PDA

View Full Version : The dissertation draft with all of its chapters...

soonerhubs
3/20/2012, 10:05 AM
...is in the hands of the committee members now. The defense date is set. This is really happening, and I'm so excited!

Dr. Hubs has a ring to it. My wife likes to quote The Hangover and say, "And if someone has a heart attack you should still call 911." :)

pphilfran
3/20/2012, 10:12 AM
Congrats...that is a ton of work....

KantoSooner
3/20/2012, 10:20 AM
Oh man! I'm sure that feels like a ton off your shoulders.
Do you have to do a verbal defense and when is that scheduled.
I remember after mine, I was insensate for about a week straight.

soonerhubs
3/20/2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats...that is a ton of work....

Thanks!

Oh man! I'm sure that feels like a ton off your shoulders.
Do you have to do a verbal defense and when is that scheduled.
I remember after mine, I was insensate for about a week straight.

It's a verbal defense during the 1st week of April. I can't wait! After any suggested feedback, I plan to work overtime incorporating the revisions so that I can relax and just coast until graduation.

olevetonahill
3/20/2012, 10:26 AM
Grats Bro

GDC
3/20/2012, 11:03 AM
Good job! A friend of mine keeps postponing her defense. I tell her nobody knows the stuff like she does since its her work, and she'll never be more prepared than she is now, just jump in and do it.

soonerhubs
3/20/2012, 11:36 AM
Grats Bro

Thanks!

Good job! A friend of mine keeps postponing her defense. I tell her nobody knows the stuff like she does since its her work, and she'll never be more prepared than she is now, just jump in and do it.

Thanks, and that seems right to me. It's a dissertation. It's not like it's a discovery of cold fusion. :)

KantoSooner
3/20/2012, 11:47 AM
I got to have one of the guys I'd written about on the committee. And he was a last minute surprise. Ah, good times, good times.

3rdgensooner
3/20/2012, 12:11 PM
My defense got put off by the committee one week before the original set date because the committee was in disagreement on a section.

It'll all work out, you'll do great and it will be such a great feeling.

Ike
3/20/2012, 12:40 PM
Congrats Hubs! Soon you will officially join the segment of people that know next to everything about next to nothing.

Turd_Ferguson
3/20/2012, 12:40 PM
Good jorb Hubs!!!

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 12:50 PM
Congrat hubs! Really cool....

soonerhubs
3/20/2012, 12:58 PM
Congrats Hubs! Soon you will officially join the segment of people that know next to everything about next to nothing.
Thanks, and yes... There is a reason they say "piled higher and deeper." :)

Good jorb Hubs!!!
Thanks!

My defense got put off by the committee one week before the original set date because the committee was in disagreement on a section.

It'll all work out, you'll do great and it will be such a great feeling.
Thanks!

Congrat hubs! Really cool....
Thanks!

soonerhubs
4/5/2012, 12:59 PM
Do whatever you want! What do I know? I'm only a Doctor! :)

I passed the defense!

StoopTroup
4/5/2012, 01:02 PM
Congrats!

Petro-Sooner
4/5/2012, 01:08 PM
That's awesome!!! Congrats.

Turd_Ferguson
4/5/2012, 01:51 PM
Woohoo!!

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2012, 02:18 PM
Do whatever you want! What do I know? I'm only a Doctor! :)

I passed the defense!

Congratulations!

oudavid1
4/5/2012, 02:39 PM
VERY NICE! CONGRATS BRO!

MsProudSooner
4/5/2012, 03:16 PM
Congratulations! What was the subject of your dissertation?

soonerhubs
4/5/2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I ran some multilinear modeling tests of associations between partner affects states and measures of heart rate variability small durations of time.

Basically I was exploring how partners' emotions are linked to their physiology as well as to their own emotions and their partners' emotions over time.

Turd_Ferguson
4/5/2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I ran some multilinear modeling tests of associations between partner affects states and measures of heart rate variability small durations of time.

Basically I was exploring how partners' emotions are linked to their physiology as well as to their own emotions and their partners' emotions over time.So, what were your findings...in layman terms?

Fraggle145
4/5/2012, 06:37 PM
Congrats man... I'm working on mine now too. *Sigh*

GDC
4/5/2012, 08:32 PM
Excellent!

soonerhubs
4/5/2012, 09:28 PM

Basically I was exploring how partners' emotions are linked to their physiology as well as to their own emotions and their partners' emotions over time.So, what were your findings...in layman terms?
Male and female partners are often asynchronous in how they process their emotions, and there are physiological consequences to negative interactions.

soonerhubs
4/5/2012, 09:30 PM
Layman's terms: smile and be pleasant while dealing with your spouse to enhance your health.

Fraggle145
4/6/2012, 05:54 PM
But how does that help me get laid?