PDA

View Full Version : Talk about STUPID, was Sicem driving em?

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 03:14 PM
http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1043&CID=1350756

"(We) didn't use a GPS, and we didn't even know we were going the wrong way," Lauderdale said. "So we were driving (and we ended up) in East Texas."

cccasooner2
4/3/2012, 03:31 PM
http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1043&CID=1350756

"(We) didn't use a GPS, and we didn't even know we were going the wrong way," Lauderdale said. "So we were driving (and we ended up) in East Texas."

Seems like those dudes need to take at least one fat little girl friend with them to ax for directions.

LVSOONER15
4/3/2012, 03:33 PM
Wow, I assume they didn't have the brains to look at a map before or during this trip. Wow just wow.

MsProudSooner
4/3/2012, 03:36 PM
People use to say "Dumber than a box of rocks!" Now, they can say, "Dumber than a car full of Texas Tech recruits"

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 03:37 PM
People use to say "Dumber than a box of rocks!" Now, they can say, "Dumber than a car full of Texas Tech recruits"
:adoration:
Wish I could find the Sicem Story

sooneredaco
4/3/2012, 03:39 PM
So what it seems like is that the Admission Criteria at Tech is not all that high

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 03:40 PM
They'll prolly score TDs in the wrong EZ

PalmBeachSooner
4/3/2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds like they might be in the 4-10 range on the Thunderdick test or whatever it's called.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 04:54 PM
Sounds like they just need another trial run....lol

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2012, 05:07 PM
:adoration:
Wish I could find the Sicem Story
Don't judge me! :nonchalance:

Here's the story:
I had a convention to attend in Houston for a political organization that I belonged to. My friend and I (we were both in the Baylor chapter of the organization) decided to drive to Houston together. My friend was driving and we're going up University Parks Drive to HW-6 right next to the Ferrell Center. He turns onto the HW-6, and I mentally noted that I thought that was the wrong way but he goes to Houston a lot more than I do so I didn't say anything.

Anyway, we got into a pretty long and deep conversation and neither of us was really paying attention to where we were going. The plan was to stop at the Dixie Cafe in Hearne for lunch which is only an hour and a half or so from Waco, but 3 hours later we still weren't in Hearne and I again made a mental note of this without mentioning it.

At some point we realize something is wrong. We keep driving a bit and then we see signs for Abilene. We went all the way up to Abilene before we realized we were going the wrong way. That ended up being a long *** trip to Houston.

cccasooner2
4/3/2012, 05:23 PM
Wow SicEm, you could be a movie star.

2GQSwMCHJNU

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 05:27 PM
Don't judge me! :nonchalance:

Here's the story:
I had a convention to attend in Houston for a political organization that I belonged to. My friend and I (we were both in the Baylor chapter of the organization) decided to drive to Houston together. My friend was driving and we're going up University Parks Drive to HW-6 right next to the Ferrell Center. He turns onto the HW-6, and I mentally noted that I thought that was the wrong way but he goes to Houston a lot more than I do so I didn't say anything.

Anyway, we got into a pretty long and deep conversation and neither of us was really paying attention to where we were going. The plan was to stop at the Dixie Cafe in Hearne for lunch which is only an hour and a half or so from Waco, but 3 hours later we still weren't in Hearne and I again made a mental note of this without mentioning it.

At some point we realize something is wrong. We keep driving a bit and then we see signs for Abilene. We went all the way up to Abilene before we realized we were going the wrong way. That ended up being a long *** trip to Houston.

I had been living in Colorado for about a year, and my wife (at the time), my newborn kid, a good friend, and his girlfriend were making the drive back to OKC for a wedding. We ended up getting a late start, and I drove until we stopped in Wichita. At which point my friend's girl offered to drive the rest of the way (keep in mind it was about 11:00pm and I was really tired, as we all were I'm sure...and she had never been out of Colorado). I got in the back of the vehicle with my friend, and we fell asleep.

About three hours later, I wake up to laughing. I finally get oriented, and realize that we are in Kansas City. Somehow, I fell asleep so fast after stopping, that instead of getting back on 35 south, they got on 35 north, and we'd been traveling the wrong way for 3 hours! To make it worse, they said they had realized about 30 minutes earlier, but "didn't know where to get off to turn around, so they kept driving".

We spent the night in KC, and barely got to the wedding the next morning.

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

SoonerNomad
4/3/2012, 05:57 PM
Those are great stories about heading the wrong way. I have one which is more related to alcohol consumption and being a brand new driver, but still funny.

When I was sophomore in high school in 1975 in Burkburnett, Texas my friend and I picked up another friend in Wichita Falls, about 15 miles south of Burk and brought him back to Burk to hang out. We all drank too much, but my buddy, the 16 year old with the car, was so drunk he couldn't even sit up. The Wichita Falls friend used the car we were in to drive himself home around 11. I was only 15 and didn't have a license, but I was the only one sober enough to drive us back to Burk, so I got behind the wheel took the car back to what is now I-44 (it wasn't that then) and somehow got confused and ended up going south instead of north on to the highway. I was learning to drive and sobering up fast, but I didn't know I was going the wrong way and eventually went 50 to 60 miles before I realized the signs said I was getting closer to Fort Worth. I eventually found a place to turnaround and had to go back through Wichita Falls to get home. I remember going through this curvy section of town with a police car in the lane next to me. I was only 5'1" at the time and I still don't know why I didn't get pulled over. I eventually got home around 2 a.m. and as I am pulling up in front of the (trailier) house my Mom and Dad pull up behind me. Luckily they were not out looking for us as they had been at a party all night and were just getting home. Mom was hammered and Dad was drunk enough that when I told him the whole story about what happened he just gave me a hug and told me to get to bed.

Every time I tell that story I realize how more redneck my adoloscent years were than I thought they were at the time.;)

LASooner
4/4/2012, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lM8ukLDns