PDA

View Full Version : OSU's athletic village: No longer invisible

badger
3/12/2012, 10:13 AM
I thought the headline "OSU's Athletic Village finally under construction" was either outdated or a joke at first, but lo and behold, in Sunday's edition, this:

Link (http://newsok.com/osus-athletic-village-finally-under-construction/article/3656439)

After years of frustration, delays and financial woes, construction of Oklahoma State University's Athletic Village finally is under way.

The kicker:

Work has begun on OSU's Sherman Smith Training Center, an indoor practice facility that makes up a large piece of the village. OSU Athletic Director Mike Holder said he expects the center will be completed by January.

January. After all the eminent domaining, all of the "team on the rise" and all of the Boone Pickens hedge fund ups ($400 million) and downs (lost nearly everything before T. Bone Pick gave another donation to it), they are going to have wait nearly another year before they can finally practice indoors like a real college football team.

:stunned: Better hope there's no crazy Oklahoma weather pre-bowl... or perhaps they won't make one this year.

SOFSooner
3/12/2012, 11:06 AM
But it doesn't specify January of what year it will be finished (LOL).

badger
3/12/2012, 12:06 PM
But it doesn't specify January of what year it will be finished (LOL).

Very true. :)

picasso
3/12/2012, 01:03 PM
So, no longer will they be at Ponca High?

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the "T. Boone Pickens Who's Your Daddy?" OSU Athletic Village.

LVSOONER15
3/12/2012, 04:24 PM
Meh. I hope they lose every game from here on out.

badger
3/12/2012, 04:37 PM
Now, I'm not saying they're not getting healthy upgrades to their program. If we have to coddle widdle brudder program at least widdle brudder program isn't being totally helpless and dependent on us.

Instead, they're being totally helpless and dependent on a Texas oil baron! :stunned:

I keed, I keed. Congrats to OSU on the following improvements to their recent football and basketball facilities:

1- Orange bubbly walls in the basketball hangout areas.

2- OSU logos on weight equipment, including the weights!

3- Replay screens on GIA's exterior that are fairly small, but look larger if you sit closer to them!

4- Giving your womens basketball team new lockers to finally replace the old crappy football lockers!

5- Having a football stadium capacity that is ALMOST equal to Texas Tech's!

Seriously, no sarcasm. Ok, quite a bit of sarcasm. OK, OK! it's ALL sarcasm! I can't believe how shoddy your facilities used to be! They shoulda Title IX'd your arses for making your womens bball team put up with crap for so long. Your football stadium probably still sucks, but at least it sucks less.

SoonerDood
3/12/2012, 04:59 PM
"And just a shade under a decade, too. All riiiiiiiiiiight..."

TheHumanAlphabet
3/12/2012, 07:57 PM
I wonder if it will have a brick facade??

stoopified
3/12/2012, 08:54 PM
So, no longer will they be at Ponca High?That is Po-Hi to you mister. :)

LASooner
3/12/2012, 09:43 PM
Better hope there's no crazy Oklahoma weather pre-bowl... or perhaps they won't make one this year.

They will just continue to use their inflatable personal practice devices

http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00GedQZWIabuoy/Zorb-Ball.jpg

StoopTroup
3/13/2012, 01:09 AM
If I was a POke Alum I would put in a Hartley Dykes Car Wash that caters to Players who own their own Mercedes Benz.

LASooner
3/13/2012, 02:58 AM
Oopsie.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7678962/oklahoma-state-cowboys-lose-bid-regain-33m-fundraiser

(http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7678962/oklahoma-state-cowboys-lose-bid-regain-33m-fundraiser)

texaspokieokie
3/13/2012, 07:11 AM
Pickens is an Okie.

badger
3/13/2012, 08:19 AM
Oopsie.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7678962/oklahoma-state-cowboys-lose-bid-regain-33m-fundraiser

(http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7678962/oklahoma-state-cowboys-lose-bid-regain-33m-fundraiser)

OSU: We have this great idea, boosters! Take out a life insurance policy on us and when you die, you donate millions to OSU!

Boosters: Um, ok.

(waiting... waiting)

OSU: Sooo...

Booster: I'm not dead yet.

OSU: Well, eff waiting! Let's get our premiums back.

Insurance company: No.

Judge: No.

OSU: Furk.

badger
3/13/2012, 08:24 AM
Pickens is an Okie.

I'd rather not claim him. Even if he was born here, he lives in Texas for tax (and water rights buying) purposes, and his current wife is a UT alum.

texaspokieokie
3/13/2012, 09:35 AM
He's still an okie, whether you claim him or not. Besides, you're not an okie.

PrideMom
3/13/2012, 10:18 AM
In the 1980's Boone Pickens made his money by being a corporate raider. He just bought and sold, did not create jobs, but certainly ruined a lot of families and small companies......

texaspokieokie
3/13/2012, 10:32 AM
he's still an okie, if that is what he wants.

badger
3/13/2012, 10:34 AM
He's still an okie, whether you claim him or not. Besides, you're not an okie.

badger born badger bred, yup :)

But at least I work and live in this state right now. I'm an Oklahoman by choice! :)

You all need to check out LA Sooner's link if you haven't already. $33 million is an incredibly expensive mistake to make and OSU managed to pull it off in two years... and of course, this athletic village's hedge funding was like a $275 million mistake, so OSU is just in the business of losing money in down economies, aren't they?

($400 million was the rumored high point of the Pickens hedge fund money, which OSU begged to remove and spend, but Pickens/Holder declined. The markets reportedly sunk that amount down to $125 million. 400-125=$275 mil lost)

texaspokieokie
3/13/2012, 11:20 AM
you don't have to live in OK to be an "Okie by choice". I left there in sept 1963 & still consider myself to be an Okie.

OSU is still there & doing OK.

texaspokieokie
3/13/2012, 12:07 PM
I'd rather not claim him. Even if he was born here, he lives in Texas for tax (and water rights buying) purposes, and his current wife is a UT alum.Don't see where (not that it matters) his wife is ut alum.

badger
3/13/2012, 12:47 PM
Don't see where (not that it matters) his wife is ut alum.

OK, it really doesn't matter, eff Boone, eff his horsie loving wife, eff his texas ranch, his water rights, and his plan to use giant wind gusts to provide energy [hairGel]

The bigger issue here is how terribly money is apparently managed at OSU that it's taken this long for such an important project (to them) to get off the ground, and how continued mismanagement of money has resulted in the loss of millions.

If you're considering donating to OSU, this has to give you pause. If they're squandering millions, then maybe you should keep your thousands/hundreds.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/13/2012, 01:41 PM
Heh. From LAS's article, more validation of who calls the shots in stoolwater.

Attorneys produced a paper trail from Holder's emails with him writing once that if it wasn't done soon as Pickens wanted, "I will be in a cave with Bin Laden."

PalmBeachSooner
3/13/2012, 02:05 PM
badger born badger bred, yup :)

But at least I work and live in this state right now. I'm an Oklahoman by choice! :)

You all need to check out LA Sooner's link if you haven't already. $33 million is an incredibly expensive mistake to make and OSU managed to pull it off in two years... and of course, this athletic village's hedge funding was like a $275 million mistake, so OSU is just in the business of losing money in down economies, aren't they?

($400 million was the rumored high point of the Pickens hedge fund money, which OSU begged to remove and spend, but Pickens/Holder declined. The markets reportedly sunk that amount down to $125 million. 400-125=$275 mil lost)

What the hell is the deal with all of this math? It's making my noodle hurt.

badger
3/13/2012, 02:16 PM
What the hell is the deal with all of this math? It's making my noodle hurt.

in a nutshell, the pokes lost MILLIONS.

Football related, because even if they win the next million football games against us, we will still lead the overall series. :stunned:

BBQ Man
3/13/2012, 04:17 PM
I'm getting to the point where simply reading or hearing "T Boone" is sending me into convulsions. :)