PDA

View Full Version : Gail Goestenkors Resigning at Texas?

MsProudSooner
3/19/2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2012/03/19/goestenkors_to_2.html

Chuck Bao
3/19/2012, 05:05 PM
I guess expectations were just too high. Wasn't she brought in from the winning Duke program and expected to win at UT with its big budget?

There are several very good WBB coaches in the BigXII including Mulkey, Blair, Coale and Patterson. Whatever direction Texas goes with a new coach, they may have to lower their expectations.

tycat947
3/20/2012, 12:25 PM
I guess expectations were just too high. Wasn't she brought in from the winning Duke program and expected to win at UT with its big budget?

There are several very good WBB coaches in the BigXII including Mulkey, Blair, Coale and Patterson. Whatever direction Texas goes with a new coach, they may have to lower their expectations.

Expectations may have been too high but GiGi underestimated the quality of the Big 12. She also didn't have to recruit at Duke, Duke U did that for her very nicely, same at Stanford. Players that can qualify academically at Duke and Stanford go there because of the school, not to play for GiGi, Joanne P or Tara.

I think GiGi is a great person and probably a smart basketball mind but she doesn't have the personality to fit at whornville!

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 12:41 PM
I thought she'd do really well at Texas too, return them to some of the glory they had under Conradt. I'm surprised they haven't been better.

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 12:41 PM
Expectations may have been too high but GiGi underestimated the quality of the Big 12. She also didn't have to recruit at Duke, Duke U did that for her very nicely, same at Stanford. Players that can qualify academically at Duke and Stanford go there because of the school, not to play for GiGi, Joanne P or Tara.

I think GiGi is a great person and probably a smart basketball mind but she doesn't have the personality to fit at whornville!

I love your comments, tycat. I love that the BigXII has the talent to compete with anyone in the nation, the coaches and the hardware to show for it. I also love that Texas, despite a big name coach and budget, can't cherry pick the best prospects in the state.