View Full Version : OU vs Oral Roberts Tuesday

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 07:52 AM
OU (15-10) host ORU (10-12)

Gametime: 6:30 pm

PITCHING MATCHUP
OU: RHP Cale Coshow (1-0, 3.60 ERA) vs. ORU: TBA

OU vs. ORU SERIES NOTES
- OU leads the overall series 32-29 and won the first eight meetings (longest streak in the series).
- OU is 16-14 in the series when games are played in Norman.
- The last regular season meeting was in 2004, a split series in Norman (OU won 5-4) and Tulsa (ORU won 6-4).
- Each of the last two meetings came in the NCAA Tourney. ORU won 7-0 in the 2011 NCAA Fort Worth Regional and OU 7-6 in the 2010 NCAA Norman Regional.
- The two have split the last 10 meetings.
- 19 of the 61 meetings have been decided by one run with OU holding a 11-8 advantage.

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 07:34 PM
4-0 Sooners after 3

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 08:05 PM
Sooners score another in the 4th...leaves bases loaded....5-0 OU

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 09:01 PM
5-1 Sooners in the 8th

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 09:21 PM
Heading to the 9th...still 5-1

PalmettoSooner
3/27/2012, 09:34 PM
Sooners win 5-2

Sooner pitchers walk 12 but only give up 2 runs and 3 hits

Also....NO ERRORS!!!

BOOMER!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
3/28/2012, 05:39 AM
12 walks is horrible. Gotta turn that around.

OU_Sooners75
3/28/2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, our pitching is horrendous.

PalmettoSooner
3/29/2012, 07:39 AM
Over the last three games the pitching hasn't been that bad other than the 12 walks. A lot of work still needs to be done to improve but hopefully this is a sign that things are starting to turn around.

TumbleweedDoom
3/29/2012, 08:41 AM
This absolutely isn't an excuse (especially since the OU hitters didn't exactly draw a ton on walks on Tuesday night) but that umpire's strike zone on Tuesday night was about as mobile as an air cavalry unit. Sunny was as mad as I've seen him get this year late in the game about the ball/strike calls. Again, it definitely doesn't excuse TWELVE walks, but it is a caveat on the whole performance.

PalmettoSooner
3/29/2012, 10:30 AM
This absolutely isn't an excuse (especially since the OU hitters didn't exactly draw a ton on walks on Tuesday night) but that umpire's strike zone on Tuesday night was about as mobile as an air cavalry unit. Sunny was as mad as I've seen him get this year late in the game about the ball/strike calls. Again, it definitely doesn't excuse TWELVE walks, but it is a caveat on the whole performance.

I watched the game and it did seem that the umpire wasn't consistent with his strike zone. I couldn't get too mad b/c our hitters got a lot of generous calls also. You're right...Sunny wasn't happy towards the end of the game. I think it was when Jordan was pitching..Sunny calls time and goes to the mound. He didn't say a word to Jordan. Pretty much he was waiting for the umpire to break up the meeting and then he started having a few words with the ump. We were lucky Tuesday night b/c we got outs when we needed them and if ORU wasn't struggling at the plate it could have been a lot worst. I think Coshow will turn into a very good pitcher and its very possible he can be a weekend starter after this year. He had 6 BB tuesday night but went a solid 5 IP, gave up two hits, and dropped his ERA to 2.70.

perryj
3/29/2012, 11:05 AM
I think anytime the wind is out of the south and blowing harder than 10 mph the younger pitchers are going to struggle throwing strikes in fear of giving up the long ball. I've seen it time and time again at LDM.

TumbleweedDoom
3/29/2012, 01:16 PM
I think anytime the wind is out of the south and blowing harder than 10 mph the younger pitchers are going to struggle throwing strikes in fear of giving up the long ball. I've seen it time and time again at LDM.

Totally agree there. But I will say on Tuesday night, that was about as calm a wind as I've seen for an OU game in a long time. It probably wasn't going over 5 mph, if even that.

perryj
4/2/2012, 09:30 AM
Well then they should have been pounding the zone. It looks like some of the guys are starting to understand that.