughter stays with dad who lives in Houston? don't know and don't care...just thoughts...

The daughter graduated from Wacko Midway High and the father still lives in Wacko.

Kim's still gushing over the washed up country crooner, Trace Adkins aka Steven Seagal, professing his crush on the pig-tail wearing Mulkey at Lousyana Tech back in the day! She got him a gig singing the national anthem at either the regional or Final 4 this year and he also made it into Hypocrite U's locker room. Guess he saw someone who could revive his career??? I think she peed her fake leather pants every time they were shown together this year. She's been at Hypocrite U what, 10 years? And he's never mentioned before that he had a college crush on her until this year and has showed up in Wacko at games and followed them all over during the tourney. He's married too.

NMSooner'80
4/10/2012, 04:24 PM
Interesting pull-quote from a Berry Tramel column on Baylor's investigation:

"It’s even worse that Mulkey’s program is involved. She’s accused of improper contact with star center Brittney Griner. Hmm, wonder if Griner played a big role in Baylor going 40-0? Mulkey is not particularly popular with her peers. She’s a little feisty and a lot abrasive. Now coaches, especially those in the Big 12, have serious reasons to resent the coach who has brought two NCAA titles to Baylor."

tycat947
4/10/2012, 04:40 PM
Interesting pull-quote from a Berry Tramel column on Baylor's investigation:

"It’s even worse that Mulkey’s program is involved. She’s accused of improper contact with star center Brittney Griner. Hmm, wonder if Griner played a big role in Baylor going 40-0? Mulkey is not particularly popular with her peers. She’s a little feisty and a lot abrasive. Now coaches, especially those in the Big 12, have serious reasons to resent the coach who has brought two NCAA titles to Baylor."

Quite honestly, that's shocking!!! :unconscious:

SicEmBaylor
4/10/2012, 05:52 PM
The daughter graduated from Wacko Midway High and the father still lives in Wacko.

Kim's still gushing over the washed up country crooner, Trace Adkins aka Steven Seagal, professing his crush on the pig-tail wearing Mulkey at Lousyana Tech back in the day! She got him a gig singing the national anthem at either the regional or Final 4 this year and he also made it into Hypocrite U's locker room. Guess he saw someone who could revive his career??? I think she peed her fake leather pants every time they were shown together this year. She's been at Hypocrite U what, 10 years? And he's never mentioned before that he had a college crush on her until this year and has showed up in Wacko at games and followed them all over during the tourney. He's married too.

There's no such thing as "Waco Midway High." Midway isn't in Waco -- it's in Woodway. This is typical of the accuracy associated with your posts thus far, so don't consider me the least bit surprised by your ignorance.

tycat947
4/10/2012, 10:27 PM
There's no such thing as "Waco Midway High." Midway isn't in Waco -- it's in Woodway. This is typical of the accuracy associated with your posts thus far, so don't consider me the least bit surprised by your ignorance.

Actually it in McGregor. 19 miles from WACKO! Same difference!

I'd be pissed off at Mulkey too!

SicEmBaylor
4/11/2012, 01:05 AM
Actually it in McGregor. 19 miles from WACKO! Same difference!

I'd be pissed off at Mulkey too!
lol, no, Midway is not in McGregor.

http://www.midwayisd.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1

badger
4/11/2012, 08:45 PM
I know it's a little late, but eff Baylor. We chase Kelvin outta town for excessive calling/texting and Baylor slaps their coaches' wrists. With air. Which doesn't even make a slapping noise.

If "Skeletor" wasn't such a cool nickname for the hated one, I'd call her the Baylor B!tch... oh wait, this is SF.com. Baylor Beyonce. :P

picasso
4/11/2012, 08:51 PM
They had a nice run.

SicEmBaylor
4/11/2012, 10:46 PM
I thought you ran Kelvin out of town because he was a ****ty coach and the recruiting issues just gave "Don"Castiglione the excuse he needed.

This is a ridiculously minor and petty issue. Baylor self-imposed penalties on Drew, and the NCAA clearly doesn't believe the severity of the infractions warrant additional sanctions.

There's nothing to see here -- run along.

What this really boils down to is the fact that many of the big time programs are awfully butthurt over Baylor's recent success in...well...everything. It's about the 1% being mad that someone from the 99% doesn't know their place.

picasso
4/11/2012, 10:53 PM
Sampson won as many games as Coach K. He wasn't ****ty. Keep watching.

8timechamps
4/11/2012, 11:58 PM
I thought you ran Kelvin out of town because he was a ****ty coach and the recruiting issues just gave "Don"Castiglione the excuse he needed.

This is a ridiculously minor and petty issue. Baylor self-imposed penalties on Drew, and the NCAA clearly doesn't believe the severity of the infractions warrant additional sanctions.

There's nothing to see here -- run along.

What this really boils down to is the fact that many of the big time programs are awfully butthurt over Baylor's recent success in...well...everything. It's about the 1% being mad that someone from the 99% doesn't know their place.

Sic'Em, I thought you were a little more level-headed than this. Anytime the NCAA labels violations as "major", it's not just a "nothing to see here, move along" thing. Your program lost scholarships. Which, in my opinion, is a much larger thing to overcome in basketball than football. Your program will feel the ramifications of this, just not immediately.

Congrats on the recent success of Baylor sports, I'm sure it's been a great year or so to be a Bears fan, but seriously? Your school is not that far removed from being the perennial Big XII whipping boy. Nobody's butthurt that Baylor has had some success. People are butthurt that your coaches broke the rules, and whether or not that led to that success, is still pretty bad.

texaspokieokie
4/12/2012, 08:56 AM
Baylor only lost 2 scholarships. This (IMO) ain't major. KM is restricted in recruiting. I bet that tears her up.

badger
4/12/2012, 10:31 AM
Sampson won as many games as Coach K. He wasn't ****ty. Keep watching.

I lost track of how many trips he made to the postseason in a row, but it was streak that didn't end till after we sent him to Indiana. And we won the Big 12 tourney a few times despite KU's annoying dominance.

And oh yes, we are soooo jealous of Baylor.

That single Heisman trophy is something OU could NEVER hope to replicate. And he's expected to be the SECOND overall pick in the NFL Draft? Soooo jealous of that too. And you guys won your bowl game as well? AND won the OU-Baylor football game this season? We just have no idea what that's like so of course our jealousy is just driiiiiiping.

And Baylor basketball. I admit that Nike has tried to create new uniform colors for OU with an occasional black football jersey appearing in the bookstore, or a gray basketball jersey appearing on Blake, but highlighter yellow and "platinum" on your men's and ladies teams was just to die for. Why oh why can't OU have highlighter or platinum jerseys. Woe is OU. Soooo jealous of Baylor.

Anyways, once again, eff Baylor. You are one uppity remark away from being relegated to the Conference USA/Mountain West convergence conference. Even sneeze the wrong way and UT goes independent, OU goes to the SEC, OSU holds its breath to turn even more bright orange and the Big 12 is dead. So, be lucky that you're still alive. There's no Ann Richards to save you this time (and please don't try to say that was a myth. We all know it was politics that kept you outta a sh!t tier conference last time and politics will NOT save you next time).

And yes, badger is now operating on about a few hours of sleep at a time, so she might be a bit more irritable a bit more easily :P

4/12/2012, 11:25 AM
Well said, Badger, and Happy Motherhood to ya!

tycat947
4/12/2012, 12:13 PM
I lost track of how many trips he made to the postseason in a row, but it was streak that didn't end till after we sent him to Indiana. And we won the Big 12 tourney a few times despite KU's annoying dominance.

And oh yes, we are soooo jealous of Baylor.

That single Heisman trophy is something OU could NEVER hope to replicate. And he's expected to be the SECOND overall pick in the NFL Draft? Soooo jealous of that too. And you guys won your bowl game as well? AND won the OU-Baylor football game this season? We just have no idea what that's like so of course our jealousy is just driiiiiiping.

And Baylor basketball. I admit that Nike has tried to create new uniform colors for OU with an occasional black football jersey appearing in the bookstore, or a gray basketball jersey appearing on Blake, but highlighter yellow and "platinum" on your men's and ladies teams was just to die for. Why oh why can't OU have highlighter or platinum jerseys. Woe is OU. Soooo jealous of Baylor.

Anyways, once again, eff Baylor. You are one uppity remark away from being relegated to the Conference USA/Mountain West convergence conference. Even sneeze the wrong way and UT goes independent, OU goes to the SEC, OSU holds its breath to turn even more bright orange and the Big 12 is dead. So, be lucky that you're still alive. There's no Ann Richards to save you this time (and please don't try to say that was a myth. We all know it was politics that kept you outta a sh!t tier conference last time and politics will NOT save you next time).

And yes, badger is now operating on about a few hours of sleep at a time, so she might be a bit more irritable a bit more easily :P

I'm jealous too!!! :adoration:

8timechamps
4/12/2012, 05:49 PM
Baylor only lost 2 scholarships. This (IMO) ain't major. KM is restricted in recruiting. I bet that tears her up.

You do realize under NCAA rules, men's and women's basketball teams can only have 13 scholarship players at a time, right? If you think taking 2 of those scholarships away isn't a major thing, then you must know something I don't.

The KM restriction is worthless. Assistants do most of the 'on the road' recruiting anyway.

texaspokieokie
4/12/2012, 05:55 PM
You do realize under NCAA rules, men's and women's basketball teams can only have 13 scholarship players at a time, right? If you think taking 2 of those scholarships away isn't a major thing, then you must know something I don't.

The KM restriction is worthless. Assistants do most of the 'on the road' recruiting anyway.well it don't bother me any.

tycat947
4/12/2012, 09:32 PM

The KM restriction is worthless. Assistants do most of the 'on the road' recruiting anyway.

Actually, the women's teams are allowed 15 scholarships versus 13 for the men. Most women's teams don't even have the full allotment of 15 scholarships. So, if you have 12 players on scholarship now, you'll never miss the 2 taken away unless there is a Griner out there and if there were, she'd dump a player on scholarship now so she could sign that superstar.

8timechamps
4/12/2012, 09:42 PM
Actually, the women's teams are allowed 15 scholarships versus 13 for the men. Most women's teams don't even have the full allotment of 15 scholarships. So, if you have 12 players on scholarship now, you'll never miss the 2 taken away unless there is a Griner out there and if there were, she'd dump a player on scholarship now so she could sign that superstar.

The information I have is from the National Collegate Sports Association:

Basketball is a head count sport for both men and women in NCAA D1, which means all scholarships are full scholarships. In all other divisions, basketball is considered an equivalency sport, which means that coaches can divide the value of the total scholarships allotted to them between as many players as they see fit.

Men’s Basketball

NCAA D1: 13
NCAA D2: 10
NAIA: 17
NJCAA: 15

Women’s Basketball

NCAA D1: 13
NCAA D2: 9
NAIA: 12
NJCAA: 24

Has that changed recently? (Serious question, I don't know).

At a NJCAA or NAIA (or even D2 in most cases) level, I would agree that 2 scholly losses isn't as bad a deal, however, in a competitive major D1 conference, not being able to offer a full ride to a highly recruited player is a major loss. Having said that, if the scholly limits are at 15 for women's hoops, then it obviously wouldn't mean as much (given that you are allowed 3 more scholarship players).

tycat947
4/12/2012, 10:35 PM
The information I have is from the National Collegate Sports Association:

Has that changed recently? (Serious question, I don't know).

At a NJCAA or NAIA (or even D2 in most cases) level, I would agree that 2 scholly losses isn't as bad a deal, however, in a competitive major D1 conference, not being able to offer a full ride to a highly recruited player is a major loss. Having said that, if the scholly limits are at 15 for women's hoops, then it obviously wouldn't mean as much (given that you are allowed 3 more scholarship players).

It's always been 15 scholarships for women and 13 for men as long as I can remember. Here are some links that are not NCAA so don't know why they are showing 13 for each.

http://www.ihoops.com/classroom/Guide-to-Basketball-Scholarships.htm

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/ncaa_considers_cutting_footbal.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/369089-division-i-basketball-scholarships/

http://allamericansportsrecruiting.com/NCAAIRules.aspx

8timechamps
4/13/2012, 12:55 PM
It's always been 15 scholarships for women and 13 for men as long as I can remember. Here are some links that are not NCAA so don't know why they are showing 13 for each.

http://www.ihoops.com/classroom/Guide-to-Basketball-Scholarships.htm

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/ncaa_considers_cutting_footbal.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/369089-division-i-basketball-scholarships/

http://allamericansportsrecruiting.com/NCAAIRules.aspx

Could be that the NCSA is just wrong. Well, if it's 15 schollys for the women's team, then losing two isn't as bad.

tycat947
4/13/2012, 02:50 PM
Could be that the NCSA is just wrong. Well, if it's 15 schollys for the women's team, then losing two isn't as bad.

In reality, Baylor penalized itself on scholarship reductions for 2011-12 and they only carried 13 on their roster this year so it's done. For 2012-13, they will be able to count 15.

8timechamps
4/16/2012, 07:48 PM
In reality, Baylor penalized itself on scholarship reductions for 2011-12 and they only carried 13 on their roster this year so it's done. For 2012-13, they will be able to count 15.

It's pretty common for schools to investigate and place sanctions on their programs before the NCAA finishes their investigations. What's different is that the NCAA accepted Baylor's self imposed sanction as just punishment. Usually, the schools don't do enough in the eyes of the NCAA.

4/16/2012, 08:46 PM
It's pretty common for schools to investigate and place sanctions on their programs before the NCAA finishes their investigations. What's different is that the NCAA accepted Baylor's self imposed sanction as just punishment. Usually, the schools don't do enough in the eyes of the NCAA.Maybe Skeletor has friends in the NCAA?...

tycat947
4/16/2012, 08:54 PM
Maybe Skeletor has friends in the NCAA?...

Or they are ALL scared of her???

:playful:

8timechamps
4/18/2012, 09:19 PM
Maybe Skeletor has friends in the NCAA?...

Yes

Or they are ALL scared of her???

Yes