PDA

View Full Version : Hey no big deal, but... what's up with whatsername at Baylor?

Monster Zero
3/18/2012, 08:08 PM
Watchin' some highlights before our ladies tip off and they showed Mulkey flashin some ice, now.

What's up with that?

SicEmBaylor
3/18/2012, 08:26 PM
It's called being AWESOME....Coale should try it sometime. ;)

SoonerDood
3/18/2012, 09:41 PM
Watchin' some highlights before our ladies tip off and they showed Mulkey flashin some ice, now.

What's up with that?
maybe she made up with A&M

picasso
3/18/2012, 10:27 PM
Your coach is creepy.

StoopTroup
3/19/2012, 01:03 AM
Ban Baylor!

rock on sooner
3/19/2012, 10:57 AM

Sherri doesn't need ice to be awesome!

Boomer.....
3/19/2012, 11:23 AM
Just stilettos.

:hot:

Chuck Bao
3/19/2012, 12:00 PM
Just stilettos.

:hot:

The stilettos and job stress (particularly with the high number of turnovers this season) may have contributed to very noticeable veins popping out on Coach Coale's legs. I sincerely hope that there is no health issue involved.

NMSooner'80
3/19/2012, 11:23 PM
The lone Mulkey lover in this thread ought to leave and go to OUHoops.com. Their mod and his toady just love them some Skeletor!

C&CDean
3/20/2012, 08:14 AM
Y'all gotta give Sicem some slack. Skeletor is the female version of him. Only she's got about 75 lbs. on him. Truth is stranger than fiction.

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2012, 08:46 AM
Y'all gotta give Sicem some slack. Skeletor is the female version of him. Only she's got about 75 lbs. on him. Truth is stranger than fiction.
That many pounds and about half as many years...

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 11:37 AM
The lone Mulkey lover in this thread ought to leave and go to OUHoops.com. Their mod and his toady just love them some Skeletor!

Ahem...there are at least two Mulkey lovers here.

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 12:04 PM
I'm no Mulkey lover, but from purely a coaching standpoint I'd trade ours for her.

I'm sure that's gonna go over well here huh? ;)

tycat947
3/20/2012, 12:20 PM

You got that right!!!

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 12:26 PM
I'm no Mulkey lover, but from purely a coaching standpoint I'd trade ours for her.

I think it just went over their heads, just as they are looking at the shoes.

tycat947
3/20/2012, 12:34 PM
I think it just went over their heads, just as they are looking at the shoes.

I wouldn't trade Sherri for Skeletor on any day! Sherri can coach as well if not better than Skeletor as shown by her series advantage over Hypocrite U since Skeletor has been in Wacko. I would probably give Skeletor an advantage in recruiting but Wacko (sitting in the middle of Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio) has a built in advantage as well. As for class??? That doesn't even have to be discussed!

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 12:40 PM
I knew someone would show up soon to mount a defense. I think Sherri is a very good coach, but I think Mulkey is better.

...and I've never heard anyone try to say Waco has any sort of recruiting advantages.

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 12:52 PM
And for the record: I am very much aware of, and almost in awe of the job Sherri has done making OU the program it is. She deserves all the credit in the world!!!

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 01:09 PM
And for the record: I am very much aware of, and almost in awe of the job Sherri has done making OU the program it is. She deserves all the credit in the world!!!

^^^ Exactly that from someone who knows high school women's basketball in Texas. Despite the skeletor epitaphs bandied about here, Mulkey is without question a damn fine coach.

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 01:31 PM
^^^ Exactly that from someone who knows high school women's basketball in Texas. Despite the skeletor epitaphs bandied about here, Mulkey is without question a damn fine coach.

Indeed. And thanks.

OU_Sooners75
3/20/2012, 01:51 PM
Though Mulkey has had a few really good years, Coale owns her head to head!

Coale may not have the National Championship team as Baylor has had once....but She doesn't have a MAN playing on her squad either.

Take away Griner and Baylor is a very average team this year.

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 01:54 PM

Coale may not have the National Championship team as Baylor has had once....but She doesn't have a MAN playing on her squad either.

Very average without Griner?? Actually, they're still very very good without her, not undefeated good, but still very good. For one thing they've got an all-American point guard, and that's always a good thing.

OU_Sooners75
3/20/2012, 02:16 PM
Very average without Griner?? Actually, they're still very very good without her, not undefeated good, but still very good. For one thing they've got an all-American point guard, and that's always a good thing.

They drop at least 5 or 6 games without the Man playing...period.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mulken has done a good job...but I also do not see Baylor holding this $ucce$$ in sports very long.

Curly Bill
3/20/2012, 02:19 PM
They drop at least 5 or 6 games without the Man playing!

So that makes them what...28-5 or so? That's not what I would call "very average."

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 03:09 PM
So that makes them what...28-5 or so? That's not what I would call "very average."

Agreed. I think Baylor still wins the BigXII with Odyssey Sims, Destiny Williams, Kimetria Hayden, Brooklyn Pope and others. Baylor has a very talented bench, great coach and will be back next year with or without Griner.

C&CDean
3/20/2012, 03:42 PM
What I've learned from this thread: some folks name their children some awfully ****ed up names. Odyssey? Destiny? Kametria? Brooklyn? And it ain't just the black folk either. My own kids have named some of their children Graecyn Rain, Kalysta June, and Mason River. Seriously, WTF? What's wrong with George, Howard, Greg, Phil, and Leslie?

C&CDean
3/20/2012, 03:43 PM
Or Thomas? Or Althea? Or Yermom?

NMSooner'80
3/20/2012, 04:02 PM

I credit Mulkey for being very good at her profession. But I'd still never trade her and her toxic personality for Sherri.

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 08:23 PM
What I've learned from this thread: some folks name their children some awfully ****ed up names. Odyssey? Destiny? Kametria? Brooklyn? And it ain't just the black folk either. My own kids have named some of their children Graecyn Rain, Kalysta June, and Mason River. Seriously, WTF? What's wrong with George, Howard, Greg, Phil, and Leslie?

Also....who TF names their kid Frosting? Funfetti is so much more AWESOME! ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Tb0lPrx995U/TS--syfgZVI/AAAAAAAAB1s/lj6KfOXzV80/s1600/funfetti.jpg

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2012, 08:33 PM

Several teams have shut down Griner and yet we've still coasted to wins. Your argument is invalid. Try again.

Eielson
3/20/2012, 10:13 PM

First off, you don't get to take bits and pieces of her. You have to take the whole thing.

Secondly, just because Baylor has the one national championship? Mulkey has 2 final fours (including the championship)...Coale has three. Mulkey has six sweet sixteens...Coale has eight. Mulkey has finished first in the Big XII three times...Coale has five times. Coale has the head-to-head advantage. Take that with the first point I made, and I'd take Coale any day of the week.

Eielson
3/20/2012, 10:19 PM
Several teams have shut down Griner and yet we've still coasted to wins. Your argument is invalid. Try again.

First, you can't "shut down" defense. Secondly, if Griner drew a lot of attention offensively, she still affected the game in a strongly positive way for Baylor. Steph Curry once scored two points in a game and yet still single handedly won the game for Davidson on the offensive side of the ball. I don't watch Baylor's women's basketball team, so I don't know if any of that is the case, but your statement didn't necessarily negate the original statement. Having said that, as good as Baylor is, I highly doubt that it's all because of one player. Then again, we did have the pleasure of watching The Blake Show a few years ago.

Chuck Bao
3/20/2012, 10:23 PM
First off, you don't get to take bits and pieces of her. You have to take the whole thing.

Secondly, just because Baylor has the one national championship? Mulkey has 2 final fours (including the championship)...Coale has three. Mulkey has six sweet sixteens...Coale has eight. Mulkey has finished first in the Big XII three times...Coale has five times. Coale has the head-to-head advantage. Take that with the first point I made, and I'd take Coale any day of the week.

I love Coach Coale too! But Kim Mulkey is one of the best in the bizzness of in-game strategy, in my opinion. I hate Texas A&M with a passion but I have to recognize that Gary Blair is a great coach too.

Eielson
3/20/2012, 10:39 PM
I love Coach Coale too! But Kim Mulkey is one of the best in the bizzness of in-game strategy, in my opinion. I hate Texas A&M with a passion but I have to recognize that Gary Blair is a great coach too.

Mulkey is one of the best. No doubt about that. I just don't understand why a Sooner fan would come on here and say he'd rather have her coaching the team.

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2012, 10:49 PM
I'm going to say this since Badger isn't around to hear it...

I actually really really like Coale, and there isn't a single game (notwithstanding the obvious) that I don't want to see her wipe the floor with the competition. Coale is a damned good coach, and finding an upgrade over her would be very very difficult and crapshoot at best.

picasso
3/20/2012, 11:28 PM
Ever played basketball? A player of that size can shift the game in more ways than just scoring.

Curly Bill
3/21/2012, 07:36 AM
Mulkey is one of the best. No doubt about that. I just don't understand why a Sooner fan would come on here and say he'd rather have her coaching the team.

There it is, just what I was waiting for, the: you're not a real Sooner fan if you don't think our coach is the best line of thinking. Thanks for not letting me down.

NMSooner'80
3/21/2012, 09:25 AM
There it is, just what I was waiting for, the: you're not a real Sooner fan if you don't think our coach is the best line of thinking. Thanks for not letting me down.

It has more to do with Mulkey and her many acts of classlessness where OU has been concerned. And that dates back to when we were pounding them 2-3 times a year. It has NOTHING to do with her recent record against us.

It's about like wanting Jimmy Johnson as coach after he took many a verbal jab at OU all those years.

Eielson
3/21/2012, 12:07 PM

I never said that. I'm pretty sure that you made your original post for no other reason than to stir up controversy, so I'm not gonna spend too much time with this.

Curly Bill
3/21/2012, 12:17 PM
I never said that. I'm pretty sure that you made your original post for no other reason than to stir up controversy, so I'm not gonna spend too much time with this.

Well, that just breaks my heart, but my original point was to say I think Mulkey, from a pure coaching standpopint is a better coach that Sherri is, you can make of that what you will.

Eielson
3/21/2012, 02:21 PM
Well, that just breaks my heart, but my original point was to say I think Mulkey, from a pure coaching standpopint is a better coach that Sherri is, you can make of that what you will.

You made an empty claim, and then people questioned it and gave support to why they questioned it. You ignored all of those posts. Like I said, it appears you just wanted to stir up some controversy. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but it's not worth spending a whole lot of time on. Coale is as good as they come, both on and off the court, and there is nobody better for the job here at OU.

Curly Bill
3/21/2012, 02:27 PM
You made an empty claim, and then people questioned it and gave support to why they questioned it. You ignored all of those posts. Like I said, it appears you just wanted to stir up some controversy. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but it's not worth spending a whole lot of time on. Coale is as good as they come, both on and off the court, and there is nobody better for the job here at OU.

She's done a great job, and is a great fit. You might have missed the post where I basically pointed that out? I know a few folks who know her and have spent some time with her, and they all profess she is a super person on and away from the job. So...she's a classy person, she's attractive, she saved the OU program from banishment, made it a national contender, etc..Pretty awesome in other words. Do I however think there are a few folks out there that are a bit better coaches? Yes I do.

Eielson
3/21/2012, 02:36 PM
She's done a great job, and is a great fit. You might have missed the post where I basically pointed that out? I know a few folks who know her and have spent some time with her, and they all profess she is a super person on and away from the job. So...she's a classy person, she's attractive, she saved the OU program from banishment, made it a national contender, etc..Pretty awesome in other words. Do I however think there are a few folks out there that are a bit better coaches? Yes I do.

Everybody here claims that Coale and Mulkey are two of the best coaches. You never gave any reasoning to why you felt Mulkey was better, though. You were countered with head-to-head, sweet 16's, Big XII play, etc., but yet you never made any claim to what makes Mulkey better. I questioned why you would make that claim, but I never questioned whether or not you were a Sooner fan. The fact that you felt I did makes me feel that maybe that was what you wanted.

C&CDean
3/22/2012, 11:10 AM
It's because at the end of the day, Curly hates all the OU coaches. Everybody knows that. Certainly. In a great way.

Curly Bill
3/22/2012, 11:42 AM
It's because at the end of the day, Curly hates all the OU coaches. Everybody knows that. Certainly. In a great way.

Exagerate much? I love Sherri, think she's done a great job! I just don't think she's the #1 best coach in America, so sue me, and I know that in your and the other Kool Aid drinkers eyes saying any OU coach is not the absolute best is near blaspehmous, but that's okay, I think it's cute some of you think that way. ;)

Anyway, the OU coach that I think needed to go has in fact gone and I think OU, or at least the OU defense (football version) is better for it.

Soonerjeepman
3/22/2012, 01:03 PM
I think it's funny folks get all upset about "who's the best coach"....it's a crap shoot...Obviously, Stoops is a pretty good fball coach..along with about 10 others...Self is a pretty good bball coach, along with about 20 others....

Sherri and Kim...Summit...and some other womens coaches are pretty good...it's a roll of the dice sometime...

Obviously Mulkey has done a good job..they are undefeated...have a 6'8 girl that NO MATTER what anyone says I would love for her to be on OU's team...are you kidding me...anyways..they are all pretty good coaches...

Sure some are arrogant a-holes...but hang around big time sports and you'll find plenty...that's the nature of the beast...just like Fortune 500 bosses...

NMSooner'80
3/22/2012, 02:31 PM
I still don't understand the notion that we're "kool-aid drinkers" if we prefer Sherri over Mulkey. I posted on the previous page that it has more to do with Sherri's personality compared to Mulkey's, and that goes back to the days when we used to dominate them. It has NOTHING to do with won/loss records or the recent losing streak to BU.

Curly Bill
3/22/2012, 02:37 PM
I still don't understand the notion that we're "kool-aid drinkers" if we prefer Sherri over Mulkey. I posted on the previous page that it has more to do with Sherri's personality compared to Mulkey's, and that goes back to the days when we used to dominate them. It has NOTHING to do with won/loss records or the recent losing streak to BU.

Because someone prefers Sherri doesn't make them a Kool Aid drinker. The Kool Aid drinkers are the ones that without fail consider every single coach wearing OU colors to be the best at his/her position ever in the history of sports, and consider those of us that don't buy into that line of thinking as somehow less of a fan then them.

I actually don't have much of an argument with anyone that considers Sherri a better coach than Mulkey. I don't happen to agree with that, but I can see why people might have that opinion.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/31/2012, 08:11 PM

Take away Griner and Baylor is a very average team this year.at halfway through pg 1 of this thread, someone(above) has won the chicken dinner already.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/31/2012, 08:19 PM
It has more to do with Mulkey and her many acts of classlessness where OU has been concerned. And that dates back to when we were pounding them 2-3 times a year. It has NOTHING to do with her recent record against us.

It's about like wanting Jimmy Johnson as coach after he took many a verbal jab at OU all those years.All that, and in addition, she's SKELETOR, for goodness sake!

StoopTroup
4/1/2012, 01:04 AM

Curly Baylor? :D ;)

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2012, 07:32 PM
You guys stay classy:
http://www.1660espn.com/includes/news_items/6/9171/kimonuglinesstowarddsbg.mp3

picasso
4/2/2012, 08:00 PM
Exagerate much? I love Sherri, think she's done a great job! I just don't think she's the #1 best coach in America, so sue me, and I know that in your and the other Kool Aid drinkers eyes saying any OU coach is not the absolute best is near blaspehmous, but that's okay, I think it's cute some of you think that way. ;)

Anyway, the OU coach that I think needed to go has in fact gone and I think OU, or at least the OU defense (football version) is better for it.
Dean is a Kool Aid drinker? That's a hoot.

tycat947
4/9/2012, 09:16 PM
The question is, how many coaches with Hypocrite U's talent (i.e. Griner) would be going for their second or third NC instead of their first in Griner's junior year? I can almost guarantee Geno or Pat would hands down. I'm not sure that Sherri wouldn't be playing for more than a first. Tara VanDerveer for sure. If Mulkey is such a great coach on the floor, why were they only playing for their first NC this year??? Mulkey is a great recruiter for sure (after today's news, we now know why!) and she's great at diverting the officials attention from the game and having them make her calls but I think there are a lot of coaches that can 'coach' as well or better than she!

SicEmBaylor
4/10/2012, 01:45 AM
The question is, how many coaches with Hypocrite U's talent (i.e. Griner) would be going for their second or third NC instead of their first in Griner's junior year? I can almost guarantee Geno or Pat would hands down. I'm not sure that Sherri wouldn't be playing for more than a first. Tara VanDerveer for sure. If Mulkey is such a great coach on the floor, why were they only playing for their first NC this year??? Mulkey is a great recruiter for sure (after today's news, we now know why!) and she's great at diverting the officials attention from the game and having them make her calls but I think there are a lot of coaches that can 'coach' as well or better than she!
Uh, Mulkey has won a national championship as a player, an assistant coach, and two as a HC. Plus she has an Olympic gold medal.

Baylor was a conference bottom dweller before Mulkey arrived having NEVER made it to the NCAA tournament. Baylor's record the year before she arrived was 7-20.

Mulkey's overall win % is .811. She has turned Baylor into the top WBB program in the conference. The only year in her HC career that she didn't make the NCAA tournament, she was the runner-up in the WNIT. She has two national championships, 3 Sweet Sixteens, an Elite 8, and a Final Four. She's the only coach in either men's or women's basketball to go 40-0. Her first NC squad was with players that were passed over by every other major program in the country...and yet she can't coach? She can't coach even though her players both former and current routinely praise how good a coach she is? You think recruiting accounts for all of that?

It's true we didn't win a NC last year with Griner, but keep in mind we lost to Aggie, the eventual national champion, which we had already beat no fewer than 3 times in the regular season.

Your ridiculous argument is hereby vacated.

Breadburner
4/10/2012, 05:37 AM
Are we talkin bout wimmens bball....

Turd_Ferguson
4/10/2012, 06:29 AM
I thought this was an old thread about Sicem...

Monster Zero
4/10/2012, 08:21 AM
After the news that broke yesterday I can see why the Domer coach just walked off the floor after the game instead of shaking La Skeletora's hand.

NMSooner'80
4/10/2012, 09:20 AM
Uh, Mulkey has won a national championship as a player, an assistant coach, and two as a HC. Plus she has an Olympic gold medal.

Baylor was a conference bottom dweller before Mulkey arrived having NEVER made it to the NCAA tournament. Baylor's record the year before she arrived was 7-20.

Mulkey's overall win % is .811. She has turned Baylor into the top WBB program in the conference. The only year in her HC career that she didn't make the NCAA tournament, she was the runner-up in the WNIT. She has two national championships, 3 Sweet Sixteens, an Elite 8, and a Final Four. She's the only coach in either men's or women's basketball to go 40-0. Her first NC squad was with players that were passed over by every other major program in the country...and yet she can't coach? She can't coach even though her players both former and current routinely praise how good a coach she is? You think recruiting accounts for all of that?

It's true we didn't win a NC last year with Griner, but keep in mind we lost to Aggie, the eventual national champion, which we had already beat no fewer than 3 times in the regular season.

Your ridiculous argument is hereby vacated.

I'm surprised you don't vacate this board and head over to OUHoops.com. You'll find a lot more fellow Mulkey fans over there.

texaspokieokie
4/10/2012, 09:54 AM
SicEm; it has been noted on another thread; the WNIT is not worth winning or even playing. :playful: