PDA

View Full Version : By Gawd, Yall lay off Obama now

olevetonahill
3/28/2012, 05:37 PM
About the Off shore stuff. Hes On top of it

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-oks-oil-exploration-along-atlantic-coast-not-171200647--abc-news-politics.html

StoopTroup
3/28/2012, 06:41 PM
What is amazing to me is that the Gulf Spill was the largest spill in history and The President's action got that damn thing cleaned up faster than any other huge spill I've ever seen. The Valdez spill....they say you can still find signs of that spill in Alaska and yet it was much smaller than the Gulf Spill. So when we all watched BP fumble around and basically lie about how they had it all under control....I just don't feel very upset about him making them wait 5 years to drill. Had they stopped the spill and not ended up turning the Gulf of Mexico into an environmental catastrophe, I'm guessing they might have a better relationship.

Unfortunately they don't. Since many folks don't like this POTUS and are making a political talking point that is negative instead of a great and immaculate job of getting that mess cleaned up.

pphilfran
3/28/2012, 06:49 PM
What is amazing to me is that the Gulf Spill was the largest spill in history and The President's action got that damn thing cleaned up faster than any other huge spill I've ever seen. The Valdez spill....they say you can still find signs of that spill in Alaska and yet it was much smaller than the Gulf Spill. So when we all watched BP fumble around and basically lie about how they had it all under control....I just don't feel very upset about him making them wait 5 years to drill. Had they stopped the spill and not ended up turning the Gulf of Mexico into an environmental catastrophe, I'm guessing they might have a better relationship.

Unfortunately they don't. Since many folks don't like this POTUS and are making a political talking point that is negative instead of a great and immaculate job of getting that mess cleaned up.

How far off shore was the Valdez?

How far off shore was the deep water Horizon?

How remote was the coastline of the Valdez?

How remote was the coastline of the Horizon?

What was the water temp in the Valdez disaster?

What was the water temp in the Horizon mess?

There were significant differences that made cleanups much easier in the Gulf...

Turd_Ferguson
3/28/2012, 07:11 PM
How far off shore was the Valdez?

How far off shore was the deep water Horizon?

How remote was the coastline of the Valdez?

How remote was the coastline of the Horizon?

What was the water temp in the Valdez disaster?

What was the water temp in the Horizon mess?

There were significant differences that made cleanups much easier in the Gulf...

DO NOT CONFUSE!!

http://s.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/9204_comical_ali_jpg.jpeg

OU_Sooners75
3/28/2012, 07:27 PM

Yeah, because Obama was out there cleaning it up himself.

Give me a ****ing break. His actions? What the **** did he do to clean it up? BP and other companies were cleaning it up well before the President even said a ****ing word about it.

I do applaud him for acting a lot quicker than what Bush did with Katrina.

soonercruiser
3/30/2012, 01:57 PM
Obama's actions were....
When he and his cabinet's plane landed on the ground, Obama and his right-hand person cursed out Gindal and company for making Obama look bad!
THAT, was Obama's priority at the time! (....and still is....)

Bourbon St Sooner
3/30/2012, 02:06 PM
The announcement by the Interior Department sets into motion what will be at least a five year environmental survey to determine whether and where oil production might occur.

Wow! only a five year study. I can just see the derricks on the horizon.

soonercruiser
3/30/2012, 02:13 PM
Just think! He was for exploration, before he was against it, before he was for it!

Actually that ABC headline sounds like a story title in Playboy mag.

Curly Bill
3/30/2012, 02:16 PM

With an over the top cheeseball line like that I would accuse you of fishing...

...sadly I think you probably believe it.

Earth to ST, come in ST!