PDA

View Full Version : Two of Coale's players to transfer

Jay C. Upchurch
3/24/2012, 01:10 PM
NORMAN -- Two student-athletes will transfer from the University of Oklahoma women’s basketball program at the end of the spring semester, head coach Sherri Coale announced today.
Reserve sophomore Jacqueline Jeffcoat and freshman Katherine Zander will be granted unconditional releases.
"Jac and Katherine will have the opportunity to find a place where they can have more playing time," Coale said, "We wish them the best in their future endeavors."
Jeffcoat appeared in 21 games in two years with the Sooners. Zander played in six this season.
The Sooners have two highly-rated high school seniors signed for the 2012-13 season. WBCA All-American Nicole Kornet of Argyle (Texas) Liberty Christian and Iowa’s Gatorade Player of the Year Maddie Manning of Ankeny make up OU’s incoming freshman class.
Also returning for Oklahoma will be two team captains, Lyndsey Cloman and Jasmine Hartman, who suffered ACL injuries in the preseason and missed all of 2011-12.

OU SID Report

PalmBeachSooner
3/26/2012, 12:31 PM
Fire Cherry Cola!

fwsooner22
3/26/2012, 03:29 PM
Will Cloman and Hartman get hardships ?

Chuck Bao
3/26/2012, 06:51 PM
์I was rooting for both Jeffcoat and Zander to get more playing time this last season. I can only wish both the very best.

8timechamps
3/26/2012, 11:49 PM
I don't have a problem when athletes that know, after a year or two, that their playing time will probably not increase, seek to transfer somewhere that can accommodate them better. Good luck to these girls.

I still think the only reason Jeffcoat was offered a scholly was to lure her brother for football. In any event, I hope they find better fits for themselves and finish school on a positive note.

Salt City Sooner
3/27/2012, 01:50 AM
I don't have a problem when athletes that know, after a year or two, that their playing time will probably not increase, seek to transfer somewhere that can accommodate them better. Good luck to these girls.

I still think the only reason Jeffcoat was offered a scholly was to lure her brother for football. In any event, I hope they find better fits for themselves and finish school on a positive note.
Have to disagree on that one (although I'd bet Stoops wasn't complaining when she signed). Hoopgurlz had her ranked as the #4 center in the nation ( & #41 player overall) coming out of H.S. Sometimes things just don't work out for whatever reason.

ouflak
3/27/2012, 02:35 AM
One of these ladies made me some serious vCash once. They will be missed....

kbsooner21
3/27/2012, 09:26 AM
Don't let the door hit ya...

NMSooner'80
3/27/2012, 01:22 PM
Will Cloman and Hartman get hardships ?

I'd say they'll definitely get their redshirt years. Hartman would be a senior this coming season, and Cloman would be a fourth-year junior.

nativesooner
3/27/2012, 03:03 PM
Have to disagree on that one (although I'd bet Stoops wasn't complaining when she signed). Hoopgurlz had her ranked as the #4 center in the nation ( & #41 player overall) coming out of H.S. Sometimes things just don't work out for whatever reason.

Same here.... she was darn good and a good grab for Sherri. Is there still a rule that you have to sit out two years if you transfer in conference?