PDA

View Full Version : Personhood

Serge Ibaka
3/14/2012, 04:31 PM
Help me because I'm stupid.

The required signatures seems like it'll be a sinch for the anti-choice folk over just a few Sundays. So does this mean it will absolutely go on the November ballot?

And furthermore, it obviously stands contrary to prior Supreme Court rulings, so what then if it passes? Drawn-out appeals process?

Thank you in advance. Sifting through the blogosphere is obnoxious.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 04:54 PM
No, abortion will still be safe and legal. It does not overturn Planned Parenthood v. Casey.

What it does do is potentially open the door for a panoply of absurdities.

Child support from conception? Check.
Visitation from conception? Check.
Making any fertility clinic the legal equivalent of Auschwitz? Check.

The potential absurd results of this law are legion. That said, it will not be able to accomplish anything insofar as making abortion illegal or unavailable. It's a dumb law written by dumb people for dumb people.

Even Mississippi was smart enough to vote it down.

pphilfran
3/14/2012, 05:16 PM
It would be a frigging nightmare if it were implemented...

C&CDean
3/14/2012, 05:54 PM
Well as long as it's safe and legal then it's all good...

Little dead Johnny prolly doesn't think it's safe though.

OU68
3/15/2012, 02:17 PM
Seems like there ought to be something between (kill anything any time) and (can't kill anything any time). :dispirited:

Ton Loc
3/15/2012, 02:32 PM
Well as long as it's safe and legal then it's all good...

Little dead Johnny prolly doesn't think it's safe though.

Little Dead Johnny went too early. He's just another statistic in the war against abortion. He never got the chance the be a statistic in the war against drugs, drop-outs, and thugs. Too bad...

Seriously though, I usually will sign any petition just so people get to vote on whatever it is they want. Probably not going to vote this time.

soonercruiser
3/15/2012, 11:00 PM
Help me because I'm stupid.

The required signatures seems like it'll be a sinch for the anti-choice folk over just a few Sundays. So does this mean it will absolutely go on the November ballot?

And furthermore, it obviously stands contrary to prior Supreme Court rulings, so what then if it passes? Drawn-out appeals process?

Thank you in advance. Sifting through the blogosphere is obnoxious.

You really don't know much about the argument, do you!
Antichoice really = "Pro-life". Can't change a term that was used before libs invented another insult.
Pro-Choice = actually "Pro-death". Let's call it what it is.

The state's bill is patterned after the same language in laws already in place in other states, THAT HAS NOT BEEN CHALLENGED BY THE COURTS!

LiveLaughLove
3/15/2012, 11:13 PM
Yes, Libs are the harbingers of death for the innocent. They are very opposed to death for the actually guilty.

Here's a thought, if all pro-abortion types went ahead and aborted themselves it would help slow world hunger, cut down on our reliance of fossil fuels, drastically slow global warming, aid in wildlife re-habitation, save the rain forest, and last but not least, would be putting their bodies where their hypocritical mouths are. Just a thought.

If you won't abort yourself, it seems extremely selfish and hypocritical that you are so willing to make that choice for another human being (and they are a separate REAL human being).

Before you go there, I am opposed to the death penalty. I don't believe Jesus (who was executed) would flip that switch, and it would save a truly innocent person from a permanent judgement. I prefer life without parole at hard labor in Alaska. So I am steadfastly pro-life in both situations.

ictsooner7
3/16/2012, 08:03 AM
If you don't like abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE. Antichoice zealots just want to control women, denying them not only the right to choose their own private healthcare, but to also to control their choice of using birth control.

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 03:17 AM
Whatever happened to only having sex with someone you love enough to make a baby with? If you don't want to become pregnant or make someone else pregnant then there are easy medical procedures that can fix that.

I'll add that my parents use to say, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 08:15 AM
Whatever happened to only having sex with someone you love enough to make a baby with?

It is no longer 1896.

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 08:24 AM
It is no longer 1896.Thanks, Captain obvious.

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Captain obvious.

Ah, back with your usual dumbass contribution? Now run along now and spend 15 minutes showing me who's boss by finding every one of my posts you haven't already neg'd and neg 'em.

yermom
3/17/2012, 10:08 AM
If you don't like abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE. Antichoice zealots just want to control women, denying them not only the right to choose their own private healthcare, but to also to control their choice of using birth control.

personally, i'm waiting for the 12th trimester abortions to be legal

what a woman does with her 3 year old in the privacy of her bathtub isn't the business of any man

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 11:32 AM
Ah, back with your usual dumbass contribution? Now run along now and spend 15 minutes showing me who's boss by finding every one of my posts you haven't already neg'd and neg 'em.Did your feeler's get bent?

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 11:35 AM
Did your feeler's get bent?

An apostrophe doesn't make a plural.

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 11:48 AM
An apostrophe doesn't make a plural.You're doing it wrong...

pphilfran
3/17/2012, 11:53 AM
An apostrophe doesn't make a plural.

He is just possessive of his feeler....

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 04:26 PM
It is no longer 1896.Its been more recent than that. Our society has drifted away from the type of morals that prevented such a high rate of unwanted pregnancies.

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 04:33 PM
If you don't like abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE. Antichoice zealots just want to control women, denying them not only the right to choose their own private healthcare, but to also to control their choice of using birth control. Unless there is some medical problem involved, I wouldn't say that having one has anything to do with healthcare.

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 04:50 PM
Its been more recent than that. Our society has drifted away from the type of morals that prevented such a high rate of unwanted pregnancies.

Morals or a repressed/less free society? Do you want to look more or less like Saudi Arabia?

MamaMia
3/17/2012, 05:44 PM
Morals or a repressed/less free society? Do you want to look more or less like Saudi Arabia?We have never looked like Saudi Arabia.

Oh...In answer to your question, for a start, I would like to see less young girls having sex. I would also like to see, those who do so, to stop thinking of abortion as a means of birth control.

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 06:09 PM
We have never looked like Saudi Arabia.

Oh...In answer to your question, for a start, I would like to see less young girls having sex. I would also like to see, those who do so, to stop thinking of abortion as a means of birth control.You can't do that Mama...You'd be asking for personal responsibility...Something Mid doesn't believe in.

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 06:12 PM
Morals or a repressed/less free society? Do you want to look more or less like Saudi Arabia?How would we "more or less" look like Saudi Arabia?...or do you just think that makes your argument look better?

yermom
3/17/2012, 06:28 PM
More like Saudi Arabia or less?

yermom
3/17/2012, 06:29 PM
As in, maybe we should stone girls found to be non-virgins on their wedding night

StoopTroup
3/17/2012, 06:49 PM
i'M A pRO cHoIcE vOTeR....

DoN't sTICk YoUr pEnIs iN A vAgiNA. tHEY aRe vERy ExpENSiVe.

alwAYS pIItB. aLwAyS ChOOse ThE BuTT Or cHooSE To jERk It. :bull_head::love_heart:;):adoration::hurt:

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 06:53 PM
As in, maybe we should stone girls found to be non-virgins on their wedding night

As in there's nothing innately harmful about folks having sex when, where and with whom they want and the government has no business regulating that. But of course they can't even if Santorum wants to regulate..Santorum... Connecticut v. Griswold and such.

StoopTroup
3/17/2012, 06:56 PM
How to avoid an unwanted preganancy....

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/298/7/a/Stock___Right_Hand_reaching_by_handy_stock07.jpg

Ton Loc
3/17/2012, 08:59 PM
Where's the hairy palm?

Turd_Ferguson
3/17/2012, 09:13 PM
Where's the hairy palm?The wimmenz don't have hairs on it anymore...pay tention.

olevetonahill
3/17/2012, 09:49 PM
As in there's nothing innately harmful about folks having sex when, where and with whom they want and the government has no business regulating that. But of course they can't even if Santorum wants to regulate..Santorum... Connecticut v. Griswold and such.

All well and Good IF they dont expect the Gov. to Pay for the Doctors bills and The Food to keep em alive and the Housing assistance they expect the Gov. to provide And the Utility help they expect the Gov. to provide

Gov. AKA as the Tax payer

Midtowner
3/17/2012, 10:26 PM
All well and Good IF they dont expect the Gov. to Pay for the Doctors bills and The Food to keep em alive and the Housing assistance they expect the Gov. to provide And the Utility help they expect the Gov. to provide

Gov. AKA as the Tax payer

Heck. Santorum'd outlaw buttsecks amongst men. Probly wimenz too. That's not making babies. In fact, he's said he believes the states should be able to outlaw birth control. Do you think outlawing birth control would mean more or less children for the taxpayers to look after?

Turd_Ferguson
3/18/2012, 10:24 AM
Heck. Santorum'd outlaw buttsecks amongst men. Probly wimenz too. That's not making babies. In fact, he's said he believes the states should be able to outlaw birth control. Do you think outlawing birth control would mean more or less children for the taxpayers to look after?Where/when did he say he would outlaw butt secks?

LiveLaughLove
3/18/2012, 11:11 AM
Where/when did he say he would outlaw butt secks?

He didn't, he just throws them in to apoplectic fits at the sound of his voice or his picture on the tv. By the time they are done drooling and convulsing they aren't sure what he actually said.

They just know they won't like it. I didn't vote for the guy, but I'm beginning to like him. He is starting to get under their skin like Sarah. I admire that for sure.

Anytime there is great wailing and gnashing of teeth, and robes are rent over a Republican, they can't be half bad. :)

yermom
3/18/2012, 11:16 AM
well, we see how she did politically, don't we?

Turd_Ferguson
3/18/2012, 11:17 AM
He didn't, he just throws them in to apoplectic fits at the sound of his voice or his picture on the tv. By the time they are done drooling and convulsing they aren't sure what he actually said.

They just know they won't like it. I didn't vote for the guy, but I'm beginning to like him. He is starting to get under their skin like Sarah. I admire that for sure.

Anytime there is great wailing and gnashing of teeth, and robes are rent over a Republican, they can't be half bad. :)I figger'd as much...Just more spin to make the argument look better. Kinda like the US looking like Saudi Arabia and stoning non-virgins...

LiveLaughLove
3/18/2012, 11:43 AM
well, we see how she did politically, don't we?

Yes, governor of a state, vice presidential candidate that brought in far more voters than McCain had before announcing her, icon of conservatives, hated and despised by the MSM and lefties everywhere (I know, that was redundant), still being attacked by Ear Leader as if he is still running against her, a household name (unlike Biden), best selling author, a successful tv show, a millionaire by now I'm sure.

Yeah, she really sucks. I'm sure you are much more accomplished. Unclinch those teeth, it raises your blood pressure.

yermom
3/18/2012, 11:47 AM
i mean during her VP run.

sure Santorum might get a book deal, or a job on Faux News, but he isn't going to sniff the oval office

and my teeth aren't clenched, outside of some circle of zealots everyone knows they are both clowns

LiveLaughLove
3/18/2012, 12:25 PM
i mean during her VP run.

sure Santorum might get a book deal, or a job on Faux News, but he isn't going to sniff the oval office

and my teeth aren't clenched, outside of some circle of zealots everyone knows they are both clowns

Absolutely I agree. Only we zealots don't notice the makeup and big shoes.

Santorum is leading in current polls head to head against Obama. Must be a big circle.

Oh the Faux News thing is funny and original. I've never heard that before. I suppose real news is CNN? ABC? NBC? NYTimes? Right? right.

Midtowner
3/18/2012, 04:00 PM
Where/when did he say he would outlaw butt secks?

In an interview with the Associated Press, Santorum said , "If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything." and "Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, whether it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family."

So there you have it.

Midtowner
3/18/2012, 04:02 PM
Santorum is leading in current polls head to head against Obama. Must be a big circle.

Right now the RCP Average has Obama beating Santorum by 8.6%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_santorum_vs_obama-2912.html

--Fox News has Santorum losing by 12%.

Turd_Ferguson
3/18/2012, 05:14 PM
In an interview with the Associated Press, Santorum said , "If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything." and "Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, whether it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family."

So there you have it.Funny, I don't see anywhere in that supposed quote where he said "I will outlaw buttsecks"...Nice spin though.

Serge Ibaka
3/27/2012, 02:38 AM
Antichoice really = "Pro-life". Can't change a term that was used before libs invented another insult.
Pro-Choice = actually "Pro-death". Let's call it what it is.

Your words are as stupid as my words. It's all meaningless; language creates bias regardless. Shut up.