PDA

View Full Version : I'm really pissed at the USPS right now

proud gonzo
3/16/2012, 12:37 PM
arggggh, rant deleted.

postal carrier didn't ring the doorbell w/ a signature confirmation package. I was sitting here waiting for the package delivery. they didn't ring the doorbell, just left the note. i'm super mad.

KantoSooner
3/16/2012, 01:21 PM
If it's anything other than mass mail/junk mail, just pay the extra and get it Fedexed or UPS'd.
There's really no point putting up with the aggravation otherwise.

proud gonzo
3/16/2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't have a choice of the shipping (it was free shipping from a jeweler on eBay) and it needed to be signature confirmation so it didn't get stolen off my porch (like other things have in the past). I used a telecommute day from work specifically so that I could sign for it. I was sitting in my living room waiting for the package, and my damn mail carrier didn't even ring the ****ing doorbell. I'm in Mustang 8-6 every day, so I'll have to have someone else to go the post office to get it for me next week.

yermom
3/16/2012, 01:48 PM
they are open on Saturday

TUSooner
3/16/2012, 03:51 PM
arggggh, rant deleted.

postal carrier didn't ring the doorbell w/ a signature confirmation package. I was sitting here waiting for the package delivery. they didn't ring the doorbell, just left the note. i'm super mad.
Well, it was fine rant nonetheless. I have had FedEx do that to me twice in the last few months. I;d get a notice saying it was the 3rd and final attempt when I could swear they never made one, and never even left a prior notice. And the FedEx place is way farther away than the post office. Really ticked me off good.
Having been a US mail man, I can say that there were a very few lazy SOBs who would do what you said, if they were in a rush or just felt like blowing it off. (Maybe 1 or 2 ne'er-do-wells in my office with 25+ carriers.) I never did and never would. Still, I got accused of it once or twice in 11 years, so I figured sometimes people just didn't hear me knock, or chose the wrong time to answer nature's call, or maybe I didn't knock hard enough. Either way, it's bad. Sorry it happened to you.

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2012, 04:17 PM
That place has really gone down hill since Dean retired.

StoopTroup
3/16/2012, 04:44 PM
That place has really gone down hill since Dean retired.

Once he retired....it seems like they had to lay some folks off.....LOL

Maybe PG should complain to Dean? ;)

Boomer.....
3/16/2012, 04:46 PM
:dean:

StoopTroup
3/16/2012, 07:55 PM
My mailman sings opera. ;)

Wishboned
3/16/2012, 08:04 PM
I was expecting a package one day, so I was sitting on the front porch at about the usual time the carrier came by. I watched her drive up to my mailbox, put the mail in, and drive off. When I went to retrieve my mail there was a notice of an attempted package delivery. She had to come back to hit the other side of the street and I stopped her. She tried to claim she rang my doorbell, and I told her she didn't even ****ing honk.

olevetonahill
3/16/2012, 08:12 PM
I was expecting a package one day, so I was sitting on the front porch at about the usual time the carrier came by. I watched her drive up to my mailbox, put the mail in, and drive off. When I went to retrieve my mail there was a notice of an attempted package delivery. She had to come back to hit the other side of the street and I stopped her. She tried to claim she rang my doorbell, and I told her she didn't even ****ing honk.

Bitches Man Bitches

proud gonzo
3/16/2012, 08:54 PM
They have redemed themselves. The manager of the local post office (on 36th) tracked down the carrier (who was a sub and didn't have a cell phone with her), got the package, and brought it to my house himself.

All is well. :D

cleller
3/16/2012, 10:13 PM
I will take USPS all day, everyday. Especially when dealing with them in a tiny town.

FedEx is the most lazy, inept, careless, and unresponsive outfit I've ever dealt with. Pure corporate runaround.

Glad they made things right by you. A few bad eggs, everywhere, but USPS is the most reliable I've seen.

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 02:09 AM
It is frustrating to get those notices when you burned a work day waiting for something and stayed within earshot of the doorbell. I don't have that trouble any longer because my postman lives right across the street. Hes a great guy too. I run into that problem with the satellite TV techs. They require that you be home to receive them and all you get for your trouble is a no show.

Whet
3/17/2012, 12:10 PM
tell your mailman you are displeased!
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/DeanMailman.jpg

sooner_born_1960
3/18/2012, 05:15 PM
They have redemed themselves. The manager of the local post office (on 36th) tracked down the carrier (who was a sub and didn't have a cell phone with her), got the package, and brought it to my house himself.

All is well. :D
That's exactly the way Dean used to do it.

C&CDean
3/18/2012, 06:25 PM
tell your mailman you are displeased!
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/DeanMailman.jpg

That's right, I'm the new mailman on the TV. Dean the "I Keel You" Mailman. Heh.

I am slayed. Seriously, I cracked the **** up and so did momma. Good jorb on the fark.

What's seriously funny is that our own mail carrier doesn't bring anything to the house due to "vicious dogs." Boomer is a 30 pound rat terrier (they're supposed to be about 18 or so) who couldn't catch you if he tried - unless you're a mouse. He is still hell on them.

I'm glad you got your package Jess, and I apologize for all the fine men and women who still work at the USPS. It sucks when people who are in the customer service biz don't service their customers. Next time, call Lisa. She'll wax their asses for sure.

Of course I never carried the nasty stuff (but momma did), but I feels y'all's pain.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/18/2012, 11:28 PM
When my son was in 1st grade, he became suspicious that Santa Claus didn't exist and that parents were the ones who supplied the gifts under the Christmas tree.

So he devised a plan: He wrote a letter to Santa, sealed and stamped it, and put it in the community mailbox himself -- without showing it to me or Maria.

If he got what he put on his wishlist, that would indicate Santa existed. If not, then his suspicions of no real Santa would be confirmed.

So the next day after he dropped the letter in the box, I waited for the Mr. Postman to arrive. I asked him for the letter back so I can see what my son wrote. Mr. Postman sorted through the mail and obliged.

Much to my son’s surprise, he got what was on his list, without giving his parents any hints.

Thank you, Mr. Postman.