PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter: Live

reflector
3/9/2012, 01:08 PM
The greatest reality show on television returns tonight. The series will be on FX now. New episodes will no longer be on Spike. I believe they are doing away with the numbering systems for The Ultimate Fighter now. I thought this would be called The Ultimate Fighter 15, but I guess that is not the case now.

The fights will be live every Friday night from now on. There will be 16 fights tonight, I believe. I think there is only a two and a half hour window for tonight’s episode. I think it will probably run over.

The coaches this season are Urijah Faber and Dominick Cruz. They have already fought twice before. Faber won the first fight. Cruz won the second fight. Cruz is the current UFC Bantamweight champion.

The cast for this season is Lightweights. I think it should be an interesting season. For those people who live in the OKC area and have Cox cable, FX is channels 35 and 753.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxEVOKe8EY

ouleaf
3/9/2012, 03:14 PM
Looking forward to it! Hope the Live format will be even better than the previous versions.

ouleaf
3/10/2012, 08:32 AM
Some really good fights last night....Thought the 5 minute, one round format to get in was good. Really impressive stuff from some guys. Was really wowed by Justin Lawrence, who was just plain ruthless. Interesting to see if he can keep that pace for a full fight.

reflector
3/10/2012, 01:39 PM
Some really good fights last night....Thought the 5 minute, one round format to get in was good. Really impressive stuff from some guys. Was really wowed by Justin Lawrence, who was just plain ruthless. Interesting to see if he can keep that pace for a full fight.

I was surprised by the one 5 minute round. I thought it was a good change though.

reflector
3/12/2012, 07:35 PM
The first episode of this season averaged 1.3 million viewers

Boomer.....
3/12/2012, 08:25 PM
I thought Cruickshank looked amazing. Too bad Dober had to draw him bc he's not a bad fighter himself. Tough as nails too.

That broken toe was nasty. I can't believe the dude was still kicking with that foot.

reflector
3/13/2012, 02:46 PM
I just read a tweet by Dana White. Apparently something bad happened in the TUF house today. The tweet is like three hours old. Here is the tweet.

Just landed in Vegas from TUF Brazil and something bad has already happened on TUF here so on my way to the training center.

Hopefully we will find out on Friday what happened.

reflector
3/16/2012, 10:26 PM
I think Vick's size is going to be hard for anyone to deal with season. I thought Faber made a really poor decision for the first fight pick.

achiro
3/17/2012, 10:45 PM
The end of that fight surprised the heck out of me. Lot of luck and bad timing on that one. I'll be surprised if he isn't the first to get an invite back in if there is an injury.

Boomer.....
3/18/2012, 08:15 AM
Well there went my pick. I bet the let him fight again during the finale.

StoopTroup
3/18/2012, 06:56 PM
Is this the one where the kid in the yellow jumpsuit is calling himself Bruce Lee something and smiling while he's fighting? If so that whole thing is funny as hell.

Boomer.....
3/18/2012, 07:11 PM
That is an old season. Bruce LeeRoy. lol

reflector
3/18/2012, 07:23 PM
That is an old season. Bruce LeeRoy. lol

His real name was Alex Caceres, I think.

StoopTroup
3/19/2012, 12:14 AM
That's him. That guy was a hoot.

reflector
3/22/2012, 05:22 PM
Here is a preview for episode three. It was put up a few hours ago. The fight is supposed to be Justin Lawrence vs. Cristiano Marcello. I hope it is a good fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ue2NjskpZ4

reflector
3/23/2012, 10:11 PM
Lawrence looked really good on tonight's episode. He kept catching Marcello before finally knocking him out. He landed a lot of hard shots throughout the whole fight.

ouleaf
3/24/2012, 11:37 AM
Finally caught up now! Lawrence despite how young has tons of experience. Just stayed patient, picked his shots and hit him with a nice left on the button to earn the victory. He is really, really good. Looked in control the whole way against a really good opponent. Not really sure I agreed with Faber decision to emphasize that Marcello keep the fight in the stand up and not on the ground where he is much more comfortable.

achiro
3/28/2012, 07:55 PM
Finally caught up now! Lawrence despite how young has tons of experience. Just stayed patient, picked his shots and hit him with a nice left on the button to earn the victory. He is really, really good. Looked in control the whole way against a really good opponent. Not really sure I agreed with Faber decision to emphasize that Marcello keep the fight in the stand up and not on the ground where he is much more comfortable.
I will never understand a fighter not using his real strengths just to prove how well rounded he is. Marcelo should have tried a hundred take downs if thats what it took to get him to the ground.

reflector
3/30/2012, 03:38 PM
Myles Jury vs. Al Iaquinta is the fight on tonight's episode. I think Jury will win. Hopefully it will be a good fight.

reflector
3/30/2012, 10:18 PM
I thought tonight's fight was the best fight of the season so far. Iaquinta looked really good in winning.

Boomer.....
3/31/2012, 11:16 AM
I'm glad Faber's team finally got a win. Good fight!

reflector
4/6/2012, 10:58 PM
I thought Chiesa looked good in beating Larsen tonight. I thought the knee in first round was very dumb though. Hopefully he fights a little smarter in the future.

Joe Proctor vs. Chris Tickle next week. I really hope Proctor can beat Tickle.

Boomer.....
4/7/2012, 09:03 AM
If they took a point away, I don't know how the judges would have scored either round 10-8.

reflector
4/14/2012, 06:00 AM
I thought Proctor looked really good in beating Tickle. I thought Tickle would win, but I am glad that Proctor was able to win. Next week the fight is John Cofer vs. Vinc Pichel.

ouleaf
4/15/2012, 10:13 AM
Tickle could be a solid fighter if he continues to train with coaches. He seems to have little to no ground abilities and gave up that choke pretty easily. Credit him for trying to fight out of it as long as he did. Proctor is a decent fighter, but I'm not sure if he got a really good test or not against Tickle. Pretty solid group of fighters and fights so far this season though.

reflector
4/20/2012, 11:30 PM
I really enjoyed the fight on tonight's episode. The first two rounds were a draw, so it went to a sudden victory round. Pichel was able to win by arm triangle in the third round. Sam Sicilia vs. Chris Saunders is the fight for next week's episode.

Boomer.....
4/27/2012, 10:07 PM
Great fight! I think Sam got hosed in the second. He throws bombs.

reflector
4/27/2012, 10:11 PM
Great fight! I think Sam got hosed in the second. He throws bombs.

I agree. I thought Sicilia deserved to win the second round. I thought the fight should have gone to a third round. Saunders advances though. Andy Ogle vs. Mike Rio next week.

ouleaf
4/28/2012, 11:58 AM
Saunders took some huge shots from Sicilia throughout the whole match...can't recall a guy connecting on so many power punches and losing a fight. Refs got that one wrong IMO. Saunders might have scored more takedowns, but he didn't really do anything when he did.

Boomer.....
4/28/2012, 01:50 PM
Saunders was having to keep his distance throughout the fight to avoid Sam's punches.

reflector
5/4/2012, 10:13 PM
Ogle looked good in beating Rio tonight. Next week we get two fights, I believe. James Vick vs. Joe Proctor and Justin Lawrence vs. Michael Chiesa are both supposed to happen.

ouleaf
5/5/2012, 12:30 AM
Could believe Cruz lost to Faber in the coaches challenge after Cruz jumped out to such an impressive lead. Thought Rio got the early jump on Ogle too, but Ogle stayed with it and got back in control. Should be great fights next week!

reflector
5/11/2012, 10:22 PM
I thought the fight between the Chiesa and Lawrence was really good. I was surpised by the reversal in the third round by Chiesa. The fight between Vick and Proctor was okay.

Next week the fights are Pichel vs. Saunders and Iaquinta vs. Ogle.

ouleaf
5/12/2012, 09:22 PM
Surprised the Vick Proctor fight didn't go to a 3rd round. Thing the judges got that wrong. Vick could be great if he puts it all together, but he's just not there yet IMO.

Really surprised Chiesa got the win in the 3rd round after Lawrence really hurt him in the 2nd. Surprised Lawrence really didn't go for more body shots after that. Lawrence will go on to a great MMA career no doubt. Young guy with big time power and what seems like pretty good stamina. Just needs to work on he ground game a bit more.

reflector
5/18/2012, 10:16 PM
Iaquinta looked very good in his fight on tonight's episode. Next week it is Vick vs. Chiesa and Pichel vs. Iaquinta. I think both will be good fights. They will determine the two finalists.

ouleaf
5/19/2012, 10:08 AM
Props to Saunders for staying in there with Pichel. Never seen a guy take that many knees to the stomach and still keep standing. Pichel will be a tough matchup for Iaquinta.

reflector
5/25/2012, 10:15 PM
Iaquinta vs. Chiesa is the final fight. I thought the fight between Chiesa and Vick on tonight's episode was really good. I am excited for the finale. I think it will be a really good fight.

Boomer.....
5/26/2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not sold on Chiesa but its a great story. I think Al handles him fairly easily.