PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruiser

diverdog
4/1/2012, 03:06 PM
Just got home from West Virginia. We did a 35 mile 3 day Appalachia Trail backpacking trip near and around Harpers Ferry. Some of those hills over there kicked my ***. Beautiful country and incredibly nice people. One thing I enjoyed was meeting all these hikers who were Eagle Scouts in their youth. Last night we hung out with a bunch of Mid-Shipmen from the USNA. The were with the Naval Academy Eagle Scout Association. Great group of young men.The area around Harpers Ferry is absolutely beautiful. If there were jobs in WV I would move there.

jkjsooner
4/1/2012, 03:21 PM
Last night we hung out with a bunch of Mid-Shipmen from the USNA. The were with the Naval Academy Eagle Scout Association.

And there you go. That's the kind of guy you want your daughter bringing home.

The area around Harpers Ferry is absolutely beautiful. If there were jobs in WV I would move there.

You could do the drive into DC. People do it.

cleller
4/1/2012, 04:05 PM
What's going on here? I read that post twice and can find nothing worthy of arguing and name calling.

I bet most of those hikers eat granola and stuff.

diverdog
4/1/2012, 07:02 PM
What's going on here? I read that post twice and can find nothing worthy of arguing and name calling.I bet most of those hikers eat granola and stuff. Yeah we met some weird dudes. One guy we met has hiked the AT three times. He does nothing but hike the major trails in the US and he is 71 years old. BTW, Cruiser is a West Virginia boy.