PDA

View Full Version : Obeary not concerned about endangered species when it comes to our NATIONAL SYMBOL

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/14/2012, 01:11 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46729054/ns/us_news-environment/

GO BEARY!

yermom
3/14/2012, 01:27 PM
The bald eagle was removed from the federal list of threatened species in 2007, following its reclassification in 1995 from endangered to threatened.

i'm still not sure what "sovereignty" means at this point though

TUSooner
3/14/2012, 01:33 PM
Too bad they didn't get a license to hunt parrots.

3/14/2012, 01:40 PM
Too bad they didn't get a license to hunt parrots.Is that you being clever? Do you actually approve of disrespecting our national symbol?

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 01:40 PM
They're no longer endangered and some native American tribe wants to be able to kill a few? How is this a big deal?

And "Obeary"? Grow up.

3/14/2012, 01:43 PM
I'm glad there are more eagles than there used to be. Good thing they don't all live where it's now fine for certain groups to shoot them.

cleller
3/14/2012, 02:00 PM
If I can't shoot hawks that are eating my chickens, Indians don't need to be killing eagles.

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 02:01 PM
RushClone, This thread and the one started by Midtowner http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?166953-Reliable-Pharmacy-%28Ersland-s-former-employer%29-Back-in-the-News

Are nothing But attempts to Flame

Both of Yall should go hide in a closet for awhile.

pphilfran
3/14/2012, 02:09 PM
If I can't shoot hawks that are eating my chickens, Indians don't need to be killing eagles.

Oklahoma

Oklahoma Statutes Annotated. Title 29. Game and Fish. Chapter 1. Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Code. Article V. Game. Part 4. Protected Game. § 5-410. Hawks; falcons; owls; eagles

Statute Details
Printable Version
Citation: OK ST T. 29 § 5-410

Citation: 29 Okl. St. Ann. § 5-410

Last Checked by Web Center Staff: 12/2011

Summary:

Oklahoma law prohibits the knowing and willful killing or molestation of hawks, falcons, owls, or eagles, or their nests, eggs, or young. The only exceptions to this prohibition are the taking of a hawk or owl in the act of destroying domestic birds or fowl, or the use of hawks, owls, falcons, or eagles by licensed falconers. For discussion of federal Eagle Act, see Detailed Discussion.

Statute in Full:

A. Except as otherwise provided, no person may knowingly and willfully, by means of any device, molest, injure or kill any species of hawk, falcon, owl or eagle, their nests, eggs or young.

B. Birds exempt from this provision are:

1. Any species of hawk or owl in the act of destroying domestic birds or fowl;

2. Any species of hawk, falcon, owl or eagle, except those species prohibited by federal law, when taken by a licensed falconer for use in the practice of falconry, as provided in Section 29-5-206[29-5-206] of this Code.

CREDIT(S)
Laws 1974, c. 17, § 5-410, eff. April 8, 1974. Laws 1975, c. 16, § 2, eff. March 4, 1975.

TUSooner
3/14/2012, 02:15 PM
Man, the things people get all worked up about... I just can't understand.

okie52
3/14/2012, 02:24 PM

He11, you can't even shoot stinkin' egrets no matter how many of them are crappin' on your home or property.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/14/2012, 02:35 PM
"One of the goals of the current suit is to prevent any young men like Winslow Friday from being prosecuted in the future for practicing their traditional religious ceremonies," Baldwin said.

Hmm. Religious rights issue, eh? I guess religious rights are only respected by this administration if it applies to Native American religious practice. Equal protection under the law.

TUSooner
3/14/2012, 02:58 PM
Holy ****. Trying to pin some minor admin decision on a Prez -- and as evidence of anti-patriotic or anti-christian bias? Totally pathetic. SOMEBODY GET A ****ING LIFE ALREADY !!!

Sorry to shout, but this is absolutely the lamest anti-O thread ever.

okie52
3/14/2012, 03:09 PM
Holy ****. Trying to pin some minor admin decision on a Prez -- and as evidence of anti-patriotic or anti-christian bias? Totally pathetic. SOMEBODY GET A ****ING LIFE ALREADY !!!

It's easy to see How Obama and his Muslim Kenyan tribal voodoo beliefs are going to get Bald Eagles killed in his quest to destroy the US.

3/14/2012, 03:13 PM
If I can't shoot hawks that are eating my chickens, Indians don't need to be killing eagles.If you claim killing hawks is a religious ritual for you, and you aren't white, your application might be approved...oh, wait, hawks not being a NATIONAL SYMBOL might be a problem.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 03:40 PM
Hmm. Religious rights issue, eh? I guess religious rights are only respected by this administration if it applies to Native American religious practice. Equal protection under the law.

Is it part of the Christian religion to hunt certain protected species?

3/14/2012, 03:50 PM
Is it part of the Christian religion to hunt certain protected species?I think NOT! However, many practitioners of certain religions, even in the 21st centuary, have the killing of human infidels as A-OK.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 03:54 PM
I think NOT! However, many practitioners of certain religions, even in the 21st centuary, have the killing of human infidels as A-OK.

Has the government supported the killing of infidels? That'd be pretty bad. Probably even worse than killing bald eagles.

(I'm laughing, just not with you)

achiro
3/14/2012, 04:04 PM
Chicken, they taste like chicken.

achiro
3/14/2012, 04:05 PM
BTW, I chopped down a rose bush the other day. Don't come take my home for killing a national symbol.

TUSooner
3/14/2012, 04:08 PM
It's easy to see How Obama and his Muslim Kenyan tribal voodoo beliefs are going to get Bald Eagles killed in his quest to destroy the US.

Well there's that, yes, inarguably. :D

3/14/2012, 04:11 PM
Has the government supported the killing of infidels? That'd be pretty bad. Probably even worse than killing bald eagles.

(I'm laughing, just not with you)As far as I know, the US govt. has not announced they are ok with killing infidels from any specific religion. Yeah, it's all real funny, til early November, we hope.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 04:51 PM
As far as I know, the US govt. has not announced they are ok with killing infidels from any specific religion. Yeah, it's all real funny, til early November, we hope.

Oh, you are suggesting the government is fine with that?

3/14/2012, 05:01 PM
Oh, you are suggesting the government is fine with that?I'm suggesting what lots of people think. They really aren't sure whether the govt. is fine with that or not. This govt. is so destructive of America in so many different ways, it's hard to figure they are doing an honest job of trying to run our country in a good way, as our football coach would say.

soonerhubs
3/14/2012, 05:17 PM
A few months ago, I accidentally hit an owl that was walking on the road. It was dark. I still feel bad. :(

Also, question for William: Do you think Santorum will work to reduce federal spending, increase it, or keep it the same?

diverdog
3/14/2012, 05:18 PM
When I did a lot of work for the Sierra Club I wrote a number of comments for the club on the proposed delisting of the Bald Eagle. In most areas the Bald Eagle has recovered nicely. Where I live in the Mid-Atlantic I see lots of Eagles and one flies over my house about every other day. Delaware is a prime wintering area for eagles. There are places mostly farther south and west where the eagles have not recovered and I felt in my comments that they should remain listed as threatened.

What is happening here is not uncommon but I do disagree with the so called "native" exemptions. There are tribes that are allowed to whale on threatened or endangered species for "religious purposes". If the species can support harvesting then so be it. However, if they are still in trouble either nationally or regionally I believe that you use the precautionary approach and protect the animal.

As the article states there are a repositories for eagle feathers and they should be used. Killing an eagle for its feathers whether it is for religious purposes or for sport seems wrong to me. Raptors are an indicator species and should be protected.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 05:21 PM
I'm suggesting what lots of people think. They really aren't sure whether the govt. is fine with that or not. This govt. is so destructive of America in so many different ways, it's hard to figure they are doing an honest job of trying to run our country in a good way, as our football coach would say.

You think a lot of people think the U.S. government wants to kill infidels? There is no adjective fitting to describe that other than insane (or anything which corresponds in the thesaurus).

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 05:23 PM
The question here, I think, is whether eagle tastes like the dark meat or light meat part of the chicken. I don't get too hung up over killing non-threatened species. I can understand why eagles are protected, but if the population can survive a few selected harvestings, what's the harm?

The Endangered Species Act was not created to guarantee the humane treatment and respect of all wild animals. It was enacted to protect specific endangered populations.

C&CDean
3/14/2012, 05:56 PM

Dude, be fair. If there were a R in office you'd be doing the same lame thing. Don't lie.

3/14/2012, 05:57 PM
The question here, I think, is whether eagle tastes like the dark meat or light meat part of the chicken. I don't get too hung up over killing non-threatened species. I can understand why eagles are protected, but if the population can survive a few selected harvestings, what's the harm?

The Endangered Species Act was not created to guarantee the humane treatment and respect of all wild animals. It was enacted to protect specific endangered populations.We can agree it's not absolute survival of the species. If a R gets elected, which would be your fave and why?

3/14/2012, 06:01 PM
You think a lot of people think the U.S. government wants to kill infidels? There is no adjective fitting to describe that other than insane (or anything which corresponds in the thesaurus).Crazy card plays just like the stoopid card. WAY overplayed, enough to be absolutely boring.

Do I think the president loves our country, our people and its laws. No, I don't believe He does.

3/14/2012, 06:07 PM
A few months ago, I accidentally hit an owl that was walking on the road. It was dark. I still feel bad. :(

Also, question for William: Do you think Santorum will work to reduce federal spending, increase it, or keep it the same?I believe he is the most likely of the 3 who might be electable to scrap Obamacare and many other unconstitutional things the admin. is doing. I would hope any of the 3 would do the job. Spend money on the things the fed. govt. is authorized to do, and no mas. All 3 of them. That is, whoever gets it should do what I said here. It's outa our hands now, until the general E.

AlboSooner
3/14/2012, 09:18 PM
It's the first step to the Obama-led, moslem-athiest-communist caliphate.

diverdog
3/14/2012, 09:23 PM
Crazy card plays just like the stoopid card. WAY overplayed, enough to be absolutely boring.

Do I think the president loves our country, our people and its laws. No, I don't believe He does.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/jeffskat/TINFOILHATGUY.jpg

They are coming to get us.

OhU1
3/14/2012, 09:25 PM
It's the first step to the Obama-led, moslem-athiest-communist caliphate. Leave us out of Obama's dirty Muslim scheme! :obama icon:

TUSooner
3/15/2012, 08:04 AM
Dude, be fair. If there were a R in office you'd be doing the same lame thing. Don't lie.
No, sir. I don't play that way. Oh, it gets done on the other side (left) all the time, but not by me.
Some guy way down the chain of command made a decision he thought was best, and somebody wants to make it into a controversy.
meh.

3/15/2012, 01:05 PM
Some guy way down the chain of command made a decision he thought was best, and somebody wants to make it into a controversy.
meh.Now that we know fershur exactly how your Obear Administration works, we are comforted knowing competent folks are there working for the betterment of the USA...my bad.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 01:29 PM
Now that we know fershur exactly how your Obear Administration works, we are comforted knowing competent folks are there working for the betterment of the USA...my bad.

This decision was probably not made by a political appointee. It's actually pretty likely they've been around since Bush II or before. Do you have any idea how the process for an exemption to this statute works? Who makes the final call?

Ton Loc
3/15/2012, 01:46 PM
It's the first step to the Obama-led, moslem-athiest-communist caliphate.

This would be the answer to the $2000 question on Jeopardy under the category of "Things that don't work together."

cleller
3/15/2012, 04:21 PM
Oklahoma

Oklahoma Statutes Annotated. Title 29. Game and Fish. Chapter 1. Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Code. Article V. Game. Part 4. Protected Game. § 5-410. Hawks; falcons; owls; eagles

Statute Details
Printable Version
Citation: OK ST T. 29 § 5-410

Citation: 29 Okl. St. Ann. § 5-410

Last Checked by Web Center Staff: 12/2011

Summary:

Oklahoma law prohibits the knowing and willful killing or molestation of hawks, falcons, owls, or eagles, or their nests, eggs, or young. The only exceptions to this prohibition are the taking of a hawk or owl in the act of destroying domestic birds or fowl, or the use of hawks, owls, falcons, or eagles by licensed falconers. For discussion of federal Eagle Act, see Detailed Discussion.

Statute in Full:

A. Except as otherwise provided, no person may knowingly and willfully, by means of any device, molest, injure or kill any species of hawk, falcon, owl or eagle, their nests, eggs or young.

B. Birds exempt from this provision are:

1. Any species of hawk or owl in the act of destroying domestic birds or fowl;

2. Any species of hawk, falcon, owl or eagle, except those species prohibited by federal law, when taken by a licensed falconer for use in the practice of falconry, as provided in Section 29-5-206[29-5-206] of this Code.

CREDIT(S)
Laws 1974, c. 17, § 5-410, eff. April 8, 1974. Laws 1975, c. 16, § 2, eff. March 4, 1975.

Interesting. Appreciate the research. I've read that all hawks were protected by the federal migratory bird act:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migratory_Bird_Treaty_Act_of_1918

Since the state law is so specific about allowing the protection of domestic fowl, it might help- even though federal law would typically supersede.

Its a moot point. The odds of my being present and armed when a hawk comes in for the kill are pretty low.

diverdog
3/15/2012, 07:31 PM
Interesting. Appreciate the research. I've read that all hawks were protected by the federal migratory bird act:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migratory_Bird_Treaty_Act_of_1918

Since the state law is so specific about allowing the protection of domestic fowl, it might help- even though federal law would typical supersede.

Its a moot point. The odds of my being present and armed when a hawk comes in for the kill are pretty low.

I am pretty sure if you get caught shooting a hawk you are in deep kimche. Not only would you be in violation of the Migratory Bird Act but I think the Lacy Act as well. A friend of mine is a federal F&W officer and if you would like I could ask him.

3/15/2012, 07:31 PM
This decision was probably not made by a political appointee. It's actually pretty likely they've been around since Bush II or before. Do you have any idea how the process for an exemption to this statute works? Who makes the final call?How did those poor Arapaho get by all these years without killing our NATIONAL SYMBOL?
Hey, maybe they WERE killing eagles, and nobody knew, since they were on sovereign land. ? Wonder why they applied to the Obear admin. to go the religious route?What do you know about all this that you're not telling us?