PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks vs. 'Cats(Football-related analogy)

Sabanball
4/2/2012, 08:08 PM
Clearly, tonight's NCAA National Championship basketball game is a travesty. Not only is it a rematch, neither team won its conference tournament! Change the system! Change the system! This cannot be tolerated!

:playful:

8timechamps
4/2/2012, 11:12 PM
It's great and all, but given OU wasn't in this year's tourney, and otherwise has nothing to do with football...I suspect you'll see very few (if any) take the bait, but good luck...

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 11:22 PM
Also....just posting a thread on the football board about basketball shows your need to have someone give you some attention.

For God's Sake....get some help.

Seamus
4/3/2012, 12:27 AM
I thought we were gonna see some more "SEC, SEC" bull****.

85sooners
4/3/2012, 08:42 AM
Clearly this thread is a travesty

PrideMom
4/3/2012, 11:38 AM
I thought this was for OU football?

agoo758
4/3/2012, 01:36 PM
This just proves how dominant the SEC is in basketball. The LSU team would beat the hawks by 40.

Eielson
4/4/2012, 09:42 AM
Kansas and Kentucky both won their conference, and that's with playing everybody twice in the regular season, thus making it more valid than a conference season when you did not play everybody in the conference. Also, in a a conference championship game, you're asked to win one game, not three. Honestly, I could keep going on for a while about all the differences, but I'm gonna have to get going pretty quick and I feel that the two I mentioned pretty well expose the analogy as being terribly flawed.

However, I will say that the NCAA Tournament is horrifically flawed in crowning the best team. How can you spend the first 30+ games proving you're the best team, and then be forced to go on a 6-game winning streak to finish the deal? Basketball is a sport where teams are NOT expected to go undefeated even if they're the best team. The only realistic way in basketball to crown the best team is the way the NBA does it. That just isn't really feasible in college basketball, though. For all the things people say about the BCS, it almost always crowns the best team...even somehow this year. This was one of the rare years when the NCAA Tournament crowned the right team (you only need to look a year back to find the last time it didn't).