PDA

View Full Version : A Mad Vet

SanJoaquinSooner
3/9/2012, 11:39 AM
No, I don't mean an armed forces veteran who may live on a hill with a pet alligator, but a mad scientist who studies animals.

He has invented an animal transforming machine. If you put in two deer or two alligators, then one alligator comes out of the machine. If you put in one deer and one alligator, then one deer comes out.

1. Can the vet end up with only one deer (and no other animals) if he starts with three deer and one alligator?

2. For which collections of starting animals is it possible for the mad vet to end up with only one deer?

Flagstaffsooner
3/9/2012, 12:46 PM
Did Vet send you some jelly, Juan?:unconscious:

Turd_Ferguson
3/9/2012, 12:50 PM
Did Vet send you some jelly, Juan?:unconscious:I doubt it...prolly just juan being a typical *******...

dwarthog
3/9/2012, 12:58 PM
No, I don't mean an armed forces veteran who may live on a hill with a pet alligator, but a mad scientist who studies animals.

He has invented an animal transforming machine. If you put in two deer or two alligators, then one alligator comes out of the machine. If you put in one deer and one alligator, then one deer comes out.

1. Can the vet end up with only one deer (and no other animals) if he starts with three deer and one alligator?

2. For which collections of starting animals is it possible for the mad vet to end up with only one deer?

1) yes

2) See Combination in 1

I think.... ;)

olevetonahill
3/9/2012, 01:05 PM

Easiest way to end up with NO Gator is let some ******* on a message board know about it :congratulatory:

The Deer here just keep on Mutiplyin

Flagstaffsooner
3/9/2012, 01:05 PM
I doubt it...prolly just juan being a typical *******...

Juans illegals just brought him new stuff from across the boarder.

olevetonahill
3/9/2012, 01:09 PM
Really?
Hey jaun send me some cactus juice

Turd_Ferguson
3/9/2012, 01:12 PM
I want some home made tortilas...

SanJoaquinSooner
3/9/2012, 01:57 PM
I want some home made tortilas...

Here you go:

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/Picture179.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/Picture220.jpg

SoonerAtKU
3/9/2012, 04:51 PM
1. Yes

2. Gator + Gator = Gator, leaves you with 2 Gators and a Deer. Gator + Gator = Gator. Gator + Deer = your one Deer left.

Flagstaffsooner
3/10/2012, 06:30 AM
This new math confuses me.:tennis:

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 08:09 AM

***SPOILER ALERT***

The key is the number of deer in the set. Is it even or odd? In one case, you end up with a single alligator and the other case you end up with a single deer. The number of alligators in the starting set is irrelevant.

Note: Zero is an even number.