PDA

View Full Version : What seed with the OU women receive?

badger
3/12/2012, 09:11 AM
Selection Monday (not to be confused with Selection Sunday) is when the womens tourney bracket gets revealed. What seed with the women receive when the inevitable get an at-large bid?

You have till 5 p.m. tonight to vBet!

nighttrain12
3/12/2012, 11:30 AM
I don't know much about women's basketball but why is everyone picking OU as a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed? They didn't get 1 single vote in the last Top 25 which makes me think their strength of schedule is not very good.

badger
3/12/2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know much about women's basketball but why is everyone picking OU as a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed? They didn't get 1 single vote in the last Top 25 which makes me think their strength of schedule is not very good.

I really think that OU is on one side or the other of an 8 or 9 seed, but not sure which.

In our only recent Sherri down-year, we were an 8-seed in 2005. We went out in the first round :(

So, there are a few factors that could lead us to a 8 (or higher) seed, including being second in the Big 12 regular season (tied, actually), having some quality top 25 wins (including over Texas A&M, which came somewhat close to beating undefeated Baylor) and reputation (Sherri = well respected, as is the OU program).

There are also the factors you mentioned, such as not being in the final top 25 poll, not having a lot of quality wins, etc. that could lead OU to a 9-or-lower seed.

About the only given is that we're going. No way they leave the second-best (tied) Big 12 team outta the tourney.