PDA

View Full Version : Mega Millions Lotto

olevetonahill
3/27/2012, 08:10 PM
Is up to 363 Million now

Will ya buy a ticket fer the Long shot of winning?
Sure the odds are 170Mil to ONE , But some ones gonna win it eventually .

Im thinking about it But aint decided yet

rock on sooner
3/27/2012, 08:11 PM
Is up to 363 Million now

Too late, I already bought the winnah!:congratulatory:

olevetonahill
3/27/2012, 08:16 PM
Well shoit. Guess I wont bother then

SanJoaquinSooner
3/27/2012, 08:36 PM
Is up to 363 Million now

Does this mean if I buy 170,000,001 tickets, with every possible combination, I'm assured of winning the mega jackpot?

nighttrain12
3/28/2012, 01:21 AM
No winner tonight. On Friday the jackpot will be worth more than 450 million dollars.

ouleaf
3/28/2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah, i don't usually play, but when the jackpot is worth more than the actual odds of winning, it's worth throwing a few bucks at.

No winner again last night, so it is now officially the largest US jackpot ever, $476MM. Said there were something like 50 tickets last night that had all 5 numbers, but no one hit the correct Mega Millions number of 24.

jkjsooner
3/28/2012, 09:04 AM
Does this mean if I buy 170,000,001 tickets, with every possible combination, I'm assured of winning the mega jackpot?

Someone actually tried that once but they couldn't process the tickets. I don't know if that's actually true or not but that's how the story goes...

Also, you're almost guaranteeing that you'll be splitting the prize. Usually when it gets up past $300 million, there's at least one winner as so many people are playing. If you bought every combination that would mean there's probably at least two winners. You could end up losing a lot of money even with a winner.

Edit: Just noticed there wasn't a winner so it would have paid off. I don't like the odds though. Most likely you would spend $170 million on tickets and end up splitting the prize 2 or 3 ways. Just watch, I bet there are at least 2 winners on the next drawing (which means you would be splitting it 3 ways if you bought every combination).

olevetonahill
3/28/2012, 09:04 AM

No winner tonight. On Friday the jackpot will be worth more than 450 million dollars.

So yer sayin RoS lied to me? That Bastage

jkjsooner
3/28/2012, 09:13 AM
Oh, and I don't think you get to deduct the $170 million you put into tickets. That means even with just two winners after taxes you're coming out way behind.

The cash option now is $341 million. You take out about 40% in taxes and you're still barely coming out ahead with just one winner.

One other thing to consider, you're much more likely dying in a car accident today than winning the lottery the next round. That being said, I might have to buy a ticket and hope my luck is on the lottery side rather than the dying in a fiery crash side.

StoopTroup
3/28/2012, 11:00 AM
Einstein Theory. Your odds of winning are lower if you don't purchase a ticket than if you buy 1 ticket but they aren't much higher if you buy 1000 tickets. I think it was something like that. So go toss a buck on a lightning strike.

Jacie
3/28/2012, 12:22 PM
$300 million wasn't enough but now that it is over $400 million I will contribute . . . and if any SF's do win, the next tailgate is on you!

Curly Bill
3/28/2012, 12:26 PM
I may throw a buck at it now. I figure I'm only gonna win it once, might as well win a big one!

Curly Bill
3/28/2012, 12:27 PM
...and if I win I'll throw the bestest tailgate ever!

...but mind the Ferrari will you?

olevetonahill
3/28/2012, 12:32 PM
I may throw a buck at it now. I figure I'm only gonna win it once, might as well win a big one!

I think most of us Know its a Loser to play. But the simple fact of it being so High now has most of us tempted.

Why not go ahead and Play when its say only 20 Mil er so.
Thats still a **** pot of money for very little investment :congratulatory:
I think Ive bought maybe 3 or 4 tickets in my life..

When the Lotto 1st started here I let em talk me into buying I think 5 of those 1 dollar scratch things Lost on every one and at that time I think every other one was a winner :unconscious:

Said To hell with it. Was at my shop one day and saw one on the ground, Picked it up and it hadnt been scratched out so I checked it
20 buck Winner so I cashed it and quit while i was a head

Curly Bill
3/28/2012, 12:35 PM
I think most of us Know its a Loser to play. But the simple fact of it being so High now has most of us tempted.

Why not go ahead and Play when its say only 20 Mil er so.
Thats still a **** pot of money for very little investment :congratulatory:
I think Ive bought maybe 3 or 4 tickets in my life..

When the Lotto 1st started here I let em talk me into buying I think 5 of those 1 dollar scratch things Lost on every one and at that time I think every other one was a winner :unconscious:

Said To hell with it. Was at my shop one day and saw one on the ground, Picked it up and it hadnt been scratched out so I checked it
20 buck Winner so I cashed it and quit while i was a head

Didn't you see where I said I'll prolly only win it once, so I wanted it to be a big one? I figure $480,000,000 > $20,000,000

StoopTroup
3/28/2012, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking your idea of playing once its at 300 or 400 million is flawed if you think it's worth it now. I don't know for sure but it seems to make sense that is the number of people playing goes up when the money goes up, the lower your odds are? Thus your theory of it being worth it only really adds to it only being a lot more dough for who does win.

rock on sooner
3/28/2012, 01:20 PM
So yer sayin RoS lied to me? That Bastage

Well, the clerk that told me it was the winnah when I bought it lied to me!!! :hurt:

picasso
3/28/2012, 01:25 PM
Buying lottery tickets is a fun thing to do. You can day dream for a few days that you might actually win it.

rock on sooner
3/28/2012, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking your idea of playing once its at 300 or 400 million is flawed if you think it's worth it now. I don't know for sure but it seems to make sense that is the number of people playing goes up when the money goes up, the lower your odds are? Thus your theory of it being worth it only really adds to it only being a lot more dough for who does win.

Since most players have the computer pick the numbers and more players are playing the
chances improve that the winning numbers are picked. If the odds are 170m to 1 and you
get closer to 170m sets being picked it seems logical to assume that someone is gonna get
REALLY lucky. This makes sense in my head but not sure it does on paper:playful:

OULenexaman
3/28/2012, 01:37 PM
I hate standing in line behind a lotto junkie at the quick trip.

ouleaf
3/28/2012, 02:39 PM

Sure, your odds of being the only one with the winning number may go down with more people playing, but it still won't affect your individual odds of picking the winning numbers. I say it's foolish to play the lottery, but when the jackpot total gets above the odds of actually winning it, it does influence more people to play. while their odds may not be any better the risk/reward factor changes. Same amount of risk, but greater reward.

MsProudSooner
3/28/2012, 04:34 PM
The estimated jackpot for Friday's drawing is $500 Million.

StoopTroup
3/28/2012, 04:45 PM
Sure, your odds of being the only one with the winning number may go down with more people playing, but it still won't affect your individual odds of picking the winning numbers. I say it's foolish to play the lottery, but when the jackpot total gets above the odds of actually winning it, it does influence more people to play. while their odds may not be any better the risk/reward factor changes. Same amount of risk, but greater reward.

That's why I was talking about the Einstien Theory that your a fool to buy a bunch of tickets but if you don't have one you guarantee a loss. Plus like Pic says, if you have a ticket you at least have something to dream about. I've already figured out what I'm doing with the money, so if you see me posting from a Hawiian IP address you might figure out it was me. :D

BigTip
3/28/2012, 08:56 PM
Buying lottery tickets is a fun thing to do. You can day dream for a few days that you might actually win it.

I agree. $1 is cheap to have the day dreams. Good entertainment value!

8timechamps
3/28/2012, 09:15 PM

That's what you're essentially buying. Everyone knows they're chances of winning are minute, so it's the dream of winning.

I had to buy a few tickets...just to think about how I could spend it all.

8timechamps
3/28/2012, 09:17 PM
I hate standing in line behind a lotto junkie at the quick trip.

This is high on my list too! It seems like they're always 85 years old, and once they find out how much their scratch off tickets earned them, they spend the next 20 minutes picking out their next 20 tickets.

jkjsooner
3/29/2012, 08:56 AM
I'm thinking your idea of playing once its at 300 or 400 million is flawed if you think it's worth it now. I don't know for sure but it seems to make sense that is the number of people playing goes up when the money goes up, the lower your odds are?

Others sort of hinted to this but just to clarify, your odds are not dependent on the number of people who play. There is approximately one in 170 million either way.

The payout that you would expect does go down though as the more people who play increases the odds that you will share the prize.

jkjsooner
3/29/2012, 09:02 AM
I agree. $1 is cheap to have the day dreams. Good entertainment value!

Obviously the real danger doesn't come from those who spend $1. The people who buy $50 worth of tickets are the ones who are paying the price.

However, there is a danger for some of those who only spend a $1 at a time. They might have an unreasonable expectation of winning and make irresponsible financial decisions because of it.

I'm a mathematical guy but even I have fallen into the trap. On occasion when it got above $100 million I would go in with guys from work. A couple of times I found myself eating out on a Thursday night and I excused it because of some fantasy that I might win the lottery. I never really thought I would but I used that fantasy to justify eating out on a night I normally would not. It was a minor thing but the irrationality of it gave me pause.

jkjsooner
3/29/2012, 09:09 AM
Since most players have the computer pick the numbers and more players are playing the
chances improve that the winning numbers are picked. If the odds are 170m to 1 and you
get closer to 170m sets being picked it seems logical to assume that someone is gonna get
REALLY lucky. This makes sense in my head but not sure it does on paper:playful:

I'm not really sure what having computers picking the numbers matters. I don't think the computers exclude the numbers that have already been picked. (I've always wondered if they exclude duplicates on one ticket although that would be so rare that it's probably not worth coding for it.)

I suppose that there's a chance that human's picks taken over the whole are not truly random. Humans may be inclined towards certain patters and therefore the cumulation of millions of human picks are less likely to cover as many of the possible combinations as an equal number of computer picks.

On that note, it would be interesting if the numbers from Lost came up as a winner. I'd bet a few hundred people play those numbers each drawing (which makes it a stupid move).

StoopTroup
3/29/2012, 09:11 AM
Others sort of hinted to this but just to clarify, your odds are not dependent on the number of people who play. There is approximately one in 170 million either way.

The payout that you would expect does go down though as the more people who play increases the odds that you will share the prize.

So playing a $1 every time they have the lotto is just as much of a shot in the dark at 20 million as it is 300 million and the idea that it's not worth it until it's up to 300 Million is pretty silly. I swear to you....I can have a pretty good time the rest of my life with 20 million as I can with 300 million.

Williesan
3/29/2012, 12:05 PM
Per CNN - Now $540 million.

I told my wife it woud be at least $600 Million before they draw tomorrow night.

The question is: what in the heck would you do with that much $?

Williesan

TheUnnamedSooner
3/29/2012, 12:22 PM
One other thing to consider, you're much more likely dying in a car accident today than winning the lottery the next round. That being said, I might have to buy a ticket and hope my luck is on the lottery side rather than the dying in a fiery crash side.

What if I buy a lottery ticket but never get in a car today. Then which are better odds?

Like the old saying, you have better odds of getting struck by lightning than attacked by a shark. However, those odds change dramatically once you jump in the ocean.

Jacie
3/29/2012, 12:34 PM
On that note, it would be interesting if the numbers from Lost came up as a winner. I'd bet a few hundred people play those numbers each drawing (which makes it a stupid move).

It happened once on the Powerball lottery when the numbers that appeared on a chinese fortune cookie came up. Apparently, the same numbers were used on a lot of cookies and people actually played them. A record number of people (110 of them) won the second-place prize in a lottery (worth a cool $100k or $500k if they paid an extra dollar when they bought the ticket).

So yeah, it could happen.

Jacie
3/29/2012, 12:38 PM
What if I buy a lottery ticket but never get in a car today. Then which are better odds?

Like the old saying, you have better odds of getting struck by lightning than attacked by a shark. However, those odds change dramatically once you jump in the ocean.

That is kind of like the old riddle (old in the sense that it was once possible but not anymore) when a mathmetician was to take his first trip in an airplane but didn't like the odds that a madman with a bomb might be on the same flight. So why did the mathmetician go ahead and fly? He calculated the odds and liked them that there would be two madmen each with a bomb on the same flight. The mathmetician took his own bomb . . .

8timechamps
3/29/2012, 05:27 PM

I told my wife it woud be at least $600 Million before they draw tomorrow night.

Williesan

I'd really like to give it a shot.

nighttrain12
3/29/2012, 08:50 PM

Williesan

I wouldn't be surprised if they had about 10 jackpot wnners with the record number of people wagering on this one which would make it about $60 million per winning ticket. Definitely a good payoff anyway.

olevetonahill
3/29/2012, 09:20 PM

Williesan
Im 62.
Id Partay my *** off

StoopTroup
3/30/2012, 12:56 AM
So tonight there are news articles that are giving lotto advice. One says most people win with a Quick-pick and another says to pick your own numbers that Quick-picks are for suckers.

I've done both now. I'm in heavy at $2 now.

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 09:06 AM
So tonight there are news articles that are giving lotto advice. One says most people win with a Quick-pick and another says to pick your own numbers that Quick-picks are for suckers.

I've done both now. I'm in heavy at $2 now.

And anyone with a brain knows that it doesn't matter how you pick the numbers...

Unless of course you're wanting to avoid combinations that might be picked by a lot of people in which case it's probably best to let the computer pick random numbers. It wouldn't change your odds of winning but might make a slight difference on the odds of sharing the prize.

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 09:12 AM
So playing a $1 every time they have the lotto is just as much of a shot in the dark at 20 million as it is 300 million and the idea that it's not worth it until it's up to 300 Million is pretty silly. I swear to you....I can have a pretty good time the rest of my life with 20 million as I can with 300 million.

I typed up a whole response to this yesterday but it didn't show up.

I see two reasons why you would want to wait:

You might want to limit the amount of money you spend on the lottery. If that's the case then it makes a lot of sense to wait until the payout gets really high.

Even though it has limited utility in something like a lottery because you can't play it a billion times, people still want to maximize their expected return. At least people who understand probability and statistics tend to prefer this.

For those who do want to maximize their expected return, it would be interesting to see exactly where it maximizes. At some point the odds of having multiple winners begins to reduce the expected return. For example, even considering immediate payout and tax implications the expected return right now is > 1.0 if you don't consider the possibility of sharing the prize but is probably less than 1.0 considering the possibility of sharing the prize.

I'd bet we're beyond the point of the peak expected return.

nighttrain12
3/30/2012, 11:44 AM
New story out today that the jackpot has increased from 540 to $640 million dollars. I wonder how many newbies out there don't realize two or more tickets could have the same exact winning numbers and you have to split the jackpot, you don't each get that amount.

I'm now predicting there will be a record 20 winning jackpot tickets.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 12:03 PM
I had a bunch of one dalloar bills in my pocket and just handed em to the girl at the store and told her I wanted that many tickets, she axed me How many I tolt her to count em
Bot 12

Jacie
3/30/2012, 12:37 PM
Best $20 he ever spent, thinks the girl as she stuffs eight of em in her shirt . . .

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 12:42 PM
Shes a sweetheart
Known her a long time

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 01:58 PM
I'm now predicting there will be a record 20 winning jackpot tickets.

Then you need to buy 10 tickets with the same number... ;-)

Sooner_Bob
3/30/2012, 02:10 PM
Our office went in and bought some tickets . . . . and then my wife said her and some fellow teachers were going to as well.

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 02:39 PM
You know, the more I think about it the more I think I'd rather win a pedestrian $150 million than $600 million.

If there is only one winner, I can't even imagine the attention and scrutiny that person is going to face. Past lottery winners say it's hard to deal with but at this level it could be impossible.

It would almost be tempting to recruit a couple of friends to split the jackpot just to take the glare of the spotlight off of yourself.

I know that sounds crazy but plenty of lottery winners end up losing a lot of friends and in some respects wishing to return to their previous life.

I suppose you could give 3/4ths of it to charity and maybe the world would see you as a good guy.

picasso
3/30/2012, 03:00 PM
I'm not telling anyone when I win it. Especially you bastards.

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 03:45 PM

I hope you live in Deleware. That's the only state that allows you to keep it secret.

I did just find an article where a Chicago couple formed an LLC and put the lottery winning in the LLC's name. The only contact for the LLC was the attorney.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 04:22 PM
Hell If I win Ima just tell every one to "**** off , dip ****s

jumperstop
3/30/2012, 04:31 PM
You know, the more I think about it the more I think I'd rather win a pedestrian $150 million than $600 million.

If there is only one winner, I can't even imagine the attention and scrutiny that person is going to face. Past lottery winners say it's hard to deal with but at this level it could be impossible.

It would almost be tempting to recruit a couple of friends to split the jackpot just to take the glare of the spotlight off of yourself.

I know that sounds crazy but plenty of lottery winners end up losing a lot of friends and in some respects wishing to return to their previous life.

I suppose you could give 3/4ths of it to charity and maybe the world would see you as a good guy.

Like winning ONLY $150 million would be any different than winning $600 million. They're both a **** ton of money, people wouldn't treat you any different. Since that's the case I would rather have the entire $600 million. Tell your friends to pick any one thing for you to buy them and never ask me for any money ever again.

8timechamps
3/30/2012, 07:30 PM

A. You would rather win 150 million than 600 million? huh?

B. With 250 million in the bank (assuming the after-tax, lump sum option), People can scrutinize and pay attention to me as much as they want...that's "**** off" kind of money.

C. There's no question that is life-changing money. There is no way someone could win that kind of money and not change. As for me, I know I'd change...I'd hire someone to wipe my ***.

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2012, 08:58 PM
Serious question: What's everyone going to do with their near limitless riches when you win the mega millions?

First thing I'd do is head back to school. I'd cut Baylor a check for the cost of my remaining undergrad and grad school. I'd find a decent condo to live in while in Waco and buy myself my ultimate dream car....the Mercedes SLS AMG.

Of course I'd spread some money to my family and a few good friends. I'd cut a check to Make-a-Wish and a couple of other charities I like. I'd also start my own PAC to funnel large sums of money to agreeable candidates around the country. Do some travelling, etc.

Since I'd never have to work for money again, I'd like to spend my time in academia....get season football tickets...become a high $ booster...someone some reasonably attractive woman to marry me even if it's just for the money...hire a food tester...that sort of thing.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 09:08 PM
Ima Buy a Liquor Store

oudivesherpa
3/30/2012, 09:20 PM
I'd spend $250mil on fine wine and wild women and I'd just waste the rest.

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 09:31 PM
Like winning ONLY $150 million would be any different than winning $600 million. They're both a **** ton of money, people wouldn't treat you any different. Since that's the case I would rather have the entire $600 million. Tell your friends to pick any one thing for you to buy them and never ask me for any money ever again.

Well, people close to you and the random people looking for money would still come after you but you wouldn't forever be branded as the one guy who won half a billion dollars. Among lottery winners you would be just another one.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 09:33 PM
Well, people close to you and the random people looking for money would still come after you but you wouldn't forever be branded as the one guy who won half a billion dollars. Among lottery winners you would be just another one.

Why not just grow a set of balls and tell these people that You prolly dont like anyway to Just **** off?

jkjsooner
3/30/2012, 09:37 PM
I'd find a decent condo to live in while in Waco

That's not something you hear a lot from lottery winners.

Different Strokes..

8timechamps
3/30/2012, 09:49 PM
Rather than just giving my friends money, I'd hire them to run my newly-formed foundation.

SicEm does have a good idea though, I'd definitely hire a food-taster. :D

soonerhubs
3/30/2012, 10:11 PM
Well ****! :D

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2012, 10:25 PM
I'd throw a ho down.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 10:27 PM
I got close, had 4 numbers

Turd_Ferguson
3/30/2012, 11:09 PM
I got close, had 4 numbers

That's $150.00!! plust the megaplier if ya did it...

http://www.lottery.ok.gov/images/megamillions/prizematrix_2010.jpg

I bought 7 tickets and won 10 dolla...yay me.

olevetonahill
3/30/2012, 11:15 PM
That's $150.00!! plust the megaplier if ya did it...

http://www.lottery.ok.gov/images/megamillions/prizematrix_2010.jpg

I bought 7 tickets and won 10 dolla...yay me.

I guess i wernt real clear
I had 4 numbers
one on 4 different tickets out of 12

nighttrain12
3/30/2012, 11:27 PM
I guess i wernt real clear
I had 4 numbers
one on 4 different tickets out of 12

I wonder how many people are going to contact their local lottery on Monday and say they got all 6 numbers, that's one number each on 6 different tickets. I bet it happens!

olevetonahill
3/31/2012, 07:34 AM
Their sayin ONE ticket won it all. Bought in Maryland
Dayum Yankees.

olevetonahill
3/31/2012, 07:35 AM
Dayum Yankees.

Turd_Ferguson
3/31/2012, 07:55 AM
Dayum Yankees.Plus Illinois and Kansas...damn yankees.

olevetonahill
3/31/2012, 08:08 AM
Plus Illinois and Kansas...damn yankees.
So there was Moren one?
News was sayin One earlier

jkjsooner
3/31/2012, 09:28 AM
My wife last night: I had three numbers; why doesn't that pay half the jackpot?

Last night was a complete math fail on her part.

Case 2: At one point she asked what 3D was. I tried to explain and she asked, "What is 2D?" I said, it's like a plane. Her response, "An airplane is 2D?"

Case 3: She stated they increased their odds by 32% by buying 32 tickets in the office pool. No, honey, that's 3200%. (Actually it's an increase of 3100% to be technical.)

Jacie
3/31/2012, 11:31 AM
So the people of our country combined to make three inviduals $200 million dollars richer, after taxes of course. Sorry I was unable to contribute . . .

StoopTroup
3/31/2012, 01:51 PM
You'll know for sure by Monday but the folks who won don't have to go running down to the Lotto Office and create a press conference.

If this had gone to a Billion dollars....a friend and I were talking that taking the Annuity would be like winning the Lotto every Year until the Annuity was paid in full. Man that's a lotto Money. :D

There will always be another one. Powerball tonight is 60 Million which ain't to shabby.

jkjsooner
3/31/2012, 02:19 PM
You'll know for sure by Monday but the folks who won don't have to go running down to the Lotto Office and create a press conference.

Um, yes, they do in most states.

Subject to the laws and regulations of the state of each Party Lottery relating to the
disclosure of MEGA MILLIONS winners, and at the discretion of each Party Lottery
where disclosure is permitted, the name and community of the winner of a
Grand/Jackpot prize, or the prize the next level down, will be disclosed in a press
conference or in a press release and the winner may be required to participate in a
press conference.

olevetonahill
3/31/2012, 02:23 PM
He dint say they Dint HAVE to do a Presser He said they dint Have to RUN down and do one

jkjsooner
3/31/2012, 02:41 PM
He dint say they Dint HAVE to do a Presser He said they dint Have to RUN down and do one

Well, I can't determine which word was meant to be emphasized. If "run down" was emphasized then the choice of "create a press conference" is a little odd. The use of the term "create" leads me to believe that Stoop was implying that the winners are asking for press conferences rather than the other way around.

Anyway, if I won the lottery I'm not sitting on that ticket for a long time risking it getting lost or stolen. I'd bet the moments between knowing you have a winning ticket and turning it in is pretty nerve-wracking.

olevetonahill
3/31/2012, 02:45 PM
I wouldnt do a dayum thing till I had a Dayum good Lawyer and financial adviser lined up
But thats just me

8timechamps
3/31/2012, 05:00 PM
I bought one ticket, and didn't get a single number. My sister bought 4 tickets, and won $7. I wonder what she's gonna do with all that cash?

My gf last night: "I told you that your luck sucks!". Nice

nighttrain12
3/31/2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.megamillions.com/numbers/drawDetails.asp?drawDate=3/30/2012

161 people got the first 5 numbers but didn't guess the megaball of 23. They (including one person in Oklahoma) won $250,000 each.

I'm shocked with that many getting the first five that there weren't more jackpot winners.

jkjsooner
3/31/2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.megamillions.com/numbers/drawDetails.asp?drawDate=3/30/2012

161 people got the first 5 numbers but didn't guess the megaball of 23. They (including one person in Oklahoma) won $250,000 each.

I'm shocked with that many getting the first five that there weren't more jackpot winners.

The Mega Ball can be anywhere from 1 to 46. With the 161 plus 3 winners that means 164 total who had at least the first 5 numbers. 164/46 is slightly over 3.5. That's pretty close to the 3 that won it.

StoopTroup
4/1/2012, 10:49 PM

You don't here.

StoopTroup
4/1/2012, 10:50 PM
Dayum Yankees.

Aren't you from California?

olevetonahill
4/2/2012, 06:44 AM
Aren't you from California?
I were raised there, Dont make me a Dayum Yankee

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 01:51 PM
I were raised there, Dont make me a Dayum Yankee

It barely qualifies ya as an American....

Seriously though, I thought John Stienback said California was saved when the Irish left Oklahoma for California and then moved back to Oklahoma after selling their California Homes for 100x what they bought them for? Maybe I need to take another Oklahoma History Class. Lol

texaspokieokie
4/2/2012, 04:21 PM
thousands upon thousands didn't move back, no matter what steinbeck said.
maybe that's CA history.

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 05:21 PM
They were probably Scottish hiding as Irish. :D ;)

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 12:52 PM
Gal says she stashed her winning Lotto Ticket at McDs where she works. Now she has an Attorney. :D

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/newsnation/46955312/#46955312

olevetonahill
4/5/2012, 02:45 PM
I really bot one of the winning tickets,

Im lettin Elvis keep it safe for me at the time

Jacie
4/5/2012, 03:09 PM
So the payout is $656 million on ticket sales of about $1.5 billion. Even Vegas payouts are better than that.

nighttrain12
4/5/2012, 11:26 PM
So the payout is $656 million on ticket sales of about $1.5 billion. Even Vegas payouts are better than that.

You can win non-jackpot prizes too. Someone in OK won $250,000 for getting the first 5 numbers right.

StoopTroup
4/6/2012, 12:06 AM
You can win non-jackpot prizes too. Someone in OK won $250,000 for getting the first 5 numbers right.

Saw that. Was talking with the other Parent's at the Boy's Soccer Practice tonight and they had said that someone had hit. Better than a stick in the eye huh?

I hit a scratcher the other day. I don't usually buy them but I got an EA Sports one. I won $6.00. So today I went to the place after School to get the kids a cold Drink after School and I bought another one. I won $14.00.

I bought a new regulator for the grill as it quit on us. Looks like we are grilling out this weekend! I also found the part I need for the firebox on my Oklahoma Joe Smoker so I'm Smoking a Ham too.

Turd_Ferguson
4/6/2012, 07:43 AM
Now she say's she lost the ticket...

The Maryland Mega-nut who insists she won a record Mega Millions jackpot now says she’s lost the winning ticket — but isn’t breaking a sweat looking for it.
“I have no idea where it is. I’m not sure I have it,” Mirlande Wilson told The Post in her latest tortured explanation of the mystery ticket’s fate.
The world’s most famous McDonald’s employee incredibly claimed she hadn’t even checked the uniform she was wearing the night she bought it.
“I’m still looking for it. I haven’t even looked in my uniform pants yet,” the flaky single mom of seven admitted. “I’m still looking everywhere to find it, in my purse, everywhere.”
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/04/06/news/web_photos/mirlande_wilson--300x300.jpg Reuters
Mirlande Wilson

And she didn’t put her kids to work on the treasure hunt even though they have the week off for spring break.
“I wanted to look for it, I was crying. She wouldn’t let us. It’s a lot of money,” lamented her disappointed daughter Stephanie, 15.
The strange confession is the latest bizarre twist in the unfolding mystery as Wilson, 37, keeps changing her story.
The Haitian immigrant set off an international frenzy after telling The Post she had one of three winning tickets in last Friday’s record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot.
If her claim proved legit, Wilson would score an after-tax, lump sum prize of $105 million, or $5.59 million a year for 26 years.
At first, she claimed to have the ticket herself before changing her story to say it was in a safe place at an undisclosed location.
Then on Tuesday she stunned her colleagues at the fast-food joint by saying she’d hidden the elusive ticket somewhere in the suburban Baltimore McDonald’s.
Yesterday, she sounded strangely serene despite the ticket’s mystifying disappearance — leaving her fate to faith.
“It’s a blessing from God. If it’s meant to be, we’ll [find and] claim the ticket,” she said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/mcmama_mega_tix_missing_SSbAZsXPpLzlegU4lgdyUI#ixz z1rGPySLq9

Petro-Sooner
4/6/2012, 08:09 AM
Good grief!!!

jumperstop
4/6/2012, 09:45 AM
Means she lied about it and is trying to get everyone off her back. You would have to be the biggest idiot in the world to lose a 150 million dollar ticket.....

StoopTroup
4/6/2012, 04:20 PM
I'm still looking for my ticket too.

8timechamps
4/6/2012, 04:37 PM
Um, yeah, I had a winning ticket too....I hid it in a KFC bathroom (just under the urinal cake)...

8timechamps
4/6/2012, 04:39 PM
Means she lied about it and is trying to get everyone off her back. You would have to be the biggest idiot in the world to lose a 150 million dollar ticket.....

You'd have to be a moron to lose the ticket, you'd have to be an 'idiot' to hide it at your work (especially if you work at McDonalds). She is neither...she's just a simple liar (my opinion, of course)

StoopTroup
4/6/2012, 07:03 PM
Um, yeah, I had a winning ticket too....I hid it in a KFC bathroom (just under the urinal cake)...

lol