PDA

View Full Version : How come THIS hasnt been discussed?

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:28 PM
WE need to get OUR guys HOME NOW

http://news.yahoo.com/accused-us-soldier-flown-afghanistan-193617318.html

SicEmBaylor
3/14/2012, 10:29 PM
I'm just thankful the Obama administration didn't do something so stupid as to hand him over to the Afghan government.

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2012, 10:29 PM
that has to be a PTSD/brain trauma "snap"

damn shame....i hope he doesnt get the death penalty

diverdog
3/14/2012, 10:34 PM
I bet at the end of the day it is a combination of combat stress and pay back. I read today that a vehicle from that unit was hit with an IED while operating in the area. No one was killed but I am sure our forces are sick and tired of being sh*t upon.

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:35 PM
that has to be a PTSD/brain trauma "snap"

damn shame....i hope he doesnt get the death penalty

No **** Jon, 3 tours In Iraq, And he has a TBI

If we are gonna stay in those type deal then bring back the DRAFT

Hell we had a sorta tuff go in Nam but most of us just did ONE year

diverdog
3/14/2012, 10:48 PM
No **** Jon, 3 tours In Iraq, And he has a TBI

If we are gonna stay in those type deal then bring back the DRAFT

Hell we had a sorta tuff go in Nam but most of us just did ONE year

The problem we have now is our intel is so good that we put these guys in contact all the time. After a one year tour in Vietnam most grunts saw more contact than guys in WWII. Move foward to today and you got guys who are in contact every single day they are in country. It really takes a toll. On the other hand it does make for the most experienced fighting force on the planet.

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:54 PM
The problem we have now is our intel is so good that we put these guys in contact all the time. After a one year tour in Vietnam most grunts saw more contact than guys in WWII. Move foward to today and you got guys who are in contact every single day they are in country. It really takes a toll. On the other hand it does make for the most experienced fighting force on the planet.

I could get real deep in discussing this. But I wont

Simple to me , Bring our guys home NOW

diverdog
3/15/2012, 06:12 AM

Oh, I agree.

C&CDean
3/15/2012, 08:36 AM

Ain't happening. Luke is being deployed in September.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 10:29 AM
Not sure WTH we're doing in Afghanistan. We should have checked out as soon as Bin Laden was dead. Things are going to go to hell in a hand basket once we leave. The only question is how many billions do we want to spend and how many of our best young men and women do we want to sacrifice before the inevitable cluster**** the region will be once we're gone?

sappstuf
3/15/2012, 10:30 AM
20K are going home without replacements before September 1st.

I used to think the presidential election would matter or not if we actually pulled out in 2014. Now I don't think it matters. We will be gone no matter what.

If we pull out our Soldiers, Sailors and Marines out of the provinces like Karzai asked for, more will be coming home sooner.

rock on sooner
3/15/2012, 11:37 AM
Not sure WTH we're doing in Afghanistan. We should have checked out as soon as Bin Laden was dead. Things are going to go to hell in a hand basket once we leave. The only question is how many billions do we want to spend and how many of our best young men and women do we want to sacrifice before the inevitable cluster**** the region will be once we're gone?

Seal Team 6 took care of the "reason" we're in that sewer. You are correct about what
happens once we leave. Nature abhors a vacuum and the Taliban will fill that void in
a heartbeat. The real sadness is that schools, roads, agricultural advancements will
disappear and the warlords will reassert themselves and that country will revert to
the backward status it "enjoyed" before the Russians and then our efforts came along.
Old men are warlords now and young men want to be just like them. Women and girls
will be treated like chattel.

No justification for what the Sarge did, but, Lord, four deployments, TBI, getting blown
up by stuff you can't see or hear. Maybe he thought by doing the unthinkable he
could some how hurry the process.....

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 12:12 PM
No justification for what the Sarge did, but, Lord, four deployments, TBI, getting blown
up by stuff you can't see or hear. Maybe he thought by doing the unthinkable he
could some how hurry the process.....

I don't want to comment on what the sergeant did until the evidence is in. TBI can be a lot of things. Whether it can be used as an excuse for murder is far beyond my pay grade. Real experts will investigate and tell us what really happened. I'll say that I'm skeptical that the TBI or battle fatigue can be blamed. I sympathize to an extent, but it takes a lot to excuse murder.

rock on sooner
3/15/2012, 12:57 PM
I don't want to comment on what the sergeant did until the evidence is in. TBI can be a lot of things. Whether it can be used as an excuse for murder is far beyond my pay grade. Real experts will investigate and tell us what really happened. I'll say that I'm skeptical that the TBI or battle fatigue can be blamed. I sympathize to an extent, but it takes a lot to excuse murder.

Didn't mean to imply ANY excuse for what transpired...I agree, people a lot smarter
than I am will be charged with figuring this out...really feel for this quy's family...