PDA

View Full Version : Should Oklahomans be taxed for stuff they buy online?

badger
3/13/2012, 09:19 AM
The bill died in the House on Monday.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120313_504_A13_OKLAHO344914)

There are many different sides to this issue, so I'll just go through the arguments I've heard:

1- Oklahomans are already supposed to pay taxes on stuff they purchase online if they are not charged sales tax. Many just don't.

2- IN THE NAME OF FAIRNESS! This was the most common argument for charging sales tax, saying it put Internet companies at an unfair advantage over brick and mortar ones located in-state.

3- Shipping costs for Internet purchases make Internet purchases more expensive. Thus, an additional sales tax would make Internet purchases not worthwhile.

4- The state needs more revenue. Either to fund the expiring federal education funds (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=19&articleid=20120313_19_A1_CUTLIN774234) or to fund a state income tax cut, Oklahoma needs revenue. This could have been an additional revenue source.

5- The purchases are made in the state of Oklahoma, not in the state where the business is located. Thus, Oklahoma is entitled to sales tax on sales made within its state, even cyber sales, even if the business is located, in say, Kansas (there's an Amazon shipping center just north of our border I know).

I am not saying I agree or disagree, these are just some arguments I've heard.

Thoughts?

Midtowner
3/13/2012, 09:36 AM
Taxing online purposes would reward brick and mortar establishments for coming into our communities and creating jobs. Also, if internet purchases had the reputation of being more expensive than brick and mortar purchases, those local job creators would be even more rewarded. For everyone but the online retailers and consumers who wants to save 5%-10% on a purchase by cheating on their taxes, this is a win.

Ike
3/13/2012, 09:45 AM
1 -- This is true

2 -- In state stores are at a disadvantage. My wife works at a little boutique store that sells to a very specific niche. And while the prices they charge are very fairly comprable to prices you can find online, they still have many people come to the store to touch and feel the product before ordering online elsewhere. They've tried to do a few things to separate themselves from the online pack, and have had a bit of success with that, but they are at a disadvantage when it comes to sales tax

3 -- It's not hard to find free shipping on the interwebs. Sometimes it is hard to find free shipping on the exact thing you want right now. But at some point, it will be there

4 -- yes

5 --yes

I've also heard complaints from online merchants that keeping up with sales tax laws everywhere would be very burdensome for them. And they have somewhat of a point on that. However, this seems to me that this shouldn't be very much of a problem. Given the number of companies out there that exist to process payments, I don't think it should be that difficult for them to figure out what sales tax needs to be charged, and provide that as a service as well.

pphilfran
3/13/2012, 10:01 AM
Yes

dwarthog
3/13/2012, 10:33 AM
Purchasing goods off the internet has certainly changed a lot of dynamics.

1) Easier to "shop" for "exactly" what you want.

2) Amazon has a deal where you can pay them a 1 time fee, $75 for a year and get free shipping on second day delivery. (Wide variety of products, not just books)

3) IMO, the hassle of fighting traffic,spending time and spending the $$ on gas etc. is lot worse than a couple bucks on shipping.

4) Local Brick and Mortar businesses should get their act's together and fight for the business. I am happy to buy stuff locally and pay the taxes. I just hate wasting time searching for it.

5) Any thought of a "fairness" tax should be treated like a turd in a punch bowl. Brick and mortar business have the same exact access to the internet and creating a store front as "internet businesses" do. Get off your butts, compete and create even more jobs!

6) Figure out a different way to raise the required revenues. Rumor has it that more folks from Brazil will be visiting on tourist visa's, take some of their money in the form of "fees". "Welcome to Oklahoma, give me $20, have a fun time!"

Whet
3/13/2012, 10:42 AM
If you purchase online from a company that has a location in OK, you will pay OK sales tax. Other than that, you should not be required to pay sales tax on your online purchases.

achiro
3/13/2012, 10:48 AM
Taxing online purposes would reward brick and mortar establishments for coming into our communities and creating jobs. Also, if internet purchases had the reputation of being more expensive than brick and mortar purchases, those local job creators would be even more rewarded. For everyone but the online retailers and consumers who wants to save 5%-10% on a purchase by cheating on their taxes, this is a win.
So you want the government to get more involved in free enterprise. Slippery slope.

LiveLaughLove
3/13/2012, 11:06 AM
I make my living from people purchasing online, so in my totally biased opinion, I want the government to stay out of it.

They won't. It's money after all. Wherever there is money to be had, there are politicians figuring out how to get it.

The internet has been driving big government politicians crazy for years. California thought they hit a gold mine by hitting the amazon affiliates. Amazon threw 'em a curve ball and closed california out. So the politicians had to suspend that law. A lot of the california affiliates sold their great sites for next to nothing not knowing the law would get suspended. Some honorable buyers gave them back, but a lot didn't. Very costly oops by the dem majority there.

Lott's Bandana
3/13/2012, 11:19 AM
If you purchase online from a company that has a location in OK, you will pay OK sales tax. Other than that, you should not be required to pay sales tax on your online purchases.

You are required to pay the sales tax on what you buy online (see OP's #1). It requires paperwork and sending the state $$$. I don't know many that do that.

badger
3/13/2012, 12:06 PM
You are required to pay the sales tax on what you buy online (see OP's #1). It requires paperwork and sending the state $$$. I don't know many that do that.

Nor do I, so that was part of the supporters' argument, that they were essentially closing a tax loophole.

Frankly, it's only a matter of time before every state cracks down on this, because states see revenue opportunities and om nom nom nom feeeeeeed meeeeeee morrrrrre. :P

sappstuf
3/13/2012, 12:08 PM
Only "the rich", which includes those dirty nasty oilies...

Ton Loc
3/13/2012, 12:40 PM
We should pay taxes, but I don't want to.

cleller
3/13/2012, 01:01 PM
Bad timing for this question. This is the time of year when I'm realizing I pay $10-20k per year in various taxes, $5k in health insurance $2k in car insurance, $2k home insurance, $2.5k property tax, etc.

I don't go to the doctor or hospital, don't have car wrecks, don't make homeowners claims; so I am helping to pay for all those people who do. And many of those people don't pay a cent for any of the above.

Now I have to be a good, honest citizen and fork over taxes for my little indulgences from Amazon and Ebay?

Chuck Bao
3/13/2012, 01:04 PM
I love home owned stores and secondly Oklahoma owned franchises. Besides that I don't care.
I spent 6 months in Southern Oklahoma and never found a decent pair of guy's underwear here. It is really sad. But, I could find some acceptable underwear online and I'd be willing to pay the sales tax on it anyway.

Fraggle145
3/13/2012, 01:15 PM
4-If the state would quit spending money making and then defending dumbass laws that are ultimately undefendable and we all know it and actually get to work on something meaningful we might have some more money.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/13/2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure what was in the law, but I know in Louisiana, if you have a brick and mortar store in the state then you have to collect sales tax on online sales from residents in the state. I'm guessing Oklahoma does the same thing. We, of course, are supposed to self report online purchases on the yearly tax return and pay sales taxes but nobody does that.

I don't know how you would force a company from outside the state, with no presence in the state to collect state sales tax.

yermom
3/13/2012, 02:09 PM
keeping track of all this seems like it would cost a lot of money. i can't imagine a way to enforce this.

Midtowner
3/13/2012, 02:41 PM
So you want the government to get more involved in free enterprise. Slippery slope.

There's no such thing as a slippery slope. That's why it's known as a logical fallacy.

badger
3/13/2012, 03:23 PM
keeping track of all this seems like it would cost a lot of money. i can't imagine a way to enforce this.

If they made it easier to follow the law, more people might be tempted to try.

Like, when people started paying to download music via iTunes rather than downloading music for free via Napster/Kazaa/Morphius/Limewire/etc.

If they had an option on sites to add sales tax to a purchase simply by checking a box or clicking what your state of residence was, I think they'd suddenly get more of this Internet sales tax they apparently feel Oklahoma is entitled to (and other states too).

If you ask taxpayers to calculate 8 percent of what their purchases online were each year, then it gets to be a headache and hassle and NO

Lott's Bandana
3/13/2012, 03:57 PM
If they made it easier to follow the law, more people might be tempted to try.

Like, when people started paying to download music via iTunes rather than downloading music for free via Napster/Kazaa/Morphius/Limewire/etc.

If they had an option on sites to add sales tax to a purchase simply by checking a box or clicking what your state of residence was, I think they'd suddenly get more of this Internet sales tax they apparently feel Oklahoma is entitled to (and other states too).

If you ask taxpayers to calculate 8 percent of what their purchases online were each year, then it gets to be a headache and hassle and NO

That's not a bad idea. There would be some revenue boost from people that want to comply, without hamstringing the innerwebs commerce.

badger
3/13/2012, 05:02 PM
That's not a bad idea. There would be some revenue boost from people that want to comply, without hamstringing the innerwebs commerce.

I am not saying it would work 100 percent, but tax amnesty programs have, in the past, gotten some tax cheats off of their cheating ways.

And, of course, some people still downloaded their music for free online, but others started paying 99 cents per song on iTunes.

It might be worth a shot... but how do you get Internet merchants to offer that option?

Lott's Bandana
3/13/2012, 05:14 PM
Threaten them with legislation?

AlboSooner
3/13/2012, 10:02 PM
Say no to taxation.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 07:37 AM
Say no to taxation.

This tax is already in place. It's just for voluntary compliance and most folks don't report their online purchases. The suggestion here isn't to raise taxes. It's to dispense with tax fraud.

Taxes have to exist for our social order to exist. If you don't agree, go check out South Sudan.

cleller
3/14/2012, 09:20 AM
Taxes have to exist for our social order to exist. If you don't agree, go check out South Sudan.

Oh, is that where our tax money is going? Nyuk, nyuk.

pphilfran
3/14/2012, 09:30 AM
This tax is already in place. It's just for voluntary compliance and most folks don't report their online purchases. The suggestion here isn't to raise taxes. It's to dispense with tax fraud.

If you happen to be in the local that the warehouse is based in you probably make out like a fat cat...while every other local and 49 other states are getting a screwing...

AlboSooner
3/14/2012, 09:07 PM

Midtowner,

you will have to learn the ability not to go nuts with your assumptions on every little debate, and every little message board post.

For example, you suggested I look at South Sudan because you thought my post was against taxation as an idea. First of all, the poverty in South Sudan is because of historical elements, that would take too long to study, so just saying "S. Sudan is bad because they don't tax people" shows a complete lack of depth.

Second of all, my post simply objected the idea of taxing online purchases. It's one thing to tax in order to build roads, and another to tax just to take people's money. The state of Oklahoma doesn't provide me with anything in the virtual world. The state doesn't maintain the internet, and I already pay taxes for anything physical that takes place in the state.

The state does NOTHING, do aid me to shop online. Why should it tax me? In the other thread you asked me to define "the left." Let me add to that definition that people on the left generally see taxation as good, and the solution of everything.

I expect a state that calls itself conservative to reject more taxation on the people.

Ps: Less hyperbole, more substance.

Midtowner
3/14/2012, 09:55 PM
The state does NOTHING, do aid me to shop online. Why should it tax me? In the other thread you asked me to define "the left." Let me add to that definition that people on the left generally see taxation as good, and the solution of everything.

They provide your internet provider right of ways to be able to deliver services to your home. So you'd be wrong there. And taxation has nothing to do with "what do I get out of it," that's just a selfish and short-sighted view of things. Obviously you are going to pay in more than they pay you. That's how governments are able to provide services for the common good.

And I brought up South Sudan because without taxation, the state cannot provide for infrastructure, education and peace. If you want none of those things, South Sudan is a wonderful libertarian paradise. If you like those things, pay your taxes.

And we're way past should the tax exist. The tax has existed for years. It's just that most folks cheat on their taxes. So are you for or against tax fraud?

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:03 PM
They provide your internet provider right of ways to be able to deliver services to your home. So you'd be wrong there. And taxation has nothing to do with "what do I get out of it," that's just a selfish and short-sighted view of things. Obviously you are going to pay in more than they pay you. That's how governments are able to provide services for the common good.

And I brought up South Sudan because without taxation, the state cannot provide for infrastructure, education and peace. If you want none of those things, South Sudan is a wonderful libertarian paradise. If you like those things, pay your taxes.

And we're way past should the tax exist. The tax has existed for years. It's just that most folks cheat on their taxes. So are you for or against tax fraud?

More BS from the Master

The "State" does NOTHING to Help My Satellite provider get me a signal.

yermom
3/14/2012, 10:09 PM
i'm not exactly chomping at the bit to pay more taxes, but by buying things online, you take money out of the state economy

it's like the Mexicans sending money to Mexico

and maybe what Midtowner should have said was: "look how well a small government works in South Sudan" ;)

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:13 PM
i'm not exactly chomping at the bit to pay more taxes, but by buying things online, you take money out of the state economy

and maybe what Midtowner should have said was: "look how well a small government works in South Sudan" ;)

Hey Bro
Should some one who lives in Eastern Ok, Have to come back and pay sales tax on stuff they bought in Ft. Smith on Tax amnesty day there?

AlboSooner
3/14/2012, 10:35 PM
They provide your internet provider right of ways to be able to deliver services to your home. So you'd be wrong there.

I already pay taxes to the state for its part on provision of the internet feed into my house. The state however does NOTHING, to aid me in the virtual world. I don't know how you don't see this. The government should spend wisely, and efficiently, rather than take my hard earned money to cover its mistakes.

The rest of your post was just trying to save face.

AlboSooner
3/14/2012, 10:42 PM

Once again, let's not muddy the waters with complicated issues like South Sudan. In a capitalistic economy you compete in the free market, and you don't force people to buy where you want. Especially in a conservative state this should be simple to digest and abide by. The state can't force me to put money into the local economy. I have the right to buy where it is cheaper, and where I want to.

The state should not pull taxes out of its behind, and enforce it on people. I already pay the state taxes on my internet bill. The state on the other hand, does nothing in the virtual world.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 07:03 AM
More BS from the Master

Who do you think keeps other folks off of your bandwidth?

Did your satellite provider launch their satellite themselves? Did they make sure it was in an orbit which wasn't already occupied?

If someone defrauds you over the internet, who do you contact?

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 07:06 AM
Once again, let's not muddy the waters with complicated issues like South Sudan. In a capitalistic economy you compete in the free market, and you don't force people to buy where you want. Especially in a conservative state this should be simple to digest and abide by. The state can't force me to put money into the local economy. I have the right to buy where it is cheaper, and where I want to.

No, you don't have the right to buy where you want to. Cuban cigars, for example. You do have the right to travel, but if you're buying from your living room, the law says you have to pay local sales tax. If you choose not to, that's tax fraud if you fail to disclose it and pay taxes on it.

And we don't live in a pure capitalistic economy. Haven't since the Gilded Age.

This "right to buy cheaper," where is that in the Oklahoma or U.S. Constitutions? Somewhere towards the back?

The state should not pull taxes out of its behind, and enforce it on people. I already pay the state taxes on my internet bill. The state on the other hand, does nothing in the virtual world.[/QUOTE]

pphilfran
3/15/2012, 01:37 PM
More BS from the Master

Without trillions of NASA spending over many decades there would not be a Boeing BSS-702 satellite broadcasting the signal we all love....

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 02:10 PM
Who do you think keeps other folks off of your bandwidth?

Did your satellite provider launch their satellite themselves? Did they make sure it was in an orbit which wasn't already occupied?

If someone defrauds you over the internet, who do you contact?

Without trillions of NASA spending over many decades there would not be a Boeing BSS-702 satellite broadcasting the signal we all love....

And the State of Oklahoma paid for that, right?

You guys are lumpin ALL taxes in this discussion about On-line SALES tax .

pphilfran
3/15/2012, 02:21 PM

My bad....

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 02:45 PM

Well, the state of Oklahoma provided the utility easements which deliver electricity to your home. Your internet works ****-poor without electricity. Oklahoma also paves the roads to your home and provides public education for kids in your area.

We're talking about a tax which already exists. The fact that you're not paying it is just that you're committing tax fraud by refusing to disclose your online purchases to the state.

If you get audited by the OTC, it's likely to ruin your day.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 02:50 PM
Well, the state of Oklahoma provided the utility easements which deliver electricity to your home. Your internet works ****-poor without electricity. Oklahoma also paves the roads to your home and provides public education for kids in your area.

We're talking about a tax which already exists. The fact that you're not paying it is just that you're committing tax fraud by refusing to disclose your online purchases to the state.

If you get audited by the OTC, it's likely to ruin your day.

Actually Myself and several Neighbors provided the easement , Nice try tho,
As far as accusing ME of fraud you have a Lot of Gall. Since you have NO clue as to what I do or Dont do.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 02:58 PM
Actually Myself and several Neighbors provided the easement , Nice try tho,
As far as accusing ME of fraud you have a Lot of Gall. Since you have NO clue as to what I do or Dont do.

Of course you provided the easement. You want electricity. If you wanted electricity but your neighbors didn't want to give the easement, guess who will tell 'em they really don't have much choice in the matter?

As far as accusing you directly, I should have been more clear, it was generic "you."

Thing is though--if you've filled out your state income tax return and not declared your online purchases and paid accordingly, then you [in the generic or real sense] are committing tax fraud.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 03:32 PM
Of course you provided the easement. You want electricity. If you wanted electricity but your neighbors didn't want to give the easement, guess who will tell 'em they really don't have much choice in the matter?

As far as accusing you directly, I should have been more clear, it was generic "you."

Thing is though--if you've filled out your state income tax return and not declared your online purchases and paid accordingly, then you [in the generic or real sense] are committing tax fraud.

I paid the neighbors for the right of way and then Paid to have the Lines installed so Try again their Einstein

I dont buy much on line But Ive never paid a dime in sales tax on any of what I have bought. So you are saying Im committing Tax fraud . Again with out knowing a ****ing thing about what YOU are talking about Nor MY situation.
Again you paint yourself into a corner :playful:

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 03:38 PM
I dont buy much on line But Ive never paid a dime in sales tax on any of what I have bought. So you are saying Im committing Tax fraud . Again with out knowing a ****ing thing about what YOU are talking about Nor MY situation.
Again you paint yourself into a corner :playful:

You just admitted to committing tax fraud.

You said you bought stuff online.

You said "Ive never paid a dime in sales tax on any of what I have bought [sic]."

Did you disclose that on your state income tax and pay for the sales tax? If not, fraud.

pphilfran
3/15/2012, 03:39 PM
I bought enough on line to be up near felony status.....

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 03:40 PM
You just admitted to committing tax fraud.

And again you keep paintin, I love to watch you work..
You must be one hell of an attorney, Assuming Facts NOT in evidence.:congratulatory:

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 03:42 PM
I bought enough on line to be up near felony status.....

Yeah, but you'd probably have no problem paying if it was convenient either. Making folks keep track of their own purchases to self-assess sales tax is just a dumb policy. I'd like to see a 50-state compact or a federal law for the collection of sales tax on internet purchases. For small companies, perhaps companies like PayPal or some other startups could assist in the assessment and payment of taxes to the relevant state agencies.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 03:42 PM
And again you keep paintin, I love to watch you work..
You must be one hell of an attorney, Assuming Facts NOT in evidence.:congratulatory:

Goin' off your own admissions bubba.

If you can't even tell that you've admitted the crime, you should probably make sure you never talk to the police without a lawyer present.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 03:44 PM
Goin' off your own admissions bubba.

Is your Lip sore yet? This is TWICE Ive led you around, Maybe Froze will come in and delete these posts also.:barbershop_quartet_

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 03:46 PM
Is your Lip sore yet? This is TWICE Ive led you around, Maybe Froze will come in and delete these posts also.:barbershop_quartet_

Okay, so you lied and now you've led me around? Wow! You lied on the internet. Betcha have a facebook page where you're a teenage girl too.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 03:51 PM
Okay, so you lied and now you've led me around? Wow! You lied on the internet. Betcha have a facebook page where you're a teenage girl too.

You just get Better an Better, Keep up with the name calling, So far you have labled me a Racist Bigot( Again with out knowing a dayum thing about me . Then you Call me a Tax Fraud. Now Im a Liar..
You are fun to play with but you do tend to get a bit boring after awhile.

Now sir, Just WHAT did I lie about here?

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 03:59 PM
You just get Better an Better, Keep up with the name calling, So far you have labled me a Racist Bigot( Again with out knowing a dayum thing about me . Then you Call me a Tax Fraud. Now Im a Liar..
You are fun to play with but you do tend to get a bit boring after awhile.

Now sir, Just WHAT did I lie about here?

Well, either you lied about buying stuff online and not paying taxes, i.e., committing tax fraud, or you are a tax fraud.

Which is it?

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 04:01 PM
Well, either you lied about buying stuff online and not paying taxes, i.e., committing tax fraud, or you are a tax fraud.

Which is it?

There you go again, Assuming Facts NOT in evidence :adoration:
I actively avoid paying ANY sales tax on any purchase anywhere. Yet I dont break ANY Law

You figure it out there Einstein

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 04:07 PM
There you go again, Assuming Facts NOT in evidence :adoration:
I actively avoid paying ANY sales tax on any purchase anywhere. Yet I dont break ANY Law

You figure it out there Einstein

You still don't get it, do ya bubba?

You said this:

I dont buy much on line But Ive never paid a dime in sales tax on any of what I have bought.

Hence, you are a tax cheat (or a liar). Case closed. Admissions against interest are admissible as evidence. Since you're such a fan of courtroom analogies, if you were in Court, you'd have just admitted guilt on the stand. Hope ya look good in orange.

It is illegal in Oklahoma not to voluntarily disclose and voluntarily pay taxes on your online purchases. That's what this thread is about. Congratulations on not understanding a single thing we've discussed in a 3-page thread. You are awarded no points.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 04:08 PM
You still don't get it, do ya bubba?

You said this:

Hence, you are a tax cheat. Case closed. Admissions against interest are admissible as evidence. Since you're such a fan of courtroom analogies, if you were in Court, you'd have just admitted guilt on the stand. Hope ya look good in orange.

No sir, I have found a Legal Way to avoid paying any sales tax.

So If we were in a court room you would have been handed yer ***.

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 04:09 PM
No sir, I have found a Legal Way to avoid paying any sales tax.

So If we were in a court room you would have been handed yer ***.

And what is that which makes you uniquely exempt from the tax code?

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 04:10 PM
And what is that which makes you uniquely exempt from the tax code?
Hell if I told every one then they would want to do it.

Oh and Im not Unique, I know of others who do this

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 04:12 PM
Hell if I told every one then they would want to do it.

LOL you can't be serious.

Hey folks, olevet has a magic secret exemption to the Oklahoma tax code. If we all knew about it, the state would go under.

Thanks for protecting our state from financial ruin.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 04:13 PM
LOL you can't be serious.

Hey folks, olevet has a magic secret exemption to the Oklahoma tax code. If we all knew about it, the state would go under.

Thanks for protecting our state from financial ruin.

You need to put yer shovel back in the shed, That hole of yers just keeps gettin deeper.:unconscious:

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 04:22 PM
You need to put yer shovel back in the shed, That hole of yers just keeps gettin deeper.:unconscious:

Nah. You're full of ****. Go on and explain. Are you a community health center or a coal producer?

The exemptions start on pg. 43 here:

http://www.tax.ok.gov/rules/rule6510.pdf

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 04:25 PM
Nah. You're full of ****. Go on and explain. Are you a community health center or a coal producer?

The exemptions start on pg. 43 here:

http://www.tax.ok.gov/rules/rule6510.pdf

I aint readin yer crap.

I dont need to explain myself to you.

I bought a 12 pack of beer last night , Dint pay a dime in sales tax .

Its Kinda like if ya own a farm or Ranch and ya go to Atwood, Ya can buy stuff sales tax exempt .

Turd_Ferguson
3/15/2012, 05:15 PM
I aint readin yer crap.

I dont need to explain myself to you.

I bought a 12 pack of beer last night , Dint pay a dime in sales tax .

Its Kinda like if ya own a farm or Ranch and ya go to Atwood, Ya can buy stuff sales tax exempt .Vet, you're leading this wet behind the ear's numnuts around like a baby calf with a ring in its nose...shame on ya:D

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 05:56 PM
Vet, you're leading this wet behind the ear's numnuts around like a baby calf with a ring in its nose...shame on ya:D

He makes it so easy :adoration:

OU_Sooners75
3/15/2012, 06:39 PM
expiring federal education funds (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=19&articleid=20120313_19_A1_CUTLIN774234)[/B] or to fund a state income tax cut, Oklahoma needs revenue. This could have been an additional revenue source.

Thoughts?

I remember voting for a bill that would make the Lottery available in Oklahoma. It passed.

In that bill, it said that the lottery revenue would go to schools and highways....

That said, where is it really going?

Midtowner
3/15/2012, 07:16 PM
I remember voting for a bill that would make the Lottery available in Oklahoma. It passed.

In that bill, it said that the lottery revenue would go to schools and highways....

That said, where is it really going?

The bill also said that the money would be earmarked for education and that the legislature couldn't decrease funds to schools to offset the income. The legislature just cut the budget without regard to the lottery.

Still, the lottery is a stupid tax, that is to say, a tax on stupid. I'm for it.

OU_Sooners75
3/17/2012, 08:03 PM
Still, the lottery is a stupid tax, that is to say, a tax on stupid. I'm for it.

So, you play (or tax yourself) on a daily basis?