PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Defensive Line

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 05:04 PM
Which player do you think will be most productive/destructive to the opposing offenses, on the defensive line?

Stooper
4/3/2012, 10:21 PM
David King, I for one think he would be unstoppable at a Tackle position. Maybe if some of the young D Ends step up (Grissom,Ndule) we might see that happen.

kbsooner21
4/4/2012, 09:15 AM
I'm expecting a big year from King

LVSOONER15
4/4/2012, 09:50 AM
I'm expecting a big year from King

Same here. I see King disrupting some offenses this year.

TahoeSOONER
4/4/2012, 07:26 PM
I think the d ends will be fine with some seniors like King and Washington coming off the edge. J. Mcfarland is ready to breakout and if we could get Jordan Phillips or Jordan Wade to step up and give depth in the middle we should see some breakout young talent in the middle.

This team will go as far as this Dline steps up. I think the secondary will be fine but how much havoc can these guys make on the dline because they all have done a little but no one stands out as a break out guy yet. Maybe they will all play together becuase there's no real standout captains of the D.

SoonerNomad
4/5/2012, 12:36 PM
I do worry that our defensive line is not as full of future pros as it has been in the past, but I do like the fact that we have tons of experience. If a couple of the young guys can contribute there will be enough depth for this d-line to be consistently good.

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 01:05 PM
I hope they move like Jagger....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOt1o2VEkg0

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 01:07 PM
I hope they at least work out....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX1wi3qsTbs&feature=related

cccasooner2
4/5/2012, 01:10 PM
I do worry that our defensive line is not as full of future pros as it has been in the past, but I do like the fact that we have tons of experience. If a couple of the young guys can contribute there will be enough depth for this d-line to be consistently good.

I'm guessing 5 DL SRs will play in the NFL: RJ, King, McGee, McFarland, Walker.

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 01:11 PM
I picked RJ Washington. He's Sexy and he knows it.

OUInformant
4/5/2012, 01:51 PM
Actually, now that I look at it, we have pretty good talent on the D Line this year.

85sooners
4/5/2012, 02:11 PM
Qb pressure!!!!!!!!

cccasooner2
4/5/2012, 02:22 PM
Qb pressure!!!!!!!!

Sounds like we should go 3 on 5 then. :D

MiccoMacey
4/5/2012, 02:38 PM
The DL looks more like the 2000 DL.

Even most Sooner fans can't name half of the starting DLine for that year. Yet they were much more than "serviceable". They werre pretty dang good across the board. No real stars, but each one was quality.

8timechamps
4/5/2012, 04:48 PM
The DL looks more like the 2000 DL.

Even most Sooner fans can't name half of the starting DLine for that year. Yet they were much more than "serviceable". They werre pretty dang good across the board. No real stars, but each one was quality.

Overall, this may be a better group than 2000, but with the same "no single standout" quality.