PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers now targeting gun law's and neighborhood watch's...

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2012, 04:12 PM
You had to know it was coming...

Who the lady in the pink cowboy hat?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/02/lawmakers-target-gun-laws-neighborhood-watch-in-wake-florida-teen-shooting/

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 04:17 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/02/lawmakers-target-gun-laws-neighborhood-watch-in-wake-florida-teen-shooting/

That's yo Mama.

She wants your pea-shooter.

5-0

rock on sooner
4/2/2012, 04:17 PM

Fredricka Wilson...comes off as a female Al Sharpton, IMO..

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 04:19 PM
Some people can discern the difference between Neighborhood Watch and Neighborhood Stalk and Kill programs.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 04:21 PM
Who makes those freakin' pink cowboys hats?

Those are just silly.

Must come from Stoolwater.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 04:24 PM
I have no problem with owning a gun for protection.

I have a problem with stalkers disregarding instructions and killing unarmed victims.

"Those azzholes. They always get away." Well, he sure didn't get away this time, did he?

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2012, 04:44 PM
That's yo Mama.

She wants your pea-shooter.

5-0My Momma's dead, so I appreciate that. However, my Momma wore a Fedora and would have stomped you a new *** hole...

OU68
4/2/2012, 04:50 PM
"I am tired of burying young black boys," Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., said on the House floor. Martin lived in Wilson's district.

Then you might want to address the role of gangs/drugs/single mothers/school drop-outs -- or is she related to Holder?

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 04:58 PM
My Momma's dead, so I appreciate that. However, my Momma wore a Fedora and would have stomped you a new *** hole...

Sorry to hear about yo Momma.

Mine's gone too.

5-0

KantoSooner
4/2/2012, 05:03 PM
I fully support gun rights, but I admit that it gets a bit tedious to hear story after story about guys suffering from low-testicle-weight-syndrome like Mr. Zimmerman (really George, 50 calls to 911? Lonely, a little?) inserting themselves into situations and then using their firearms, usually to terminal result of some other person of dubious guilt.
But I'd not want the right to suffer for the actions of sub-human pieces of ****. So, how about a sporting proposition? Go ahead, carry your guns whereever, yabobs. But, if you shoot someone and you're not absolutely clean on the deal, how about a no questions asked/no explanations wanted five years in the worst maximum security hell hole we can find? Real life changing experience for you.
That sounds pretty fair to me.

hawaii 5-0
4/2/2012, 05:32 PM
Guns don't kill people, Neighborhood Stalk and Kill disphlts do.

Oh, and the occasional drive-by shooter.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2012, 06:47 PM

5-0You drunk?....again?

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2012, 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear about yo Momma.

Mine's gone too.

5-0Mine ain't really gone...she mean as hell tho...sorry to hear bout yours...

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 07:24 PM
If you would have just let them kill Zimmerman this would be all over. Now look what you've done....

Whet
4/2/2012, 08:02 PM
Never let a good crisis go to waste. The words of Rahm Emanuel certainly sum up the goals for these members of Congress.

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2012, 08:15 PM
Targeting their what?

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 08:20 PM
Pink Hat?
http://bar-zone.com/shop/images/94229.jpg

OU68
4/3/2012, 08:43 AM

5-0

Yeah, let's revoke all CC permits and confiscate all the guns from registered owners and just let the dip$##t gang-bangers and druggees have their way with our neighborhoods - yeah, that's it!;)

XingTheRubicon
4/3/2012, 08:56 AM
No, but at least take Zimmerman's CC permit. I don't usually take the liberal's side, but full-fledged morons like Zimmerman legally allowed to carry a handheld killing device up and down the streets of a neighborhood is just frustrating.

OULenexaman
4/3/2012, 09:08 AM
No, but at least take Zimmerman's CC permit. I don't usually take the liberal's side, but full-fledged morons like Zimmerman legally allowed to carry a handheld killing device up and down the streets of a neighborhood is just frustrating. So what makes you feel that Zimmerman is a full fledged moron?? The picture the media paints for you or have you met him several times.

olevetonahill
4/3/2012, 09:12 AM
Will it be okay with Yall If I wait for Charges and a Conviction before I get all down on Z?

Curly Bill
4/3/2012, 09:42 AM
Will it be okay with Yall If I wait for Charges and a Conviction before I get all down on Z?

Hell no, that is not acceptable! You must rush to judgement!!!

KantoSooner
4/3/2012, 09:43 AM
So what makes you feel that Zimmerman is a full fledged moron?? The picture the media paints for you or have you met him several times.

I doubt if anyone on this board knows either Zimmerman or Martin...or much about either one that hasn't been reported in the media.
I think it's entirely possible that Martin instigated a fight with Zimmerman.
But here's two facts that tend to support the identification of Zimmerman as an idiot:
First, He ignored police authority that told him to break off contact with Martin (the suspect). He was told to stand down by a police officer and he ignored that order.
Second, perhaps he ignored that order because he felt abnormally comfortable talking with the police on their 911 line; after all, he'd called it what? 50 times in the previous year. Seriously, who calls 911 every week? Has anyone on this board called 911 more than maybe once? To call so frequently is not the act of a normal, balanced person living in an upscale gated community. It wouldn't even be normal for someone living in the worst parts of the South Bronx.
Whether the shooting was justifiable or not will be up to the DA and possibly a judge/jury. Fine.
what is not debatable is that Georgie armed himself (big no-no for Neighborhood Watch to start with) and then inserted himself into a potentially volatile situation against direct police instruction.
For that, yeah, its legitimate to label him a moron.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/3/2012, 10:23 AM
"I am tired of burying young black boys," Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., said on the House floor. Martin lived in Wilson's district.

Really? There's a lot of young black men dying on the streets of America. Almost none of them are dying at the hands of neighborhood watch volunteers.

Grandstanding for votes is a wonderful thing.

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, let's revoke all CC permits and confiscate all the guns from registered owners and just let the dip$##t gang-bangers and druggees have their way with our neighborhoods - yeah, that's it!;)

I suggest you read my post #6.

I'm all for gun ownership.

5-0

XingTheRubicon
4/3/2012, 12:20 PM
I doubt if anyone on this board knows either Zimmerman or Martin...or much about either one that hasn't been reported in the media.
But here's two facts that tend to support the identification of Zimmerman as an idiot:
First, He ignored police authority that told him to break off contact with Martin (the suspect). He was told to stand down by a police officer and he ignored that order.
Second, perhaps he ignored that order because he felt abnormally comfortable talking with the police on their 911 line; after all, he'd called it what? 50 times in the previous year. Seriously, who calls 911 every week? Has anyone on this board called 911 more than maybe once? To call so frequently is not the act of a normal, balanced person living in an upscale gated community. It wouldn't even be normal for someone living in the worst parts of the South Bronx.
Whether the shooting was justifiable or not will be up to the DA and possibly a judge/jury. Fine.
what is not debatable is that Georgie armed himself (big no-no for Neighborhood Watch to start with) and then inserted himself into a potentially volatile situation against direct police instruction.

Yeah, all that.^^^^^^

How many of you can honestly say You'd want this idiot patrolling your neighborhood?

I'm not saying he's guilty of murder, no one knows that. I'm saying he's a lunatic with live ammo.

OU68
4/3/2012, 12:54 PM
I suggest you read my post #6.

I'm all for gun ownership.

5-0

Yeah, and Sotomayor supported the Heller decision BEFORE she was confirmed.

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 02:40 PM

"That's no lady"!
(The "walking dead head"!)

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 02:45 PM

5-0

How typically asinine!

The 3,000 pound gorilla in the rooom is....
That 90% of black crime-murders ARE....
Black on Black!

Why is this?
And why do the so-called big-name Black leaders ignore the real causes?

So go ahead and blame the gun-carrying whities, and let the real problem be ignored for a few more generations!
Typical libera stance!
DUH!

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 02:48 PM
So what makes you feel that Zimmerman is a full fledged moron?? The picture the media paints for you or have you met him several times.

Because some dolts are just listening to the case being made by NBC and the drive-by media!
To he11 with due-process of law; or the facts in the case for that matter.
:dispirited:

soonercruiser
4/3/2012, 02:54 PM

Now I know that you are only taking the liberal talking points bait.
That 50 calls in the last year is a lie made up by NBC.
Just like NBC and NPR cut and pasted, until they got the 911 call sounding like it was totally different.
LIberals just LOOOOOVE to take things out of context to make a liberal bias case!

After all, even if it was 20 times in the last year...that was his job!
Duh!
(As a neighborhood Watch person, call 911 when you on duty and see something suspicious!)
Put that into context, and 20 calls don't even sound like much - even for a small neighborhood!

Posted by philfran on the other realted thread....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1396442.html

NBC News has launched an internal investigation into a story that ran on the "Today" show about the killing of Florida teenager, Trayvon Martin.

The Washington Post was the first to report news of the investigation.

The internal probe will investigate the editing completed on the audio recording of the 911 call George Zimmerman, the man who shot Martin to death, made to police minutes before he took action. The "Today" version of the call makes it sound as though Zimmerman volunteered the information that Martin was black. In actuality, the 911 officer asked if the "suspicious person" Zimmerman was calling about was "black, white or Hispanic."

News of Martin's death sparked a national outcry after it was reported that Zimmerman was not arrested nor thoroughly investigated after he shot Martin to death. The victim's family and activists have called for Zimmerman's arrest, claiming that Martin was racially profiled. Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighborhood watch volunteer, claimed he shot Martin in an act of self defense. Martin was walking home through a gated community in Sanford, Florida after visiting his father. He was carrying a bag of Skittles and iced tea.

The coverage of Martin's case has caused some conservative pundits to criticize the media for rushing to judgment about Zimmerman before necessary facts have surfaced. Ann Coulter compared George Zimmerman critics to the KKK, and Fox News pundit Liz Trotta criticized African American journalists who shared their personal reactions to news of Martin's death.

The omission of the 911 officer's question in "Today's" story paints a significantly different picture. NBC News told the Washington Post that they "launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story."

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2012, 10:53 PM
How typically asinine!

The 3,000 pound gorilla in the rooom is....
That 90% of black crime-murders ARE....
Black on Black!

Why is this?
And why do the so-called big-name Black leaders ignore the real causes?

So go ahead and blame the gun-carrying whities, and let the real problem be ignored for a few more generations!
Typical libera stance!
DUH!

'Cruiser, I really didn't expect you to take the bait so easily.

Turd, Vet, yes. But you surprised me.

5-0

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 10:49 AM
Now I know that you are only taking the liberal talking points bait.
That 50 calls in the last year is a lie made up by NBC.
Just like NBC and NPR cut and pasted, until they got the 911 call sounding like it was totally different.
LIberals just LOOOOOVE to take things out of context to make a liberal bias case!

After all, even if it was 20 times in the last year...that was his job!
Duh!
(As a neighborhood Watch person, call 911 when you on duty and see something suspicious!)
Put that into context, and 20 calls don't even sound like much - even for a small neighborhood!

Posted by philfran on the other realted thread....

Pot...kettle black much.

Boil this down to simplicity. I don't care about the race, the 911 calls, etc. This guy who only had minimal training and was self-appointed decided to follow this kid. He then didn't do what the 911 operator said to do which was to stand down. He turned what should have nothing into an altercation. Whether or not he was being beaten at the end was immaterial. This asshat instigated this and then had the gall to kill the kid on something he started. Stand my ground is bs in this case. Now maybe the case will prove the other way, but it needs to go to court.

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 11:44 AM
Pot...kettle black much.

Boil this down to simplicity. I don't care about the race, the 911 calls, etc. This guy who only had minimal training and was self-appointed decided to follow this kid. He then didn't do what the 911 operator said to do which was to stand down. He turned what should have nothing into an altercation. Whether or not he was being beaten at the end was immaterial. This asshat instigated this and then had the gall to kill the kid on something he started. Stand my ground is bs in this case. Now maybe the case will prove the other way, but it needs to go to court.

Dude may have screwed up, but I doubt he found, nor would anyone being beaten, find it immaterial.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 12:04 PM
Dude may have screwed up, but I doubt he found, nor would anyone being beaten, find it immaterial.

Only immaterial as he instigated. To me, he has no self-defense justification to kill the kid for something that he started. Of course being beaten would be a bad thing, but I guess I'm thinking in that case I would probably have deserved it. Again all hypothetical as we are only hearing bits and pieces. Still I don't want that idiot anywhere near my neighborhood with a loaded gun and his "training". He could accidentally shoot my child.

okie52
4/4/2012, 12:04 PM
Pot...kettle black much.

The 911 operator didn't tell him to stand down, he said "you don't need to do that".

If the evidence regarding the case is so overwhelming requiring Zimmerman go to trial then why hasn't he been charged yet? Have you gleaned some information that would aid the DA in bringing this case to trial other than the fact you already know he is azzhat?

And his taking a beating is immaterial...? Pretty sure that is very material..

Curly Bill
4/4/2012, 12:08 PM
Only immaterial as he instigated. To me, he has no self-defense justification to kill the kid for something that he started. Of course being beaten would be a bad thing, but I guess I'm thinking in that case I would probably have deserved it. Again all hypothetical as we are only hearing bits and pieces. Still I don't want that idiot anywhere near my neighborhood with a loaded gun and his "training". He could accidentally shoot my child.

I don't want Zimmerman standing watch in my neighborhood either, but I don't think the ol: "but he started it" is a legal defense for beating someone. Though I will admit from a common sense standpoint it works for me.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 12:15 PM
I don't want Zimmerman standing watch in my neighborhood either, but I don't think the ol: "but he started it" is a legal defense for beating someone. Though I will admit from a common sense standpoint it works for me.

I concur. It isn't a legal thing at all and unfortunately that is a whole other discussion. Just common sense would have been nice.

KABOOKIE
4/4/2012, 12:45 PM
Ignoring police authority to break off contact is a fact? BS. 911 operators are not LEOs and have absolutely no authority. Someone needs to get their facts checked.

I bet you're going to find this "sir we don't need you to do that [follow him]" request from the 911 operator came much later in the whole incident. Probably when Z was walking back to his car (i.e. complying with the request) and then Trayvoynee, jumped out and started beating him to death.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 12:46 PM
'Cruiser, I really didn't expect you to take the bait so easily.

Turd, Vet, yes. But you surprised me.

5-0
You are so precious
Thanks for the flattery. Keep imitating me

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 12:50 PM
The 911 operator didn't tell him to stand down, he said "you don't need to do that".

If the evidence regarding the case is so overwhelming requiring Zimmerman go to trial then why hasn't he been charged yet? Have you gleaned some information that would aid the DA in bringing this case to trial other than the fact you already know he is azzhat?

And his taking a beating is immaterial...? Pretty sure that is very material..

He had 4 months of basic police training. Regardless he is not a police officer. He should have known better.

Here is how I look at this. If I started following someone obviously on the street and they turned and challenged me, and I didn't back off it would likely lead to a fight. If I then pull out my gun and shoot that person dead because they are hitting me, I'm guilty of manslaughter period. Zimmerman decided to push this and that ended with a kid dead. He should be held accountable for it. It may not lead to a conviction in a legal sense, but what he did was wrong.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 12:52 PM
Ignoring police authority to break off contact is a fact? BS. 911 operators are not LEOs and have absolutely no authority. Someone needs to get their facts checked.

I bet you're going to find this "sir we don't need you to do that [follow him]" request from the 911 operator came much later in the whole incident. Probably when Z was walking back to his car (i.e. complying with the request) and then Trayvoynee, jumped out and started beating him to death.

Zimmerman had no legal authority either. Won't be proved either way and regardless he showed extremely poor judgment in that situation.

OULenexaman
4/4/2012, 12:54 PM
I concur. It isn't a legal thing at all and unfortunately that is a whole other discussion. Just common sense would have been nice. Might I ask then.....what happened to yours?

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:18 PM
Might I ask then.....what happened to yours?

Common sense lacking in what manner? It is common sense not to provoke a confrontation like that. Zimmerman absolutely did that.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 01:21 PM
Common sense lacking in what manner? It is common sense not to provoke a confrontation like that. Zimmerman absolutely did that.
And you KNOW THIS HOW ?

okie52
4/4/2012, 01:23 PM
He had 4 months of basic police training. Regardless he is not a police officer. He should have known better.

Here is how I look at this. If I started following someone obviously on the street and they turned and challenged me, and I didn't back off it would likely lead to a fight. If I then pull out my gun and shoot that person dead because they are hitting me, I'm guilty of manslaughter period. Zimmerman decided to push this and that ended with a kid dead. He should be held accountable for it. It may not lead to a conviction in a legal sense, but what he did was wrong.

You don't know what happened.

No one is obligated to take a beating.

Private detectives and papparrazi are all fair game for assaults by your logic. Following someone is not a crime. If the martyr to all that is good and holy had just returned to his father's house it is doubtful anything would have happened. In fact, I feel pretty certain if Zimmeran were following me I could have handled the situation without attacking him which seems to be the Trayvon supporters belief was the "only reasonable option" for Trayvon. Amazing. And, of course, knowing that Zimmerman was an azzhat.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:23 PM
And you KNOW THIS HOW ?

Simply by following. I can't judge anything else about this except that he followed and then didn't back down. If I'm carrying a gun, I'm not about to put myself in a situation like that.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:27 PM
You don't know what happened.

No one is obligated to take a beating.

Private detectives and papparrazi are all fair game for assaults by your logic. Following someone is not a crime. If the martyr to all that is good and holy had just returned to his father's house it is doubtful anything would have happened. In fact, I feel pretty certain if Zimmeran were following me I could have handled the situation without attacking him which seems to be the Trayvon supporters belief was the "only reasonable option" for Trayvon. Amazing. And, of course, knowing that Zimmerman was an azzhat.

Nope, you are taking what I say too far. Of course there is nothing wrong with following. However something happened here whether it was Zimmerman's or Martin's fault, and it started with Zimmerman. I don't even buy into the racism thing here. I just say it was poor judgment on Zimmerman's part here, and he was the adult of the two. Without the stand your ground law, I'm virtually certain he would have been charged with manslaughter. As it is, I doubt he even faces a trial.

What I'm saying in this thread is don't put yourself in bad situations. There is enough trouble that comes our way daily without doing something stupid.

okie52
4/4/2012, 01:27 PM
Simply by following. I can't judge anything else about this except that he followed and then didn't back down. If I'm carrying a gun, I'm not about to put myself in a situation like that.

And the penalty for following is to take a beating....just common sense.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 01:28 PM
And again, You KNOW he didnt back down? How ?

I read a report where he was on his way BACK to his car when Trayvon jumped HIM.

Theres way to much Slanted reporting out there that the News peeps are admitting to. For any of us to jump to conclusions about any of this ****

Plus they have now appointed some Ball Busting Bitch Prosecutor to be in charge
Z dont stand a chance

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:31 PM
And the penalty for following is to take a beating....just common sense.

You don't know any better than I do. At least I admit it. There are too many questions around the whole thing. This self-appointed watch guy killed someone. In most states, he would be arrested until they figured it out. His bad decision making cost someone their life and is going to ruin his. Again, don't put yourself in situations like that. At 28, he should know better.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:33 PM
And again, You KNOW he didnt back down? How ?

I read a report where he was on his way BACK to his car when Trayvon jumped HIM.

Theres way to much Slanted reporting out there that the News peeps are admitting to. For any of us to jump to conclusions about any of this ****

Plus they have now appointed some Ball Busting Bitch Prosecutor to be in charge
Z dont stand a chance

Agreed on both sides. I just want it evenly talked about. Too much rhetoric on both sides. Unfortunately all we really have is Zimmerman's testimony. I can't see a reason why Martin would have jumped him, but given the way this is unfolded, it could have easily happened. If he does go to trial, I can't see any way they get a conviction.

olevetonahill
4/4/2012, 01:34 PM
You don't know any better than I do. At least I admit it. There are too many questions around the whole thing. This self-appointed watch guy killed someone. In most states, he would be arrested until they figured it out. His bad decision making cost someone their life and is going to ruin his. Again, don't put yourself in situations like that. At 28, he should know better.

Where do you get that he was "Self Appointed"

Quit making **** up.

okie52
4/4/2012, 01:35 PM
Nope, you are taking what I say too far. Of course there is nothing wrong with following. However something happened here whether it was Zimmerman's or Martin's fault, and it started with Zimmerman. I don't even buy into the racism thing here. I just say it was poor judgment on Zimmerman's part here, and he was the adult of the two. Without the stand your ground law, I'm virtually certain he would have been charged with manslaughter. As it is, I doubt he even faces a trial.

What I'm saying in this thread is don't put yourself in bad situations. There is enough trouble that comes our way daily without doing something stupid.

I don't see the manslaughter charge at all if someone was attacked who carries a firearm. The "stand your ground" many lawyers have said doesn't apply here and it shouldn't have to apply...simply the right of self defense. If Zimmerman was taunting Martin that might be different. A neighborhood watch captain following a stranger in the neighborhood really doesn't seem provocative to me.

okie52
4/4/2012, 01:42 PM

Exactly.

I don't know what happened nor does anyone on this board but there are many such as yourself demanding Zimmerman be brought to trial...yet the DA hasn't seen it that way after a month of investigation.

Zimmerman could be a sicko and maliciously sought out Martin but so far there has not been enough evidence to support that position or that Zimmerman did anything illegal. He may still be charged with a crime but it seems ridiculous to charge someone if the DA doesn't think there is enough evidence to convict him.

jkjsooner
4/4/2012, 01:45 PM

Here's the tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgR7gCxXQYg

Zimmerman said "he's running" at 2:07. At 2:24 the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that."

Zimmerman was obviously saying Martin was running away from him. Later said "down towards the other entrance" and "he ran" both of which were stated in a manner that strongly imply that Martin was not running towards Zimmerman.

There is no way you can conclude after listening to the call that Trayvon was about to pounce on Zimmerman right after the dispatcher told Zimmerman that that didn't need him to follow Martin.

Transcript:

Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left…uh, yeah, you go straight in, don’t turn, and make a left. **** he’s running.
Dispatcher: He’s running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: OK. Which entrance is that that he’s heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance…[mutters]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?

The funny thing is a lot of the calls you see out there actually have the "he's running" edited out. It seems someone outside of NBC is doing their own editing.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2012, 01:50 PM
Peeps keep talking about how the 911 operator told him to "stand down", or "we dont need you to do that". How do we know his reception didn't cut out when she said that? We don't, just like we don't know **** about the rest of it either...

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2012, 01:53 PM
Here's the tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgR7gCxXQYg

Zimmerman said "he's running" at 2:07. At 2:24 the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that."

Zimmerman was obviously saying Martin was running away from him. Later said "down towards the other entrance" and "he ran" both of which were stated in a manner that strongly imply that Martin was not running towards Zimmerman.

There is no way you can conclude after listening to the call that Trayvon was about to pounce on Zimmerman right after the dispatcher told Zimmerman that that didn't need him to follow Martin.

Transcript:

The funny thing is a lot of the calls you see out there actually have the "he's running" edited out. It seems someone outside of NBC is doing their own editing.Heh. Looks like we got a Magnum, P.I. in our midst...

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 01:53 PM
Exactly.

I don't know what happened nor does anyone on this board but there are many such as yourself demanding Zimmerman be brought to trial...yet the DA hasn't seen it that way after a month of investigation.

Zimmerman could be a sicko and maliciously sought out Martin but so far there has not been enough evidence to support that position or that Zimmerman did anything illegal. He may still be charged with a crime but it seems ridiculous to charge someone if the DA doesn't think there is enough evidence to convict him.

I guarantee that if you were in a fight in most any other state, and you pulled out a gun and shot and killed the other guy with no witnesses, you would be arrested. The trial may or may not happen, since it would probably be a plea.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2012, 01:55 PM
I guarantee that if you were in a fight in most any other state, and you pulled out a gun and shot and killed the other guy with no witnesses, you would be arrested. The trial may or may not happen, since it would probably be a plea.You would guarantee that?

okie52
4/4/2012, 02:00 PM
I guarantee that if you were in a fight in most any other state, and you pulled out a gun and shot and killed the other guy with no witnesses, you would be arrested. The trial may or may not happen, since it would probably be a plea.

A plea for what...a reduced sentence for defending yourself? So most states don't support self defense laws? Now someone may be arrested as Zimmerman was but there had better be evidence that substantiates the shooters guilt or the case would be thrown out of court.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 02:07 PM
A plea for what...a reduced sentence for defending yourself? So most states don't support self defense laws? Now someone may be arrested as Zimmerman was but there had better be evidence that substantiates the shooters guilt or the case would be thrown out of court.

A plea bargain. Probably reduced to no jail time or probation. Most people can't afford to sit in jail or go through the costs that a criminal court trial entails. It isn't like the random case out there gets any attention at all that causes people to contribute to a legal defense fund. My wife's family has a number of DAs, judges, etc. I hear this all the time.

Where one guy is standing over the dead body of another and is he said only, he would be arrested. Conviction totally different of course.

Midtowner
4/4/2012, 02:17 PM

Zimmerman was placed under arrest.

--just not charged (yet, if ever).

The way the law is written, the pursuit part may make him a dumbass, but it doesn't matter. If Martin attacked (and it's up to the state to prove he didn't), then Zimmerman's self-defense argument works just fine. From what the media has been able to ferret out regarding the forensics, I think Zimmerman's self-defense argument is probably strong enough to keep charges from ever being filed.

If charges are filed, I think Zimmerman gets a pretty good plea offer from the D.A. No way the D.A. wants to take this to trial and end up with an acquittal, which is likely.

That said, self-defense laws ought to require some duty to retreat unless you're in your home or business, or at the very least there should be no protection for those who actively pursue the person who ends up being a threat.

jkjsooner
4/4/2012, 02:19 PM
Since NBC took heat for their editing of the tape, it would be nice to have some other news outlets take heat for leaving off the "he's running" part from the tape. Compare the two.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/68871920/News/George-Zimmerman-911-call-reporting-Trayvon-Martin

http://mysanfordherald.com/view/full_story/17920502/article-Sanford-police-release-911-calls-in-Trayvon-Martin-shooting?instance=news_page

okie52
4/4/2012, 02:21 PM
A plea bargain. Probably reduced to no jail time or probation. Most people can't afford to sit in jail or go through the costs that a criminal court trial entails. It isn't like the random case out there gets any attention at all that causes people to contribute to a legal defense fund. My wife's family has a number of DAs, judges, etc. I hear this all the time.

Where one guy is standing over the dead body of another and is he said only, he would be arrested. Conviction totally different of course.

Well that's another issue on an innocent man being restored to whole in this country...whether we are talking criminal or civil. And that would be my point with Zimmerman and the current DA...if he is innocent and/or the DA has insufficient evidence then why put the state and the individual through the legal costs of a trial?

Midtowner
4/4/2012, 02:32 PM
Well that's another issue on an innocent man being restored to whole in this country...whether we are talking criminal or civil. And that would be my point with Zimmerman and the current DA...if he is innocent and/or the DA has insufficient evidence then why put the state and the individual through the legal costs of a trial?

We have several safeguards to prevent District Attorneys from taking cases to trial which shouldn't go. First, I believe that this case is being presented to a Grand Jury. While not a lot of protection, that's something. Then, the Defendant (dunno if FL is similar) is entitled to a preliminary hearing where a judge will dismiss the case unless the state presents probable cause for the case being bound over for trial. Only then do you get to go to trial and at that point, you have to convince a jury of guilt.

So there are some procedural safeguards.

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 02:41 PM
We have several safeguards to prevent District Attorneys from taking cases to trial which shouldn't go. First, I believe that this case is being presented to a Grand Jury. While not a lot of protection, that's something. Then, the Defendant (dunno if FL is similar) is entitled to a preliminary hearing where a judge will dismiss the case unless the state presents probable cause for the case being bound over for trial. Only then do you get to go to trial and at that point, you have to convince a jury of guilt.

There are yes. Typically though Grand Juries are just rubber stamps of the prosecutor. The preliminary hearing has a lower threshold for continuing, so I doubt that happens too. Kind of sad really.

I'm actually not sure he was arrested per se. I read some stuff on another board that suggested that transporting a suspect in a police car necessitated handcuffs. There is apparently a 179 day window to charge him once he has been arrested. I'm not sure if double jeopardy applies if not, but someone said he had definitely not been arrested. Again I don't know what to believe in this case.

jkjsooner
4/4/2012, 02:44 PM
Lawmakers now targeting gun law's and neighborhood watch's...

I'm still trying to figure out what "gun law" and "neighborhood watch" possesses that the lawmakers are targeting.

Midtowner
4/4/2012, 03:19 PM
There are yes. Typically though Grand Juries are just rubber stamps of the prosecutor. The preliminary hearing has a lower threshold for continuing, so I doubt that happens too. Kind of sad really.

I'm actually not sure he was arrested per se. I read some stuff on another board that suggested that transporting a suspect in a police car necessitated handcuffs. There is apparently a 179 day window to charge him once he has been arrested. I'm not sure if double jeopardy applies if not, but someone said he had definitely not been arrested. Again I don't know what to believe in this case.

Double Jeopardy doesn't attach until the jury is seated or the first witness is sworn or a plea is accepted in the criminal trial. FL might have more defendant protections, but that's what the U.S. Constitution gives us.

Midtowner
4/4/2012, 03:20 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what "gun law" and "neighborhood watch" possesses that the lawmakers are targeting.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q7yhoj_JZ1s/STlLATUV4BI/AAAAAAAAAvk/GjBw7UGXVTE/s400/apostrophes-womens-400.jpg

Skysooner
4/4/2012, 03:33 PM
Double Jeopardy doesn't attach until the jury is seated or the first witness is sworn or a plea is accepted in the criminal trial. FL might have more defendant protections, but that's what the U.S. Constitution gives us.

Was pretty sure that was the case, but the other board wasn't clear. It may simply have been that charges have to be filed within 179 days or the defendant is kicked loose if he can't afford bail.

okie52
4/4/2012, 03:36 PM

Thanks.

soonercruiser
4/4/2012, 10:56 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q7yhoj_JZ1s/STlLATUV4BI/AAAAAAAAAvk/GjBw7UGXVTE/s400/apostrophes-womens-400.jpg

Don't worry about the Neighborhood Watch folks!

The Punctuation Police are on duty!
No argument can be made without the teacher's red marks!
:dispirited:

soonercruiser
4/4/2012, 10:58 PM
OK!
Any of you lefties see the interview with Zimmerman's father this evening??

Oh! It was on FOX!
But, then more people probably watched it in prime time.....than they would have on another channel!
:playful:

Midtowner
4/5/2012, 09:53 AM
Watched it. I doubt they'd be claiming Zimmerman received a broken nose if that wasn't true as that's a pretty easy to verify item. The father here is apparently a former judge, so we're not dealing with a drugged-up pharmacist who is going to change his story several times before trial. They're handling this exactly right.

Unless the state has some evidence that Martin broke Zimmerman's nose in self-defense, then I don't think the state has a very good case at all.

OULenexaman
4/5/2012, 10:01 AM
WOW.....what a 180 Mid just took......and now we have NBC on the apology of the tape hack. Sky getting his common sense back. Wonder if Al and Jesse know this?

soonercruiser
4/5/2012, 11:19 AM
Wow!

Next thing you know Obama will be making a third public statement on the subject and washing his hands like Pontius Pilot!

Give us Barabas!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2012, 12:05 PM
Zimmerman will be no billed and exonerated.

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 12:19 PM
Zimmerman will be no billed and exonerated.

I figured that from the beginning. I'll bet the push to change the law will continue whether Cruiser gets his personal apology from the President or not....lol

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 12:22 PM
Agreed on both sides. I just want it evenly talked about. Too much rhetoric on both sides. Unfortunately all we really have is Zimmerman's testimony. I can't see a reason why Martin would have jumped him, but given the way this is unfolded, it could have easily happened. If he does go to trial, I can't see any way they get a conviction.

What gets me is the one lady that doesn't want to be a witness but calls 911 crying about how she no longer wishes to live there. Once she finds out Zimmerman is on Neighborhood Watch gunning down people walking through the neighborhood....she should be relieved.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/5/2012, 12:55 PM
Wow!

Next thing you know Obama will be making a third public statement on the subject and washing his hands like Pontius Pilot!

Give us Barabas!

Extra points for Holy Week reference.

C&CDean
4/5/2012, 01:26 PM
So, it's kinda looking like the stupid negroes and equally stupid caucasians who wanted to fry this poor bastard on the spot might shoulda STFU and waited until some facts came out. Typical.

Oh yeah, this POS ain't gonna make 24 pages like the last POS thread. Way too much time/energy/ink/keystrokes/thought has been wasted on this deal already. Enough already.

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 01:46 PM
Can we revive the Casey Anthony Thread? :D ;)

C&CDean
4/5/2012, 02:40 PM
Only if you got nekkid crotch shots.

jkjsooner
4/6/2012, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, this POS ain't gonna make 24 pages like the last POS thread. Way too much time/energy/ink/keystrokes/thought has been wasted on this deal already. Enough already.

I guess I don't get what your role is as an administrator. You take it upon yourself to decide what issues are worth talking about and what has been fully discussed?

I've never seen a board run that way. Most admins just try to keep the conversations on topic for the board and civil.

I guess it's your power trip so have at it...

olevetonahill
4/6/2012, 12:31 PM
I guess I don't get what your role is as an administrator. You take it upon yourself to decide what issues are worth talking about and what has been fully discussed?

I've never seen a board run that way. Most admins just try to keep the conversations on topic for the board and civil.

Kinda Like America, Ya dont Like it ? Leave it .

Midtowner
4/6/2012, 12:31 PM

So long as he's paying the bills for us to run our mouths on the internet, that's kind of his prerogative.

pphilfran
4/6/2012, 12:39 PM
I say we overthrow his butt...Soonerfans Day!

But...but who is going to pay the bills? Who is going to keep the thing up and running? Who else could supply such a calming affect?

Screw it...I will stick with what we gotz...

jkjsooner
4/6/2012, 04:46 PM
I didn't say it wasn't his prerogative. I didn't know Dean was paying the bills...

olevetonahill
4/6/2012, 05:01 PM
I didn't say it wasn't his prerogative. I didn't know Dean was paying the bills...
Dont matter if he is or isnt . He can still do WTF he wants

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 11:14 AM

I don't have a "role" as an administrator. You wanna try to push this POS to 24-pages like the last POS about the dead little POS and I will ixnay it in the uttbay. Why? You really shouldn't have to axe, however, my powertrip has nothing to do with it. Powertrip. Heh.

sappstuf
4/9/2012, 11:25 AM
I say we overthrow his butt...Soonerfans Day!

But...but who is going to pay the bills? Who is going to keep the thing up and running? Who else could supply such a calming affect?

Screw it...I will stick with what we gotz...

What has Dean ever done for us?!?

ExWfh6sGyso

jkjsooner
4/9/2012, 11:52 AM
I don't have a "role" as an administrator. You wanna try to push this POS to 24-pages like the last POS about the dead little POS and I will ixnay it in the uttbay. Why? You really shouldn't have to axe, however, my powertrip has nothing to do with it. Powertrip. Heh.

I've never heard an admin interject himself into the topic to such a level that he calls the dead kid a "dead POS" and definitely not use his power as an admin to close threads simply because he disagrees with them. Usually they try to stay above that level.

This is a single thread. The conversations have remained on topic and for the most part civil. Anyone can ignore it if they don't like it or aren't interested in it.

Closing this thread is more of a statement on your opinion on Trayvon Martin than anything else.

But, again, it's your power trip and you have the right to have it...

jkjsooner
4/9/2012, 12:26 PM
Kinda Like America, Ya dont Like it ? Leave it .

So you never complain about something the government does? I don't see you jumping on a ship every time Obama does something you don't like. Or, by chance does "love it or leave it" only apply to those who disagree with you?

I'd agree about the board. I might criticize Dean from time to time but if I dislike it too much I'd leave. But that statement does not apply to America. People from all political persuasions have changed America throughout our history.

olevetonahill
4/9/2012, 12:39 PM
So you never complain about something the government does? I don't see you jumping on a ship every time Obama does something you don't like. Or, by chance does "love it or leave it" only apply to those who disagree with you?

I'd agree about the board. I might criticize Dean from time to time but if I dislike it too much I'd leave. But that statement does not apply to America. People from all political persuasions have changed America throughout our history.

Those that disagree with ME . Dont like it? Leave or ya can Ignore it

Now how is this thread stayin ON TOPIC again? Oh yea it was about Lawmakers targeting gun law's and neighborhood watch's...
And Yall have turned it back into a POOR POS hoodie wearin Victim thread .

Can ya NOT see that is what Dean is referring to?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/9/2012, 12:43 PM
So is this going to be an armed SF.com revolution or are we going with civil disobedience for now?

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 12:45 PM
You mother****ers better come well armed if'n we're going that route.

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 12:45 PM
Oh yea it was about Lawmakers targeting gun law's and neighborhood watch's...

Obviously not.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/9/2012, 12:48 PM

Are we going to find you in a spiderhole like Saddam Hussein Dean?

pphilfran
4/9/2012, 12:48 PM

lol

Curly Bill
4/9/2012, 12:56 PM

Damn! This sounds like an invitation!

...wait, what are we fighting about?

OU_Sooners75
4/9/2012, 12:57 PM
Some negro gets shot (justly or unjustly) and they want to change the laws?

Where was the outcry when they are killing themselves in gang wars and crap like that?

olevetonahill
4/9/2012, 01:50 PM
Damn! This sounds like an invitation!

...wait, what are we fighting about?

Who cares? WE havin a fight and the Deanarosa is the HQ

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 01:53 PM
Are we going to find you in a spiderhole like Saddam Hussein Dean?

Heh. Nah, first of all, I ain't stupid enough to name my kids Uday and Pussay. Secondly, my boys can shoot Thirdly, I ain't even got a fraidy hole.

jkjsooner
4/9/2012, 02:02 PM
Some negro gets shot (justly or unjustly) and they want to change the laws?

Where was the outcry when they are killing themselves in gang wars and crap like that?

You fail to realize the important distinction here. They know who the shooter is, he hasn't been charged and the law may protect him. Whether you agree or disagree, you can't deny that it is this distinction that separates this case from your average homicide.

jkjsooner
4/9/2012, 02:06 PM
Those that disagree with ME . Dont like it? Leave or ya can Ignore it

Now how is this thread stayin ON TOPIC again? Oh yea it was about Lawmakers targeting gun law's and neighborhood watch's...

Okay, it's strayed a little bit but the discussion is still very relevant. (Well, i guess I've taken it on a tangent a bit.)

Frankly, IF I was the owner of this board I'd love to keep hot button threads alive. It's these threads that drive traffic. The last thing I would want is an admin who closes threads because he decides he's personally tired of them.

But again I never said Dean didn't have a right to do whatever it is he wants to do.

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 02:45 PM
Okay, it's strayed a little bit but the discussion is still very relevant. (Well, i guess I've taken it on a tangent a bit.)

Frankly, IF I was the owner of this board I'd love to keep hot button threads alive. It's these threads that drive traffic. The last thing I would want is an admin who closes threads because he decides he's personally tired of them.

But again I never said Dean didn't have a right to do whatever it is he wants to do.

This particular topic is not a "hot button" topic - in fact, it's like soooo last month and ****. If it's still hot to you then perhaps you need to get out more often or something. Besides, I've never shut anything down for being "personally tired" of it. I shut it down when it becomes painfully redundant, and you end up with the same 2-3 droolers saying the same 2-3 things back and forth. When it stops going somehwere, it becomes tiresome. The dead skittlehoody boy story has reached that plateau/threshold, don't you think?

olevetonahill
4/9/2012, 03:09 PM
I had a Ham an cheese fer lunch. What you have ?

C&CDean
4/9/2012, 03:12 PM
I had a Ham an cheese fer lunch. What you have ?

Messican. Tio's down in Pauls Valley. It weren't very good.

olevetonahill
4/9/2012, 03:22 PM
Messican. Tio's down in Pauls Valley. It weren't very good.

Ima have me some left over Hamburger helper fer super

StoopTroup
4/9/2012, 03:28 PM
Does a couple of droolers talking about their lunch qualify to shut this down?

If it does....I'm cool with it...LMAO.

soonercruiser
4/9/2012, 08:40 PM
Left-over Ham and German potato salad.
Or is that "potatoe"? Hummmmm....tastes the same!

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure why anyone think this story's over.

Zimmerman hasn't even been charged yet.

ALEC the group behind the Stand Your Ground Law is now losing lots of corporate sponsors.

5-0

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure why anyone think this story's over.

Zimmerman hasn't even been charged yet.

ALEC the group behind the Stand Your Ground Law is now losing lots of corporate sponsors.

5-0

Yeah? Where's the list?

Midtowner
4/10/2012, 07:30 AM
Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Kraft, Bill & Melinda Gates from what I've found with Google.

Not a huge list, but those are some decently major names. AT&T is considering it.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 07:38 AM
Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Kraft, Bill & Melinda Gates from what I've found with Google.

Not a huge list, but those are some decently major names. AT&T is considering it.

Looks like I'm an exclusive Dr Pepper man now.

okie52
4/10/2012, 07:54 AM
PepsiCo left before Martin attacked Zimmerman.

okie52
4/10/2012, 08:02 AM
Looks like I'm an exclusive Dr Pepper man now.

Never heard of ALEC until today and I'm already a big fan.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 08:58 AM
Never heard of ALEC until today and I'm already a big fan.

In know! Can I like invest in em or something?

...and if Pepsi left em before the shooting I may let them continue to share a space in my fridge with Dr Pepper.

pphilfran
4/10/2012, 09:03 AM
In know! Can I like invest in em or something?

...and if Pepsi left em before the shooting I may let them continue to share a space in my fridge with Dr Pepper.

It is not quite so clear cut...

In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of pre-Dr Pepper/Seven Up-merger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 09:07 AM
It is not quite so clear cut...

In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of pre-Dr Pepper/Seven Up-merger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.

So...you're sayin I gotta start drinking water? ...or beer!

olevetonahill
4/10/2012, 09:09 AM
So...you're sayin I gotta start drinking water? ...or beer!

Beer, **** all that SodyPop

OULenexaman
4/10/2012, 12:20 PM
I go with Ginger Ale by Canada Dry.....it kinda makes me think I'm drinkin a beer when I can't be drinkin a beer......probably why they invented it.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 12:34 PM
I'm having a Pepsi with lunch right now. If I boycotted all the companies that go all stupid and PC I'd prolly have to produce all my own stuff.