PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to Nuke a Tater?

olevetonahill
3/28/2012, 05:19 PM
My MV has a turntable deal in it, The taters dont get cooked right when I just push that tater button .

pphilfran
3/28/2012, 06:01 PM
Purchase an airline ticket to Fukushima, Japan....

pphilfran
3/28/2012, 06:54 PM
Actually I give them a couple of minutes of cook time....let em rest a bit...then nuke em a second time...don't forget to poke holes in them to keep em from turning into a tater mega bomb...

cleller
3/28/2012, 06:56 PM
Never been successful at it. The best I've done is cut down the oven time some.

Baked taters and ovens are for each other.

pphilfran
3/28/2012, 06:58 PM
Never been successful at it. The best I've done is cut down the oven time some.

Baked taters and ovens are for each other.

I do that a lot...

MsProudSooner
3/28/2012, 07:19 PM
I buy those potatoes that come pre-wrapped in something like Saran wrap. They are smaller than the ultra large potatoes you see most of the time. Put them in the microwave for 7 minutes. They aren't quite as good as the ones baked in the oven, but they are pretty close.

OULenexaman
3/29/2012, 08:38 AM
speaking of taters I really like those Yukon Gold taters...I don't nuke em though....them taters are oven breeded only.

olevetonahill
3/29/2012, 08:45 AM
Ok Peeps, I live alone and I aint firing up the oven fer ONE tater

StoopTroup
3/29/2012, 09:03 AM
Poke holes with a fork in the tater on both sides. Wash the tater and while it's wet wrap it in a paper towel and then Nuke it. How long depends on how many watts your Microwave is and how big your tater is. Rule of thumb is around 2-4 minutes. I agree that you have to let them rest so once you got the tater hot wrap it in a little aluminum foil and then a towel to let the tater cook itself a bit more. Also if when you pick it up after that and it's still hard, you need to cook it at least another 2 minutes. Once you get a tater the way you like it you'll know how to do it next time.

OULenexaman
3/29/2012, 09:17 AM
Wrap in foil....set oven 375....tater in oven.....set timer 45 mins....get a beer...watch TV.....get another beer....start grill....you know the drill.

StoopTroup
3/29/2012, 09:27 AM
Wrap in foil....set oven 375....tater in oven.....set timer 45 mins....get a beer...watch TV.....get another beer....start grill....you know the drill.

Definitely the better way to go. You can wrap it in foil and put it on the engine of yer truck and go to town to buy some lotto tickets and by the time you get Home it should be ready to put up on the roof of yer house this afternoon. Dinner is at 6pm.

sooneriniowa
3/29/2012, 03:01 PM
Poke holes, place on wet paper towels in microwave, 3-4 mins, after potato is done you can wipe out the crap that's built up from never cleaning it. Ywia

olevetonahill
3/29/2012, 03:25 PM
Poke holes, place on wet paper towels in microwave, 3-4 mins, after potato is done you can wipe out the crap that's built up from never cleaning it. Ywia
Some one mentioned a Mitt er sompun fer em
Im just use a sock and make sure its damp then nuke em
Plus I got a weapon if needed

olevetonahill
3/29/2012, 03:26 PM

C&CDean
3/29/2012, 04:09 PM
Throw the ****ing taters out the window and eat a salad. I love me a good baked tater, but they make my *** fat.

pphilfran
3/29/2012, 04:24 PM

Don't use a catchers mitt cause a tater never makes it to the mitt..

olevetonahill
3/29/2012, 04:50 PM
Throw the ****ing taters out the window and eat a salad. I love me a good baked tater, but they make my *** fat.
I aint worried about YER ***. This is MINE im talkin about

SoonerInFortSmith
3/29/2012, 07:32 PM
Poke holes in it. Wrap in saran wrap. Nuke for 3 to 4 minutes then stick a knife in it to make sure its done. Saran wrap is way better then paper towels. Keeps it from drying out.

StoopTroup
3/29/2012, 09:46 PM
Has anyone mentioned that the best way to nuke one is Paint an American Flag on it and mail it to Iran and see if they will nuke it as soon as they see it.

Kinda kills two birds with one stone ya know.

Turd_Ferguson
3/29/2012, 10:08 PM
Has anyone mentioned that the best way to nuke one is Paint an American Flag on it and mail it to Iran and see if they will nuke it as soon as they see it.

Kinda kills two birds with one stone ya know.Are you high...again?

StoopTroup
3/30/2012, 01:01 AM
Are you high...again?

No. Are you trying to unload drugs on the Internet?

Once and for all, you have the wrong guy. I'm against drugs and think you pushers and suppliers should all do hard time.

Fraggle145
3/30/2012, 09:25 AM
http://www.ngoilgas.com/media/media-news/news-thumb/100602/nuclear_bomb_oil_spill.jpg