PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells reporters how to cover his positions!

Whet
4/3/2012, 08:44 PM
Creepy!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/03/obama_instructs_journalists_on_how_to_report_his_p ositions.html

"This bears on your reporting," President Obama said to journalists. "I think that there is oftentimes the impulse to suggest that if the two parties are disagreeing then they're equally at fault and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. And an equivalence is presented which I think reinforces peoples' cynicism about Washington in general. This is not one of those situations where there's an equivalency."

"As all of you are doing your reporting, I think it's important to remember that the positions that I am taking now on the budget and a host of other issues. if we had been having this discussion 20 years ago or even 15 years ago … would've been considered squarely centrist positions," Obama said a few moments later.

All the reporters in attendance rose in unison and began chanting "Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama. We love you Obama!"

Whet
4/3/2012, 08:47 PM
Event the head of AP (All Propaganda) provided a campaign speech for their great one:

Associated Press Chief Offers Lavish Praise for Obama

Dean Singleton, chairman of the Associated Press board, introduced President Obama this afternoon at a speech to news editors in Washington. But Singleton didn’t just tell the audience the president was the next speaker—the supposed newsman offered lavish praise for the Democratic president.

“President Obama made history as the first minority to be elected president,” said Singleton. “Even many who opposed his election felt proud of our country as he took the oath of office.”

Singleton went on to detail the challenges Obama faced, much in the same way Obama himself details his own presidency (the transcript is rushed, there may be small errors):
As president, he inherited the headwinds of the worst economic recession since the great depression. He pushed through congress the biggest economic recovery plan history and what a government reorganization of two of the big three American automakers to save them from oblivion. He pursued domestic and foreign policy agendas that are controversial to many, highlighted by his signature into law of the most comprehensive health care legislation in history. The budget plan's proposed by the president on the one hand and republicans on the other hand are not even on the same planet. Many democrats believe his agenda doesn't go far enough and many republicans believe it goes way too far. While we fought be to doubt -- while we thought the 2008 white house race was rough and tumble, the 2012 race makes it look like bumper cars by comparison our country has become even more polarized. The 1 percent and the 99 percent are at each other's throats. Campaigns are now funded by secretive, multimillion-dollar super PACs. The only thing anybody seems willing to compromise on is -- I can't think of anything. [laughter] really, who would want this job in the first place?”

“We are honored today to have the man currently holding the office and aspiring for another term,” said Singleton before finally announcing the president himself.

Indeed, it sounded like a campaign speech from AP chief himself.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/associated-press-chief-offers-lavish-praise-obama_635342.html

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 08:52 PM
All Hail to the KING!

Hail Obama! Hail NO!

MamaMia
4/3/2012, 09:03 PM
What would we ever do if we didn't have King Obama telling the reporters how to report, Queen Michelle telling us what to eat and how to feed our children, his royal hinass telling the Supreme Court members how to judge, the turtles how to tunnel, the car industry how to make cars and the bankers how to bank?

LiveLaughLove
4/3/2012, 09:12 PM
This myth about being propud even if you weren't for him is purely Dem BS. I didn't feel proud, I felt sick to my stomach.

I don't give a rip what color he is, I dislike his political positions on virtually everything. How does that make me happy because he is black?

Dems want to keep us divided by color. I don't care about color at all. I want a conservative president. He can be purple with flashes of teal for all I care.

Isn't it a hoot that Obama thinks he can control the media. Of course, he's right on that.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 09:16 PM
I think he was very nice to them when he called them journalists.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 09:22 PM
Dems want to keep us divided by color.

Really?

Do you really believe that Blacks in this Country believe the "No Coloreds Bath Rooms and back of the Bus Rules" would be gone if Republican's had been in office?

Honestly....President Obama is every bit a White Guy as he is Black so IMO you have already stepped on your tool.

You should have just gone with him being an American but I bet I can probably find you commenting about his birth certificate on this board too.

LiveLaughLove
4/3/2012, 09:46 PM
Really?

Do you really believe that Blacks in this Country believe the "No Coloreds Bath Rooms and back of the Bus Rules" would be gone if Republican's had been in office?

Honestly....President Obama is every bit a White Guy as he is Black so IMO you have already stepped on your tool.

You should have just gone with him being an American but I bet I can probably find you commenting about his birth certificate on this board too.

Dems derive power from racial division, just as Republicans do from abortion. Very few on either side of those issues actually want those issues resolved because they lose their power base. So yes, I strongly believe that a lot of Dems want to keep race alive and not see people as just people. They Trayvon Martin case proves that.

As for Obamas birth certificate, look it up on here smart guy. Have fun searching.

Midtowner
4/3/2012, 10:02 PM
You don't think Republicans benefit via racial division?

LiveLaughLove
4/3/2012, 10:10 PM
You don't think Republicans benefit via racial division?

Both side benefit from the other sides arguments to some extent. Republicans benefit from racial politics by getting racist's votes, Dems benefit by getting pro-baby killing votes on abortion.

I think most Republicans would prefer to get an even split of the minority votes, instead of the lopsided way it is currently and give up the racists votes. Just guessing.

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 10:27 PM
I think he was very nice to them when he called them journalists.

I believe that anyone is very kind to Obama when they refer to him as Mr. President!
After 3 years of all the LIES, they have got to be getting tired of it all.
(Except, of course, for the drive-by media who are being paid to support him.)

Serenity Now
4/3/2012, 10:29 PM
What about the content of what he said? Reagan wouldnt be conservative for the majority driving the bus for the GOP. Our health care plan was modeled on romneycare.

LiveLaughLove
4/3/2012, 11:07 PM
What about the content of what he said? Reagan wouldnt be conservative for the majority driving the bus for the GOP. Our health care plan was modeled on romneycare.

Has this whole "reagan wouldn't blah blah" been put out somewhere as a talking point? I'm hearing it an awfully lot lately and it is just factually false. There is no basis beyond some liberal wet dream to support it.

It's like Republicans saying Kennedy wouldn't have been a liberal today had he lived. Just simple bunk. Heck, he probably would have been as liberal as the rest of his family including his dear sweet departed brother Eddie.

Who knows, he may have wacked a woman or two in keeping with the whole family tradition.

Give it up on Reagan. No lib can speak for him including his idiot son. His papers speak loudly for him and he would be just as staunch of a conservative today as he was in the 80's. And no, conservatism hasn't changed as much as you want to believe. You just like it less.

StoopTroup
4/4/2012, 12:43 AM
Has this whole "reagan wouldn't blah blah" been put out somewhere as a talking point? I'm hearing it an awfully lot lately and it is just factually false. There is no basis beyond some liberal wet dream to support it.

It's like Republicans saying Kennedy wouldn't have been a liberal today had he lived. Just simple bunk. Heck, he probably would have been as liberal as the rest of his family including his dear sweet departed brother Eddie.

Who knows, he may have wacked a woman or two in keeping with the whole family tradition.

Give it up on Reagan. No lib can speak for him including his idiot son. His papers speak loudly for him and he would be just as staunch of a conservative today as he was in the 80's. And no, conservatism hasn't changed as much as you want to believe. You just like it less.

Yeah...Reagan never had a liberal bone in his body....

Reagan began his political career as a liberal Democrat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)), admirer of Franklin D. Roosevelt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt), and an active supporter of New Deal policies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal_Coalition). In the early 1950s, as his relationship with Republican actress Nancy Davis grew, he shifted to the right and, while remaining a Democrat,

More revisionist history.

yermom
4/4/2012, 08:48 AM

Ronnie was a saint until you start talking about torture, immigration and abortion

Serenity Now
4/4/2012, 09:19 AM
I think Ronnie would have NOT used religious doctrine to help steer his conservatism.

sappstuf
4/4/2012, 09:34 AM
Really?

Considering that by percentages (since the numbers weren't equal) that more Republicans voted for Civil Rights Act than Democrats in both the House and Senate, and usually by 15-20 points, they should.

Vote totals
Totals are in "Yea-Nay" format:
The original House version: 290-130 (69%–31%).
Cloture in the Senate: 71-29 (71%–29%).
The Senate version: 73-27 (73%–27%).
The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289-126 (70%–30%).

By party
The original House version:
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

Cloture in the Senate:
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version:
Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:
Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 09:40 AM
Don't confuse ST with facts when he gets on one of his stream of conscious rolls.

XingTheRubicon
4/4/2012, 09:42 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/656/cricketpestcontrol2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/cricketpestcontrol2.jpg/)

yermom
4/4/2012, 10:05 AM
dems weren't exactly the beacons of civil rights in the south back in those days

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 10:10 AM
dems weren't exactly the beacons of civil rights in the south back in those days

I'm sure that was somehow Bush's fault!

Whet
4/4/2012, 08:27 PM
You can see Obama's vision for the U.S. by looking at Detroit. Nearly all takers, no earners - all Democrat politics for 30+ years.