PDA

View Full Version : Info on Sooner Club

yukonsooner
3/26/2012, 02:20 PM
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of joining the Sooner Club?

zeptrey
3/26/2012, 02:47 PM
Decoder rings

LVSOONER15
3/26/2012, 03:21 PM
I really don't know.

nativesooner
3/26/2012, 04:40 PM
A window sticker....

nativesooner
3/26/2012, 04:41 PM
or after about 10 years of donating, Texass tickets...

yermom
3/26/2012, 04:46 PM
i think it took me 5?

of course, it was mainly the expansion, i think

nativesooner
3/26/2012, 04:54 PM
yeah... no expansion planned any time soon though.... I spose they could give a ton and get a bunch of points all at once. They'll just have to pray they're not stuck in the Texass endzone. lol!

Jason White's Third Knee
3/26/2012, 07:34 PM
The sooner club is dope. Yes, you get Texas tix and bowl game tix. Also free food and drinks before the games. Meet and greets with players, etc. I've got more signed footballs than I know what to do with. My fav is a signed helmet. Tinker Owens and joe washington signed it. Several others too. Cool stuff.

8timechamps
3/26/2012, 08:07 PM
The sooner club is dope. Yes, you get Texas tix and bowl game tix. Also free food and drinks before the games. Meet and greets with players, etc. I've got more signed footballs than I know what to do with. My fav is a signed helmet. Tinker Owens and joe washington signed it. Several others too. Cool stuff.

This. I initially joined to move up on the ticket list, but soon after moved from OK. I continue to contribute (maybe because in some small way I feel like I contribute to the success of the program). Every time I go back for a game, I do take in the Sooner Club tent.

fwsooner22
3/27/2012, 08:15 AM
If you are able to make it to most games....keep up with the Club events and then actually attend.....you can really reap the benefits.....Like Jason'sKnee said it's great when you attend....

fwsooner22
3/27/2012, 08:16 AM
Also, the people who work in the that office are polite and knowledgeable. Give them a call that's what they are there for.

pphilfran
3/27/2012, 08:22 AM

You do not get free food and drinks by joining the Sooner Club...you get the ability to buy a ticket to the pregame meal at the practice facility....

nativesooner
3/27/2012, 11:10 AM
You do not get free food and drinks by joining the Sooner Club...you get the ability to buy a ticket to the pregame meal at the practice facility....

Phil's right... you don't get "free" drinks/food unless you get the tailgate passes. You can get the tailgate passes with your donation, but you have to donate more than the average Joe. According to the SC, you have to be at least a Bronze level donor to qualify for tailgate passes.

Sooner Club Football Tailgate Passes
Football season ticket holders at the Bronze and Silver Sooner Circle levels qualify for two (2) complimentary Sooner Club Tailgate passes. Football season ticket holders at the Golden Sooner Circle and Bud Wilkinson Society levels qualify for up to four (4) passes. Additional season passes may be purchased for $180 each (or $30 per game) by calling the Sooner Club. The number of Sooner Club Tailgate passes any member may receive is limited to the number of season football tickets in their account.

Bronze = $1500-$2999 per seat
Silver = $3000-$4999 per seat

MamaMia
3/27/2012, 01:47 PM
Guaranteed season tickets
Parking passes
VIP Tailgate wristbands
Ordering away game tickets ahead of time
Media guides
Annual team photo
Car Sticker
Customer Service for any questions
Sooner Kids Club has percs and is fun too
*The good feeling knowing that you're contributing to something that brings you joy

MamaMia
3/27/2012, 01:52 PM
You do not get free food and drinks by joining the Sooner Club...you get the ability to buy a ticket to the pregame meal at the practice facility....They do put on separate outdoor picnics for any Sooner Club member from time to time.

MichiganSooner
3/27/2012, 02:14 PM
Guaranteed season tickets
Parking passes
VIP Tailgate wristbands
Ordering away game tickets ahead of time
Media guides
Annual team photo
Car Sticker
Customer Service for any questions
Sooner Kids Club has percs and is fun too
*The good feeling knowing that you're contributing to something that brings you joy

There is no guarantee that a donor will receive season tickets. The letter I received told me to state if I would like football or basketball season tickets; they could be purchased, if available.

MamaMia
3/27/2012, 02:41 PM
There is no guarantee that a donor will receive season tickets. The letter I received told me to state if I would like football or basketball season tickets; they could be purchased, if available.If you call 405-325-8000 and specifically ask how much you would have to donate to get season football tickets they will tell you what your options are to jump the waiting list. Last year I wanted 2 extra season tickets in the Kerr McGee Club, but was told that the 'initial' donation had gone up to $10000.00 but would only be the annual $1000.00 to $2000.00 a seat each year thereafter, depending on the location. Now my son was tired of being on the waiting list so he called and got 2 season tickets in the upper deck for a couple hundred dollars or so donation fee. That was 2 seasons ago. Of course he also had to pay for the annual donation fee, the scholastic fee and the face value price of the seats.

MamaMia
3/27/2012, 02:51 PM
I would like to add that my son also qualified for OU/Texas tickets the second year he has season tickets (which was last season actually), so it was well worth it financially. Granted, they were in the endzone but still...its the RRR, so who cares? Any seat is better than no seat. The tickets for that game outside the gate were very pricey, so it was a win/win situation.

nativesooner
3/27/2012, 02:58 PM
There is no guarantee that a donor will receive season tickets. The letter I received told me to state if I would like football or basketball season tickets; they could be purchased, if available.

True.. there's no "GUARANTEE" but it's highly likely you'll get a pair if you donate. Everyone I know that's joined since 2000 has gotten a pair with the minimum donation. Just don't expect all the perks that some of these folks are mentioning. The only problem with the minimum is that they may stick you on top of the jumbotron. :unconscious: