PDA

View Full Version : Brodney Pool signs with the Cowboys

colleyvillesooner
3/15/2012, 10:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4690876/cowboys-sign-brodney-pool

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said during a Thursday morning conference call with reporters the team signed safety Brodney Pool.
Terms were not disclosed.

Pool played for the New York Jets the last two seasons and was credited with four quarterback hurries, three pass breakups and one interception last season.

Garrett said the team wanted to sign Pool last year, during the brief free agency period, but was unable to due to finances.

"He has some really good ball skills," Garrett said.

Pool has played with Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan with the Cleveland Browns in the 2009 season. Under Ryan, Pool had a career-high four interceptions and also had 10 pass breakups.

A second-round pick from Oklahoma by the Browns, Pool is a native of Corpus Christi, Texas.

LVSOONER15
3/15/2012, 11:08 AM
Great for him. Hopefully he makes an impact.

ouleaf
3/15/2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, the Cowboys have been pretty high on signing him for a while, but it just didn't work out until now. Hopefully with the Cowboys signing Pool and Carr from Kansas City, the Cowboys will get better secondary play this season. Still lots of holes all over the defense though.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2012, 11:59 AM
I remember specifically asking Brodney what team he hoped would draft him after he declared and he said Dallas..It's a few years later but he got what he wanted.

sooneron
3/16/2012, 11:10 AM
I'm happy if he is...

I don't really care about Dallas, with the exception of DM and now, BP.

jk the sooner fan
3/16/2012, 11:35 AM
some of the local radio guys were questioning this move - and they were told that Pool is a "great locker room guy" - and a better safety than he is recognized for - not sure what that means - but the locker room presence was nice to hear

colleyvillesooner
3/16/2012, 12:28 PM
Good. Those are lacking for the Boys. I do like that he had his best year in Rob Ryan's D

Always_Sooner
3/16/2012, 02:51 PM
I hope he can give the secondary boost the Cowboys need playing at 3-4, and depending on the safeties to play so far off.

soonertravis
3/21/2012, 02:32 PM
Didn't he play in Cleveland for Rob Ryan then the Jets for Rex? Sounds to me like the Rans think he fits their scheme well.

ouleaf
3/21/2012, 02:55 PM
Yes he played under both Ryan Brothers. So he's certainly familiar with their systems. He's never really put up impressive numbers...Best year was probably in 09 with the Browns under Rob Ryan's defense. Still a pretty young guy and don't think the Cowboys committed very much money to get him. Hopefully he can have a good year and catch on with the team.

ouleaf
8/7/2012, 11:37 AM
Looks like Cowboys cut him a few days ago. Failed his initial conditioning test. Sucks that it didn't work out.

By all accounts though Demarco has had a stellar camp and he is the unquestioned starter at RB.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2012, 01:19 PM
Coach Ryan said "he's not the guy i used to know"

can't come to camp in a skill position and fail your conditioning test

sooneron
8/7/2012, 02:50 PM
Succs