PDA

View Full Version : Mike Gundy Gets New Contract...

Sabanball
3/16/2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like TBP has again opened up the checkbook....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7688027/oklahoma-state-cowboys-front-load-mike-gundy-303-million-eight-year-contract

With a $3 mil buyout, he won't be going anywhere and you're going to have deal with him for a while. Just think what he MIGHT have gotten had he made it to NOLA back in January?

OU_Sooners75
3/16/2012, 10:30 PM
YAWN!!!!

OU_Sooners75
3/16/2012, 10:30 PM
Just remember one thing....he was part of the class that damn near got OSU the death penalty back in the 1980s.

picasso
3/16/2012, 11:27 PM
We have to deal with him? ok.

MeMyself&Me
3/17/2012, 12:08 AM
We have to deal with him? ok.

No kidding! It took an injury ladden OU team (twice if you count 2009) for him to finally win ONE after several years... might as well throw his QB years in there too cause he didn't win then either. This mindset isn't just a Gundy problem though, OSU has only beaten OU 9 times since WWII despite playing every year.

That said, he's the best 'long term' coach they'll ever get and he should be paid well for that kind of quality/loyalty combinatation. But he'll always see OU as the better program and that mindset will rub off on his team.

LVSOONER15
3/17/2012, 12:08 AM
Guaranteed that he leaves within 3-5 years.

texaspokieokie
3/17/2012, 08:40 AM
He deserved a raise.

85sooners
3/17/2012, 10:16 AM
Ou will dismantle gundys squad this year!

Widescreen
3/17/2012, 11:33 AM
We GET to deal with him. But thanks for your usual drive-by needling.

Breadburner
3/17/2012, 01:55 PM
Why would you give a guy that nobody wants a new contract......

texaspokieokie
3/17/2012, 02:06 PM
maybe because his team has won 41 games in last 4 seasons.

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 03:53 PM
He has been recruiting and coaching better than usual.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/17/2012, 04:20 PM
I've actually had a lot of respect for what he's done there since he's been head coach. I think the results speak for themselves

however I've had someone who is connected to the higher-ups in Stillwater tell me that they pretty much think he's a doofus--- but just the best thy can do.

I'm not claiming this as fact or arguing this. I'm simply asking --is this what others have heard?

don't beat me down asking for references or asking for linkage. My point is to just ask if this is A sentiment that others have heard... frankly it surprised me

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 04:49 PM
I've actually had a lot of respect for what he's done there since he's been head coach. I think the results speak for themselves

however I've had someone who is connected to the higher-ups in Stillwater tell me that they pretty much think he's a doofus--- but just the best thy can do.

I'm not claiming this as fact or arguing this. I'm simply asking --is this what others have heard?

don't beat me down asking for references or asking for linkage. My point is to just ask if this is A sentiment that others have heard... frankly it surprised meThe answer to your question may be that Gundy is less of a doofus now than he was? ;-))

Flagstaffsooner
3/17/2012, 04:57 PM
He got lucky last year. T Boone will be in a cold grave and burning in hell if and when it happens again.

agoo758
3/18/2012, 05:10 AM
He got lucky last year.

That's what everyone on SoonerFans said in 2010......and 2009........and 2008.

I'm no poke, but I'll believe it when I see it. Gotta give credit where it's due.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/18/2012, 09:47 AM
The answer to your question may be that Gundy is less of a doofus now than he was? ;-))

good point

SoonerDood
3/18/2012, 09:54 AM
we'll see how he fares this year without Joe DeForest.

Sabanball
3/18/2012, 10:53 AM

don't beat me down asking for references or asking for linkage. My point is to just ask if this is A sentiment that others have heard... frankly it surprised me

That's basically what I've heard.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/18/2012, 12:31 PM
we'll see how he fares this year without Joe DeForest.

isnt that what everyone said when Dana Holgerson left?

Breadburner
3/18/2012, 12:39 PM
isnt that what everyone said when Dana Holgerson left?

Yes it is...But now Dana's offensive stars are gone that were riding the pine before he got there......Gundy does not know talent......So we shall see....

XingTheRubicon
3/23/2012, 10:08 AM
Not everyone can facilitate a snowball fight in hell. Those who can, get paid.