PDA

View Full Version : You only thought Texas couldn't get any uglier

SoonerStud615
3/29/2012, 08:03 PM
Check out these new duds our friends in Austin will be practicing in. Will something like this ever translate to the field?

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/ericg320/JERSEY.png

http://p.twimg.com/ApKQxMyCAAEMJ6-.jpg

http://p.twimg.com/ApKQti_CAAArqwE.jpg

http://p.twimg.com/ApKQf-XCIAAu448.jpg

http://p.twimg.com/ApKRaN1CAAAYM6P.jpg

http://p.twimg.com/ApKRUPqCEAADqzD.jpg

Boomer Mooner
3/29/2012, 08:56 PM
Sweet Jeebus, looks like OSU envy.

8timechamps
3/29/2012, 09:32 PM
A couple of years ago, I noticed teams starting to get kinda wild with their uniforms for their spring games (Oregon and Ohio State specifically). I guess now it's on to practice unis.

If I didn't hate Texas so much, I would kinda like those.

SoonerObsession
3/29/2012, 09:41 PM
If I didn't hate Texas so much...I'd only hate those with 99% of my being.

LVSOONER15
3/29/2012, 10:03 PM
Next.

SicEmBaylor
3/29/2012, 10:29 PM
They're not totally hideous.

ouwasp
3/29/2012, 11:32 PM

I'd go with 98% hideous.

MamaMia
3/29/2012, 11:41 PM
Eww, yuck. That hurts my eyes.

StoopTroup
3/30/2012, 01:24 AM
Get ready. Somebody in Norman is getting ready to unleash a turd soon. You can't continue to be a Top Ten Team every year and not succumb to somebody's pressure to accept some of these new Threads that Nike and others seem to be pushing.

I just have a feeling that the Monster will be getting ready to face some change to our Unis soon.

agoo758
3/30/2012, 02:41 AM
What is everyone's fascination with ****ing black? I thought the " xtreme GI JOE, super soaker 3000 all magma" mentality stopped being cool at the age of 6.

LASooner
3/30/2012, 04:05 AM
Please...... do not let Nike do that to Oklahoma.

Those are terrible

LASooner
3/30/2012, 04:18 AM
nm

vtsooner21
3/30/2012, 06:15 AM
If I may paraphrase The Boz, "Did somebody puke"?
Boomer

bmjlr
3/30/2012, 08:05 AM
What is everyone's fascination with ****ing black? I thought the " xtreme GI JOE, super soaker 3000 all magma" mentality stopped being cool at the age of 6.

My thoughts exactly!

Aries
3/30/2012, 08:13 AM
It looks as good as what they wear now. :succ:

sooneredaco
3/30/2012, 08:31 AM
It's burnt orange. You can't make it look good. It's like putting rose pedals on piece of sh!t. It's still sh!t

PrideMom
3/30/2012, 08:33 AM
I hope that OU doesn't do that!! Who needs it?

LVSOONER15
3/30/2012, 09:07 AM
I hope that OU doesn't do that!! Who needs it?

We sure as hell don't. I think if we wanted to do we would o done it last year or the year before.

Fraggle145
3/30/2012, 09:17 AM

Stop it. You are better than that.

PalmettoSooner
3/30/2012, 09:29 AM
I hope OU never follows this trend but you are seeing more and more teams do this. It is just a way for Nike and UA to gain attention and market their brands. Look at this past season. The UGA/ Bosie game - nobody really talked about the game much but talked about the uniforms. The same thing happend with Maryland last season when they introduced their uniforms. Nike and Oregon started this trend and now more and more schools are trying to become unique in how they look.

Jacie
3/30/2012, 09:42 AM
Is there a benefit such as the company provides them gratis? If it is only OUr practice uni's then bring it on but please do not mess with the product that takes the field on gameday.

Boomer.....
3/30/2012, 10:22 AM
Those are bad!

Herr Scholz
3/30/2012, 10:28 AM
I don't like them but the kids do. I don't have a problem with it as long as they stay in practice. There would be a huge uproar if they wore those things in a game.

sooneredaco
3/30/2012, 10:32 AM
I don't like them but the kids do. I don't have a problem with it as long as they stay in practice. There would be a huge uproar if they wore those things in a game.

Seriously what's to like about a color that looks like a dog tore into a bag of Cheetos and took a sh !t

Herr Scholz
3/30/2012, 10:57 AM
C'mon, everyone knows it's God's color. What, you don't like sunsets? ;)

Fraggle145
3/30/2012, 03:38 PM
C'mon, everyone knows it's God's color. What, you don't like sunsets? ;)

I dont know many sunsets that look like a baby just took a giant **** all over the sky...

AlboSooner
3/30/2012, 03:51 PM
only because the majority here dislikes them. amirite?

SunnySooner
3/30/2012, 03:55 PM
Good Gawd, I can't un-remember that. Blech.

And not to belabor, but I must agree. There's no way to get the ugly outta anything with burnt orange on it.

Hmm. Burnt Orange--B.O. A color so ugly it smells bad. Like cows. I see a theme here.

agoo758
3/30/2012, 04:32 PM
I love the look Mack Brown gives in the background: as in "Oh yes, NOW we've got it figured it out!"

8timechamps
3/30/2012, 07:22 PM

Ding, ding, ding....winner!

That's the motivation behind much of the uniform madness out there. Texas is just getting a jump on the next trend to hit the scene. It's going to come (in one way or another) to Norman. I hope it's just practice unis though.

I really don't mind the white ones, and they are just practice uniforms. Most fans (if not all) could care less what the practice uniforms look like anyway.

cleller
3/31/2012, 08:20 AM
I think with all the crazy uniforms showing up, there has to be something behind it. As in, schools have done research and realized today's crop of 18 year superstar football players can be swayed by colorful crap as much as storied tradition. We've all seen the videos of the loud frenzy that can occur in a state of the art locker room/training complex when some goofy looking jersey is trotted out.

They're just catering to their customers.

SoonerorLater
3/31/2012, 10:04 AM
" You only thought Texas couldn't get any uglier"

I have never thought Texas couldn't get any uglier

MamaMia
3/31/2012, 02:20 PM
I don't like them but the kids do. I don't have a problem with it as long as they stay in practice. There would be a huge uproar if they wore those things in a game.Mack Brown likes them too. The color matches his teeth.

virginiasooner
3/31/2012, 04:19 PM
" You only thought Texas couldn't get any uglier"

I have never thought Texas couldn't get any uglier

It's Halloween all year round!

Please, Bob -- stand up to Phil Knight. Don't let them do that to us!

MyT Oklahoma
3/31/2012, 09:47 PM
It's Halloween all year round!

Please, Bob -- stand up to Phil Knight. Don't let them do that to us!

Amen!

MamaMia
3/31/2012, 10:02 PM
C'mon, everyone knows it's God's color. What, you don't like sunsets? ;)We are more into sunrises.

soonerloyal
4/1/2012, 12:52 AM
"Perhaps there is some insight in the school colors of the two universities. OU's colors are crimson and cream, and UT's color is burnt orange. Crimson and cream are the colors of blood and guts, of bone and marrow -- they represent commitment and a depth of conviction. This is in keeping with the attitudes expressed by OU's head coach Bob Stoops: no nonsense, no excuses, win by better preparation and more heart. Burnt orange is the color of the setting sun as seen through a thick haze -- it represents a time when the once bright sun has subsided over the horizon, a time when even the sun is reduced to modest heat and brightness. This is in keeping with the squandered talent and the attitudes expressed by UT's head coach Mack Brown: UT doesn't really lose games, they just "run out of time" like the last few minutes of daylight at sunset."

SoonerSpock
4/1/2012, 07:23 AM
Nothing more than a Nike to guise the longhorns in attire that generates the sale of more Longhorn gear to have more money to better fund the Oregon Ducks.

SoonerofAlabama
4/1/2012, 08:34 PM
It's not even just the burnt orange though, just ugly. bad style.

Ruf/Nek7
4/1/2012, 09:11 PM
Nike just became the official equipment sponsor of the NFL too so don't be shocked when your favorite pro team is donning the same shizz

hgarmorer
4/2/2012, 09:32 PM
The only thing I like is the state flag on the pants...not thier flag of course. Besides that, meh.

NWOSURanger
4/3/2012, 07:02 AM
But it looks good on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs

LASooner
4/4/2012, 02:02 AM
Burnt orange is the color of the setting sun as seen through a thick haze -- it represents a time when the once bright sun has subsided over the horizon, a time when even the sun is reduced to modest heat and brightness. This is in keeping with the squandered talent and the attitudes expressed by UT's head coach Mack Brown: UT doesn't really lose games, they just "run out of time" like the last few minutes of daylight at sunset."

It's also the color of baby poop