PDA

View Full Version : Fairness Doctrine is childsplay. Let's just kneecap 'em

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/11/2012, 07:26 PM
Remember the Fairness Doctrine? The Left is feeling their power, and going for the jugular, now:
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/limbaugh-fonda-steinem-fcc/2012/03/11/id/432107?s=al&promo_code=E64C-1

dwarthog
3/11/2012, 07:34 PM
Link isn't working.

3/11/2012, 07:46 PM
Link isn't working.I changed it in post #1. Try it again. The new one worked for me.

cleller
3/11/2012, 08:25 PM
I guess if they were aiding the North Vietnamese anti-aircraft batteries or helping people to wrongly accuse others of hate crimes (Al Sharpton) it would be just fine.

I don't agree with a lot of Rush's methods. The fact is, if Rush suddenly changed his format to promote satan worship, sex with primates, or buying machetes for muslims, none of these people would utter a word.

diverdog
3/11/2012, 08:49 PM
Rush made his bed now he has to lie in it.

SCOUT
3/11/2012, 08:58 PM
Rush made a couple of comments, deal with it.

3/11/2012, 09:00 PM
I guess if they were aiding the North Vietnamese anti-aircraft batteries or helping people to wrongly accuse others of hate crimes (Al Sharpton) it would be just fine.

I don't agree with a lot of Rush's methods. The fact is, if Rush suddenly changed his format to promote satan worship, sex with primates, or buying machetes for muslims, none of these people would utter a word.NO SHIITE, amigo!

3/11/2012, 09:01 PM
Rush made a couple of comments, deal with it.They're pulling out all stops to keep the d's in control of the country.

Turd_Ferguson
3/11/2012, 09:01 PM
Rush made his bed now he has to lie in it.and you and your ilk act like he's ramming his **** down your throat...

diverdog
3/11/2012, 09:59 PM
and you and your ilk act like he's ramming his **** down your throat...

Why do you have to be such a dipsh*t all the time?

No one held a gun to Rush's head and made him call the young woman a slut. We have freedom of speech but it is not without consequences. Rush is paying the price for his comments just like a lot of talk show host have in the past. And for the record I could care less if Rush is on the radio or not.

jkjsooner
3/11/2012, 10:37 PM
Gotta say, when I saw a headline about this my first thought was how unfortunate it is for the Democrats. I don't think many of them want Fonda jumping on this issue. That just takes attention away from how Limbaugh made an arse of himself and to how Fonda made an arse out of herself.

3/11/2012, 10:52 PM
Gotta say, when I saw a headline about this my first thought was how unfortunate it is for the Democrats. I don't think many of them want Fonda jumping on this issue. That just takes attention away from how Limbaugh made an arse of himself and to how Fonda made an arse out of herself.Fonda, Steinem and Allred. Whatta lineup!

Turd_Ferguson
3/11/2012, 11:30 PM

No one held a gun to Rush's head and made him call the young woman a slut. We have freedom of speech but it is not without consequences. Rush is paying the price for his comments just like a lot of talk show host have in the past. And for the record I could care less if Rush is on the radio or not.and for the record, I could care less if he is on the radio or not...however, he called it just like he seen it. He blew the dem dog-n-pony show out of the water and now all the libs/lib media are all up in arms...****'m...don't try to blow smoke up peoples *** and then bitch when you get called out over it...

olevetonahill
3/11/2012, 11:38 PM
Hanoi jane = Perfect reason the despise all the Lib Dems.

Notice I dint Say All Dems, Just the ignorant Libs .

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 12:39 AM
Hmm.. A for-profit radio company is protecting its profits?

--some of y'all worship at the altar of free markets until they don't agree with you. Rush doesn't have the right to be employed in a syndicated radio program, he earns that right. When he develops a sever case of diarrhea of the mouth, he's going to get to suffer the consequences.

And as far as Steinem, et al, I mean is anyone really surprised? Of course the liberal talking heads will be on the attack. Premiere doesn't care what Sharpton has to say. It cares about advertisers. And advertisers don't care about what Jesse Jackson has to say,they care that the consumers find one of their products so vile that being associated with Limbaugh hurts their bottom line rather than helping it, or at least that there are better advertising opportunities out there.

3/12/2012, 01:12 AM
...Premiere doesn't care what Sharpton has to say. It cares about advertisers. And advertisers don't care about what Jesse Jackson has to say,they care that the consumers find one of their products so vile that being associated with Limbaugh hurts their bottom line rather than helping it, or at least that there are better advertising opportunities out there.What do you suppose the Left's attack machine is telling those advertisers on Limbaugh's show?

yermom
3/12/2012, 01:29 AM
Maybe you should check out the anti-Rush campaign going on at reddit right now. That would be a lively debate

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 07:06 AM
What do you suppose the Left's attack machine is telling those advertisers on Limbaugh's show?

They really don't have to do anything but replay Limbaugh's own words. I mean hey.. at least the left is attacking with something which actually happened rather than the righty birther nonsense or somesuch.

OhU1
3/12/2012, 08:39 AM
Don Imus got run off for a lot less, the "nappy headed hoes" comment. (which I thought was hilarious).

We get a lot of trumped up indignant self righteous hurt feelings whenever someone's political toe gets stepped on. Nobody is actually upset by any of these "hurtful" comments. If they are, so what? Boycott his show and let the market decide. I suspect Rush will do just fine. There are plenty of people that need to be told what to think.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 09:28 AM
Boycott his show and let the market decide.

That's not the only way this works. Limbaugh can still have the #1 show in terms of ratings and be cancelled so long as advertisers believe that being associated with Limbaugh does them more harm than good. And the left is attacking a huge weakness of the Republican Party. The Republicans have numerous talk show hosts which are unofficial and uncontrollable spokesmen for the Party. Hannity is great for the Party as he sticks to talking points like no one else. Limbaugh's ego is just so massive that he goes way way off the reservation from time to time.

This time, it's going to probably cost him quite a bit.

TUSooner
3/12/2012, 10:04 AM

pphilfran
3/12/2012, 10:59 AM
You make your bed and then you have to sleep in it...

Rush, like most of us (though we don't have such a huge pulpit), will push the boundary as far as we can...

Rush has been tip toeing across the line, getting away with it, and then pushing the line a little further for over a decade..

He has finally pushed to the point that he now looks foolish...actually, beyond foolish...

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 11:04 AM
My favorite part is when Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinem and Robin Morgan compared Rush to Josef Goebbels in their CNN article..

You know you have jumped the shark when you go straight to Nazis...

diverdog
3/12/2012, 12:08 PM
My favorite part is when Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinem and Robin Morgan compared Rush to Josef Goebbels in their CNN article..

You know you have jumped the shark when you go straight to Nazis...

Well he calls them femanazis. I actually think that is pretty funny.

3/12/2012, 12:26 PM

You know you have jumped the shark when you go straight to Nazis...Sandra Fluke complained to Nancy Pelosi that Georgetown U didn't have insurance coverage for birth control expenses, which she said for her and some other female Georgetown law school students, ran to $1000 or $3000(I forget which) per year. Fluke wanted to make it mandatory insurance coverage for contraception, making the University or the taxpayers pay for her sex. Limbaugh called her a slut , getting paid to have sex, and then said if that happens, she should put her sex tapes on youtube, so the public could see what they are getting for their money. I don't find that over the line. It IS, however, HILARIOUS.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 12:30 PM
Sandra Fluke complained to Nancy Pelosi that Georgetown U didn't have insurance coverage for birth control expenses, which she said for her and some other female Georgetown law school students, ran to $1000 or $3000(I forget which) per year. Fluke wanted to make it mandatory insurance coverage for contraception, making the University or the taxpayers pay for her sex. Limbaugh called her a slut , getting paid to have sex, and then said if that happens, she should put her sex tapes on youtube, so the public could see what they are getting for their money. I don't find that over the line. It IS, however, HILARIOUS.

QFP.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the fact that B/C has many uses besides acting to prevent pregnancy. For all you know, Fluke needs it to treat ovarian cysts.

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 12:36 PM
QFP.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the fact that B/C has many uses besides acting to prevent pregnancy. For all you know, Fluke needs it to treat ovarian cysts.

And Georgetown covers such B/C when necessary, she said so in her testimony. Besides, she is a student at Georgetown, not an employee... As far as I know Obamacare doesn't force college to pay for birth control.. Which makes her so called testimony a waste of time.

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 12:42 PM
Well he calls them femanazis. I actually think that is pretty funny.

It is funny because it is meant to be funny. Read the article from Jane and Gloria.. I assure you there is no humor there.. At least intentional humor.

They want The Government to take Rush off the air because they don't like what he says and then they compare HIM to Goebbels....

There is enough irony in that stance to cure anemia for the next decade.

olevetonahill
3/12/2012, 12:46 PM
Hanoi jane is a ****in Commie.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 12:50 PM
Read the article from Jane and Gloria.

You'll find a very small number of folks who go along with Fonda or Steinam on this issue.

I'm just fine with the free market rejecting Limbaugh. It's quite another thing for the government to be used to censor unpopular speech. Fluke has a remedy through the courts if she thinks she's been defamed. If she hasn't been defamed, then what's the issue?

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 12:50 PM
Hanoi jane is a ****in Commie.

Werd.

I cannot abide a traitor. She should have been hanged.

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 01:03 PM
You'll find a very small number of folks who go along with Fonda or Steinam on this issue.

I'm just fine with the free market rejecting Limbaugh. It's quite another thing for the government to be used to censor unpopular speech. Fluke has a remedy through the courts if she thinks she's been defamed. If she hasn't been defamed, then what's the issue?

I doubt the free market rejects Limbaugh.. I am willing to bet in 5 years he will be doing what he has been doing the past however many years and no lawsuit will ever materialize from Fluke.

TVKaleen
3/12/2012, 01:09 PM
Hmm.. she says it so much better than I can..

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/08/critics-of-rush-limbaugh-ignore-bill-maher-matt-taibbi-misogyny.html

Basically, this has nothing to do with Rush attacking a woman and calling her anything.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 01:15 PM
I doubt the free market rejects Limbaugh.. I am willing to bet in 5 years he will be doing what he has been doing the past however many years and no lawsuit will ever materialize from Fluke.

We'll see.

I think you're probably right. That said, eventually this sort of thing is going to cause him to lose a lot of syndicated stations. Maybe not this time or the next time, but eventually.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/12/2012, 03:14 PM
I don't give a flying flip about fat **** or those 2 dykes, but basically whenever people compare just about anybody in modern day America to nazis I just stop reading. Rush Limbaugh may be a fat blowhard but he's not a nazi.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a talking head bitch fest.

3/12/2012, 03:44 PM
Hmm.. A for-profit radio company is protecting its profits?

What does that say about your mindset?

3/12/2012, 03:45 PM
I don't give a flying flip about fat **** or those 2 dykes, but basically whenever people compare just about anybody in modern day America to nazis I just stop reading. Rush Limbaugh may be a fat blowhard but he's not a nazi.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a talking head bitch fest. fat TRUTH blowhard, but otherwise, good post.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 04:05 PM
What does that say about your mindset?

That I understand the motives of the former advertisers apparently better than you do?

diverdog
3/12/2012, 04:58 PM
Here is what everyone is missing. The Dem dog and pony show happens all the time on Capital Hill. The Republicans do it as well as anyone. This was nothing but an obscure testimony by an unknown woman, worthy of a few minutes on the nightly news....if that. Along comes loudmouth Limbaugh who thinks he has the Democrats dead to rights and the he makes a total *** of himself and a political martyr out of Fluke. Had he kept mouth shut the issue would have disappeared. Now Rush has every woman in the world on his *** and that is a bad place to be in. One can almost sympathize with that tub of lard.

soonercoop1
3/12/2012, 05:06 PM

No one held a gun to Rush's head and made him call the young woman a slut. We have freedom of speech but it is not without consequences. Rush is paying the price for his comments just like a lot of talk show host have in the past. And for the record I could care less if Rush is on the radio or not.

Wasn't she? You talk about consequences-shouldn't the girls actions have any? Pushed out there by the liberal machine? Not sure what price Rush is paying for this as the people that like him still like him and those that don't still don't...women included...

3/12/2012, 05:58 PM
That I understand the motives of the former advertisers apparently better than you do?wrong answer, but given your answer, what do you suppose the Leftist attack dogs have been saying to Limbaugh's, Hannity's Levin's etc. advertisers?

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 06:28 PM
wrong answer, but given your answer, what do you suppose the Leftist attack dogs have been saying to Limbaugh's, Hannity's Levin's etc. advertisers?

Who knows? Probably the same thing. Hannity stays pretty well on-point, never gets too far off-script. No one listens to Levin (or etc's) show, so it doesn't really matter. These advertisers are not sheep. They're making the decisions they think are best for their bottom line. If I know to take Hanoi Jane with a big 'ol grain of salt, so do they.

3/12/2012, 07:20 PM
Who knows? Probably the same thing. Hannity stays pretty well on-point, never gets too far off-script. No one listens to Levin (or etc's) show, so it doesn't really matter. These advertisers are not sheep. They're making the decisions they think are best for their bottom line. If I know to take Hanoi Jane with a big 'ol grain of salt, so do they.I'm talking about those Leftist operatives that are calling the advertisers of those shows. What do you suppose they are telling those advertisers?

East Coast Bias
3/12/2012, 07:38 PM
I'm talking about those Leftist operatives that are calling the advertisers of those shows. What do you suppose they are telling those advertisers?

Another left-wing conspiracy, that's the ticket..

3/12/2012, 07:56 PM
Another left-wing conspiracy, that's the ticket..Are you saying nobody's calling those advertisers to scare the bejesus out of them?

diverdog
3/12/2012, 08:30 PM
I'm talking about those Leftist operatives that are calling the advertisers of those shows. What do you suppose they are telling those advertisers?

I am pretty sure most advertisers thought what he said was pretty offensive without being called by anyone.

Also, do you have any proof to back up your assertion?

diverdog
3/12/2012, 08:40 PM
Wow, I just looked at who is advertising on Rush's show right now and it is all government public service announcements. He has lost 98 major ad sponsors.

3/12/2012, 09:07 PM
I am pretty sure most advertisers thought what he said was pretty offensive without being called by anyone.

Also, do you have any proof to back up your assertion?What a crock! you really expect anyone to believe that?

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 09:23 PM

Assuming ad arguendo that "Leftist operatives" (who that would be I have no idea) are calling these advertisers, these advertisers are typically pretty sophisticated businesses who know the difference between politically motivated BS calls and real public sentiment and how it affects their bottom line.

Their bottom line is that being associated with Limbaugh after his comments does more harm for their public image than good. That's their assessment and the advertisers are the folks who stand to make or lose money based on the public persona they project. This might be a ploy to get stations and EIB to come down on their ad rates during the Limbaugh program or it might really be based on the fact that they really think their advertising dollars can be spent places where they will 100% bring in new customers and not sully their image instead of places where there's even a small risk. I'll bet other right wing talk shows are picking up lots of business right now.

Gotta love that free market capitalism!

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 09:24 PM

Assuming ad arguendo that "Leftist operatives" (who that would be I have no idea) are calling these advertisers, these advertisers are typically pretty sophisticated businesses who know the difference between politically motivated BS calls and real public sentiment and how it affects their bottom line.

Their bottom line is that being associated with Limbaugh after his comments does more harm for their public image than good. That's their assessment and the advertisers are the folks who stand to make or lose money based on the public persona they project. This might be a ploy to get stations and EIB to come down on their ad rates during the Limbaugh program or it might really be based on the fact that they really think their advertising dollars can be spent places where they will 100% bring in new customers and not sully their image instead of places where there's even a small risk. I'll bet other right wing talk shows are picking up lots of business right now.

Gotta love that free market capitalism!

diverdog
3/12/2012, 09:40 PM
What a crock! you really expect anyone to believe that?

Yes. Companies have images to maintain and they are not interested in having a talk show host calling a woman a slut because she wants birth control pills as part of her health insurance coverage. I find it absolutely amazing that you think it was perfectly okay for Rush to call her a slut and that he asked that she post her videos on youtube.

And just to cover your sense of false outrage lefty talk show host Ed Shultz called Laura Ingraham a right wing slut and he damn near lost his TV show and Radio show. If you called a woman a slut at work I am pretty sure your company would fire you on the spot. Rush crossed a line that has been drawn in the sand by society and he is paying the price.

The left did not bring this on Rush. His fat mouth caused this problem and no one other than Rush is responsible for his problems. Apparently when it comes to personal accountability Rush wants to take a pass. His giant ego will not allow him to make an appropriate apology so he is going to wallow in his own sh*t. We will see how it works out for him. My guess is he is rich enough that at some point he will say f*** it and quit or buy his own satellite station and get even richer.

soonercruiser
3/12/2012, 10:13 PM
Double-posting Midtowner!
You are sooooo indignant that you are stuttering with your <enter> key!

We will be waiting to see your post of indignantion over Bill Maher's personal attacks on Rick Santorum's children....you know like the vile stuff he said about Palin!
Wonder if Obama will be indignant enough to return the $1 Million that Maher gave Obama's superpac?
Thought so! Both of you...

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/hypocrisy.jpg

sappstuf
3/12/2012, 10:33 PM
They were talking about Rush and his sponsors on NPR the other day.

SIEGEL: Do you have any sense, any gut sense, of whether the abandonment of the show by whatever number of advertisers it may be, is something that's really putting a dent in the fortunes of Rush Limbaugh's enterprise?

HARRISON: I think that he will survive, based upon whether or not listeners abandon him, and there's no sign of that. If anything, certainly this week, his audience is much larger than it was last week because of all the attention he's getting. Plus, his audience likes him.

And then there are many people who listen to him because they just love to hate him. So there's no sign that his audience is eroding. If anything, it might grow, and that is the basis upon which his financial future is determined.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/08/148246566/as-advertisers-flee-is-limbaugh-losing-that-much

Doesn't sound like he thinks Rush will suffer any repercussions from this.

Midtowner
3/12/2012, 10:55 PM
We will be waiting to see your post of indignantion over Bill Maher's personal attacks on Rick Santorum's children....you know like the vile stuff he said about Palin!

You mean that the Santorums were homeschooling them so they could indoctrinate them with religious crap and shield them from things like science and reason? Actually, that's my opinion of a lot of homeschoolers.

Wonder if Obama will be indignant enough to return the $1 Million that Maher gave Obama's superpac?
Thought so! Both of you...

Superpac you say? Come on now. Surely. Those superpacs have nothing to do with the main campaign. How could you possibly hold a candidate responsible for what their superpac does?

3/12/2012, 11:41 PM

Gotta love that free market capitalism!Yeah, it surely is that clean and innocent. haha

It was said in the article if I remember correctly about the targeting of all effective conservative shows, such as Beck and Levin, and others. You don't really have to pretend the effort to kneecap talk radio is so innocent.

Turd_Ferguson
3/13/2012, 12:02 AM
You mean that the Santorums were homeschooling them so they could indoctrinate them with religious crap and shield them from things like science and reason? Actually, that's my opinion of a lot of homeschoolers. I don't think it's any of your ****'n business how he chooses to school his children...

Midtowner
3/13/2012, 12:13 AM
I don't think it's any of your ****'n business how he chooses to school his children...

Sure.. whatever. For every action there are consequences. Not everyone is a perfect snowflake, etc. If you teach your children rigid black and white magical thinking, they will be stunted adults with poor critical thinking skills. Of course, it's his right to harm his children like this.

Midtowner
3/13/2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it surely is that clean and innocent. haha

It was said in the article if I remember correctly about the targeting of all effective conservative shows, such as Beck and Levin, and others. You don't really have to pretend the effort to kneecap talk radio is so innocent.

Oh, you think these ad execs are too stupid to know what's going on here? I'm saying that in spite of what's going on, they want to spend their ad money elsewhere--and you want to bitch about the free market?

Turd_Ferguson
3/13/2012, 12:15 AM
Sure.. whatever. For every action there are consequences. Not everyone is a perfect snowflake, etc. You're a real ****'n Einstein ain't ya?

3/13/2012, 12:26 AM
Oh, you think these ad execs are too stupid to know what's going on here? I'm saying that in spite of what's going on, they want to spend their ad money elsewhere--and you want to bitch about the free market?Who's bitching about capitalism? I' m saying either you aren't very imaginative about what might be going on , or are dismissing that possibility, or likelihood, for some reason.

diverdog
3/13/2012, 06:16 AM
Sure.. whatever. For every action there are consequences. Not everyone is a perfect snowflake, etc. If you teach your children rigid black and white magical thinking, they will be stunted adults with poor critical thinking skills. Of course, it's his right to harm his children like this.

I have seen home schooling work both ways. One of my clients did such a poor job that the state forced the kids into public school. On the other hand one of my dear friends who is very religious and a certified teacher home schooled her children and they got into elite schools....Princeton and Berkley. My wife home schools our oldest in addition to him going to public school. Again she is a certified teacher. She wants both our kids to be a least tri lingual.

pphilfran
3/13/2012, 06:28 AM
Tri lingual? I ain't even mono lingual...

sappstuf
3/13/2012, 08:26 AM
I speak drunk and sober... Does that count?

diverdog
3/13/2012, 09:48 AM
Tri lingual? I ain't even mono lingual...

She is a french teacher....what can I say.

diverdog
3/13/2012, 09:49 AM
I speak drunk and sober... Does that count?

You forgot squid. That is a language all its own. BTW what the hell is a poop deck and a coxswain?

sappstuf
3/13/2012, 11:06 AM
You forgot squid. That is a language all its own. BTW what the hell is a poop deck and a coxswain?

I said drunk... And those words make much more sense when your drunk. ;)

LiveLaughLove
3/13/2012, 11:23 AM
Rush doesn't even have anywhere near 98 advertisers. That's a made up number.

Second, Carbonite doesn't seem to have made a very smart monetary decision. Their stock took a dive right after leaving his show. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/07/carbonite-stock-plummets-after-decision-to-abandon-limbaugh/ (http:// http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/07/carbonite-stock-plummets-after-decision-to-abandon-limbaugh/)

Third, Rush has plenty of advertisers wanting to advertise on his show. Reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated. Sleep Train asked to come back after dropping him, and he told them no. 2 others have also asked and he hasn't decided.

They have the right to drop him. We have the right to drop them. AllState is no longer my home and vehicle insurer. I was going to get carbonite soon, but I've found a better alternative. I love capitalism.

diverdog
3/13/2012, 01:04 PM
Rush doesn't even have anywhere near 98 advertisers. That's a made up number.

Second, Carbonite doesn't seem to have made a very smart monetary decision. Their stock took a dive right after leaving his show. http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/07/carbonite-stock-plummets-after-decision-to-abandon-limbaugh/ (http:// http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/07/carbonite-stock-plummets-after-decision-to-abandon-limbaugh/)

Third, Rush has plenty of advertisers wanting to advertise on his show. Reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated. Sleep Train asked to come back after dropping him, and he told them no. 2 others have also asked and he hasn't decided.

They have the right to drop him. We have the right to drop them. AllState is no longer my home and vehicle insurer. I was going to get carbonite soon, but I've found a better alternative. I love capitalism..

Rush said he has 18000 advertisers. So how is 98 a made up number?

diverdog
3/13/2012, 01:09 PM
I said drunk... And those words make much more sense when your drunk. ;)

So it involves some sort of deviant sexual act?

3/13/2012, 01:12 PM

Rush said he has 18000 advertisers. So how is 98 a made up number?If you don't have ADD, then there might be another problem. (maybe disengenuousness) Shirley you knew that he doesn't have 98 advertisers that pay him directly, and have contracts with EIB show. There are LOTS of advertisers on all the local stations, nationwide. I don't know if he said 18,000 or not, but the number is large.

yermom
3/13/2012, 01:14 PM
http://freakoutnation.com/2012/03/13/rush-almost-stands-alone-140-companies-jump-ship-syndicate-suspends-his-show/

looks like it's hurting more than just him now

is he really just broadcasting minutes of dead air at a time?

LiveLaughLove
3/13/2012, 01:16 PM

Rush said he has 18000 advertisers. So how is 98 a made up number?

I'm dubious as to where you actually "heard" that number.

There may be 18000 local advertisers but they are not Rush advertisers. They are that stations. Rush has a handful of actual advertisers. His tea being one of them.

There isn't enough air time for 98 advertisers on Rush's show.

Still the point is (as you attempt to obfuscate) Rush is more than fine and will continue to make his millions by filling a niche that the public (20 million strong) wants.

Some of those advertisers that dropped him, maybe, maybe not.

sappstuf
3/13/2012, 01:37 PM
So it involves some sort of deviant sexual act?

It is too bad you joined the Air Force because some secrets will never be known to you.. ;)

3/13/2012, 02:01 PM
http://freakoutnation.com/2012/03/13/rush-almost-stands-alone-140-companies-jump-ship-syndicate-suspends-his-show/

is he really just broadcasting minutes of dead air at a time?HSFY and YF.

yermom
3/13/2012, 02:03 PM
i have no idea what that means.

i keep hearing reports of dead air where ads should be, is that true? you know, from someone that actually listens to that show?

3/13/2012, 03:11 PM
i have no idea what that means.

i keep hearing reports of dead air where ads should be, is that true? you know, from someone that actually listens to that show?HSFY and YF is not a personal insult.

Dead air...It's absurd. Listenig to or reading your "news" sources SHOULD make your head hurt.

yermom
3/13/2012, 03:37 PM
i still don't know what HSFY or YF means

TUSooner
3/13/2012, 04:11 PM
****Listenig to or reading your "news" sources SHOULD make your head hurt.

Kill the MSM messenger?! I'm glad you said that. This is precisely what's wrong with the RW ignorance machine: It preaches that you must ignore every voice except your masters' and every voice that does not say what your masters approve of (because they are "liberal" and thus evil). That means you get to automatically reject everything you disagree with. Very convenient.

LiveLaughLove
3/13/2012, 04:28 PM
Kill the MSM messenger?! I'm glad you said that. This is precisely what's wrong with the RW ignorance machine: It preaches that you must ignore every voice except your masters' and every voice that does not say what your masters approve of (because they are "liberal" and thus evil). That means you get to automatically reject everything you disagree with. Very convenient.

Man, that's some kind of hysterical stretch there TU. You seem to really believe that conservatives are incapable of their own thought processes.

We can, just like you. I don't need rush to tell me how biased the msm is. It doesn't take a genius to know people like George stephanopolis are not going to shoot straight on political coverage.

Its easy to watch the difference in how Bush was questioned by the media vs Dear Leader. Doesn't take a rocket scientist or a Rush robot to tell the difference.

3/13/2012, 04:31 PM
Kill the MSM messenger?! I'm glad you said that. This is precisely what's wrong with the RW ignorance machine: It preaches that you must ignore every voice except your masters' and every voice that does not say what your masters approve of (because they are "liberal" and thus evil). That means you get to automatically reject everything you disagree with. Very convenient.If you really believe what you said there, it might be hopeless for you.

yermom
3/13/2012, 04:56 PM
i wish i could read good like you guys

diverdog
3/13/2012, 05:28 PM
Man, that's some kind of hysterical stretch there TU. You seem to really believe that conservatives are incapable of their own thought processes.

We can, just like you. I don't need rush to tell me how biased the msm is. It doesn't take a genius to know people like George stephanopolis are not going to shoot straight on political coverage.

Its easy to watch the difference in how Bush was questioned by the media vs Dear Leader. Doesn't take a rocket scientist or a Rush robot to tell the difference.

Are you talking about the media that is owned by some of the largest corporations in America which includes GE, Fox News and Clear Channel Radio? Do you really think any of those companies actually represent the left?

As to TUSooners point you just proved him right.

LiveLaughLove
3/13/2012, 06:50 PM
GE is very much in Obama's pocket, and the owners don't call the shots on content. For every one even remotely conservative reporter in the msm, I can name ten liberal ones. Reporters as a group voted around 70-80% Democrat. They do every election, its no secret.

As for TUs point, I would say the brain dead mindless following is on the left and people such as yourself. Now where does that get us.

You couldn't fill a thimble with the amount of talk radio I've listened to in the last month. I guess he just mind melds with me, huh.

TUSooner
3/13/2012, 08:19 PM
GE is very much in Obama's pocket, and the owners don't call the shots on content. For every one even remotely conservative reporter in the msm, I can name ten liberal ones. Reporters as a group voted around 70-80% Democrat. They do every election, its no secret.

As for TUs point, I would say the brain dead mindless following is on the left and people such as yourself. Now where does that get us.

You couldn't fill a thimble with the amount of talk radio I've listened to in the last month. I guess he just mind melds with me, huh.

Well, you do sorta prove my point by writing off the "msm" out of hand, as if Democratic journalists cannot tell the truth. Anyway, you seem pretty well cemented in; what's to learn if you know it all already? At least I hope you know better than write off me, or others who criticize the radical right, as mindless followers of the left. I am skeptical of everything in the media, especially those who think they have all the answers, left or right. I'd rather admit not knowing something than be deadly certain of what's not so. Don't be another I AM RUSH's Parrot who thinks everybody who calls BS at the righty radicals must be a leftist. I would love to defend the Republicans, from a conservative point of view, but they have gone off the rails, and what passes for conservatism these days used to be called right wing lunacy -- by conservatives. And the Pubs are cynically stoking the fires of ignorance, so they are pretty indefensible right now. Plus, the radical righties are the biggest, smuggest, got-it-all-figured-out howlers around here, so they are the easiest targets.

Turd_Ferguson
3/13/2012, 08:22 PM
Plus, the radical righties are the biggest, smuggest, got-it-all-figured-out howlers around hereHilarious...absolutely hilarious...

TUSooner
3/13/2012, 08:27 PM
Hilarious...absolutely hilarious...
Come on, man! Outside these boards, sure you've got your usual gang of idiots like Maher and that ilk, but on these boards, Wm F Buckly would be called a pinky RINO.

diverdog
3/13/2012, 10:35 PM

Right:

GE Contributions:

Romney, Mitt (R)
Pres
$37,750

Obama, Barack (D)
Pres
$30,493

Berman, Howard L (D-CA)
House
$21,860

Brown, Scott (R-MA)
Senate
$20,400

Whitehouse, Sheldon (D-RI)
Senate
$11,415

Boehner, John (R-OH)
House
$10,000

Murphy, Christopher S (D-CT)
House
$9,500

McKeon, Howard P (Buck) (R-CA)
House
$9,250

General Electric: All Recipients

Among Federal Candidates, 2012 Cycle

Total: $774,319

Source of Funds:
http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/green.gifhttp://assets.opensecrets.org/img/green_lt.gif

Party Split:
http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/blue.gifhttp://assets.opensecrets.org/img/red.gif

http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/green.gif Individuals http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/green_lt.gif PACs http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/blue.gif Dems http://assets.opensecrets.org/img/red.gif Repubs

Midtowner
3/13/2012, 10:51 PM
^Facts get in the way of extremists yet again..

LiveLaughLove
3/14/2012, 01:35 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._Immelt

Immelt works for Obama. Most big corporations give contributions to both sides and I'm sure you know that. That way they are covered regardless of who wins.

GE owns NBC News, stop me when you see the conservative. Tom Brokaw? Hardly. Brian Williams? Go watch his questions to Bush when he was president vs the soft balls he lobs Obama's way. " Mr. President, how do you keep your composure while being attacked by the Republicans?"

Andrea Mitchell? Chuck Todd? Ann curry? Martin bashir? David Gregory?

Ill give you one moderate Republican out of about 35 reporters, Pete Williams.

I haven't even named any of the wackos on MSNBC.

Out of all of those chuck Todd is the most fair, but that's about a 70/30 split.

If you think the msm is even handed in its reportage then...well, you don't know even handed.

yermom
3/14/2012, 02:34 AM
Well, the coverage is going to look slanted when your party is chock full of *******s ;)

diverdog
3/14/2012, 06:14 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._Immelt

Immelt works for Obama. Most big corporations give contributions to both sides and I'm sure you know that. That way they are covered regardless of who wins.

GE owns NBC News, stop me when you see the conservative. Tom Brokaw? Hardly. Brian Williams? Go watch his questions to Bush when he was president vs the soft balls he lobs Obama's way. " Mr. President, how do you keep your composure while being attacked by the Republicans?"

Andrea Mitchell? Chuck Todd? Ann curry? Martin bashir? David Gregory?

Ill give you one moderate Republican out of about 35 reporters, Pete Williams.

I haven't even named any of the wackos on MSNBC.

Out of all of those chuck Todd is the most fair, but that's about a 70/30 split.

If you think the msm is even handed in its reportage then...well, you don't know even handed.

Why do you leave Fox, Clear Channel and Murdock out of the mix?

yermom
3/14/2012, 08:22 AM
those are the little guys trying to battle the big, bad MSM

SoonerProphet
3/14/2012, 08:24 AM
Come on, man! Outside these boards, sure you've got your usual gang of idiots like Maher and that ilk, but on these boards, Wm F Buckly would be called a pinky RINO.

To many Buckley is a pinky and was a vocal advocate of growing the size and scope of the government to advance his policy goals. I would say he had nary a "conservative" bone in his body.

Andrea Michell, the one married to Greenspan, a real radical I'm sure.

3/14/2012, 12:58 PM
Well, you do sorta prove my point by writing off the "msm" out of hand, as if Democratic journalists cannot tell the truth. Anyway, you seem pretty well cemented in; what's to learn if you know it all already? At least I hope you know better than write off me, or others who criticize the radical right, as mindless followers of the left. I am skeptical of everything in the media, especially those who think they have all the answers, left or right. I'd rather admit not knowing something than be deadly certain of what's not so. Don't be another I AM RUSH's Parrot who thinks everybody who calls BS at the righty radicals must be a leftist. I would love to defend the Republicans, from a conservative point of view, but they have gone off the rails, and what passes for conservatism these days used to be called right wing lunacy -- by conservatives. And the Pubs are cynically stoking the fires of ignorance, so they are pretty indefensible right now. Plus, the radical righties are the biggest, smuggest, got-it-all-figured-out howlers around here, so they are the easiest targets.You oughta condense the above, and have it as your sig. DON'T leave out the line "the pubs are cynically stoking the fires of ignorance", and "they have gone off the rails, and what passes for conservatism these days used to be called right wing lunacy -- by conservatives."...YOU GO! haha

49r
3/14/2012, 01:25 PM
those are the little guys trying to battle the big, bad MSM

HSFY and YF, yermom.

haha!

TUSooner
3/14/2012, 01:39 PM
To many Buckley is a pinky and was a vocal advocate of growing the size and scope of the government to advance his policy goals. I would say he had nary a "conservative" bone in his body.

Andrea Michell, the one married to Greenspan, a real radical I'm sure.

Gosh. You can't even exaggerate or make caricatures around here, because nothing is too absurd to be true.

SoonerProphet
3/14/2012, 05:05 PM
Gosh. You can't even exaggerate or make caricatures around here, because nothing is too absurd to be true.

It is not absurd, you are aware of Buckely's statist tendencies and a few paleo critiques aren't you?