PDA

View Full Version : Hail In Hawaii

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 12:27 PM
Whodathunkit???

It's been raining almost 3 weeks solid and just now a large nasty storm just swept over windward Oahu bringing thunder, lightning and 2 inch sized hail.

It's rare to even get thunder and lightning, Just rain. But hail??? Pretty wild.

5-0

badger
3/9/2012, 12:28 PM
Send the rain this way plz

cleller
3/9/2012, 04:13 PM
No hail in Hawaii?

Oh no, what a wasteland. You probably don't have killer tornadoes, ice storms, 110 degrees for two months, crank heads or Stillwater, either.

I bet the sand on those beaches gets all hot in the sun, too. Hopefully the girls in the bikinis don't spend all their time away from the beach eating hot wings and cheese smacks.

8timechamps
3/9/2012, 05:51 PM
Whodathunkit???

It's been raining almost 3 weeks solid and just now a large nasty storm just swept over windward Oahu bringing thunder, lightning and 2 inch sized hail.

It's rare to even get thunder and lightning, Just rain. But hail??? Pretty wild.

5-0

Where in Hawaii are you? I've been to Kauai three times (never anywhere else), and could definitely live there. Given how technology is these days, retiring there is a real possibility.

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 08:36 PM
Where in Hawaii are you? I've been to Kauai three times (never anywhere else), and could definitely live there. Given how technology is these days, retiring there is a real possibility.

I'm on Windward Oahu, away from Waikiki and the tourists.

When I first visited, the same thought occured to me "Gosh, I would like to live here sometime in my life." The opportunity came 2 years later and I took it. 23 years ago.

5-0

8timechamps
3/9/2012, 08:49 PM
I'm on Windward Oahu, away from Waikiki and the tourists.

When I first visited, the same thought occured to me "Gosh, I would like to live here sometime in my life." The opportunity came 2 years later and I took it. 23 years ago.

5-0

You wake up everyday in paradise! It does not suck to be you.

One of the things I liked most about Kauai was the house we rent is reasonable, and it's right next to the Marriott. They actually own the property, so we can take advantage of the private beach and the amenities of the hotel without being too touristy. Kauai doesn't have all the jetski rentals, etc. So, it's perfect to play golf and hang out on the beach.

hawaii 5-0
3/9/2012, 09:25 PM
You wake up everyday in paradise! It does not suck to be you.

One of the things I liked most about Kauai was the house we rent is reasonable, and it's right next to the Marriott. They actually own the property, so we can take advantage of the private beach and the amenities of the hotel without being too touristy. Kauai doesn't have all the jetski rentals, etc. So, it's perfect to play golf and hang out on the beach.

I've been to Kauai many times. Back before I became a homeowner I used to go holoholo to Neighbor Islands for weekend getaways. Usually stayed up north in Princeville or around Poipu, south. I like all the islands and they're all a bit different in their own special way. Yeah, I know how lucky I am. It doesn't mean I'm better tho, in any way.

5-0

Tedski
3/14/2012, 09:49 AM
http://youtu.be/3-TfZslHKoo