stoops the eternal pimp
4/3/2012, 01:02 PM
He got his name right..that's a good start

OULenexaman
4/3/2012, 01:30 PM
just your name is worth 4 points?

EatLeadCommie
4/3/2012, 01:45 PM
Wow, that's dumber than Vince Young. Seriously, a 4?!?! How is that even possible?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/3/2012, 01:47 PM
Nah, it's not worth anything..But he didn't get much right...The truth of the matter though is that it doesn't matter what he scored..No one is going to pass on him, especially the position he plays..

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

There is some sample questions for ya.

sooneredaco
4/3/2012, 01:52 PM
Holy Sh!t Cans! Dude really is as dumb as a rock

yermom
4/3/2012, 02:07 PM
someone explain 13 to me :O

Boomer.....
4/3/2012, 02:10 PM
Vince Young laughs at the kid.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/3/2012, 02:10 PM

$20000 invested total..The guy who invested 9000 invested 45% of the total..He gets 45% of the profit in that scenario..

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 02:13 PM
Yer over thinkin it Bro :unconscious:

13. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 02:14 PM
$20000 invested total..The guy who invested 9000 invested 45% of the total..He gets 45% of the profit in that scenario..
:adoration:

cccasooner2
4/3/2012, 02:14 PM
How in the world was he ever eligible for post-season play?

Boomer.....
4/3/2012, 02:15 PM

Divide the total amount invested into percentages. Man A gave 45%, B gave 35%, and C gave 20%. If you split the total profits by percentage A would get $2160, B would get $1680, and C would get $960. If you divide the total revenue by 3, each person would get $1600 each. $2160 - $1600 = $560.

LVSOONER15
4/3/2012, 02:16 PM
I think VY and this guy should be study buddies.

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 02:21 PM
I think VY and this guy should be study buddies.
Naw VY is his Tutor

LVSOONER15
4/3/2012, 02:24 PM
Naw VY is his Tutor

I guess we'll just put it that they totally failed.

Boomer.....
4/3/2012, 02:24 PM
The NFL has kept the Wonderlic results under tighter wraps than usual this year. Or maybe the media has had enough other things to keep itself occupied.

Regardless, the first eye-opening score has leaked from the 2012 edition of the 50-question Wonderlic test. Per multiple league sources, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne scored a four.

Yes. A four. Out of 50.

Six years ago, quarterback Vince Young initially got a six. Re-scoring of the test bumped it to a seven. A next-day Mulligan moved it to 13.

Finally, Young has someone at whom he can point and laugh.

The joke, however, continues to be on anyone who thinks that all college athletes are also students. Plenty of them aren’t. They’re minor-league football players who have no choice but to wait at least three years until they get a shot at joining the NFL.

How else can anyone explain a person who presumably has found a way to avoid failing out of college getting such a low score on a basic intelligence test?

And that gives rise to a more important question. What did LSU actually do to keep Claiborne from failing out of school?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/claiborne-gives-birth-to-a-four-on-the-wonderlic/

Good points!

yermom
4/3/2012, 02:28 PM
Divide the total amount invested into percentages. Man A gave 45%, B gave 35%, and C gave 20%. If you split the total profits by percentage A would get $2160, B would get $1680, and C would get $960. If you divide the total revenue by 3, each person would get $1600 each. $2160 - $1600 = $560.

*smh*

it helps if you read the question. that's pretty bad. i got as far as $2160 and stopped

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 02:29 PM
*smh*

it helps if you read the question. that's pretty bad. i got as far as $2160 and stopped
Like I said Bro Ya was OVER thinkin it :congratulatory:

yermom
4/3/2012, 02:30 PM
nah, i was pretty much underthinking that one :)

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 02:32 PM
nah, i was pretty much underthinking that one :)
LOL

tomtom
4/3/2012, 03:09 PM
Dexter Manley couldn't read after leaving OSU, maybe he can't read.

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 03:12 PM
Dexter Manley couldn't read after leaving OSU, maybe he can't read.
Or Maybe hes just ****in STUPID.

dwarthog
4/3/2012, 03:23 PM
Hopefully he doesn't end up broke after football cause he's got nothing to fall back on....

SoonerorLater
4/3/2012, 03:48 PM
Will he even be able to find his way to New York City on draft day?

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 04:01 PM
Will he even be able to find his way to New York City on draft day?
He prolly ax them Tech players to drive him

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 04:39 PM
How in the world was he ever eligible for post-season play?

Post-season?! How in the hell was he eligible to play at all?

Herr Scholz
4/3/2012, 04:42 PM
Continued misinformation concerning VY. You can blame Jay Cutler's agent for that, wanting to undercut him in the draft.

A controversy regarding the Wonderlic, a standardized test given to all recruits, was thought also to have been problematic for Young. On February 25, 2006, during the NFL Combine, it was erroneously reported that Vince scored a six, out of a possible fifty points, on his Wonderlic Test. The test is designed to measure a player's ability to learn a complex NFL playbook. Some observers believed this score would lower Young's draft selection and faulted his agent, Major Adams, for not preparing Young ahead of time with practice tests.[34]

However, on February 26, 2006, combine officials said the reported score of six was incorrect. According to NFL Spokesman Steve Alic, "I can tell you absolutely that the score that has been reported on the Internet is inaccurate. I spoke to the person who graded the test, and he assured me that that number was not correct."[35] The next day, the test was properly readministered and Young scored a 16, the same as Dan Marino.[36] Wonderlic scores are released to NFL teams for draft purposes, but are not supposed to be released publicly.[37] A few media outlets apologized for running the highly improbable first result.[38] But most media did not correct the story and continued to wonder whether the first (now inaccurate) score would lower Young's draft selection.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 04:45 PM
Post-season?! How in the hell was he eligible to play at all?

Best question so far.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 04:48 PM
Continued misinformation concerning VY. You can blame Jay Cutler's agent for that, wanting to undercut him in the draft.

A controversy regarding the Wonderlic, a standardized test given to all recruits, was thought also to have been problematic for Young. On February 25, 2006, during the NFL Combine, it was erroneously reported that Vince scored a six, out of a possible fifty points, on his Wonderlic Test. The test is designed to measure a player's ability to learn a complex NFL playbook. Some observers believed this score would lower Young's draft selection and faulted his agent, Major Adams, for not preparing Young ahead of time with practice tests.[34]

However, on February 26, 2006, combine officials said the reported score of six was incorrect. According to NFL Spokesman Steve Alic, "I can tell you absolutely that the score that has been reported on the Internet is inaccurate. I spoke to the person who graded the test, and he assured me that that number was not correct."[35] The next day, the test was properly readministered and Young scored a 16, the same as Dan Marino.[36] Wonderlic scores are released to NFL teams for draft purposes, but are not supposed to be released publicly.[37] A few media outlets apologized for running the highly improbable first result.[38] But most media did not correct the story and continued to wonder whether the first (now inaccurate) score would lower Young's draft selection.

16? ROTF.

You went to a lot of trouble for nothing. So he scored as much as Marino....to bad his 16 didn't realize the career that Marino had. Either way...lets face it...Vince Young was a complete Dog as a Pro.

Sounds to me they were nice about him scoring the 6 and let him retake it the next day. It really was a 6....ROTF.

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 04:51 PM
The average score is 19, FWIW.

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 04:57 PM
The average score is 19, FWIW.

Exactly. You may want to explain what Average is to Herr. He keeps seeing his football team do average and thinks that's outstanding....

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 05:01 PM
Exactly. You may want to explain what Average is to Herr. He keeps seeing his football team do average and thinks that's outstanding....

I honestly don't think Herr is that unrealistic. He seems to have a good gauge of his team, and is one of the few whorn fans I've ever been able to tolerate.

Still, Texas Sucks!

Herr Scholz
4/3/2012, 05:07 PM
It really was a 6....ROTF.
Not according to the NFL but I'm sure you're right.

cccasooner2
4/3/2012, 05:09 PM

It's a kinder, gentler world now. There is no stupid or retrard anymore, only bad test takers, a trophy for all. Where's my Heisman?

Herr Scholz
I honestly don't think Herr is that unrealistic. He seems to have a good gauge of his team, and is one of the few whorn fans I've ever been able to tolerate.

Thanks, 8. I try to remain objective and like talking football without all of the hyperbole.

EatLeadCommie

Nobody believes that, either then or now. They said he didn't get a 6 yet at the same time said he was allowed to retake it. Why did he have to retake it if he didn't get a 6? Because he got a 6, that's why.

Herr Scholz
4/3/2012, 05:10 PM
So the NFL spokesman is a liar?

8timechamps
4/3/2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks, 8. I try to remain objective and like talking football without all of the hyperbole.

That's why I like you. Except for one week every year.

Herr Scholz
4/3/2012, 05:34 PM
That's why I like you. Except for one week every year.
Well of course.

cccasooner2
4/3/2012, 06:22 PM
"At times like this, it's important to remember the immortal words of Joe Thiesmann. "Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius," the former Washington Redskins quarterback once said. "A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lsu-morris-claiborne-scored-four-wonderlic-test-175829326.html

prrriiide
4/3/2012, 07:00 PM
So the NFL spokesman is a liar?

No, just exorbitantly compensated.

sooner KB
4/3/2012, 11:05 PM
Herr is getting confused. Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic. It was a 16 he got on the IQ test.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/4/2012, 01:14 AM

boomer, you got shutdown corner written all over you

mainline13
4/4/2012, 07:15 AM

Nah, he broke up with her.

SoonerAtKU
4/4/2012, 10:10 AM
I do wonder why old Vince got to retake the test. If he didn't get a 6, then his score wasn't publicly released, so it doesn't matter. You make a statement maintaining his privacy, you say he didn't score a 6 and that the NFL teams have the correct information and you leave it at that. Why in the world, to make up for someone "releasing" information that wasn't even correct to begin with, would you issue a second test? Not only that, but then you...RELEASE THE NEW SCORE ANYWAY??? Was the second test "properly readministered" by the NFL, or by his agent? Was there a question of "proper administration" from the first test?

None of it rings true, except from the perspective of an agent wanting his client to not look like a retard that landed a 6 on the test.

SoonerAtKU
4/4/2012, 10:11 AM
Oh, and Morris Claiborne is also clearly a moron. I can't wait until next year's Honey Badger scores are released and he gets a 1. Honey Badger don't give a ****.

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone can pass in college these days. Not in every degree field certainly, but you can set things up where anyone can pass and even graduate with some type of degree. It's an extension of the whole "learning disabled" thing from public schools where there are no dumb people, only people with learning disabilities. It's ridiculous, and it makes our schools look bad, but it's about everybody feeling good about themselves, more so than actually learning anything, so we have what we have - People graduating from our high schools, and in some cases from our universities who can't even read.

Seamus
4/4/2012, 12:18 PM
Athletic Department tutor at LSU:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/970/I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

picasso
4/4/2012, 01:30 PM
Oh please. You run home to your team board and express the very definition of hyperbole when it comes to OU and Bob Stoops.

Spare us.

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone can pass in college these days. Not in every degree field certainly, but you can set things up where anyone can pass and even graduate with some type of degree. It's an extension of the whole "learning disabled" thing from public schools where there are no dumb people, only people with learning disabilities. It's ridiculous, and it makes our schools look bad, but it's about everybody feeling good about themselves, more so than actually learning anything, so we have what we have - People graduating from our high schools, and in some cases from our universities who can't even read.

I've thought a long time about writing a book on the pussification of America. This would be a great chapter!

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 02:34 PM
I've thought a long time about writing a book on the pussification of America. This would be a great chapter!

Co-author? ;)

ouleaf
4/4/2012, 03:46 PM
Feel kinda bad for the kid b/c no one wants to be publicly outted for being a dumba$$, but he would have been better off just answering C for the the questions and not really trying. Law of averages says you'd at least get better than a 4.

cccasooner2
4/4/2012, 04:18 PM
Athletic Department tutor at LSU:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/970/I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

Dat's nuttin', I can count to more.

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 04:23 PM
Co-author? ;)

You're in!

Herr Scholz
4/4/2012, 06:01 PM
Oh please. You run home to your team board and express the very definition of hyperbole when it comes to OU and Bob Stoops.

Spare us.
Just to OU flamers who live there and who's sole purpose is to badmouth Texas. It's better now with a new mod though. Anyway, I try to stay civil on your board. I post mainly on recruiting over here to get and share info.

Eielson
4/4/2012, 06:05 PM

Did you just quote wikipedia?

Herr Scholz
4/4/2012, 07:24 PM
I copied and pasted it from a Longhorn board. I've read those same quotes in various articles though. And even more from several GMs who confirmed the test score was innacurate and that the innacurate score was leaked to the press by Jay Cutler's agent.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 08:08 PM
I copied and pasted it from a Longhorn board. I've read those same quotes in various articles though. And even more from several GMs who confirmed the test score was innacurate and that the innacurate score was leaked to the press by Jay Cutler's agent.

One question there Whorn, If the Score of 6 that was released was inaccurate, WHY was he retested and the NEW score released?
Why not just release the Original ACCURATE score.

LASooner
4/4/2012, 10:21 PM
Nobody believes that, either then or now. They said he didn't get a 6 yet at the same time said he was allowed to retake it. Why did he have to retake it if he didn't get a 6? Because he got a 6, that's why.

Because he got a 7

8timechamps
4/4/2012, 10:23 PM
This off-season is already too long...now there's Wonderlic trash talk...hurry up September!!!

picasso
4/4/2012, 11:39 PM
Just to OU flamers who live there and who's sole purpose is to badmouth Texas. It's better now with a new mod though. Anyway, I try to stay civil on your board. I post mainly on recruiting over here to get and share info.
Well I can understand it if that's the case but I vividly recall your commenting on Stoops as a constant cheater in recruiting and it being just fine with the institution. That's absolutely absurd if it's what you think.

Herr Scholz
4/5/2012, 08:11 AM
I vividly recall your commenting on Stoops as a constant cheater in recruiting and it being just fine with the institution. That's absolutely absurd if it's what you think.
You misremember then. I've always said that Stoops follows the rules when it comes to recruiting. He's one of the few on the bandwagon with Brown against the street agent stuff. I've criticized his recruitment of players like Chaisson in the past who had prior felony arrests but never about breaking the rules.

OULenexaman
4/5/2012, 08:30 AM
Because he got a 7 or it could have been a 5

MiccoMacey
4/5/2012, 02:43 PM
You misremember then. I've always said that Stoops follows the rules when it comes to recruiting. He's one of the few on the bandwagon with Brown against the street agent stuff. I've criticized his recruitment of players like Chaisson in the past who had prior felony arrests but never about breaking the rules.

It's going to pain me to say this...but he tells the truth.

Scholz is on Orangebloods a lot, and he's been pretty outspoken about the type of players we've gone after in the past (Chaisson, Jarboe especially).

But I've also seen him acknowlege Stoops as a good coach, and even compliments OU when they land a good recruit or does something noteworthy.

Herr Scholz
4/5/2012, 04:14 PM
Gracias, Micco.

Eielson
4/5/2012, 07:55 PM
Scholz is on Orangebloods a lot, and he's been pretty outspoken about the type of players we've gone after in the past (Chaisson, Jarboe especially).

Considering neither one ever stepped on the field for us, it seems like an odd criticism to still hold.

picasso
4/5/2012, 09:30 PM
It's going to pain me to say this...but he tells the truth.

But I've also seen him acknowlege Stoops as a good coach, and even compliments OU when they land a good recruit or does something noteworthy.
I'm sorry but I've seen him dog Stoops on Hornfans along with most of the other nonsense there.
Sure we hate Mack Brown here and make tons of fun of him but I'd never accuse him of being a cheat or one that recruits players with questionable character because I know in the real world nearly every program in the country does this from time to time.
Mike Gundy for example, gave the Collins kid a shot but I wouldn't say it's an every year practice of his.

sooneron
4/5/2012, 11:05 PM
I do wonder why old Vince got to retake the test. If he didn't get a 6, then his score wasn't publicly released, so it doesn't matter. You make a statement maintaining his privacy, you say he didn't score a 6 and that the NFL teams have the correct information and you leave it at that. Why in the world, to make up for someone "releasing" information that wasn't even correct to begin with, would you issue a second test? Not only that, but then you...RELEASE THE NEW SCORE ANYWAY??? Was the second test "properly readministered" by the NFL, or by his agent? Was there a question of "proper administration" from the first test?

None of it rings true, except from the perspective of an agent wanting his client to not look like a retard that landed a 6 on the test.

THIS^

Spokespeople are liars. It's practically in their job description. Same for PR/Advertising... Good Lord, herr...

Tear Down This Wall
4/6/2012, 01:50 PM

Practice test? For that stuff? I thought the University of Texas was supposed to be one of the best colleges in America...no wait...on planet earth. How could a kid get through UT and have to "prepare" for a test that easy? My guess is, most 9th graders could easily score into the 20s or higher.

You lose your ability to claim UT has any type of academic superiority if four years there means you have to be "prepared" specially to take the Wonderlic. Hell, Vince even had a redshirt year so he could spend more time on academics, right?

Crazy.

Herr Scholz
4/6/2012, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry but I've seen him dog Stoops on Hornfans along with most of the other nonsense there. Sure we hate Mack Brown here and make tons of fun of him but I'd never accuse him of being a cheat...
I've never called Stoops a cheat. I've criticized him for other things but never that. And I post on Orangebloods, not Hornfans.

Tear Down This Wall
4/6/2012, 02:05 PM
The only thing I give Herr credit for is he's smart enough to realize these coaches aren't gods. That's a huge problem here and at Texas...and all similarly situated schools.

cccasooner2
4/6/2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/roger-goodell-warns-nfl-teams-about-leaking-wonderlic-scores/2012/04/05/gIQAAMunxS_blog.html?wprss=rss_sports

I suppose all 40 times etc. should not be released either?

Sabanball
4/6/2012, 11:33 PM
Lol..this is interesting. On one hand, I get reminded regularly on here that 'this is not an SEC board, move along' then...THEN anytime there is the smallest hiccup from a team like LSU, Bama, Nick Saban, Petrino-Gate, etc...you guys have a wet orgasm and go 4 pages plus ten times to sunday talking about it and obsessing over it--kind of like Rick Santorum thinking and talking more about gay sex than gay people do.
Make fun of LSU all you want, they will be the preseason no 1 team in 2012 and I predict will come into Tuscaloosa in November undefeated--again.

SCOUT
4/7/2012, 12:13 AM
Heh

Eielson
4/7/2012, 01:59 AM
Lol..this is interesting. On one hand, I get reminded regularly on here that 'this is not an SEC board, move along' then...THEN anytime there is the smallest hiccup from a team like LSU, Bama, Nick Saban, Petrino-Gate, etc...you guys have a wet orgasm and go 4 pages plus ten times to sunday talking about it and obsessing over it--kind of like Rick Santorum thinking and talking more about gay sex than gay people do.
Make fun of LSU all you want, they will be the preseason no 1 team in 2012 and I predict will come into Tuscaloosa in November undefeated--again.

Did you expect it any different? This is a Sooner board, so yes, we like the Sooners the best, and we like to hear good things about OU. We don't care to hear good things about LSU or Alabama. That's the way it works on pretty much every message board. I like ya, but I can't defend your logic here.

Also, SEC is also a bit of a sore spot for us considering the strength of that conference is often used to try and make us look inferior. You and I both know there isn't a team in the SEC that could walk into Norman and be favored.

cccasooner2
4/7/2012, 09:34 AM
Did you expect it any different? This is a Sooner board, so yes, we like the Sooners the best, and we like to hear good things about OU. We don't care to hear good things about LSU or Alabama. That's the way it works on pretty much every message board. I like ya, but I can't defend your logic here.

Also, SEC is also a bit of a sore spot for us considering the strength of that conference is often used to try and make us look inferior. You and I both know there isn't a team in the SEC that could walk into Norman and be favored.

oPwrodxghrw

LOL, I did too. The miss was meant for SCOUT. :)

8timechamps
4/7/2012, 07:28 PM

You missed the mark by a large margin. If you go back and read the thread, you'll see that a lot of this thread is about Vince Young, and his Wonderlic score. You see, we really don't care about Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, etc. As much as SEC folks like to think that everyone in the country thinks about them often, we don't. You wanna know what we care about here? Oklahoma football, and anything that has a direct impact on that. We hate Texas, but in a twisted way, we know we are connected with them. Think of them as a retarded cousin that's mean. We don't like to talk about them or be around them, but they're family, so we have to stand next to them in the family picture. Sure, if another program makes national headlines, you might see a post on here about it, but there have also been plenty of posts on here about farts and pest control. So, if you need to categorize posts, keep that in mind.

Rest assured that we don't care about LSU or anyone else outside of the teams on our schedule.

The fact that all of this needs to be explained to you is a little troubling.

Sooner_Tuf
4/8/2012, 10:54 AM

Seems simple enough. You're a single digit scorer kinda guy I take it.

Scott D
4/8/2012, 06:08 PM
It's also being reported that Claiborne has a learning disability, which would explain why he might have trouble with a test like this which is timed.

Regardless, I agree with the NFL people that firmly believe that the test is pretty useless for anyone not at the Quarterback and Center position. Really about the only other useful spot it might serve is for a MLB, but that's more subjective than the other two positions. I could care less if a corner got a 40 or a 4 on the Wonderlic as long as he can handle his assignment.

picasso
4/8/2012, 09:31 PM
Ok, we will. And their goofy assed mallet headed coach to boot.

We promise to lay off the rest of the cosmopolitan SEC. k?

guzziguy
4/9/2012, 07:37 AM
Q. How did he graduate from LSU?

A. http://uiswcmsweb.prod.lsu.edu/childcare/