PDA

View Full Version : Rate Lon's season

8timechamps
3/8/2012, 06:20 PM
Given what he had to work with, how do you think he did?

OU_Sooners75
3/8/2012, 09:23 PM
I thought he did a great job for what he was dealt.

He won more games this year with less talent than Capel was able to with more the last two years.

I also think had Newell stuck around, we would a definite NIT team and a bubble NCAA team, with at least 4 more wins.

BoomerSooner123
3/8/2012, 09:40 PM
It leaves me (are we done for sure- I'm a diehard) with hope for a top third in conference next yesr and definite NCAA bid. Weak finish was disappointing.

8timechamps
3/8/2012, 10:01 PM
It leaves me (are we done for sure- I'm a diehard) with hope for a top third in conference next yesr and definite NCAA bid. Weak finish was disappointing.

I would be really surprised if we ended up in any post season tourney. I think a top third and possible NCAA bid is reasonable. At least I think it is.

nighttrain12
3/8/2012, 10:49 PM
He did better than Jeff In-Capel-Able did his last 2 seasons. But I expect to see more progress next season or he could turn out to be just a mediocre coach in Sooner annals.

oulucas
3/9/2012, 12:46 AM
I like what he is all about. And, I'm aware he didn't have much to work with, so I give him credit for a very good job. But there were a number of times we lost games down the stretch that we should have won. Is that on him? Maybe not, but it happened. If I were allowed to rate him in the first half of games this season it would be GREAT. In the second half, just good.

Eielson
3/9/2012, 12:55 AM
To say you think we're in good hands is one thing, but I don't think you can look at this season and say it was great, or even good.

badger
3/9/2012, 09:46 AM
The one thing that drove me a little bit crazy was seeing awful horribly terrible unquestionably bad ref calls and Lon didn't react at all. At least Sherri has her "death stare." Lon has no death to his stare.

Players are told to not argue with refs, lest they get technical fouls (personal foul flag, or yellow/red cards, etc etc), thus, it falls on the coaches to be the bad guy to the officials, not the players.

Other than that, we were in pretty much every game up till the second half and I think we can overcome that next season with more time in the Lon system of OMG DEFENSE AND PRESSURE and more time outta the Felton J Trey system of complacency.