http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1347941

Good article.

StoopTroup
3/27/2012, 05:14 PM
OMG he saved Landry.

cccasooner2
3/27/2012, 05:24 PM
OMG he saved Landry.

Whitfield saves, Whitfield saves, Whitfield saves.

goingoneight
3/27/2012, 05:58 PM
While I think Landry's doen a good job developing, I see the primary difference between him and Sam in OU's offense is Sam very rarely if ever threw a ball without his feet underneath him. Some might say it's because Landry relies more on his stronger arm to fit a ball into a tight spot, but the results were Sam was a LOT more accurate. They're both about the same build with similar athleticism, but Jones tends to throw while backpedaling and/or scrambling. It's hard to rip on a guy unless you see the kind of pressure he's under; but on film it looks as if Whitfield is spot-on. Sam was more likely to take a sack or run and slide than Landry is if pressure is coming at him. And on designed pass plays where he has to throw on the run, Sam still would plant and aim to lead the receiver. Landry kinda jogs until his guy gets separation, then rocks and fires. Sam wasn't like that his first year, though... he made the biggest strides in his footwork during the off-season before he won the Heisman. I noticed against Cincinnati and Washington how much stronger his arm looked and how much more zip he had on the ball, but I immediately noticed how well he kept his feet underneath him before he released the ball. Jason White was good at this as well.

LVSOONER15
3/27/2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for sharing. Here's to Landry having a huge year.

trpltongue
4/2/2012, 04:02 AM
I must be missing something. Did that article say 2 hours a day for 6 days? A whopping 12 hours of work in the week and he was "knocked out sleeping with all the training...". I like Landry a lot as quarterback of the team. I can't believe that is right. He must have been working a lot longer than that each day.

dwarthog
4/2/2012, 07:55 AM
Maybe they mean he had 2 hours of time with the guy he was working with then went off on his own to work on what was talked about during that time?

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2012, 10:04 AM
I must be missing something. Did that article say 2 hours a day for 6 days? A whopping 12 hours of work in the week and he was "knocked out sleeping with all the training...". I like Landry a lot as quarterback of the team. I can't believe that is right. He must have been working a lot longer than that each day.

I read that as each session was two hours, but that there were multiple sessions each day.

BigTip
4/2/2012, 10:07 AM
Well it's good to see that Landry isn't planning on just coasting through his senior year.

(how come there's no "wink" smilie)

soonervegas
4/2/2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think its the players we have to worry about coasting at this point.....

picasso
4/2/2012, 08:07 PM
What the hell? Ever do any heavy physical exercise for 2 hours straight? Ever practice football for 2 hours without rest? Or lift weights for two hours?

I'm not baffled here.

MamaMia
4/2/2012, 11:06 PM
"fewer limitations" is a good thing. I believe its commendable on Laundry's part to spend his Spring break trying to improve, plus he was able to have some one on one time with his dad.

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 11:16 PM
Some of you sift through that article to evidently find a guarantee or the justification you need to continue ****ting all over an OU QB that has more records than any other QB in OU's History.

For me...I read this and as long as some of the WRs that are on the Team show up like they did until the K-State Game....we will have a heck of a run next year and Jones will possibly solidify himself as the best QB in OU History.

Whitfield says he believes Jones made the right decision to come back to school. But after working with him last week, he thinks he can be right where Luck is now.

#1 Draft Pick

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php