PDA

View Full Version : GAME CHANGE

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 03:12 PM
Coming out on HBO tomorrow, March 10.

This movie, just a section of the book by the same name, details the McCain/Palin Presidential run in 2008.

Have fun.........

5-0

LiveLaughLove
3/9/2012, 03:59 PM
It details lies about the McCain / palin campaign. It's pure liberal fantasy.

The people involved in the movie donated $200k to democrats, zero to republicans. Their view means less than nothing.

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 04:13 PM
So you think Palin was thoroughly vetted to be McCain's running mate?

5-0

cleller
3/9/2012, 04:16 PM
Luckily, I went on record immediately after Palin was announced saying she'd be a bigger liability than Quayle.

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 04:49 PM
Still, she motivated a lot of people who weren't so enamored with the lastluster tho war hero McCain.

5-0

Midtowner
3/9/2012, 05:02 PM

The people involved in the movie donated $200k to democrats, zero to republicans. Their view means less than nothing.

I'm not going to comment on its accuracy until it has been released. But you're psychic?

TUSooner
3/9/2012, 05:07 PM

The person who wrote the above-quoted post has sacrificed his entire mind on the altar of right-wing hysteria and no longer has a thought to call his own. His views mean less than nothing to me. pffft.

I also suspect it is biased -- at least to some degree -- and I do not plan to watch it, but only because it's old news and I am not interested in the 2008 campaign (and don't have HBO). Palin put me off of McCain and what's done is done. But I won't condemn the flick without seeing it. My mind may not be too sharp, but it's MINE!

TUSooner
3/9/2012, 05:14 PM
Still, she motivated a lot of people who weren't so enamored with the lastluster tho war hero McCain.

5-0

This is very sad to me. But true. Why would people be lukewarm to McCain but embrace a zilch-brain like Palin? I'll never get it. And why he would blow his credibility (with me, anyway) by choosing that bink? I am sure the movie has an opinion, but it's too late for me to care.

soonercoop1
3/9/2012, 05:42 PM

5-0

Was/is Obama thoroughly vetted by the national media like Palin?

badger
3/9/2012, 05:54 PM

5-0

I think it's pretty well documented that McCain's first choice was Joe Lieberman, but that his advisers and everyone else was like "Sir, Barack Obama is black. We need to match a history making ticket with another history making ticket. Go with a woman running mate."

I've heard that McCain liked that the Palins seemed like your American dream family, varying ages, with important family issues facing many (son deploying off in the military, daughter pregnant and about to wed the baby daddy... well, at that time).

I don't plan to watch it, but really, there's so much campaign dirt out there on every candidate (can you just imagine what they could do with the John Edwards 2008 run?) so it doesn't bother me that it's made by liberals and stuff. Isn't that Hollywood in a nutshell, LIBERRRRRRRRRALLLLLSSSSS :P

LiveLaughLove
3/9/2012, 07:13 PM
I've read what McCain and Palin and others have said about it. They said it's complete garbage. Since it was them living it, I think I will believe them.

Not sure how that puts me on any altar, but that's fine. I don't subscribe to what liberals think or say about conservatives. Just as I don't subscribe to what non-Christians say about Christians. I find it is usually to be some caricature and not indicative of anyone I actually know.

HBO has the right to air it. I haven't said they shouldn't. I just know it is tripe and completely filled with out and out lies. It should be orgasmic for liberals. Enjoy.

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 07:45 PM
Was/is Obama thoroughly vetted by the national media like Palin?

That's not the responsibility of the national media to vet Obama. It's the responsibility of the Democratic Party.

Why didn't the Republican Party vet Sarah Palin before letting McCain choose her?

5-0

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 07:50 PM
I think as time passes other insiders will comment on the truthfulness of the show.

So far Steve Schmidt, McCain's campaign manager, thought it was spot on. He was also terribly disappointed in McCain's selection of Palin as a running mate. He was asked to make a silk purse out of a bubble-headed bimbo.

5-0

pphilfran
3/9/2012, 07:51 PM
That's not the responsibility of the national media to vet Obama. It's the responsibility of the Democratic Party.

Why didn't the Republican Party vet Sarah Palin before letting McCain choose her?

5-0

When they spoke to Sarah about the vetting...

She replied "A yellow convertible, please!"