PDA

View Full Version : This really pi$$e$ me off

Mazeppa
4/3/2012, 08:50 PM
Review, Repair, Rebuild? WTF How about REPAY?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/03/lawmakers-aghast-over-report-lavish-conference-footed-by-taxpayers/?test=latestnews

Whet
4/3/2012, 08:58 PM
They were all Obama political appointees, not career employees, that planned and put on this conference.

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 09:19 PM
No surprise. We still allow lobbying.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah Whet....it's not odd at all that some Career Employees who have known the rules for years got fired and the Folks that were appointed by Obama Resigned. To make your point....you would have thought it would have been the other way around really.

Accountability....lol

In other news....

LONDON—Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s European administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, will unveil on Wednesday a proposal to expedite the return of as much as $22 billion of assets to the failed bank's unsecured creditors.

The plan, called the "consensual approach," would see the majority of unsecured creditor claims agreed by the end of the year and cash distributed in 2011. In comparison, the traditional bilateral approach would take years to implement.
"What we are trying to do here is pretty avant garde," said Steven Pearson, joint administrator of Lehman Brothers International (Europe), known as LBIE, and ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704009804575308743132943172.html?m od=WSJ_hps_LEFTWhatsNews

MamaMia
4/4/2012, 12:40 AM
Obama later was told of the findings and demanded accountability. This... coming from Lavish Date Nights with my wife Obama? He has a lot of room to talk. Sending the kids off with Grandma, popping some corn and watching a movie is good enough for most of us; or at least doing something local that doesn't involve Air Force One and an army of Secret Service personnel.

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 12:48 AM
This... coming from Lavish Date Nights with my wife Obama? He has a lot of room to talk. Sending the kids off with Grandma, popping some corn and watching a movie is good enough for most of us; or at least doing something local that doesn't involve Air Force One and an army of Secret Service personnel.

Having a military Pilot land you on an air craft carrier for a Mission Accomplished Photo Op and then turning a Military Win into a Ten year Occupation < than the POTUS taking his Wife out for dinner.

ROTF

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 12:52 AM
Also...sitting in the White House doing the job the American People hired me to do would be good enough for me. I'd even have a bag of popcorn every now and then.

What I don't get is dragging the Secret Service to Crawford Texas once a month so I could do some brush clearing on the Ranch when I know I will have plenty of time for that once my 2nd term is over.

That makes a lot of sense too.

MamaMia
4/4/2012, 01:04 AM
Last time I checked StoopTroup, two wrongs don't make a right, furthermore, its not Bush who is pointing the finger at people who are doing the same thing he is guilty of. Thats whats laughable. People in glass houses-He who is without Guilt...

We learn when we are little children that just because Joey does something, it doesn't make it okay for Tommy to do it, so all this 'Bush did this and Bush did that' doesn't make it okay for Obama to do it.

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 01:28 AM
Last time I checked StoopTroup, two wrongs don't make a right, furthermore, its not Bush who is pointing the finger at people who are doing the same thing he is guilty of. Thats whats laughable. People in glass houses-He who is without Guilt...

We learn when we are little children that just because Joey does something, it doesn't make it okay for Tommy to do it, so all this 'Bush did this and Bush did that' doesn't make it okay for Obama to do it.

So what's your point?

Add up the dinners with Michelle and the trips to Texas. I'll bet it has nothing to do with two wrongs don't make a right.

I bet that receipt Bush owes us is one hell of a perk.

Now...so you understand. I'm not really to unhappy that one of our Presidents did either of these....I think they deserve it as while POTUS....they pretty much have no life. If they need to take their Wife out to dinner...they should. It's a perk. Every CEO in America knows that some positions get perks. The POTUS is no exception.

I just think this whole Accountability deal starts the finger pointing. If you don't like the finger pointing....stop doing it.

You know...two wrongs don't make a right Mama.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 06:31 AM
Dont Yall Know that for every one little bitty thing the DEms an Obama do wrong, that Bush, Cheney, Reagan, Hell My Republican dog has done 20 times worse?

This is NOT about Holding anyone accountable for this crap, Its all about Who can we blame

kbsooner21
4/4/2012, 09:46 AM
Dont Yall Know that for every one little bitty thing the DEms an Obama do wrong, that Bush, Cheney, Reagan, Hell My Republican dog has done 20 times worse?

This is NOT about Holding anyone accountable for this crap, Its all about Who can we blame

Winner!

OULenexaman
4/4/2012, 10:15 AM
Review, Repair, Rebuild? WTF How about REPAY?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/03/lawmakers-aghast-over-report-lavish-conference-footed-by-taxpayers/?test=latestnews hey....it all starts with the person who appointed the person

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?167379-Always-wondered-who-hires-a-mind-reader...

C&CDean
4/4/2012, 01:03 PM
Having a military Pilot land you on an air craft carrier for a Mission Accomplished Photo Op and then turning a Military Win into a Ten year Occupation < than the POTUS taking his Wife out for dinner.

ROTF

When did you completely lose it and go off the deep end? Sheez brother, you kinda sound crazy here lately. Fellating Obama like he's really worth something and all, sounding like the rest of the loonie toons and such. Seek help if this is how you really feel.

texaspokieokie
4/4/2012, 02:37 PM
besides, Bush was in a little twin engine plane with NO secret service suburbans.

C&CDean
4/4/2012, 03:25 PM
I was in DC when Obama went to paint an apple on a school cafeteria wall down the street from the White House last year. Very minimum of perhaps 10 Million for that trip. No, I'm not exxagerating. Several helecopters, motorcycles by the dozen, police cruisers by the dozen, blocked off streets by the dozen, black SUVs by the dozen, black limos by the dozen.

Mother****er could have just put on a hoody and some shades like all the other brothers and hoofed it up there and nobody would have noticed.

sooner_born_1960
4/4/2012, 03:42 PM
Mother****er could have just put on a hoody and some shades like all the other brothers and hoofed it up there and nobody would have noticed.
Maybe a bag of skittles?

achiro
4/4/2012, 04:02 PM
When did you completely lose it and go off the deep end? Sheez brother, you kinda sound crazy here lately. Fellating Obama like he's really worth something and all, sounding like the rest of the loonie toons and such. Seek help if this is how you really feel.
This
Time to check the meds.

MamaMia
4/4/2012, 07:32 PM
So what's your point?

Add up the dinners with Michelle and the trips to Texas. I'll bet it has nothing to do with two wrongs don't make a right.

I bet that receipt Bush owes us is one hell of a perk.

Now...so you understand. I'm not really to unhappy that one of our Presidents did either of these....I think they deserve it as while POTUS....they pretty much have no life. If they need to take their Wife out to dinner...they should. It's a perk. Every CEO in America knows that some positions get perks. The POTUS is no exception.

I just think this whole Accountability deal starts the finger pointing. If you don't like the finger pointing....stop doing it.

You know...two wrongs don't make a right Mama.As a tax paying American citizen I have every right whatsoever to point my finger at what I do not like and I will continue to do so as long as I'm cutting huge checks to the IRS, the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the county where I live. I would highly appreciate Obama and whomever else, no matter the party to stop spending my money in a frivolous manner. Furthermore you will never catch me saying that one spending spree is okay because the opposition had one as well. This country is broke so the "percs" need to stop. Obama is the one at the helm now so he should tighten his belt just like he told all of us to do. Its really that simple.

cleller
4/4/2012, 07:47 PM
Getting back to the story at hand.

Whose people did this crap? I can't imagine a way to blame this on Bush, but that's predictably where the thread went. Why cannot people get over it and live in the present?

This crap has nothing to do with Bush. Though I'm not a Bush fan, his name should not be mentioned here. You want to unload on someone? Pick the people involved.

What the heck is next? Was Bush climbing up that ladder with Bruno Hauptmann? Nah, he and Lindbergh were both Nazi sympathizers.

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 08:21 PM
Bush's name keeps coming up because the way his administration functioned
did so many things wrong, with impunity, and were so long lasting that it truly
is hard to NOT blame Dubya...everything from two screwed up wars to massive
overspending with no cuts and/or revenue enhancements.

His answers, when questioned, were shrugged shoulders and smirks. I firmly
believe that history will rank him so far down the scale of effective leaders that
any thing but "F-" would be a pat on the back (or a kick in the a$$).

cleller
4/4/2012, 08:29 PM

believe that history will rank him so far down the scale of effective leaders that

So people don't like Bush. Doesn't explain why his name would be connected with this story. It happened 2 years into the Obama Administration.

There seems to be something strangely pathological with Bush blamers, a disturbing Fatal Attraction type relationship.

Whet
4/4/2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah Whet....it's not odd at all that some Career Employees who have known the rules for years got fired and the Folks that were appointed by Obama Resigned. To make your point....you would have thought it would have been the other way around really.

Accountability....lol

I really don't know where you get your misinformation about this incident. All three that were removed were political appointees - Obama's political appointees.

Robert A. Peck served as the Commissioner of Public Buildings for GSA. He was appointed to this position on August 19, 2009.
Stephen R. Leeds was appointed as Senior Counselor to the Administrator for the U.S. General Services Administration on August 10, 2009.
Martha Johnson, appointed by Obama in 2010.

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 08:49 PM
So people don't like Bush. Doesn't explain why his name would be connected with this story. It happened 2 years into the Obama Administration.

There seems to be something strangely pathological with Bush blamers, a disturbing Fatal Attraction type relationship.

Celler, you are absolutely right! When he got the nomination, I told everyone
I could think of...USA Today, Time magazine, Des Moines Register, radio stations...
(nothing printed or broadcasted) what I believed he would do!

When he said that he wouldn't talk about anything before 1974 and the frickin'
media let him get away with it, I knew that we as a country were in BIG trouble.
I worked in the oil patch and saw first hand how the "bosses" would party and
what they partied with (although I wasn't in West Texas...southern Oklahoma).

He had so much interference run for him...his daddy quashed so much...Rove
worked so much magic...I can only hope that when he meets his maker that,
well, you get my drift.

What he and his administration did in eight years will take so much more than
eight years to fix and as a free thinkin', reasonably intelligent Sooner I ain't
cuttin' him one inch of slack. He DESERVES blame, IMO no way around it!

Okay, I just stepped down from the soap box...............

Jacie
4/4/2012, 08:51 PM
So we have the previous administration to thank for allowing the current a 'bye' everytime something like this comes to light?

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 08:52 PM
I could think of...USA Today, Time magazine, Des Moines Register, radio stations...

media let him get away with it, I knew that we as a country were in BIG trouble.

well, you get my drift.

eight years to fix and as a free thinkin', reasonably intelligent Sooner I ain't

See, I tolt Yall it was ALL bush's fault

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 08:53 PM
So we have the previous administration to thank for allowing the current a 'bye' everytime something like this comes to light?

IMO, nobody gets a "bye"! If there's a screwup...nail the hide to the wall!

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 08:58 PM
I try not to talk politics (and this will undoubtedly get moved to the Obama board), and I am not a big Bush fan, but good God, we're almost a full term into Obama's run, and people still bring up the previous administration.

Please.

Regardless of what party you are involved with or support, if "your guy" has been in office for over three years, and you find yourself blaming the previous administration for everything that goes wrong, then you can't accept the fact that "your guy" isn't doing any better.

Hey, I ate Pizza Hut two weeks ago, then I had Sonic last night and got sick! Must have been that damn pizza!

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 09:00 PM
I try not to talk politics (and this will undoubtedly get moved to the Obama board), and I am not a big Bush fan, but good God, we're almost a full term into Obama's run, and people still bring up the previous administration.

Please.

Regardless of what party you are involved with or support, if "your guy" has been in office for over three years, and you find yourself blaming the previous administration for everything that goes wrong, then you can't accept the fact that "your guy" isn't doing any better.

Hey, I ate Pizza Hut two weeks ago, then I had Sonic last night and got sick! Must have been that damn pizza!

Could be, Ya know how Pizza Hut likes to hide **** in their Pies.

cleller
4/4/2012, 09:02 PM
To summarize,
The General Services Administration blew nearly $1 million on a lavish Las Vegas conference. Martha Johnson, President Obama's appointee as administrator of the agency has resigned.

Preliminary investigations point to George Bush as being the culprit, assisted by Dwight Eisenhower, and Harry Truman.

cleller
4/4/2012, 09:04 PM

well, you get my drift.

Just don't boil any rabbits.

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 09:09 PM
Could be, Ya know how Pizza Hut likes to hide **** in their Pies.

I don't they even "hide" it anymore...

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:12 PM
Well, Champ, Pizza Hut notwithstanding, not making a comment one way or
the other about "my guy". My point was to emphasize the damage that Dubya
did and how long lasting it is. Clinton took until six years in and stealing Pubs
ideas to "fix" a lot of Reagan/Bush the Elder problems.

I'm of the belief that ANY administration's missteps take a long time to correct
and to not recognize those failings is intellectually missing the point and not
putting blame where it belongs.

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:16 PM
To summarize,
The General Services Administration blew nearly $1 million on a lavish Las Vegas conference. Martha Johnson, President Obama's appointee as administrator of the agency has resigned.

Preliminary investigations point to George Bush as being the culprit, assisted by Dwight Eisenhower, and Harry Truman.

Nah, Ike and Harry weren't involved.. the blame comes after...I heard LBJ had a lot of parties
at his ranch,(when Lady Bird was out of town.)

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 09:18 PM
I don't they even "hide" it anymore...
There is that
I think its the shrooms tho

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 09:18 PM
Well, Champ, Pizza Hut notwithstanding, not making a comment one way or
the other about "my guy". My point was to emphasize the damage that Dubya
did and how long lasting it is. Clinton took until six years in and stealing Pubs
ideas to "fix" a lot of Reagan/Bush the Elder problems.

I'm of the belief that ANY administration's missteps take a long time to correct
and to not recognize those failings is intellectually missing the point and not
putting blame where it belongs.

I wasn't pointing you out specifically with the "your guy" thing, I was meaning it to be a general statement (regarding whomever sits in the WH). Interesting that you first mentioned all the things G. W. Bush did wrong, and how Obama was dealing with his mistakes, then in your last post referenced how it took Clinton so long to deal with the former Bush and Reagan's mistakes. Methinks you wear very dark shaded democrat glasses.

Again, almost a full term into Obama's run, and people still blame the struggle our nation finds itself in on Bush. Was Obama's plan an 8 year plan all along, and I just didn't get the memo?

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 09:20 PM
Nah, Ike and Harry weren't involved.. the blame comes after...I heard LBJ had a lot of parties
at his ranch,(when Lady Bird was out of town.)

I remember when LBJ broke his arm that time he fell out of Lady Birds nest

cleller
4/4/2012, 09:28 PM
Again, almost a full term into Obama's run, and people still blame the struggle our nation finds itself in on Bush. Was Obama's plan an 8 year plan all along, and I just didn't get the memo?

Its pretty sad when you are up for re-election and your campaign is still focused on "I'll be better than the last guy-and by that I mean the guy that was president before I was last time...."

Anyway, One More Time, the thing that pissed off the OP was a big waste of taxpayer money in 2010, overseen by an Obama appointee. Can there be any sane reason to try and blame someone who was not employed by the government at the time? The GSA boss resigned, at least she knows where blame should fall.

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:29 PM
I wasn't pointing you out specifically with the "your guy" thing, I was meaning it to be a general statement (regarding whomever sits in the WH). Interesting that you first mentioned all the things G. W. Bush did wrong, and how Obama was dealing with his mistakes, then in your last post referenced how it took Clinton so long to deal with the former Bush and Reagan's mistakes. Methinks you wear very dark shaded democrat glasses.

Well, my shades aren't dark but they are Dem. My point about Clinton was to show that each
succeeding administration has to "fix" what the previous one messed up.

As for Dubya and Obama "fixing" what he did...it could be argued that it IS an eight year plan
to undo a lot of the mess...at least the wars...

And the memo, well, most of those who get to be POTUS usually plan on an eight year stay.
True this, Obama is certainly not blameless in this....

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 09:39 PM
Well, my shades aren't dark but they are Dem. My point about Clinton was to show that each
succeeding administration has to "fix" what the previous one messed up.

As for Dubya and Obama "fixing" what he did...it could be argued that it IS an eight year plan
to undo a lot of the mess...at least the wars...

And the memo, well, most of those who get to be POTUS usually plan on an eight year stay.
True this, Obama is certainly not blameless in this....

I've already waded too far into the political waters (since I typically avoid political conversation on the innernetz anyway).

What I will agree with you about is that two wars have really put us in a tough financial situation. Place the blame on Bush for getting us in, and on Obama for keeping us there....whichever you like, I would just like us out.

Anyway, I'm on to post about boobies and football.

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:43 PM
I've already waded too far into the political waters (since I typically avoid political conversation on the innernetz anyway).

What I will agree with you about is that two wars have really put us in a tough financial situation. Place the blame on Bush for getting us in, and on Obama for keeping us there....whichever you like, I would just like us out.

Where ya gonna post about boobies? Football is second:playful:

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:44 PM

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 09:46 PM

Usually right here...

Just keep in mind I'm posting about boobies....I'm not posting boobies. :D

rock on sooner
4/4/2012, 09:47 PM
Usually right here...

Oh, and I agree that we need to get the he!! out and now!!

Aw, shoot, no pix?

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 10:28 PM
no boobies...but I found this:

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/4/3/e845ac72-9d74-405e-ae68-08c17fe881d0.gif

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 10:37 PM
no boobies...but I found this:

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/4/3/e845ac72-9d74-405e-ae68-08c17fe881d0.gif

Saw that the other night. Bro has mad skillz....LOL

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 10:38 PM
Usually right here...

Did you see my question in the suggestion forum? :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?167391-Since-the-ads-on-the-board-are-for-prostitutes....&p=3467319#post3467319

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 10:55 PM
Did you see my question in the suggestion forum? :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?167391-Since-the-ads-on-the-board-are-for-prostitutes....&p=3467319#post3467319

Not until now...anyway, I figured a skateboarding prez was a pretty good compromise.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/5/2012, 10:08 AM

You're probably right, but the Obama apologists' motto seems to be Hey, he's not as bad as Bush. That's not exactly a lofty goal there bubba.

rock on sooner
4/5/2012, 10:59 AM
You're probably right, but the Obama apologists' motto seems to be Hey, he's not as bad as Bush. That's not exactly a lofty goal there bubba.

Don't paint me with an apologists brush cause I'm ticked at Obama for not doing more sooner.
I think he could have done more sooner (before the 2010 TEA Party party) with energy, pushed
harder on the two wars, done a better job with the ACA (at least better at explaining what's
good about it instead of letting the Pubs get away with so much negative yapping) as well
as going on a broader front after the recession and jobs (specifically, creating an infrastructure
task force to create jobs fixing our highways & bridges).

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2012, 12:03 PM
They were all Obama political appointees, not career employees, that planned and put on this conference.

Not surprised, everything about the O'Bummer admin is do as I say, not as I do...

OULenexaman
4/5/2012, 12:23 PM
Don't paint me with an apologists brush cause I'm ticked at Obama for not doing more sooner.
I think he could have done more sooner (before the 2010 TEA Party party) with energy, pushed
harder on the two wars, done a better job with the ACA (at least better at explaining what's
good about it instead of letting the Pubs get away with so much negative yapping) as well
as going on a broader front after the recession and jobs (specifically, creating an infrastructure
task force to create jobs fixing our highways & bridges). HEY!!! He was busy!! Damn man you can't do all that and run a world wide apology tour and take lavish vacations all time and get all that **** done you wanted. Give a brotha some slack jack!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
4/5/2012, 12:29 PM

I'd wouldn't paint you with an apologists' brush. Now Kate Upton, I'd paint her with any brush. Real slow.

rock on sooner
4/5/2012, 12:32 PM
HEY!!! He was busy!! Damn man you can't do all that and run a world wide apology tour and take lavish vacations all time and get all that **** done you wanted. Give a brotha some slack jack!!!

Sorry, I was overcome remembering why he was elected....

OULenexaman
4/5/2012, 12:33 PM
and so is he...

rock on sooner
4/5/2012, 12:34 PM

Umm, can I hold the, uh," paint can"?

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 12:34 PM
This must be payback for that report about the State run GOP Junket to Hawaii they did a couple years ago. They started interviewing them all about how the trip was and they all talked about what a great time they were having and how lavishly they were being treated and then the reporter took a 180 and started asking them if they thought it was right that the State pay for all of it. I think some of them said yes.

Then you have this....

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.
The right wing has been outraged at the four million dollar plus price tag for Obama’s family Christmas vacation, and they constantly hold George W. Bush up as an example of how thrifty a president should be when going on vacation.
The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president (http://www.politicususa.com/en/obama-bush-vacation), but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.
During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 (http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/05/air_force_one_68000_an_hour.html) an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated (http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008050054) that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.
If cost of the flight was the only expense involved to taxpayers Bush’s vacations would still seem rather economical, but there is more, much more. Unlike the Obama’s $4 million Christmas vacation price tag (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/20/obama-hawaii-vacation-cos_n_1158825.html), which includes the cost of everything from transportation to accommodations for the First Family, the White House staff, and the White House press corps, Bush’s numbers only include the cost of flying the president to Crawford. The cost of transporting and accommodating staff, media, friends and family is not included in Bush’s vacation numbers.
In response to growing criticism that the president was on vacation too much, the Bush administration adopted the Rovian tactic of scheduling, “work events,” while the president was in Crawford so that they could claim that President Bush’s vacations were working vacations. During his infamous pre-9/11 August vacation, the AP reported (http://www.caller2.com/2001/august/04/today/national/7293.html)that, “Using the ranch as a base, he will promote White House initiatives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and San Antonio.”

http://www.politicususa.com/cost-obama-christmas-vacation-bush/

Which pissed me off then and still pisses me off now. Somethings may not seem like they are changing but from what I can tell...even though this Obama Administration looks bad and that some folks didn't follow procedure....they did get fired and the one in charge resigned. I think that's maybe a little progress? Seems we the people can affect change?

rock on sooner
4/5/2012, 12:36 PM
I'd wouldn't paint you with an apologists' brush. Now Kate Upton, I'd paint her with any brush. Real slow.

Oops, meant to bracket the Kate post....

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 12:41 PM

Hey maybe your right and we should throw Obama out. Who's going to get him out of there? Romney? The guy has an elevator for his cars. Maybe he'll use his own money to buy new China for the White House instead of the age old tradition of allowing the 1st lady to design what she wants and tag the cost to the American People. I don't believe that is going to happen until We the People put a stop to it. Laura Bush did it. Hillary did it. Michelle did it. There are so many perks that we give the Presidents. There is a part of me that understands the outrage when times are tough but then there is a part of me that thinks that maybe that's a part of the budget for the Executive Branch and that some of those traditions maybe need to stay in place.

Soonerjeepman
4/5/2012, 12:55 PM
There is a part of me that understands the outrage when times are tough but then there is a part of me that thinks that maybe that's a part of the budget for the Executive Branch and that some of those traditions maybe need to stay in place.

umm...NO, first, I can't stand obama's agenda...I teach in an urban school and most of the folks here love him..because "he's going to give me money"...yes their EXACT quote...but besides that..YES ALL presidents waste money...I don't care who is in office IT ALL NEEDS TO STOP...I have $30 at the end of each paycheck for "fun" stuff"....and I don't live lavishly...rehabing a HUD house after my divorce...

We as the American People need to stand up to ALL politicians...imho...

C&CDean
4/5/2012, 01:17 PM
Blame it on Mary Todd Lincoln. That bitch made the current first ho look po.

rock on sooner
4/5/2012, 01:52 PM

Now, THAT'S stretching the blame waaaaayyy back..

cccasooner2
4/5/2012, 02:11 PM
"There is a part of me that understands the outrage when times are tough ........"

There should be outrage no matter the good or bad times. The childhood fables of yore were more than just stories, there was sensible wisdom interwoven into them. Most people can see no more than the pleasures residing in their crotch to pay any attention to such things however.

Mazeppa
4/5/2012, 08:51 PM

If he'd done more sooner we would all be living under a bridge and eating pork and beans (without the pork) and living on food stamps. and doing exactly what we are told to do.

TitoMorelli
4/5/2012, 09:15 PM

Hasn't done enough with energy? Hell, how many insolvent green technology companies do you want him to sink our money into?

StoopTroup
4/6/2012, 12:20 AM
I'm playing "Can you make Bill O'Rielly pay $4.00 for a Shrimp".

StoopTroup
4/6/2012, 12:22 AM
Also...who names their Daughter Todd? Was Lincoln Ghey? NTTAWWT

diverdog
4/6/2012, 02:47 AM
I really don't know where you get your misinformation about this incident. All three that were removed were political appointees - Obama's political appointees.

Robert A. Peck served as the Commissioner of Public Buildings for GSA. He was appointed to this position on August 19, 2009.
Stephen R. Leeds was appointed as Senior Counselor to the Administrator for the U.S. General Services Administration on August 10, 2009.
Martha Johnson, appointed by Obama in 2010.

And he fired them for their stupidity. End of story.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2012, 08:51 AM

Only after the story broke and almost a year after he was informed...O'Bummer an a$$ again...

Mazeppa
4/6/2012, 10:09 PM
Only after the story broke and almost a year after he was informed...O'Bummer an a$$ again...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/05/video-shows-officials-joking-about-cost-lavish-conference/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

soonercruiser
4/6/2012, 11:09 PM

That dress really did make her look bigger!
(Lincoln was right! She shouldn't have shot him for it!)

cleller
4/7/2012, 06:07 PM
$6000.00 for commemorative coins for the conference. A commemorative coin for a conference? Better hold on to those, they could be would something someday.

StoopTroup
4/8/2012, 12:44 AM
I have $30 at the end of each paycheck for "fun" stuff"....and I don't live lavishly...rehabing a HUD house after my divorce...

We as the American People need to stand up to ALL politicians...imho...

Sorry to hear you are divorced. I'm not sure what that has to do with Obama spending money. He's actually asking the rich to pay more taxes not you. As far as the HUD House is concerned....that's tough. Real Estate is tough right now. Pouring your own labor into a Home is still a pretty big gamble for little reward.

I think "We the People" did stand up to the Politicians....we put the 1st African American President into office after losing faith in our last two term President's Political Party. McCain tried to use Status Quo in his Campaign and a little Sarah Palin to spice it up a bit and he got hammered.

Now....if Obama was to get beat in running for his 2nd term....all I hear is Romney saying he's going to spend even more money to repeal stuff his Party let slide into place during the Obama Administration while they tried to create gridlock. If you are going to create Gridlock....how the heck does Obamacare get passed? It gets passed because of strategy. You let him pass it. Then you complain constantly how it's going to bankrupt the Country when you know the 43rd POTUS did that already. You continue to complain that you had no input into it but then try and elect a guy (Romney) that installed a type of Obamacare in his State as Governor.

Now I understand you are concerned that the folks you work with voted for Obama because they think they are going to get money....but did they get money? No. Not a Dime.

I think maybe you ought to quit working so hard on the House and maybe take more walks or just some breathing exercises.

SCOUT
4/8/2012, 01:34 AM
Stoop, please explain how the Democrats tried to work with the Republicans on ACA.

sappstuf
4/8/2012, 07:04 AM

Then he probably hired them when they were stupid...

diverdog
4/8/2012, 07:17 AM
Then he probably hired them when they were stupid...

Sapp this stuff happens all the time under all administrations. The President has very little knowledge of the day to day operations of any department. As bad as this sounds it is a drop in the bucket compared to things like cost over runs in DOD or a design flaw on a bridge project. People are upset over $850,000 because they understand that number. $25 billion they do not understand.

And to put things in perspective this party cost the average taxpayer about .0085 cents.

sappstuf
4/8/2012, 07:26 AM
Sapp this stuff happens all the time under all administrations. The President has very little knowledge of the day to day operations of any department. As bad as this sounds it is a drop in the bucket compared to things like cost over runs in DOD or a design flaw on a bridge project. People are upset over $850,000 because they understand that number. $25 billion they do not understand.

Or the trillion dollar deficits until the country collapses with Obama's own budget projections....

diverdog
4/8/2012, 07:32 AM
Or the trillion dollar deficits until the country collapses with Obama's own budget projections....

And a lot of that is paying for tax cuts, interest on the deficit, declining tax revenues and two wars. Those cost would hit us no matter who is in office and as long as the Republicans won't raise taxes and cut defense spending then we will continue with trillion dollar deficits. You can substitute Democrats and entitlement spending in my previous sentence.

sappstuf
4/8/2012, 07:52 AM
And a lot of that is paying for tax cuts, interest on the deficit, declining tax revenues and two wars. Those cost would hit us no matter who is in office and as long as the Republicans won't raise taxes and cut defense spending then we will continue with trillion dollar deficits. You can substitute Democrats and entitlement spending in my previous sentence.

The cost of 2 wars isn't projected out... We are in 1 war and scheduled to pull out in 2014. Before the year ends, we will be down to about 65K troops in the country, which really isn't that much. So why does Obama's own rosy projections include trillion dollar deficits forever?

Of course, it is somewhat silly to talk about Obama's budget proposals.. His last two budget proposals have been voted down a combined 511-0...
The man knows how to build a consensus.

diverdog
4/8/2012, 08:10 AM
The cost of 2 wars isn't projected out... We are in 1 war and scheduled to pull out in 2014. Before the year ends, we will be down to about 65K troops in the country, which really isn't that much. So why does Obama's own rosy projections include trillion dollar deficits forever?

Of course, it is somewhat silly to talk about Obama's budget proposals.. His last two budget proposals have been voted down a combined 511-0...
The man knows how to build a consensus.

We still have significant expenses in both theaters (Afghanistan & Iraq). You know this.

The Presidents was voted down by the Republicans because it had tax increases for the weathly and the Democrats voted it down because it cut to much spending. This proves to me no one in Washington is serious about cutting the deficit.

sappstuf
4/8/2012, 10:52 PM
We still have significant expenses in both theaters (Afghanistan & Iraq). You know this.

The Presidents was voted down by the Republicans because it had tax increases for the weathly and the Democrats voted it down because it cut to much spending. This proves to me no one in Washington is serious about cutting the deficit.

Iraq is budget dust..

If you will recall, Boehner and even Cantor were ready to move forward with $800 billion in tax increases, including letting the top tier of Bush tax cuts go up if the Dems would agree to entitlement reform. It didn't happen..

So you are half right, Dems don't want to cut spending. Ryan's new plan cuts $5 trillion in debt from Obama's budget, but still puts us $5 trillion more in debt over the ten years.. Obama responded by saying the Ryan plan would cause "hundreds of national parks to close". There are only 58. Apparently Repubs are so mean they want to close each national park at least 3 times just to get the point across.. Or Obama's demagoguery is reaching new heights because he has no plan of his own. I will go with B.

And the Buffett rule I keep hearing about from the Dems.. They have put so much time and effort into selling it, that it must close the deficit down significantly, right? Uhh...

http://www.politicalmathblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buffet_Rule_Summary.png

I'm not even sure you can call that budget dust... It doesn't even come close to covering the estimated $250 billion annual cost of Obamacare once it is up and running. The sad thing is that it is the best plan Obama has, which just proves how fundamentally unserious about the deficit he is.

Midtowner
4/8/2012, 11:30 PM
The "Buffett rule" is way too moderate. Needs to be put on some steroids and we need to be downright punitive with STCG taxes.

StoopTroup
4/8/2012, 11:56 PM

Which was because he wasn't Republican.

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 12:08 AM
Stoop, please explain how the Democrats tried to work with the Republicans on ACA.

It's late and this has been a busy weekend. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about. Is this in response to a certain post?

Give me a little direction. Maybe some date and times and which Dems and Pubs are you talking about?

sappstuf
4/9/2012, 12:29 AM
The "Buffett rule" is way too moderate. Needs to be put on some steroids and we need to be downright punitive with STCG taxes.

Aren't they scheduled to go up next year to 39.6%? How much more punitive does it need to be?

Do you care if revenue drops when this happens?

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 01:04 AM
I know revenues are key to any business but if they don't exist because of taxes going up a few percentage points does that mean we should panic that the revenue sky is falling and that our Country is doomed?

I know butt loads of corporations are trying to say that they promise to invest in America if we promise to not tax them for the profits they made moving their operations out of America. That's like a slap in the face to the Companies that stayed and tried to continue doing business in America and continuing to believe that our Country would get through the tough times instead of moving their trade secrets abroad for massive profits.

I would love to take every bit of dough I had and invest it in American Jobs with a guarntee I didn't have to pay taxes. Why should some Corporation that has become a traitor to it's own people get any kind of tax break for coming back Home?

They are probably close to coming Home now anyway as there isn't any place in the World better to spend your money than the good ole USA but wouldn't be cool if you could save yourself 36.9% if you could convince the idiots who think Romney will be a better POTUS than the guy who wants to make you pay to transfer your dough back from the Caymen Islands or wherever they have it all stashed?

We need the money for our Infrastructure and our Military. This War will wrap up before the 2016 Elections and our Country needs these outsiders who left America High n Dry to pay their share back to America and prove that they are patriots instead of Capitalists who would sell there passport to any Country that would raise their bottom line by 2%-10%.

I don't think the hysteria that it will ruin people is true and if things get to the point where it's not needed and spork is so out of hand that it needs to be changed....it can be changed in 2016 and might make a great platform for the next party to recall it.

This War in the Middle East didn't yield us any spoils of War. It was in response to mad men that tried to hurt our Country not some Wealthy Country that was declaring War like Hitler did. It cost us all. We all should pay into replenishing our Coutry and reducing our National Debt. Blaming a sitting President for it is shameful and it has divided our Country.

I think raising these taxes is a part of getting us back together as Americans.

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 01:11 AM
BTW...should I win the Powerball on Weds. Night, I might change my mind. :D ;)

Midtowner
4/9/2012, 01:28 AM
Aren't they scheduled to go up next year to 39.6%? How much more punitive does it need to be?

Do you care if revenue drops when this happens?

That's on the high end of the income for the taxpayer. Basically, STCG will be taxed at the same rate as everything else.

Of course that tax hike will never happen. It's an election year and neither side can afford to pass the opportunity up to extend this cut which primarily benefits the very wealthy.

sappstuf
4/9/2012, 06:34 AM
That's on the high end of the income for the taxpayer. Basically, STCG will be taxed at the same rate as everything else.

Of course that tax hike will never happen. It's an election year and neither side can afford to pass the opportunity up to extend this cut which primarily benefits the very wealthy.

I didn't know we needed to worry about STCGs at the lower end of the income bracket...

Why wouldn't that tax hike happen? Obama has been railing against the rich for the last year and a half.. He would have to pass the Buffett rule. He doesn't have to lift a finger for the Bush tax cuts to expire.

It would probably be good for his base as well.

Midtowner
4/9/2012, 06:37 AM
I didn't know we needed to worry about STCGs at the lower end of the income bracket...

Why wouldn't that tax hike happen? Obama has been railing against the rich for the last year and a half.. He would have to pass the Buffett rule. He doesn't have to lift a finger for the Bush tax cuts to expire.

It would probably be good for his base as well.

Because Obama and other politicians are rather notorious for saying one thing, then doing another. Most Americans don't know what the capital gains tax is and how it is inequitable where the middle class is concerned.

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 07:44 AM
I know revenues are key to any business but if they don't exist because of taxes going up a few percentage points does that mean we should panic that the revenue sky is falling and that our Country is doomed?

I know butt loads of corporations are trying to say that they promise to invest in America if we promise to not tax them for the profits they made moving their operations out of America. That's like a slap in the face to the Companies that stayed and tried to continue doing business in America and continuing to believe that our Country would get through the tough times instead of moving their trade secrets abroad for massive profits.

I would love to take every bit of dough I had and invest it in American Jobs with a guarntee I didn't have to pay taxes. Why should some Corporation that has become a traitor to it's own people get any kind of tax break for coming back Home?

They are probably close to coming Home now anyway as there isn't any place in the World better to spend your money than the good ole USA but wouldn't be cool if you could save yourself 36.9% if you could convince the idiots who think Romney will be a better POTUS than the guy who wants to make you pay to transfer your dough back from the Caymen Islands or wherever they have it all stashed?

We need the money for our Infrastructure and our Military. This War will wrap up before the 2016 Elections and our Country needs these outsiders who left America High n Dry to pay their share back to America and prove that they are patriots instead of Capitalists who would sell there passport to any Country that would raise their bottom line by 2%-10%.

I don't think the hysteria that it will ruin people is true and if things get to the point where it's not needed and spork is so out of hand that it needs to be changed....it can be changed in 2016 and might make a great platform for the next party to recall it.

This War in the Middle East didn't yield us any spoils of War. It was in response to mad men that tried to hurt our Country not some Wealthy Country that was declaring War like Hitler did. It cost us all. We all should pay into replenishing our Coutry and reducing our National Debt. Blaming a sitting President for it is shameful and it has divided our Country.

I think raising these taxes is a part of getting us back together as Americans.

Raising taxes will get us back together as Americans.

Wow, who knew raising taxes was the key to getting us Americans back together??? I bet we could have stopped the Civil War and everything if we'd only raised taxes. We didn't need to go through the civil rights era - we could have just raised taxes and brought us all together.

What kind of mental state must one be in to type something like that?

okie52
4/9/2012, 09:00 AM

You obviously haven't noticed with your blinders on that Obama has been sending thousands of jobs overseas.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2012, 09:51 AM

Why do you hate successful people?

Midtowner
4/9/2012, 11:02 AM
Why do you hate successful people?

Why do you hate the middle class so much?

Midtowner
4/9/2012, 11:02 AM
You obviously haven't noticed with your blinders on that Obama has been sending thousands of jobs overseas.

At least he has talked about ending the tax subsidies for doing so. The Republican House would never agree to raise taxes in any way, so that's pretty much off the table at this point.

sappstuf
4/9/2012, 11:11 AM
At least he has talked about ending the tax subsidies for doing so. The Republican House would never agree to raise taxes in any way, so that's pretty much off the table at this point.

Because Obama and other politicians are rather notorious for saying one thing, then doing another.

Do tell...

pphilfran
4/9/2012, 11:44 AM
Raise the SS limit to 140k

STCG at 40-50% (I bet I don't get flack on this)...LTCG at no more than 20% (gag), raise the security ownership time from from 1 year to 2 years to be eligible for LTCG rate

Go back to Clinton levels on all tax brackets

I would start slashing loopholes...
No interest deduction on loans for 2nd homes
Eliminate (or greatly reduce) the deduction for homes over 1 mill...maybe 2 mill...(I could work with ya on the limit for this one)
Slash energy tax credits...some will be acceptable and can be left but other need to go the way of the Dodo bird...

Those items should get about 25% of the needed revenue increase.... lol

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2012, 11:53 AM
Why do you hate the middle class so much?

I don't, I am one, but I want to be rich... so lay off my EARNED money, make non-taxpayers pay some tax and reduce the fed tax burden so I can make it to the rich category, last but not least, stop the Federal wealth distribution scheme to people who have done nothing to earn the wealth...

okie52
4/9/2012, 11:54 AM

No, he has been for ending the tax writeoffs for those keeping the jobs here.

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 11:55 AM
I don't, I am one, but I want to be rich... so lay off my EARNED money, make non-taxpayers pay some tax and reduce the fed tax burden so I can make it to the rich category, last but not least, stop the Federal wealth distribution scheme to people who have done nothing to earn the wealth...

As a middle class, working, tax-paying person myself, this is what I say.

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2012, 12:05 PM

ROTF

Not even any comparison...and anyone trying to compare the two is just flat out ****ing stupid!

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2012, 12:07 PM
Raising taxes will get us back together as Americans.

Wow, who knew raising taxes was the key to getting us Americans back together??? I bet we could have stopped the Civil War and everything if we'd only raised taxes. We didn't need to go through the civil rights era - we could have just raised taxes and brought us all together.

What kind of mental state must one be in to type something like that?

I think you already know the answer to that question.

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 12:11 PM
Yep-yep!

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 12:14 PM
ST does serve up a reason to check his posts out though. There for a while I was ignoring them almost entirely. Now unless they're one of his book-length manifestos I feel compelled to at least scan them to see what kind of totally off the rails comment he might make. It's like the proverbial train wreck -you know you shouldn't watch it, but you want to see exactly how big a disaster it's going to be.

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2012, 12:23 PM
ST does serve up a reason to check his posts out though. There for a while I was ignoring them almoat entirely. Now unless they're one of his book-length manifestos I feel compelled to at least scan them to see what kind of totally off the rails comment he might make. It's like the proverbial train wreck -you know you shouldn't watch it, but you want to see exactly how big a disaster it's going to be.

All I gots to say about ST is:

I pray that God protects him and guides him and his family. He does have a very good family. He and I do not see eye to eye, but I do think he is a good man.

Just hope he can get whatever is ailing him corrected and his get the fog out of his mind!

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 12:25 PM
All I gots to say about ST is:

I pray that God protects him and guides him and his family. He does have a very good family. He and I do not see eye to eye, but I do think he is a good man.

Just hope he can get whatever is ailing him corrected and his get the fog out of his mind!

I agree with this. The current ST is much different than the one who used to post here.

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 11:16 PM

This from someone who begged me to get along with him?

See where personal attacks go Tim?

Now, even though I've retracted my comments you have Okie to thank for it remaining on the internet.

That is...unless he's smart enough to edit his thread.

okie52
4/10/2012, 12:26 AM
Well ST I am glad you have partially come to your senses.

I do appreciate the novels that you post here but it would be nice to see the Cliff Notes versions.

okie52
4/10/2012, 12:28 AM
ST does serve up a reason to check his posts out though. There for a while I was ignoring them almost entirely. Now unless they're one of his book-length manifestos I feel compelled to at least scan them to see what kind of totally off the rails comment he might make. It's like the proverbial train wreck -you know you shouldn't watch it, but you want to see exactly how big a disaster it's going to be.

Lol. Never say in a sentence what can be stretched to 10 pages.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 12:59 AM
Glad to see we're not getting personal.

How's that saying go. Don't start no chit won't be no chit. Tim really sucks at that.

Also it's funny how you jump into something you don't no chit about.

Shows real character.

okie52
4/10/2012, 01:11 AM
How's that saying go. Don't start no chit won't be no chit. Tim really sucks at that.

Also it's funny how you jump into something you don't no chit about.

Shows real character.

Well if you're going to post it on the Internet then it is hardly a private matter...although it appears it should have been.

And, yeah, speaking about character.....

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 12:55 PM
I'm going to retract some of this as I know Okie is just an internet dumbass that can't help but mind his own business.

OULenexaman
4/10/2012, 01:06 PM
this thread title works for both topics here......

Mississippi Sooner
4/10/2012, 01:13 PM
I like the word koozie. It sounds dirty but it really isn't. Kinda like kumquat.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 01:24 PM
I like steak. I prefer it medium-rare to bordering on rare.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 01:30 PM
Probably some mad cow Bill. You better look it over.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 01:38 PM

I often wondered where the hell your responses came from.

So everything for Bill is just a drive by based in something he might have read, didn't read or completely didn't want to read but felt comfortable enough to thread jack.

You again have proved you usually don't know squat about what you are talking about but as long as it starts up a bunch of trouble on the board or attracts your 3 most favorite posters your work is done.

God forbid you ever say anything with good intentions.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 01:41 PM
Bill just in case you didn't read through that last post I'll post the summation for you.

God forbid you ever post anything with good intentions

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 01:45 PM
I often wondered where the hell your responses came from.

So everything for Bill is just a drive by based in something he might have read, didn't read or completely didn't want to read but felt comfortable enough to thread jack.

You again have proved you usually don't know squat about what you are talking about but as long as it starts up a bunch of trouble on the board or attracts your 3 most favorite posters your work is done.

God forbid you ever say anything with good intentions.

I sometimes have good intentions, but that's less fun. And I really didn't start any trouble with you until you took it upon yourself to be condescending regarding things I know much more about than you. But hey, I know you're waking up in a different world each day here lately, so I prolly should cut you some slack.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 01:46 PM
...and BTW there ST: you used to be in good with those same 3 or 4 posters I apparently play to...what happened with that?

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 01:50 PM
...and lastly: I'm about to sign off for the day, but if you'll write me a manifesto how you're right and I'm wrong, and those other posters are wrong, I might read it tomorrow.

8timechamps
4/10/2012, 02:01 PM
...and lastly: I'm about to sign off for the day, but if you'll write me a manifesto how you're right and I'm wrong, and those other posters are wrong, I might read it tomorrow.

I imagine it's in the works...

okie52
4/10/2012, 02:15 PM
I'm going to retract some of this as I know Okie is just an internet dumbass that can't help but mind his own business.

LOL. So why did you retract it?

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 03:14 PM
Because Tim's silence speaks volumes and I don't consider him a bad guy, i just think he should have a little more respect for someone who really doesn't wish him harm or a tough life. I still do have a little respect for him but he has some issues and I think he should take a long look in the mirror before commenting on me.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 03:18 PM
I imagine it's in the works...

Not really. I know how Bill is. He's a thread jacker and sometimes he's even funny. At the end of he day I know I'll probably never see him slither out of his hole to actually get to know anyone on this board.

I'm quite surprized that Tim found his balls long enough to try and put me down for absolutely no reason though.

achiro
4/10/2012, 03:48 PM
Wow, somebody must have struck a nerve.

StoopTroup
4/10/2012, 05:37 PM
Wow, somebody must have struck a nerve.

Ya think?

usmc-sooner
4/10/2012, 06:47 PM
Stoop should check out World of Warcraft

achiro
4/10/2012, 07:34 PM