PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to see the Lady Sooners vs. Michigan?

SoonerInFortSmith
3/13/2012, 12:58 AM
We were planning on spending the weekend in the OKC area anyway. I think I may go to the game. Haven't actually been in Norman in a while. Any advice?

badger
3/13/2012, 08:32 AM
We were planning on spending the weekend in the OKC area anyway. I think I may go to the game. Haven't actually been in Norman in a while. Any advice?

Please let me live vicariously through you, as I've wanted to go to any Sooner basketball games all season but have been health-wise unable to :(

If it is like previous womens tourney games we hosted, realize that they are operating a 'neutral' site, not a home site. It will be chock full of Sooner fans, but they will likely not have the red flaming pyro for the player intros, nor the awesome intro videos and chant cues on SoonerVision. They will pretend like they have nothing to do with OU (even as OU is plastered all over center court) and are just a random arena hosting a tournament game.

That's the biggest shock to the system, I guess. The rest? Just have fun and cheer loud. There's usually pretty good crowds for these games :)

PalmBeachSooner
3/13/2012, 12:53 PM
Hopefully Sherri will wear something really tight and really short.

Chuck Bao
3/13/2012, 12:57 PM
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE SOONERS GET THEIR FIRST 2 NCAA TOURNEY GAMES IN NORMAN.
My family has 4 tix and will be there. My bro is convinced that we'll win the first two games against #11 seeded Michigan and #3 seeded St. Johns and go on to play at the West regional finals at Fresno. I so want to pay for my mom and her friend's airfare there to support our team.

badger
3/13/2012, 01:08 PM
A word of warning --- a home game is not necessarily a sure-win, even against a lower seeded team.

We got to host ourselves back in 2003, the year after we did the Final Four thing and all. We had a nice crowd there. Alas, George Washington beat us in the first round :(

I also am saddened to remember when we were all set to head home and host ourselves for the Elite Eight and Sweet 16, only to fall to Satan-ford in the second round in 2004. I witnessed that too :mad:

PalmBeachSooner
3/13/2012, 01:59 PM
The Fresno regional is interesting. I can't say that I am overly impressed with Duke or Stanford. Stanford's one loss was to Baylor. Other than that they have beaten up on a very weak Pac-93 conference. It wouldn't surprise me if Vandy upset Duke.

Stanford has to travel to Norfolk, VA for their 1st round games. I think WVU has a great chance at an upset here, assuming they beat Texas. They have a lot of speed and played in tough conference.

Duke and/or Stanford losing doesn't make it any easier for OU wimmens. Vandy and WVU will be tough games for them should they meet. I think OU has a good chance to make it to the sweet 16 and an outside chance at the elite - 8. We'll see how much the tough OOC helps them.

I do know this. At some point in the tournament OU is going to get their arses handed to them on a silver platter. Here's hoping it is later than sooner.

Chuck Bao
3/13/2012, 02:33 PM
Dude, Baylor hasn't played Stanford so far this year. Stanford's only loss was to UCONN at Hartford. The rest of the top seeds basically all played each other with far stronger RPIs but that isn't to say that Stanford isn't dang good and couldn't win it all.

badger
3/13/2012, 03:13 PM
Dude, Baylor hasn't played Stanford so far this year. Stanford's only loss was to UCONN at Hartford. The rest of the top seeds basically all played each other with far stronger RPIs but that isn't to say that Stanford isn't dang good and couldn't win it all.

I guess I'm not a Big 12 loyalist but eff Baylor I don't care who wins as long as it's not them. Preferably OU :D

Chuck Bao
3/13/2012, 03:17 PM
I guess I'm not a Big 12 loyalist but eff Baylor I don't care who wins as long as it's not them. Preferably OU :D

You wanna bet an avatar on that?

badger
3/13/2012, 03:46 PM
You wanna bet an avatar on that?

Not really. I consider my current avatar and message above it to be an important public service message regarding the health and well being of our posters. :P

Chuck Bao
3/13/2012, 04:03 PM
Not really. I consider my current avatar and message above it to be an important public service message regarding the health and well being of our posters. :P

Okay. Let it be noted that I offered, again.

PalmBeachSooner
3/16/2012, 01:59 PM

I must have them confused with someone else, but my point is that even though they only have one loss Stanford has played a very easy schedule.

Chuck Bao
3/16/2012, 05:04 PM
I called my mom (Friday morning your time) and she has 6 tix to the first two rounds. She plans on going with my sis, so there is 4 extra tix in case someone wants to sit with them. She can leave them at will call by half-time of the first match before the OU-Michigan game.